Siberian Husky - a dog with a unique beautiful appearance, which is a dream of many dog lovers. However, people do not always take into account the peculiarities of this breed, having started such a four-legged friend. Handsome, charming, not malicious, but ... He will not be a guard or a hunter, and his activity requires a special approach. What should the future owners know about the husky?
- История породы 1. History of the breed
- Описание породы сибирский хаски 2. Description of the breed Siberian Husky
- Характер представителей породы 3. Nature of the breed
- Особенности воспитания и дрессуры 4. Peculiarities of upbringing and dressing
- Как ухаживать за хаски 5. How to care for husky
- Особенности кормления хаски 6. Features of feeding Husky
- Фото сибирского хаски 7. Photos of the Siberian Husky
- Видео о сибирском хаски 8. Video about the Siberian Husky
- Сколько стоит щенок хаски 9. How much does a Husky puppy cost?
- Питомники сибирского хаски 10. Siberian Husky Catteries
History of the breed
According to research data, Siberian husky refers to one and a half dozen of the most ancient canine breeds, whose genes are as close as possible to the genotype of wild wolves. These sled dogs were once long removed by aboriginal tribes of the Far North.
They began to be used by Russian researchers and fur hunters, hiring local hunters and dog sleds. At the time of the Gold Rush, the hardy husky interested the people of North America. Then they began to be exported from the territory of the Russian Far East.
In the early 20th century, Alaska was actively breeding the breed for racing. But on the territory of Siberia, sled dogs were considered unpromising and removed from the breed register. Official recognition of the Siberian husky was obtained in the United States, here the first standard qualities were created and approved.
Description of breed Siberian Husky
Representatives of the breed are very harmoniously composed, they have developed musculature and are distinguished by high endurance. The growth of dogs at the withers can reach 60 cm, and the males are larger in size. Weight yat husky from 16 to 27 kg.
The standard defines such external data:
- The head is of medium size, proportional to the body, from the occipital region to the eyes narrows. The muzzle is approximately the same length as the skull, ending in a large lobe. The color of the lobe depends on the color of the coat. The standard allows the presence of veins of a pink shade - such a nose is called a snowy one.
- The dog of this breed has almond-shaped, elongated eyes with a kaye or a blue iris. Ears are small, triangular in shape, planted closely.
- Lips fit well, teeth large, white, jaw with scissor bite.
- The chest is of medium width, but differs in strength and depth. The tail is like a fox, when the dog is calm, it hangs down, when the dog shows interest, has fun - arches in the form of a sickle. In this case, he should not fall sideways or lie on his back.
- Medium wool , straight hair, soft, with a dense undercoat. During periods of the line, the undercoat may be absent.
All of the above refers to the standard characteristics and most of them are seen in puppies from an early age. Therefore, to choose a good husky is not difficult, if you know what to look for.
Despite the fact that most often there are certain colors of dogs, in fact there are about two dozen:
- With white wool - the rarest, but the most desirable color, as such puppies in the litter are found infrequently. Usually they belong to the show class or racing families. These dogs are not only white wool, but also the same undercoat.
- With gray-white - a common type with a gray coat and a pale or cream undercoat.
- Silver-white dogs - the standard allows only cold tones undercoat - silver or white.
- Chocolate (copper) wool - do not confuse with red, because in this case it differs in depth and saturation.
- Red color - a little lighter than copper, pigmentation - brown shade.
- Pale color - wool of pastel tones without reddish - from pale to light cream shades.
- With wolf-gray - if rare it can not be called, then certainly it is the most spectacular, because it gives the dog a certain similarity with wild ancestors. The main color is warm gray tones with pale, tarnished or yellowish patches.
- With sable - a rare variety of wool with an undercoat, casting copper, tan or red. The tips of the hairs are colored in gray or black tones.
- Aguti - in most cases, such dogs refer to working or racing lines. Color can accommodate any shades of gray-black palette, it can be gradient - naturally, within the palette. On the extremities a ryzhanka is allowed. The end of the tail is black. Also, the representatives of the breed have a dark mask with a red claw or gray, which makes the muzzle very expressive.
- With a pie - spotted dogs with white hair, on which are located spots of rounded shape - the size and color can be different. According to the standard, spots should occupy not more than a third of the entire surface
- Marble - like Dalmatians, because their hair is chaotic in order scattered black or gray spots.
- Splash coat - the main tone is white, but on its background there is necessarily a dark or bright cloak, sometimes there is a "cap". In addition, pets of this suit have a light collar.
- Cheprachnye. Unlike the other suits, they have a "saddle", painted in a darker color.
- With Isabella color - a rare species, from white suits it is distinguished by the presence of a weak fawn or rusty shade of the outer hair.
- Black wool - the "Siberians" is extremely rare. The standard allows for small white specks in the muzzle, limbs and tail area.
- Classics - a dog with black and white hair - these two contrasting colors are usually present in a 1: 1 ratio, so the undercoat can be light or dark.
Nature of the breed
Dogs of this breed are quite friendly and friendly pets. They are very fond of the family, but usually they choose only one as the owner - the dog will fully obey him. If a security guard is needed, then the husky does not fit - he shows caution, but does not possess the qualities necessary for the guard dog. He may not understand why one should bark at a man who has come.
Husks for a long time were kept in the team as sled dogs, so they get on well with their relatives and can even share food with other dogs. But other animals for the husky are prey, they can get along, for example, with cats, only if they grow with them. From the wild ancestors, their character has preserved an irrepressible love of freedom, but they are very calm and affectionate.
