Owners of four-legged pets have a choice, than to feed them - natural food or ready-made dry food. And today people are increasingly inclined to the second option. Moreover, manufacturers produce a lot of production rations that meet the various needs of dogs. In the lines you can find food for animals suffering from allergies, intolerance to any components, etc. Is it worthwhile to feed your little friends with "drying"?
- Преимущества сухих кормов 1. Advantages of dry food
- Какие типы кормов бывают 2. What types of feed are
- Нюансы кормления сухими кормами 3. Nuances of feeding with dry food
- Рейтинг сухих кормов для мелких собак с ценами 4. Rating of dry food for small dogs with prices
- Отзывы о кормлении сухими видами кормов 5. Feedback on feeding with dry feeds
Advantages of dry food
Whoever, whatever he says, but denies the convenience of this kind of feeding does not make sense. Pour in a bowl of food - it is incomparably faster than cooking food, to cool and give a pet. And you need to do this every day. Dry food is an excellent road option, which will not spoil, as it does not require storage in the refrigerator.
The dog's diet includes certain components that are very difficult to calculate by combining different products. For example, under certain conditions a dog needs an increased amount of proteins, while in others - carbohydrates. With food, everything is simple - you just need to choose the right diet, with natural food - to revise the entire menu and make it up again.
Another nuance - when feeding ready-made food the pet will not need additional vitamin supplements, since all the producers of quality product include them in the composition. To the undisputed advantages it is possible to attribute the fact that the dog never get infected by parasites, eating dry food, but when feeding raw meat such a risk is always present. The same can be said about infectious agents.
What types of feed are
All ready-made rations are divided into several classes:
- economy class;
- regular (suitable for constant feeding);
- super-premium .
This classification is based on the quality of feed and raw materials from which it was made. The cheapest are the economy class food. According to experts, these diets are not very useful for dogs, and with regular use can lead to serious health problems of a four-legged friend.
The thing is that meat is not included in their composition, but only meat-and-bone meal and by-products are not of the highest quality. And then they are not the main components, and can constitute only a small part of the product. But in the composition it is possible to find in the first place cereals - corn, soybeans, wheat, which are not very suitable for feeding carnivores, to which the dogs are.
In addition, in order to "waste" have become attractive to pets, manufacturers include artificial additives such as flavors, flavor enhancers.
Experts recommend that owners of small pets look at high-class food - holistic, premium and super-premium, as they relate to products of higher quality and as close to a diet suitable for healthy dogs.
Holistica contain a high percentage of meat (up to 80%), and by-products in their manufacture are not used. As additives are included vegetable ingredients - vegetables, berries, herbs, fruits. The basis of such premium rations is high-quality meat, beef, veal, lamb and bird meat can be found. Meat part should be at least 50%. Also, the essential ingredients are cereals and chicken eggs.
All products are selected, based on the parameters of the dog - dimensions, age and health characteristics. Rations of this class do not contain by-products. Another advantage of premium feed is their economical consumption. Due to the balance, it was possible to reduce the portion sufficient for feeding.
As for premium rations, they include only the highest quality components. They include only pure meat, without cuts, heads, tails and other parts. Such food is as close as possible to the ideal canine ration. As a rule, they do not contain grain elements, preservatives, vegetable proteins, modified products, and therefore belong to the safest food.
Read also: how much dry food to give to the dog .
Nuances of feeding with dry food
Deciding to feed a pet with ready-made diets, it is recommended to consider some rules:
- It is necessary to choose food that suits the size, age and physiological characteristics of the pet. For example, for small breeds, the diet consists of small granules and includes all the necessary components.
- Producers point to the packaging of the dosage of food, which should be followed.
- Giving the dog food for the first time, it is worthwhile to see how his pet took it. If he has diarrhea, constipation, lacrimation and other signs, then this diet is not suitable for your pet.
- It is not recommended to change the feed grade if there are no good reasons for this. A full-fledged, balanced diet is what the pet needs, and frequent shifting can cause stress in the dog.
- It is important to provide the animal with constant access to fresh and clean water.
- In most cases, mixing food with natural food is not recommended.
