The trick that always causes a storm of delight in children and adults, which is called “Die!”, Is not included in the course of mandatory commands and does not bear special intellectual and physical activity. However, many owners want to teach their four-sided friend how to perform such a task, elevating mood, both to those around him and to the stuntman himself. How to train your pet "to die" for the fun of the audience?
Why do you need this team?
Do not think that if the team will not be used for practical purposes, but “die” is such a task, then it is considered useless. First of all, it is worth noting that being a fun, habitual action, she loves dogs very much, and they gladly perform it. This is not a tough training, but rather a playful, relaxing activity, which is useful to give your pet in moments of stressful situations - when moving, taking part in shows, etc.
Dogs do not always tolerate a change of environment well, and playing with obligatory reward can reduce anxiety. In addition, the assimilation of stunt assignments that go beyond the basic course has a positive effect on the mental development of a pet, improves discipline and contributes to unconditional submission to the owner. The time spent together make the friendship between man and dog stronger, they begin to better understand each other.
When can I start learning?
Of course, everything is individual, but most of the puppies "die" team are able to learn from 3 months. At the same time, it is important that the child learns two nuances: any correctly executed team is encouraged by the delicacy and after tasks it is waiting for games and fun.
However, dog handlers point out that dogs that have crossed the threshold of adolescence can be better trained. By 12 months, pets who have already mastered the basic set of knowledge, much quicker grasp the essence of the task and usually do not have difficulty in performing, even complex, tasks. An adult dog needs to update the repertoire, and she is committed to learning. But this is general information, and it all depends on the temperament of the animal and its breed characteristics.
Watch the video and learn how to teach your dog a trick "DIE":
Features of training
To the dog learned a new task, you can use the following methods:
- reinforcing desired behavior;
- targeted team work.
Using the right approach and mandatory encouragement, a pet in a couple of weeks, or even faster, will execute the command. What is the team itself? And everything is simple - the dog needs to roll onto its back and at the same time lift up its paws. He should fix a similar situation until he hears a command allowing him to “return from the next world”. If everything is done clearly, the praise and transfer to the “risen” snack should definitely come.
Training is best done according to the following plan:
- It is important to choose the right time, the time will come when the dog is already warming up and is not averse to rest. You need to give the command "Lie down!" And sit down next to the pet on your knees.
- In the hand, you should hold the delicacy on the side of the pet's head and move it to its shoulder (similar working off is used with the command “tumble!”). The goal is achieved if the dog turned on its side.
- The next stage is to keep moving, helping the dog to lie on its back, holding it in the middle of the body. If the dog succeeds in accepting the position, it is necessary to praise and stroke the peritoneum. It is important to back up your actions with praise and the “die!” Command, and to pronounce it clearly, and slightly increasing the volume.
- When the dog starts to get lying down, you should try to offer him to lie down and roll over onto his back without the help of the host, but using delicacy. If the dog did not lock onto his back, but immediately rolled to the other side, it is worth holding him by the chest. And then gently release your hands so that the pet is already lying.
- Training is recommended until the pet can perform the task on its own - by receiving a voice or gesture command. The dog must be in a "dead" position until the owner gives the command of the end - by the way, for this you can come up with any word - "You are healthy", "Rise up!", Etc.
The “die!” Command causes tenderness and laughter, therefore it is recommended to use it to raise your mood and positive!