The trick, always causing a storm of enthusiasm among children and adults, called "Die!", Is not included in the course of mandatory commands and does not carry a special intellectual and physical load. However, many owners want to teach their four-footed friend to perform a similar task, raising the mood, both to others and to the stunt man himself. How to train your pet "die" for fun to the audience?
Why this team?
Do not think that if the team is not used for practical purposes, and "die" is such a task, then it is considered useless. First of all, it is worth noting that as a cheerful, habitual action, it is very popular with dogs, and they gladly fulfill it. This is not a hard training, but rather a playful, relaxing exercise, which is useful to give the pet in moments of stressful situations - when moving, participating in shows, etc.
Dogs are not always good at changing the situation, and playing with mandatory encouragement can reduce anxiety. In addition, the assimilation of tricky tasks that go beyond the basic course, positively affects the mental development of the pet, improves discipline and promotes unconditional subordination to the master. Jointly spent time makes friendship between a man and a dog stronger, they begin to understand each other better.
When can I start training?
Of course, everything is individual, but most puppies are able to absorb the "die" command from 3 months. It is important that the baby learned two nuances: any properly executed team is encouraged by delicacy and after the tasks waiting for him to play and fun.
However, the cynologists note that it is better for the training to be given to dogs that have crossed the boundary of the adolescent period. By the age of 12 months, pets who have already mastered the basic set of knowledge are much quicker to grasp the essence of the task and usually do not experience difficulties in performing even complex tasks. The adult dog needs to update the repertoire, and itself seeks to learn. But this is general information, and everything depends on the temperament of the animal and its pedigree characteristics.
Watch the video and learn how to teach the dog the trick "UMRI":
Features of training
That the dog has learned a new task, you can apply the following methods:
- securing the desired behavior;
- purposeful development of the team.
Using the right approach and mandatory encouragement, the pet in a couple of weeks, or even faster, will execute the team. What is the team? And all is simple - the dog needs to be rolled on a back and thus to lift paws upwards. Such a position he must fix until he hears a command allowing him to "return from the other world." If everything is executed clearly - there should necessarily be praise and transfer to the "risen" delicious.
Training is best done according to the following plan:
- It is important to choose the right time, the period when the dog is already warmed up and not off to rest is suitable. You need to give the command "Lie!" And sit next to the pet on your knees.
- In the hand, you should keep the palatability on the side of the pet's head and move to his shoulder (such a practice is used when the team "roll!"). The goal was achieved if the dog turned over on its side.
- The next step is to continue to move, helping the dog to lie on its back, holding it in the middle of the body. If the dog has succeeded in taking the position, it is necessary to praise and pat on the peritoneum. It's important to back up your actions with praise and the "Die!" Command, and pronounce it clearly, and slightly increase the volume.
- When the dog begins to get to take a reclining position, it is worth trying to invite him to lie down and roll over on his back without the help of the owner, but with the use of delicacies. If the dog does not fix on its back, and immediately rolled to the other side, it is worthwhile to hold it by the chest. And then gently release your hands so that the pet is already lying.
- Training is recommended to be spent until the pet can not carry out the task independently - having received a voice or gesture command. The dog must be in a "dead" position until the owner gives a rebuff command - by the way, you can come up with any word for it - "You're healthy", "Rise!", Etc.
The command "die!" Causes affection and laughter, therefore it is recommended to use it for raising the mood and positive!