If you do not engage in the education of a dog, then it will be very stubborn, so it is necessary to teach the puppy from the first days of the appearance in the house. Husks rarely bark and appreciate the silence. And when they are happy, you can catch a quiet rumbling.
Read also: how to name the husky boy and girl .
Features of upbringing and dressing
Husky - working dogs with a well-developed sense of collectivism. If the leader had to independently determine the direction of the movement, then the rest had other tasks - to run, not slowing down and not losing the rhythm. The one who got out of the team was punished with a pack. This determines the behavior of dogs - they work with full impact, evaluate the activities of others and independently seek ways out.
In the education of a pet, strictness and consistency are needed, otherwise the "spoiled" dog will be uncontrollable. He can pretend that he does not hear or understands the command, if only once to give the slack. Husks are capable of obeying, but for this a strong river is needed, otherwise he will gladly take the role of the leader of the pack for himself, and then the decision will be made not by the owner, but by the dog himself.
Dogs of this breed can not frighten a little, therefore physical influence will not give expected result - the dog will not obey unquestioningly. Huskies are able to adopt the habits of other dogs, so a positive example can well help in the upbringing. But to try to make a service dog out of the sled is not worth it, he will only learn how to copy the behavior, but without innate qualities it will be useless.
Punishment in training should be present, but, not causing pain, but subordinating the pet. It can be the use of strict voice, inflexibility. You can also act as the leader of a pack - press the head of a defiant pet to the ground and hold it until the dog stops resisting. This is usually enough for the dog to appreciate the advantages of the owner and accept him as a leader.
To consolidate the result, you can complicate your workouts by adding long runs to exhaustion and practicing at height - with ups and downs. Dogs appreciate the encouragement - delicious, praise, affection, but they should receive them only by merit.
How to care for husky
The owner of the husky is an active person, who loves long walks. Otherwise, this breed just does not fit and it is worth buying someone quieter. Loaded pet can harm and in large. In this case, shoes, furniture and other animals may suffer. Dogs of this breed molt, but it happens standardly - in the spring and in the autumn. In order to save the house from wool during this period, it is necessary to comb the daily pet. The rest of the time, 1-2 procedures per week are enough.
If the dog is kept on the street, here it can be much more comfortable than in the house. The pet feels free, does not feel cold or bored. Do not worry if the dog sleeps more often in the snow than in a well-arranged booth. It is in him that his northern blood speaks.
Husks are very strong and inventive. Therefore, quite often they go on independent walks. It is worth taking care that the dog does not undermine or mend the net. Rabinets for the enclosure will not work, as it is too thin. The material should be more durable. And if the floor is earthy, then it is better to strengthen the area adjacent to the fence.
The dog is not afraid of frost, but it is better to protect the victim from the rain and sun by building a canopy. It is worth noting that even an open-air dog needs regular long walks.
Read also :
Features of Husky Feeding
Owners have a choice, to feed the pet with natural food or with industrial diets. However, it is worth considering that cheap food is not for Husky - they contain a large amount of raw starch, which the body does not tolerate very well. In the range of feeds, one should choose one that is suitable for dogs with high activity - it contains more protein and polyunsaturated fats, which are necessary for moving dogs. Sometimes you can give the pet a moist feed of the same producer.
As for feeding natural products, it is very important to create a balanced menu containing useful components:
- The basis of the diet - meat, it should be at least half of the entire diet. Dogs are best fed beef, you can give a turkey, a rabbit. But with a chicken should be more careful - it can cause allergies. It is not recommended to give lamb and pork to a pet. The most useful is a raw product or boiled water.
- Fish is a natural food for the husky, but it's worth taking care that the dog does not choke with bones and does not get infected with parasites. Therefore, it is better to boil sea fish and remove the bones.
- Eggs - a boiled egg can be mixed with vegetables or porridges, enough one or two pieces per week. You can give raw yolk to the yolk.
- Dairy products - milk is given only to puppies, in adults it can cause indigestion or diarrhea. The dogs are recommended kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese.
- Cereals - rice, buckwheat, oat porridge should be present daily in the ration of the animal.
- Vegetables (except potatoes and legumes) - they are given raw, boiled, steamed. You can also add fresh greens.
- Vegetable oils are good for dogs, so they should be filled with vegetables and cereals. Suitable for almost any oil, you can also give fish oil.
In winter, the portion of the animal kept on the street must be increased. Vitamin supplements are given to dogs that eat natural food. But give them better on the advice of a veterinarian.
Photos of Siberian Husky
Video about Siberian Husky
How much does a Husky puppy cost?
Representatives of this breed are very popular, and people are willing to pay decent money for beautiful pets. Therefore, the price of puppies can be very high. You can buy a puppy without a pedigree from your hands for 7000-10000 rubles.
A puppy with the pedigree of the RKF, corresponding to the standard, whose parents do not have high exhibition ratings, costs about 20,000-40000 rubles. But if it turns out to be promising, then its price can be an order of magnitude higher.
If you need a show-class pet, you will have to pay much more, in this case the cost of a puppy can reach 100,000-12,000 rubles. Also, the increase may be due to the right of first choice - when the future owner chooses the first dog from the litter.
Siberian Husky - freedom-loving handsome, in need of a special approach. It is a dog for active, purposeful and kind people, capable of giving the puppy proper attention and not trying to go against the natural inclination of the animal.