There is a widespread view that carry bags are an accessory for cats or small dogs, and then only occasionally needed. In fact, it is a very convenient device for animal transportation, which is often required for larger representatives. What kind of carrying bags for dogs exist, when there is a need in them and how to choose correctly?
In what cases do I need to carry a dog?
Bag-carrying is often, of course, used for small breeds of dogs. After all, they are often shy, and travel for them can be exciting. But for the transportation of medium-sized pets - spaniel , poodle, French bulldog and other dogs of similar dimensions, you can also use a carrying bag.
Carriers can perform the following functions:
- It is convenient to take your dog-companion literally everywhere, since it is more convenient than to carry in hands, and no discomfort to the surrounding doggie does not deliver.
- A good adaptation for dogs, who on a walk frolic so that they return back only on the master's pens.
- Visiting medical institutions is one of the most popular applications of bags for medium and tiny pets.
- Application for a physically defective pet - paralyzed partially or completely dogs require greater care than healthy pets. The most humane way to move or transport them is by using a carry.
- Trip - according to the established rules, the dog is in the cabin of an airplane, train, bus, when it does not pose a danger to people, that is, it is in a muzzle. Otherwise, pets are transported in the luggage department. Not every dog will wear a muzzle, and not every crumb the owners will agree to put in luggage. Therefore, in this case, a carry bag, which is an excellent option, both for the dog, for the owner and those around him, will help.
- The exhibition - when the pet was carefully prepared for the event, combed, laid, as the saying goes "hair to hair, wool to wool," the issue of careful transportation is very acute. And the carrying bag is the most successful option.
- Place for sleep - today you can buy a multifunctional carry, which can also serve as a pet house. At home the dog will rest in it, and outside - to move around. And for shy individuals "to go to an unknown destination" is much calmer in their own territory.
- Use for decorative dogs with weak nervous system - if the dog is shaking with fear at the sight of other four-legged, active children, people of a strange kind, if he starts to whimper badly and ask for help, it is better to immediately identify him in a bag and release only "on need".
There is one nuance: dogs, like people, have different kinds of phobias, and claustrophobia (fear of closed or close space) is not a rare condition.
Before you buy a carry, you should see how the pet behaves, placed in an ordinary bag or box, with the hole for the head made in it. If he is very worried, publishes all sorts of sounds - from whining to a loud howl , trying to rush, you should either give up buying or prepare to show all patience for a long time getting used to.
Varieties of carrying for dogs
First of all, you can find bags of various sizes on sale, but for the representatives of decorative rocks the assortment of models is much wider. If the owners of the dog monitor the fashion trends, then they have the opportunity to purchase a carry made in the form of branded handbags, equipped with branded logos. With such an accessory, decorated with rhinestones, fringed, lace and other relevant materials that do not have any functionality, it's not a shame to go out into the light.
For medium sized dogs, bags with a frame are produced. The main types include the following:
- Bag for carrying on the shoulder - looks like a carrying case like a normal handbag, but it has a hole in which the pet pokes its head. Equipped with a bag of lightning, there are enough short little bags for wearing a dog under the armpit. This model is not particularly comfortable, as the dog can not freely change position and there is no free air access if the dog is lying down. Among these, the most successful option is a model made on a beach type.
- The box is produced in two types - the frame and without it. The walls of the product are made of transparent materials, so that the animal has the opportunity to see what is happening around and get oxygen. Most often, the owners choose for their pets a carry-on, made as a travel bag, in the form of a soft cozy house, or a caged cage with special compartments for canine things. The last two options can serve as a full bed.
- Slings and ergonomic backpacks - all parents of young children dream of such an accessory, but today the manufacturers of accessories for animals have adopted this idea. In this case, the pet is always in the chest area of the owner, this area is considered as the safest place for children and small dogs. And the owner always has free hands and the correct distribution of the load on the spine. You can buy both an open model and a closed one. In the closed backpack the pet sits, and in the sling can take a lying posture. For the owner, the ergo-backpack is the most convenient, since its design has a lesser load on the back.
- "Trolley" - made in the form of a box on wheels. A good type for miniature and medium pets, constantly accompanying the owner. The downside is that the shy dog will not feel protected separately from the owner and seeing the constant flashing of someone's feet.
Read also: recommendations for choosing a toilet for a dog .
Before buying it is worth to evaluate all the pros and cons of adaptations, based on the needs, nature of the pet and their own preferences. If one travel option is better for travel, then for daily use it may not be the best option.
If there is a journey, then it is worth asking the transport company which devices can be used to transport the animal so that unforeseen difficulties do not arise afterwards. It is not necessary to take a bag from the owners of another animal for the test, the dogs have a very sharp scent and will feel someone else's smell, even after washing.
If the accessory has got from someone else's pet, it is necessary to wash it several times, in each case, drying it in the sun. Be sure to treat it from parasites, place your favorite pet toys there, the fabric on which the dog lay. So the dog will be easier to get used to the new thing for her. And it is necessary when choosing to think about the comfort of the pet, and not about the beauty of the device.