Everyone knows that the Central Asian Shepherd is better kept in their home. But at the same time they are not chain dogs, but require a certain freedom in movement. And the best option in this case is an aviary for alabay. What should it be and is it possible to build it yourself?
- Требования, предъявляемые к вольеру для алабая 1. Requirements for the aviary for Alabai
- Вольер для алабая своими руками 2. Aviary for alabaya do it yourself
- Демонстрация вольера своими руками на видео 3. Demonstration of the aviary do-it-yourself video
- Эксплуатационные качества будки и вольера 4. The performance of the booth and aviary
Requirements for the aviary for alabaya
Square. Alabai are big, powerful dogs, so they will definitely be cramped in a small aviary. Moreover, it is necessary to place a booth in it, make a place for meals and leave room for free movement. Given all this, the size of the aviary for alabay should be at least 10 sq.m. A large area is welcome, but in no case should it be reduced.
If it is built for several inhabitants, then it is necessary to add 5 square meters each. meters for each pet. The females will need more space, since their content implies the appearance of offspring, which also dwells for some time with their mother.
Height. Alabayev has a strong breeding instinct, which allows males to fly over three-meter fences in search of a “bride”. Therefore, the fence should be as high as possible.
This feature causes the ban to install the booth near the fences. Alabai, climbing onto the roof of the booth, can easily jump over any fence.
Floor. As for the flooring for the aviary, it should be done combined. Concrete is not recommended, as it is cold and can cause various pet diseases. It is best to partially asphalt the area.
The rest of the floor is made of coniferous boards. The tree is able to maintain a good climate - do not overheat in the sun and not freeze through in the cold. Of course, cleaning wood flooring is more difficult. Naturally, the pet must be walked, otherwise the floor in the aviary will very quickly become unusable.
The simplest and most economical option is to enclose a land plot without building a floor or ceiling. But alabai and noble men of diggers, so you need to be prepared for the fact that the dog will dig the ground under the walls. And, besides, in rainy weather, the pet will have to be constantly in the booth.
Roof. Therefore, it is still worth thinking about the comfort of your pet and make him a roof. It can be from a professional flooring, a flexible tile, an ondulin or a metal tile.
A door. On the front side of the aviary, there must be a full door, not a manhole. This is necessary not only for the dog, but also in order for the person to calmly enter. For the sake of security, it must open inwards. It would be advisable to equip the entrance with strong valves made of metal or a large padlock.
Overview. The main function of the alabai is to protect the territory, which means that the aviary must be located where the dog can see the entire yard, or in the most vulnerable place for intruders to enter.
Material. Naturally, the choice of materials must take into account the physical data of the Central Asian shepherd dogs. Flimsy buildings can not stand up under the pressure of such a powerful beast. The supporting structure must be installed at least one third deep into the entire length and filled with concrete. The grid-chain-link, often used as an enclosure for the fence, will not work in this case - the alabai is often gnawed by it.
Aviary for alabaya do it yourself
Of course, turning to professionals, you can order absolutely any project of the aviary, right up to brick buildings. But here's a simpler option you can do yourself, given that, despite the endurance, the pet still needs protection from atmospheric phenomena.
Having no special construction skills and material means, it is possible to build a structure from a metal profile, by welding a galvanized welded wire mesh to it. It does not take a lot of time and money.
More difficult, costly, but also practical, is the installation of metal pipes (the digging must necessarily be accompanied by concreting). Lattices are welded to the base. In order for the aviary to last longer, it is necessary to prime all metal parts and enamel it. It is recommended to use the hot painting method.
It implies the mandatory installation of the door with reliable constipation. It is better to lay the floor of pre-polished boards. To increase the service life, it is desirable to treat the floor surface with special solutions that protect the material from rotting.
The roof is constructed using lightweight beams and covered with ondulin. So that the pet has protection from the wind, the enclosure walls (one or two) can be covered with polycarbonate. The front side must remain clear so that Alabai may fulfill his security duties.
To ensure shade and coolness in the summer heat, you can plant a climbing plant near one of the walls of the aviary. This is the most profitable option for keeping the Central Asian Shepherd Dog, without prejudice to the pet itself.
Showcase aviary do it yourself on video
Performance of the booth and aviary
It is not enough just to build a structure, it is still necessary to properly care for it:
- Cleaning the aviary. Pet maintenance must be kept clean. It is impossible to overload the open-air cage and the adjacent space with unnecessary objects. Twice a day you need to sweep it. The excrement must be cleaned; for this purpose there must be a special paddle and container, which will also be emptied as it is filled. Remains of bones should also be removed from enclosures in a timely manner. It is necessary at least once during the warm season to wash the cage with water. To prevent the water from harvesting or rain in the aviary from stagnating, it is recommended to arrange ditches or trays along the aviary. They must have a mandatory slope, so that the water spontaneously drained into the sewer, or a special container. From the necessary cleaning equipment you need to have: a few scoops of iron, a broom, boxes, wooden and iron shovel, several large buckets. See why dogs eat excrement .
- Disinfection. Mandatory event to be held monthly in summer, and once every three months in other periods. You can use a three percent solution of creolin or lysol. It is prepared by dissolving substances in warm water. For spraying on the surface it is most convenient to use a hydraulic control unit, distributing the liquid on the walls and floor. Disinfection is carried out only after a thorough cleaning of the aviary, its cleansing from debris. It is possible to run a pet in an open-air cage only after complete drying of the treated surfaces. That wood served longer, it is not necessary to carry out wet cleaning often. After the event, the tree must dry out.
It is not necessary to allow the overgrowing of the enclosure with vegetation. The distance between the ornamental plant and the wall should be not less than 20 cm.
In winter, you need to regularly clean the roof, otherwise a layer of snow can just push it. It is also recommended to clear the perimeter of the cage from snowdrifts, especially during periods of warming and possible melting of snow.
In the cold, you can take care of the pet and hang the entrance to the booth with a tarpaulin. This is especially important for whelping bitches. For the same purpose, the floor in the booth was covered with straw. It is necessary to change litter at least once every seven days.
When you start a Central Asian Shepherd, you should bear in mind that this is not a convivial creation and is not suitable for keeping in an aviary with other animals.
- reviews about alabai ;
- training alabay ;
- how to raise alabaya ;
- how to call alaby ;
- what to feed alaby ;
- Alabai (Central Asian Shepherd Dog) .