If the house has a pet - a dog, then in addition to the joy is added and a lot of hassle. In addition to walking and feeding, owners need to take care of the appearance of the dog - haircut or plucking wool. Correctly processed dog has an attractive appearance, and, in addition, is protected from many problems with wool and skin. What kinds of dog haircuts exist, and what breeds can not do without this procedure?
- Особенности шерсти 1. Features of wool
- Различные техники подстригания собак 2. Various techniques for cutting dogs
- Уход за жесткой шерстью 3. Caring for tough wool
- Стрижки и щипка различных пород собак 4. Haircuts and pinching of different breeds of dogs
Features of wool
Whether a pet needs to be cut or pinched depends, to a large extent, on the quality of its wool. Dog representatives differ in wool type, and there are two classifications:
- on the stiffness of the wool cover - wool and pets with soft wool;
- whenever possible shedding - dogs that have seasonal molts and non-staining breeds.
Hence the question of caring for hair and haircuts. In addition, the requirements of the standard are important. Pets with soft hair need more frequent cuts, as their wool grows faster.
At the wire-haired dogs, their requirements are the obligatory plucking of dead hairs. There are also hygienic procedures that are absolutely necessary for all breeds.
Different techniques for cutting dogs
Not only in humans, but also in dogs there are model haircuts. Naturally, they depend on the breed and whether the dog participates in the exhibitions or not. In the latter case, a standard haircut with a slope to practicality is carried out. For example, poodles are made of a smaller mane (when it comes to "lion" haircut), as it requires complex care, and the width of the coat on the paws decreases - so they get less dirty. In this case, the cocks do not leave long "skirts" and "panties", facilitating the care of the pet. If the pet "show class" and should shine at exhibitions, then everything is done according to the standard.
Another type of haircut - hygienic, this type of care is necessary for all pets, regardless of the breed and the stiffness of the wool. The fur is removed on the muzzle (a beard, wool around the eyes is necessarily trimmed), the hairs on the paws between the fingers and pads are removed, in the genital area and the anus.
Specialists in the care of dogs - groom, equipped with a mass of tools and have different techniques to bring a dog of any breed in a proper way. They can use the following techniques:
- Clippervek - a short haircut, which is performed by a special typewriter. Can be carried out by the growth of the coat or against.
- Flatwack - leveling the wool along the length. This is a procedure that maintains a coat of the same length on the sections that are required by the standard. It is done in two ways - with scissors or a typewriter.
- Top note - haircut, which uses different accessories for hair - rubber bands, claws, bows. It is the final stage in the hairstyle of a long-haired pet. Not always it is only a decorative element, for example, for dogs with wool on their heads, longer than 10 cm or having bulging eyes, this procedure is mandatory.
- Blending - cutting hair with thinning scissors. Manipulation is the leveling (filing) of the border between the wool of different lengths. This procedure is final, gives the coat a neat appearance and makes it suitable for the requirements of the standard.
- Show-trim is a whole complex of procedures aimed at preparing a pet for exhibitions. It is carried out only by professional groomers, who know the standards of most breeds.
Care for tough hair
Non-thinning breeds of dogs with tough hair require trimming , which is not so much an aesthetic procedure as a hygienic one.
Representatives of these breeds have lost the possibility of self-molting, so owners should help the pet to get rid of dead hairs. You can do this yourself, using special tools, or turn to professional services.
Without trimming, the dog often gets irritated on the skin, disturbing the pet. Yes, and before the dog shows, without properly treated hair, will not be allowed, as the standard indicates the mandatory trimming of the rough-haired breeds.
In no case can not shear wool instead of trimming, it will change its structure, make it soft, not appropriate for the breed. With timely processing, the procedure will be required at least once every six months. In this case, the wool will have a healthy and well-groomed appearance.
If the owners decide to carry out the trimming independently, they should know that this is a rather labor-consuming and lengthy process. You can carry out the procedure manually, or by using a special knife. In the second case it is necessary to master the technique of handling the instrument. Of course, if a pet is to participate in an exhibition, it is better to contact a specialist.
Grumers use the following techniques for the removal of dead wool:
- Stripping - (pinch knife) - a mechanical process for changing wool, it is also called "artificial molt." Promotes the renewal of the coat of the pet. After careful combing, the master performs movement-jerking with a knife-stripping along the course of hair growth, and in no case against wool. A bunch of wool is pressed with a thumb to the sharp part of the knife, which is clamped in the palm of your hand, and then a short short movement is made. If everything is done correctly, the pet will not feel pain or discomfort.
- Planking is a more labor-intensive manual method. The pin is made with two fingers - the index finger and the big one.
To make sure that the dog needs a trimming, it is enough to grab a bunch of wool with your fingers and pull on yourself. If the wool has remained in the hands without special pressure, then the dog needs plucking out dead wool.
Read more about grooming .
Haircuts and pinching of different breeds of dogs
The more effective the dog's hair, the more difficult it is to leave, as the saying goes, "beauty requires sacrifice." But here there are no victims, it is enough to conduct special procedures and observe the scope of the standard.
Special requirements are for the following breeds:
- Cocker Spaniel . There are two varieties of haircuts - complete and partial (hygienic). Given that this breed very quickly grows hair on the pads of the paws, in the area of the tail and ears, then hygienic haircut or tweaking is required every 2-3 weeks. If you do not pinch hairs on these areas, they can cause irritation of the skin. In addition, that the pet will suffer, so also the appearance of the Cocker will be untidy and neglected. Hygienic treatment of wool Cocker Spaniels should be carried out already from 2 months of age. For spaniels there are no special haircuts, there are techniques for processing individual parts of the trunk - cutting the head, extremities, neck and tail.
- Griffin . An original and not very common breed. There are two types of griffins - wire-haired, not very long, but rigid, wire-like hair, and dogs with a smooth, straight, body-adjacent coat. In wire-haired griffins there is a muzzle design with sideburns, a beard, eyebrows and a pronounced mustache. In dogs with smooth hair, there is a need for frequent haircuts, as their hair quickly grows. Wire-haired griffins need regular plucking of dead hairs.
- Poodle is an ideal choice for people with wool allergy, as this breed does not shed its own and does not have an undercoat. Puppies do not cut, but adult poodles need regular pruning several times a year. Grooming a poodle is not only a beautiful appearance or a tribute to fashion. Short processing of the limbs provides the dog with ease of movement on land and in water. The mane on his chest - protection of the pet from hypothermia, pompom at the tip of the tail - does not allow injections of spiny plants.
- Pekingese . Dogs, whose hair grows at an incredible speed, so the pet must be cut with a special machine designed for dense coat, every 1-2 months. Of course, this is not only the maintenance of a spectacular appearance, but also the prevention of stalling the wool into coils, alleviating the condition of the pet during the heat, and avoiding the problems of walking during the rainy and humid periods. There are several types of haircutting of Pekingese, but most often the classic model is used - careful muzzle cutting, left long hair in the ears, the same length of coat on the limbs, in the abdomen and back, and the tail is fluffy.
This is not the whole list of breeds that require special care. Before you buy a pet that needs regular procedures with wool, it is worthwhile to evaluate your strengths and capabilities. Owners have a choice - to master the cutting techniques and tweaks themselves, or to address groomers.
Beautiful and accurate should be any dog, regardless of whether it participates in exhibitions, or not.