Siberian Husky - a dog with a unique beautiful appearance, which is the dream of many dog lovers. However, people do not always take into account the characteristics of this breed, having such a four-legged friend. Beautiful, charming, not angry, but ... He will not be a guard or a hunter, and his activity requires a special approach. What should future owners know about huskies?
- История породы 1. Breed history
- Описание породы сибирский хаски 2. Description of the Siberian Husky breed
- Характер представителей породы 3. The nature of the breed
- Особенности воспитания и дрессуры 4. Features of education and training
- Как ухаживать за хаски 5. How to care for huskies
- Особенности кормления хаски 6. Features feeding Huskies
- Фото сибирского хаски 7. Photo Siberian Husky
- Видео о сибирском хаски 8. Video about Siberian Husky
- Сколько стоит щенок хаски 9. How much does a husky puppy cost?
- Питомники сибирского хаски 10. Siberian Husky Kennels
According to research data, Siberian Huskies belong to a dozen and a half of the most ancient dog breeds, whose genes are as close as possible to the genotype of wild wolves. These sled dogs were once bred by the indigenous peoples of the Far North.
They began to be used by Russian researchers and fur hunters, hiring local hunters and dog teams. At the time of the Gold Rush, hardy huskies interested the people of North America. Then they began to export from the territory of the Russian Far East.
At the beginning of the 20th century in Alaska, the breed was actively bred to participate in races. But on the territory of Siberia sled dogs were considered unpromising and removed from the breed registry. Siberian Huskies received official recognition in the United States, and the first standard qualities were created and approved here.
Description of Siberian Husky
Representatives of the breed are very harmoniously folded, they have developed muscles and are distinguished by high endurance. The height of the dogs at the withers can reach 60 cm, and the dogs are distinguished by larger dimensions. Weight Yat Husky from 16 to 27 kg.
The standard defines the following external data:
- The head is of medium size, proportional to the body, tapers from the occipital region to the eyes. The muzzle is approximately the same length as the skull, ending in a large lobe. The color of the lobe depends on the coat color. The standard allows for the presence of streaks of a pink shade - such a nose is called a snowy nose.
- A dog of this breed has almond-shaped, elongated eyes with hazel or blue iris. The ears are small, triangular in shape, set close.
- The lips fit well, the teeth are large, white, the jaw with a scissor bite.
- The chest is of medium width, but differs in strength and depth. The tail is like a fox, when the dog is calm, it hangs down, and when the dog is interested, having fun, it bends as a sickle. However, he should not fall to the side or lie on his back.
- The hair is medium, the hair is straight, soft, with a dense undercoat. During periods of the molt, the undercoat may be absent.
All of the above refers to the standard characteristics and most of them are visible in puppies from a very early age. Therefore, choosing a good husky is not difficult if you know what to look for.
Despite the fact that most often there are certain colors of dogs, in fact there are about two dozen:
- With a white coat - the rarest, but the most desirable color, since such puppies in the litter are rarely found. Usually they belong to the show class or racing families. These dogs have not only white wool, but also the same undercoat.
- With a gray-white - a common type with a gray coat and a fawn or cream undercoat.
- Silver-white dogs - the standard allows only cold tones of the undercoat - silver or white.
- Chocolate (copper) wool is not to be confused with red, as in this case it is different in depth and saturation.
- The red color is slightly lighter than the copper one, the pigmentation is brown.
- Fawn color - wool pastel tones without red - from pale yellow to light cream shades.
- With wolf sulfur - if you don’t call it rare, then it’s certainly the most effective, because it gives the dog a certain resemblance to wild ancestors. The main color is warm gray tones with fawn, burnt or yellowish patches.
- With sable - the rarest variety of wool with undercoat, cast in copper, tan or reddish. The tips of the hairs are colored gray or black.
- Agouti - in most cases, these dogs belong to the working or racing lines. The color contains any shades of gray-black palette, it can be gradient - of course, within the palette. On the limbs allowed redhead. The end of the tail is black. Also representatives of the breed have a dark mask with red specks or gray, which makes the face very expressive.
- Pinto - spotted dogs with white wool, on which round-shaped spots are located - the size and color may be different. According to the standard, spots should occupy no more than one third of the entire surface.
- Marble is similar to Dalmatians, since black or gray specks are scattered on their wool in a chaotic manner.
- Splash koat - the basic tone is white, but there is always a dark or bright cloak on its background, sometimes there is a “cap”. In addition, the pets of this suit have a light collar.
- Black. Unlike other stripes, they have a “saddle”, painted in a darker color.
- With isabella color, it is a rare species, it is distinguished from a white suit by the presence of a weak pale-yellow or reddish shade of the guard hair.
- Black wool - in "Siberians" is extremely rare. The standard allows for small white specks in the area of the muzzle, limbs and tail.
- Classic - dog with black and white coat - these two contrasting colors are usually present in a 1: 1 ratio, so the undercoat can be light or dark.
The nature of the breed
The dogs of this breed are quite friendly and benevolent pets. They love the family very much, but usually they choose only one as the owner - the dog will fully obey him. If you need a guard, then the Husky will not work - he is careful, but does not have the necessary qualities for a guard dog. He may not understand why you need to bark at the person who came.
Huskies were kept for a long time in the team as sled dogs, so they get along well with their relatives and can even share food with other dogs. But other animals for huskies - prey, they can get along, for example, with cats, only if they grow with them. From the wild ancestors in their character remained irrepressible love of freedom, but at the same time they are very calm and affectionate.