Rating of dry food for small dogs with prices
Despite the great number of production feeds, there is a rating of the best quality rations suitable for feeding small pets:
- I place - food-holistic from Canadian producers - Asana. It is of high quality, suitable for pets of any age. It does not include preservatives and other chemical additives. According to numerous reviews of owners who fed their dogs with Akana, the quality of wool improved and the activity increased. The cost of the Akana bag varies from 3000 to 4000 rubles.
- II place - Artemis, produced in the USA. Like the previous product, it belongs to the holistic class. He earned his trust from the owners of pets who actively participate in public events - shows, exhibitions, competitions. Consists of natural ingredients and does not contain artificial additives. The cost of the bag Artemis varies from 3000 to 4000 rubles.
- III place - Sanidae, a high-grade food from the USA. Produced from natural meat and other quality products. In the line you can find a diet for pets of any size and age. The cost of the canada bag is from 3000 to 4000 rubles.
Having finished with the best feeds of a class-holistic, it is necessary to consider the best rations of super-premium class:
- IV place - Italian product Almo Natur of excellent quality, but inferior to holistic. Does not harm the health of the pet, but in the composition it is possible to detect unnatural components. The cost of Almo Natur is from 2500 to 3000 rubles.
- V place - Arden Grange from the English manufacturer. A lot of rations of this brand are produced, some are oriented to separate breeds. The Arden Grand cost is 3000-3500 rubles.
- VI place - 1stchoice - Canadian product. In the line there are rations for puppies, small dogs, elderly animals. The composition of the feed is very good. The cost of the bag Fest Choyce is 2500-3000 rubles.
Then the rating is closed with products that belong to the premium class. But the economy-class food in this rating does not fall at all, because they do not meet the requirements:
- VII place - ANF from the American manufacturer. It is distinguished by its average quality and is used as a feeding for dogs that are on natural food. Not very healthy dogs, it is often used as a food for dogs in shelters. The cost of ANF feed ranges from 2000 to 2500 rubles.
- VIII place - Happy Dog from the German manufacturer. A fairly common food, which is often found on the shelves. This is a cheap diet, however, having a good composition. It is used both for daily feeding and as a supplement for a natural diet. The cost of the Happy Dog bag is 1000 rubles.
- IX place - Royal Cane. There are three productions of this product - French, Polish and Russian. This diet, positioned as a premium, has not quite a quality composition. Specialists do not recommend using it for the constant feeding of the pet. The cost of Royal Canina is about 600-700 rubles.
- X place - Britpremium, a product of Czech manufacture. Among the above feeds, this one is of the lowest quality. Veterinarians warn that with the constant use of feed Brit Britia premium dogs can have health problems. The price of the product is overstated and ranges from 1,000 to 1,300 rubles.
Important: how to transfer the dog to dry food .
Feedback on feeding with dry feeds
Some owners, having tried every possible rations, have chosen the finished dry products of the highest quality.
Julia, St. Petersburg : We own two miniature pets - West Highland White Terrier and Chihuahua . It so happened that the first dog was a terrible allergy. For several years we methodically selected the right food, and among the multitude she was approached by Hills. It stopped, and we do not take any risks. But the chihuahua is fed by Akana, which is ideal for her. And among many of my friends this brand is trusted. So here everything is individual and even for problem dogs can pick up a dry diet.
Svetlana, Nizhny Novgorod : My malyavki eat ProFormance, I take one that is intended for puppies of small breeds. However, I have it and adult dogs, and offspring. To make it more profitable, I immediately order a bag of 15 kg and never disappointed. When they begin to eat with less enthusiasm, soak with water or kefir, the appetite returns. Between feeding, I treat my little favorites cheese, fresh vegetables, fruits, cottage cheese. Less common is beef, chicken, but this is more like an exception.
Alexandra, Moscow: We have a French girl, and at first we fed her natural food. Then there was a long selection of suitable food. We stopped at Royal Canin, as it has the most suitable composition for our breed, especially the combination of fats and proteins. After they began to feed him, the dog improved his health, got rid of problems with the gastrointestinal tract, rashes and bald spots and completely forgot. As a supplement, I give raw veal. So, I think, an indicator of the quality of feed is a healthy and cheerful pet.
Picking up food for your small pet, you need to take into account the quality of the purchased products, the characteristics of the breed and the individual characteristics of the pet.