A dog in the house is a huge responsibility for the owner. There are situations when the animal's nose becomes dry and hot. How to respond to this indicator of canine health, in all cases is it necessary to visit a veterinarian? It must be remembered that in addition to a dry nose, the dog may have any additional symptoms, so do not make hasty conclusions, you need to take a closer look at the pet. What to do?
- Причины сухого носа у собаки 1. Causes of dry nose in dogs
- Что делать, если у собаки теплый нос 2. What to do if the dog has a warm nose
- У собаки простуда 3. The dog has a cold
- Аллергия у питомца 4. Allergies in the pet
- Климатические особенности 5. Climatic features
- Травма 6. Injury
- Глистные инвазии 7. Glistovye invasions
- Чумка 8. Chum
- Когда волноваться не следует 9. When you should not worry
Causes of dry nose in dogs
A dry and warm nose should alert the dog owner. The reasons can be several:
- The most common cause that caused dryness of the nose and its warming, may be a cold disease. Loving master, should not only be able to feel the nose of the pet, but also to measure its temperature. If the indicator on the thermometer exceeds 39, other symptoms of the disease ( coughing , sour eyes, sluggishness of the dog), it is necessary to start treating the common cold.
- Often the cause of a warm nose is an allergic reaction. All around us are allergens. Plastic dishes, household chemicals, food. Dogs, just like humans, can react to allergens. If the dog reacts to the allergen, then there will be no other visible manifestations of the disease. You should consult your veterinarian and determine the cause of the allergic reaction.
- Nasal dryness can be observed in the nursing bitches. This is considered normal, so do not panic, and call a veterinarian at home.
- In summer, a dog that is in the sun for a long time can get a skin burn. On the nose skin is not protected by hair, so a sunburn is possible. Noticing the warm and dry nose of the pet, inspect the place where it was. The dog box must be placed in a cool place so that the animal can rest in the shade. In addition, it should monitor the presence in the access zone of the pet capacity with cool drinking water. In the summer heat the dog can overheat, which will also be expressed in the dryness of the nose.
- In winter, when there is a frosty and windy weather, the skin on the dog's nose can be exposed to natural factors. Winter cold can lead to dry skin of the nose, in more serious cases it can be painful cracks.
- During walks, and just in the yard, the dog can be accidentally injured. Sometimes trauma leads to the appearance of such a symptom, as the dryness of the nose and its warming. Noticing that the dog has a warm nose, you should inspect it for injuries or damage to the skin. If the pet refuses to give the paw, it is likely that it damaged it. It is necessary to determine the severity of the injury and seek help from a veterinary clinic, or to cope with the problem on their own.
- Stressful situations have a negative effect on the canine body. Pernervnichav, the dog can be a little sick, which causes such a symptom as a warm and dry nose.
- The dryness of the nose complete with the appearing blisters on it, indicates a disease such as pemphigus. It is attributed to diseases of the immune system. Characteristic signs of the disease: blisters with a liquid on the skin. After the ripening of the bubble, it bursts, then dry crusts appear that prevent the dog from breathing. Determine the type of pathogen can only be after the test.
- If the dog has constipation in addition to a warm nose, she is listless, does not want to play, you should check her for helminthiasis. Worms in large numbers, accumulated in the peritoneum, can cause severe intoxication of the animal. The temperature of the body can thus both increase and decrease.
- A warm nose can be combined with other signs of a plague. The condition of the dog with this disease is as follows: hot parched nose, lethargy, purulent discharge from the eyes and nasal passages, refusal of food, indigestion. An animal can have a staggering gait, it can drag its hind legs and fall on its side. In severe cases, syncope or convulsive seizures are possible.
What to do if the dog has a warm nose
In each specific case it is necessary to soberly assess the situation, your strengths and the state of the animal. Only then make a decision: to show the animal to the veterinarian or help him on his own. Consider the basic situations in which an animal may turn out to be.
