Often animals become heroes of films or cartoons. The children's musical film “The Adventures of Electronics. Ressi - dog from the film "Electronic" won the hearts of boys and girls. It is not surprising that many viewers are interested in the breed of a four-legged boy-robot companion.
The story of Ressy
The breed of this dog is an Airedale. Few people know that the screenplay of the film was based on Evgeny Veltistov's fantastic stories, one of which was called “Ressi - the Elusive Friend”. The name of the toy dog genius of the super-robot Electronics, turned into a robot dog - is an abbreviation that stands for Rare Electronic Perfect Dog And so on (Ressie). Why did the director choose an Airedale Terrier for the role of an electronic miracle?
There are several versions:
- In the 70s (the film was shot in 1979) in Russia, the Airedale became a very popular breed among dog breeders.
- The director's assistants found only this dog in the toy store.
- The director was so captivated by the intelligence, sense of duty, artistic data and intelligence of the shaggy artist found for the role of Ressie that other members of the breeds did not even want to try the role.
The film starred airedale terrier nicknamed Genghis. He was helped to cope with the responsible role of the trainer L. Ostretsova.
Due to the natural intelligence, endurance, ability to make decisions in changing conditions, fearlessness and strength inherent in the breed, the Airedale Terrier Chingiz brilliantly coped with the role, and after the end of filming "Electronics" was invited to another film "The Life and Adventures of Four Friends." In a touching film, the Airedale has starred as Bubrik.
Watch an excerpt from the film "Electronic" with a dog:
Interesting facts about the Airedale
The most interesting facts related to the Airedale Terrier - the king among terriers:
- The breed appeared in response to the need of hunters for a dog that could swim perfectly, hunt in water and on the ground, dig the ground, drive out burrows and run fast. Airedale Terrier fully meets all the requirements of the universal hunter.
- Endurance. This feature of the Erdel is painted colorfully by June Dutcher and Janet Johnson Framke in the New Book on the Airedale Terrier. The dogs drove the water rats into the water and starved the otter familiar to the water element, swimming around it, and sometimes diving after the prey, until it was exhausted.
- Fearlessness. In the book "The Hunt" (1760), Daniel describes how the Airedale Terrier alone copes with a badger or a wild cat. He penetrates the dark hole to the fox, tearing it apart or pulling it out. The dog boldly enters into a fight even with several opponents, agility and speed forcing them to surrender.
- Friendliness and contact. Erdels get on well with children and adults. Even an adult dog quickly gets used to a new family and home.
- Independence in decision making. During the competition, popular in the XIX century. in Northern England, the Airedale should work on both sides of the water barrier, and since this made management difficult, the dog had to learn how to make decisions instantly.
- Mental stability. Erdels are not afraid of loud, harsh sounds, flashes, therefore they were often used as “friend” dogs. During the wars, the Airedale served as nurses, signalmen, miners, demolition men. These brave warriors won the title of "tank destroyers", as they bravely threw themselves under the tracks and dumped their deadly cargo there.
- Great sense of smell. Airedale Terriers are used in exploration batches to search for ore deposits, which they smell at a depth of 7-12 meters.
- Devotion to duty. The Airedale, Joe, who belonged to the colonel of the English army of Richardson, at the cost of his life saved an entire battalion. The seriously injured dog brought an important report to headquarters and died, handing the package. This feat was accomplished by Erdel Kashtanka, who was wounded in the head and two weeks after that she maintained contact with the reserve until she died near Narofominsk, and Erdel Frya, who went 33 times with a report. The last time a mortally wounded dog delivered a package and died of shrapnel wounds to the head.
- In Ukraine (p. Legedzino) a monument was erected, perpetuating the deadly hand-to-hand fight of 150 border dogs and a regiment of German soldiers. Among the brave companions of the border guards were 19 Airedale Terriers.
Thanks to these qualities, the Airedale not only won admirers among writers, artists, politicians, but also the hearts of viewers who saw the good film “The Adventures of Electronics”.