Our four-legged friends need regular care and care - certain nutrition, vaccination , the selection of individual aids. The latter is important, because dogs have very delicate skin, which requires a special approach. What kind of shampoos can be used for a dog, and what to orient in choosing the right remedy?
- Почему нельзя мыть собак шампунем для людей 1. Why can not I wash dogs with shampoo for people?
- Какой шампунь для собаки выбрать 2. What kind of shampoo for a dog to choose
- С какими добавками покупать шампунь для собаки 3. With what additives to buy shampoo for a dog
- Какой шампунь использовать перед выставкой 4. What shampoo should I use before the exhibition?
- Моем сухим шампунем для собак и спреем 5. My dry shampoo for dogs and spray
- Шампуни для собак с лечебным действием 6. Shampoos for dogs with therapeutic effect
Why you can not wash dogs with shampoo for people
Probably one of the first questions asked by dog owners: "Is it possible to wash the dog with human shampoo?".
The thing is that a person can take a bath and visit the shower as much as he wants. But the pets in this plan were less fortunate. Their skin is too soft, and the impact of chemical elements, somehow contained in detergents, can adversely affect the condition of the skin and coat, cause dermatitis , an allergic reaction, or provoke the appearance of dandruff .
That's why you should not use shampoos for people in caring for a dog, but rather buy special, softer and more gentle means for dogs.
Which shampoo for a dog to choose
It all depends on what you need:
- Shampoos are produced for different types of wool, or for a certain breed. This is very important, since improper selection can not only not improve the appearance of the wool, but also harm.
- Not always a pet needs a normal shampoo, sometimes the condition of the coat and skin requires medical care.
- It is better to give preference to means with a low content of fragrances and various additives. The more natural the product, the better for the animal.
- Usually a good shampoo for a dog is more expensive than a remedy for people, but a pet takes baths seldom, which means it will last long.
- Even if after one washing it was not possible to get an instant result, do not switch to another tool. It should be used several times, and only then assess the condition of the pet's coat.
- You should read all the information on the label, as often the funds have certain specific features.
- In most cases, a quality shampoo affects the condition of the coat after three to four uses. In this case, the wool will remain fresh and clean until four to five weeks, will not get tangled and roll over. The fragrance will also persist for a long time, and the wool will shine.
If the dog suffers from allergies, it is not necessary to conduct experiments on the choice of a hypoallergenic therapeutic agent. It is better to go to the veterinarian and find out the reason for such a reaction.
With what additives to buy a shampoo for a dog
Dogs, like humans, have different types of skin, they can have dandruff. All this should underlie the choice of detergents for dogs. Different components of the tools can eliminate these or other problems:
- When dry hair and dandruff is better to choose a shampoo with moisturizing effect, which includes medicinal herbs.
- For dry skin, an oat extract is excellent.
- If the pet has skin with increased sensitivity, and it often suffers from allergic manifestations, it is possible to purchase shampoo with aloe vera in the composition.
- Lidocaine and hydrocortisone are the components of shampoo, able to eliminate the main manifestations of allergy - puffiness and itching sensations.
- Dandruff can occur on the background of eczema or seborrhea, these same conditions are accompanied by increased fat loss. In this case, a tool with coal tar will help.
- An effective antiseptic is tea tree oil or an extract of this plant, so when problems with the skin is better to choose a shampoo with this component.
- If the coat lacks silky and shine, in this case, detergent with proteins and panthenol will help.
What shampoo to use before the exhibition?
An exhibition of any level is an important event for both the animal and its owner. And of course, it requires some preparation.
Of course, it is best to visit the dog salon to bring the pet in the proper form before such an important event. But if the wool is fine and you just need to refresh it, you can buy a pet using professional tools. The most famous brands from them:
- Chris Christensen (USA).
- Vellus (USA).
- Milord (Italy).
- Isle of Dogs (USA) - a wide range of products for problem skin and wool.
- Pure Pows (USA) - have won their trust, as they use only natural ingredients.
Most of the funds of this level are extremely gentle, without affecting the fat layer of the skin.
Sometimes owners use pre-shade shampoos before the show - a great way to make your pet's fur brighter, more saturated. But this remedy can be used only in exceptional cases, in ordinary life it is better to use usual waste shampoos.
My dry shampoo for dogs and spray
One of the interesting inventions is dry shampoos and sprays. And they were invented not only for people, but also for dog representatives. In both cases, this is not a full replacement bathing, but only a way to quickly solve the problem of cleanliness in an unsuitable place for a bath and time.
If a dog gets dirty on the road, it vomited when it was rocking, or there was another similar situation, and ahead of the competition or exhibition - in which case such interesting means will come in handy. They can also be used to care for a sick pet, a pregnant, feeding bitch, small puppies - these are those categories of dogs that can not be bathed, but they are not insured against pollution. They themselves are saved by the owners of large street and aviary dogs, which are very difficult to wash in the winter.
The minus of dry means is that they can not be used constantly, since it can not only damage the condition of the coat, but also disrupt the activity of the sebaceous glands.
The advantages are that you do not need to have the experience to use them. The powder is applied to the wool (you need to try to cover the dirtiest areas), then carefully rubbed, ideally the smallest particles should penetrate to the skin. After wool pet must be carefully combed .
Thus, apply a dry shampoo for dogs, but there are also shampoo sprays, which are sprayed from the can. The components of the product have an absorbing effect, absorb excess sebum, particles of dust and dirt. If the powder is combed, the remnants of the spray are removed with a towel.
Before using such tools, you need to know a number of subtleties and nuances:
- In pets with black and dark brown hair, a powder shampoo can leave noticeable spots;
- If you do not completely comb out the parts of the funds, the stains can remain on the furniture and objects to which the dog touches.
- There is a risk of poisoning if the dog licks itself.
The latter can be avoided if you prepare your own dry shampoo from harmless ingredients - flour (wheat, corn or oatmeal) and potato starch.
You should know that such cleaning will not give a lasting effect. In addition, completely remove the particles of the product from the wool with a brush or a towel will not succeed. After a while, it begins, on the contrary, to attract dust and dirt to itself. That is why at the first opportunity the dog needs to be redeemed with a traditional liquid shampoo.
Shampoos for dogs with healing effect
In addition to conventional care products, there are a number of special shampoos that have the ability to eliminate these or other problems:
- Antiparasitic shampoos - can save the pet from such troubles as ticks ( subcutaneous and ear ) and fleas .
- Healing shampoos with emollient action - rescue for pets, suffering from peeling and degreasing of the skin.
- Means with an anti-allergic effect - relieve the symptoms of the disease, reducing irritation and itching, also suitable for dogs with excessively sensitive skin.
- If the pet has wounds, abrasions or other skin lesions on the body, then you can use shampoos with coal tar, Aloe Vera extracts, pine needles, tea tree. They have a strong healing and antiseptic effect, and are also used for eczema, dermatitis.
- If the animal has problems with the eyes, then for washing it is better to choose shampoos with the effect "without tears", basically they include keratin, extracts of herbs, peach oil, jojoba.
Dogs deserve the right and proper care , so all veterinarians recommend choosing special detergents suitable for your pet.