If you do not educate the dog, it will be very stubborn, so you should train the puppy from the first days of appearance in the house. Huskies rarely bark and appreciate silence very much. And when they are satisfied, you can catch a quiet rumbling.
See also: how to call the Husky boy and girl .
Features of education and dressure
Huskies are working dogs with a well-developed sense of collectivism. If the leader had to independently determine the direction of movement, then the others had other tasks - to run, without slowing down and not losing rhythm. The one who was knocked out of a team - was punished by the pack. This determines the nature of the behavior of dogs - they work with full dedication, assess the activities of others and independently look for ways out.
In raising a pet you need rigor and consistency, otherwise a “spoiled” dog will be out of control. He can pretend that he does not hear or does not understand the command, if at least once to give up the slack. Husky are able to obey, but for this you need a strong river, otherwise he will gladly take on the role of the pack leader, and here the decision will be made not by the owner, but by the dog itself.
There is very little that can scare dogs of this breed, so physical impact will not give the expected result - the dog will not obey without question. Huskies are able to adopt the habits of other dogs, so a positive example can be a good help in education. But you should not try to make a rideable dog out of a service dog, it will only learn to copy behavior, but without innate qualities it will be useless.
Punishment in training should be present, but not hurting, and subordinating the pet. This may be the use of strict voice, intransigence. You can also act as the leader of the pack - squeeze the head of the recalcitrant pet to the ground and hold it until the dog stops resisting. This is usually enough for the dog to appreciate the advantages of the host and accept him as a leader.
To consolidate the result, you can complicate workouts by adding long runs to exhaustion and classes at height - with ups and downs. Dogs appreciate the encouragement - sweets, praise, affection, but they should receive them only according to merit.
How to care for huskies
The owner of a husky is an active person who loves long walks. Otherwise, this breed is definitely not suitable and you should get someone calmer. A sad pet can also do great damage. In this case, shoes, furniture and other animals may be affected. Dogs of this breed molt, but it happens as standard - in spring and autumn. To rid the house of wool during this period, you need to comb your pet every day. The rest of the time 1-2 treatments per week is enough.
If the dog is kept on the street, here it can be much more comfortable than in the house. Pet feels at ease, does not freeze and does not get bored. You should not worry if the dog sleeps more often in the snow than in a comfortable booth. That is what his northern blood says.
Huskies are very strong and inventive. Therefore, quite often go on independent walks. It is necessary to take care that the dog did not dig or dig the grid. A rabbi for an open-air cage is not suitable, as it is too thin. The material should be more durable. And if the floor is earthen, it is better to strengthen the area adjacent to the fence.
The dog is not afraid of the frost, but it is better to protect the pet from precipitation and the sun by building a shed. It is worth noting that even a captive dog needs regular long walking.
See also :
Features feeding Huskies
The owners have the choice to feed the pet with natural food or industrial rations. However, it is worth considering that cheap food is not for huskies - they contain a large amount of raw starch, which the dogs do not tolerate well. In the line of food you should choose the one that is suitable for dogs with high activity - it contains more protein and polyunsaturated fats needed for mobile dogs. Sometimes you can give your pet wet food from the same manufacturer.
As for feeding with natural products, it is very important to create a balanced menu that contains useful ingredients:
- The basis of the diet - meat, it should be at least half of the entire diet. Dogs are best fed beef, you can give a turkey, rabbit. But with chicken is to be careful - it can cause allergies. It is not recommended to give lamb and pork to a pet. The most useful is raw product or scalded with boiling water.
- Fish is a natural food for huskies, but it is worth taking care that the dog does not choke with bones and does not become infected with parasites. Therefore, it is better to boil sea fish and remove the bones.
- Eggs - boiled egg can be mixed with vegetables or cereals, one or two pieces per week is enough. Raw yolk can be given.
- Dairy products - milk is given only to puppies, in adults it can cause indigestion or diarrhea. Psam recommended kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese.
- Cereals - rice, buckwheat, oatmeal should be present daily in the diet of the animal.
- Vegetables (except potatoes and legumes) - they are given raw, boiled, steamed. You can also add fresh greens.
- Vegetable oils are useful for dogs, so they should be filled with vegetables, cereals. Practically any oil will do; you can also give fish oil.
In winter, the portion of the animal contained on the street, you need to increase. Vitamin supplements are given to dogs that eat natural food. But it is better to give them on the recommendation of a veterinarian.
Photo Siberian Husky
Siberian Husky Video
How much is a husky puppy
Representatives of this breed are very popular, and people are willing to pay decent money for beautiful pets. Therefore, the price of puppies can be very high. You can buy a puppy without pedigree for 7000-10000 rubles.
A puppy with a pedigree of RKF, the corresponding standard, whose parents do not have high exhibition ratings, costs about 20000-40000 rubles. But if it turns out to be promising, then its price may be much higher.
If you need a pet show class - you have to pay much more, in this case, the cost of a puppy can reach 100000-120000 rubles. Also a raise can be connected in the right of first choice - when the future owner chooses the dog from the litter first.
Siberian Huskies - freedom-loving, handsome, in need of a special approach. This is a dog for active, purposeful and kind people who are able to give the pet proper attention and who do not try to go against the natural inclination of the animal.