Everyone knows that the Central Asian Shepherd is better kept in his house. But they are not chain dogs, but require a certain freedom in movement. And the best option in this case is an aviary for Alabai. How should it be and can it be built independently?
- Требования, предъявляемые к вольеру для алабая 1. Requirements for the enclosure for alabai
- Вольер для алабая своими руками 2. An aviary for alabaya own hands
- Демонстрация вольера своими руками на видео 3. Demonstration of the cage with your own hands on the video
- Эксплуатационные качества будки и вольера 4. Performance of the booth and enclosure
Requirements for the enclosure for alabai
Area. Alabai - dogs are large, powerful, so in a small enclosure they will definitely be cramped. Moreover, it is necessary to place a booth in it, to allocate a place for food and leave space for free movement. Considering all this, the size of the enclosure for Alabai should be at least 10 sq.m. A large area is welcome, but it is by no means impossible to reduce it.
If it is built for several inhabitants, then it is necessary to add 5 sq. M. meters for each pet. Bitches will require more space, as their content implies the appearance of offspring, which also lives for some time with the mother.
Height. Alabai strong instinct of reproduction, which allows the dogs to wave through the three-meter fences, in search of "bride." Therefore, the fence must be as high as possible.
This feature becomes the reason for the prohibition to install a booth near the fences. Alabai, climbing to the roof of the booth, can easily sweep through any fence.
Floor. As for the flooring for the enclosure, it should be done combined. Concrete is not recommended, as it is cold and can lead to the occurrence of various diseases of the pet. It is best to partially asphalt the territory.
The rest of the floor is made of softwood boards. The tree is able to maintain a good climate - do not overheat in the sun and do not freeze in the cold. Of course, it is more difficult to clean the wooden flooring. Naturally, the pet needs to walk, otherwise the floor in the aviary will very quickly become unusable.
The simplest and most economical option is to protect the land without building a floor and ceiling. But alabai noble diggers, so you need to be prepared for the fact that the dog will dig the ground under the walls. And, in addition, in rainy weather, the pet will always have to be in the booth.
Roof. Therefore, it is worthwhile to think about the comfort of the pet and make him a roof. It can be made of corrugated board, flexible shingles, ondulin or metal.
Door. From the front side of the enclosure, there must necessarily be a full door, not a hatch. This is necessary not only for the dog, but also for the person to go quietly. For the sake of safety, it must open inside. It will be advisable to equip the entrance with strong bolts made of metal, or a large padlock.
Overview. The main function of Alabai is to protect the territory, which means that it is necessary to have cages where the dog can see the whole yard, or in the place most vulnerable to penetration by intruders.
Material. Naturally, when choosing materials, you need to take into account the physical data of Central Asian sheep dogs. Shaky buildings can not stand the pressure of such a powerful beast. The supporting structure should be installed deep at least a third of the total length and poured with concrete. Mesh-rabitsa, often used as an enclosure, in this case is not suitable - alabai it often gnaw out.
Aviary for alabaya own hands
Of course, turning to professionals, you can order absolutely any project of the enclosure, up to the brick buildings. But here's a simpler version you can do yourself, considering that, despite endurance, the pet still needs protection from atmospheric phenomena.
Not having special building skills and material means, it is possible to build a structure from a metal profile, having welded to it a galvanized welded mesh. It will not take many times and money.
More difficult, expensive, but also practical, is the installation of metal pipes (digging must necessarily be accompanied by concreting). Grids are welded to the base. To run the cage longer, it is necessary to prime all metal parts and cover with enamel. It is recommended to use the hot painting method.
Implied mandatory installation of the door with reliable locks. The floor is better floored from pre-ground boards. To increase the service life, it is desirable to treat the floor surface with special solutions protecting the material from decay.
The roof is constructed using light beams and covered with an onduline. In order for the pet to be protected from the wind, the walls of the enclosure (one or two) can be polycarbonate. The front side must remain an overview, so that the alabai can perform their security duties.
To ensure the shade and coolness in the summer heat, you can plant a climbing plant at one of the walls of the enclosure. This is the most beneficial option for keeping the Central Asian Shepherd, without prejudice to the pet itself.
Demonstration of the cage with your own hands on the video
Performance of the booth and enclosure
It's not enough just to build a structure, it is necessary to look after it properly:
- Cleaning of the enclosure. The place of keeping the pet should be clean. You can not clutter the cage and the adjacent space with unnecessary items. It must be swept twice a day. Excrement must be cleaned, for this purpose there must be a special scapula and a container, which is also emptied as it is filled. Remains of bones, too, must be removed in a timely manner from the enclosures. It is necessary at least once in the warm season to wash the enclosure with water. To water from cleaning or rain in the enclosure is not stagnant, it is recommended to arrange along the enclosure ditches or trays. They must have a mandatory bias, so that the water spontaneously flows into the sewer, or a special container. Of the necessary cleaning equipment must have: a few scoops of iron, a broom, boxes, a wooden and iron shovel, several large buckets. See why dogs eat excrement .
- Disinfection. An obligatory measure, which must be done every month in the summer, and once every three months during the remaining periods. Use a three-percent solution of creolin or lysol. It is prepared by dissolving substances in warm water. For spraying on the surface, it is most convenient to use a water jet, distributing the liquid on the walls and floor. Disinfection is carried out only after careful cleaning of the enclosure, its purification from debris. Running the pet in the enclosure can only be done after the entire drying of the treated surfaces. In order to last longer, the wood does not need to be wet-cleaned frequently. After the event, the tree must dry out.
Do not allow overgrowing of the enclosure by vegetation. Between the decorative plant and the wall, the distance should be at least 20 cm.
In winter, you need to regularly clean the roof, otherwise a layer of snow can simply squeeze it. And it is also recommended to clean the perimeter of the enclosure from drifts, especially during periods of warming and possible snow melt.
In the cold, you can take care of the pet and hang the entrance to the booth with a tarpaulin. This is especially important for sharpened bitches. For the same purpose, the floor in the booth is covered with straw. Change litter is necessary at least once in seven days.
When you plant a Central Asian sheep dog, it is worth considering that this is not a sociable establishment and is not suitable for keeping in an enclosure with other animals.
- reviews about alabay ;
- training Alabai ;
- how to educate alabai ;
- how to call alabaya ;
- than to feed alabaya ;
- Alabai (Central Asian Shepherd) .