The dog has a cold
If you suspect a cold, if the condition of the dog is not critical, you can get by home treatment, but if possible, show the animal to the veterinarian so as not to miss pneumonia . The first measures that a host should take in the case of a pet's cold disease are:
- Provide a quiet environment, give a warm drink and delicious food, from which the pet just will not refuse. To maintain strength, it is necessary that the dog eat at least a little.
- Skvoznjakov in that place where the sick dog rests, should not be. The room should not be too hot or too cold. It is desirable to ensure a normal temperature in the room.
- To go out into the street is necessary, because the dog needs to cope with physiological needs. Time of walking can be limited to a quarter of an hour.
- If the dog is freezing, you can cover it with something warm or even warm it with a warmer.
- Periodically you can comb the dog with a brush. Such a massage activates the defenses of the body, helps to disperse blood and keep warm.
At the initial stage of the disease, when the dog does not refuse food and drink, it is possible to treat with the following medications: Gamavit, Amoxiclav, Cycloferon. To reduce the temperature, intramuscular injections of Analgin and Dimedrol are used, which are performed 2 times a day. If the treatment does not help, the dog feels worse, call a veterinarian for an examination. It is possible that the animal develops pneumonia. This condition is quite serious and without the appointment of a specialist with him will not be able to cope. In order to diagnose the inflammatory process in the lungs, the veterinarian must listen to the dog.
If the dog coughs, wheezing, and show it to the veterinarian is not possible, begin treatment with a broad-spectrum antibiotic . In order not to disturb the intestinal microflora, you should additionally purchase a drug to normalize the microflora.
If the pet has a high temperature, do not give drugs based on paracetamol, they are harmful to the animal. If you do not know how to do injections, give Analgin's tablet, hiding it in a slice of treats.
Allergies in the pet
This condition can be caused by flowering plants, household items, woolen things, household chemicals, food products. Determining the source of the allergy yourself is quite difficult, but you can try. Try to clean in the room where the dog is, without chemicals.
Spend more time wet cleaning with warm water. The dishes should be washed daily, without using chemical detergents. If the litter in the pet is woolen, replace it with cotton. While walking the animal, avoid places where grasses and bushes bloom. If the source of allergy is detected in this way, protect the pet from it.
If the cause of dryness of the nose are natural phenomena (heat, wind, scorching sun rays), it is necessary to use cosmetics and try to protect the animal from the vicissitudes of the weather. For example, in the summer move the booth into the shadow of the trees.
In this case, it is necessary to give the pet first aid (stop bleeding, bandage the wound), then visit a veterinarian. If the nose is injured, do not use alcohol, zelenok, iodine - this can lead to a burn of the nasal mucosa.
Buying an animal home, it should be remembered that walking a pet on the street can result in the appearance of worms . Therefore, it is recommended to all owners of dogs to carry out preventive cleaning with special anthelmintic preparations.
If the dog has worms, it can suffer from diarrhea . In excrement, you can find worms of certain types. It is advisable to pass the test and begin anthelmintic treatment recommended by a specialist. Among the drugs used to treat helminthic invasions, you can name: Pirantel, Fenbendazol, Espirantel, Praxiquantel, Feabantel.
Treatment should be aimed at maintaining the internal strength of the animal. It is advisable to contact a vet clinic, because the disease is quite serious and can result in the death of the pet.
Read more: the plague in dogs: stages and methods of treatment .
When you should not worry
Not always dry and warm nose is an indicator of canine disease. If the dog behaves as usual, cheerful, playful, most likely, there is no cause for concern. Observe the animal, give it food, water.
Warm nose is not the main indicator, therefore it is impossible to react only to this symptom. Maybe the dog was tired, nervous, which caused warming of the nose and its dryness. A warm nose happens in puppies, nursing animals, just woken pets. If there are no other more serious symptoms, then there are no grounds for agitation either. I hope we answered the question: "Why does the dog have a dry nose?".