Most owners of four-legged friends are interested in teaching their pets various tricks. And many of them succeed. Why does success or failure in the training of dogs depend on whether the dog is guilty of this, or is the approach the master uses? In fact, various factors are important, including the actions of the host.
When the puppy is ready to learn
If an amusing youngster gets into the house, then the owners do not immediately come to mind the idea of his upbringing and training, but in vain. When is it possible to deal with this process, and what nuances should be taken into account?
- Educate and teach the baby is recommended from the first days of getting him into a new home. True, the first couple of days can be left for adaptation and habituation.
- Puppy up to 3 months is still a small one, and its coordination of movements is somewhat different from that available in adult dogs. Therefore, it is not recommended to be too strict a teacher, and many things can be forgiven.
- The basis for fruitful training is excellent, trusting relationships with the pet, they should be established from the very first acquaintance. A dog that respects and loves his master will be much more willing to fulfill his commands.
- By the age of 4 months the dog is improving coordination, the dog is able to exercise and has enough energy to practice at the training site. By this time, you can complicate the program, spend more time working out and raise your own requirements, this will ensure more productive work.
Most owners make a common mistake, thinking that the dog should have a carefree childhood. They almost up to six months allow the puppy to do whatever he wants without limiting the action in anything. And after, when the dog turns 6 months old, begin to correct it, in fact, the established behavior.
But with this approach, in almost 100% of cases, the owners face a number of problems. First of all, the dog will surprise such a change, because he is not used to obey and execute commands. The grown up animal is more difficult to learn, because the pet is already spoiled by attention, carelessness and is not ready to refuse it. So, the approach "the earlier, the better" is the most rational decision.
Why it is better to start training a dog
Education and training are two important processes that take place simultaneously, and in both cases consistency, regularity and regularity are important. You can not work hard all day on the site, and then for a month to stop classes - in this case, do not expect a lasting result.
The owner must in the first few days establish a number of rules and not retreat from their implementation, not a single step. For example, they might look like this:
- it is forbidden to spoil your shoes;
- you can not sleep on furniture;
- only special devices are used as toys;
- It is forbidden to feed a puppy from his table, etc.
And, excerpt will be required not only from the pet, but also from the owner, and members of his family. It is impossible in honor of the holiday to let the baby sleep on the couch, and the next day to expel him. Begin training is recommended with the simplest tasks that you can start to give at home.
The puppy must learn the command "place", "to me", "sit", "lie", etc. Later they will form the basis for more serious training. It is not to be hoped that the kid will immediately successfully complete the tasks, even if he belongs to the cleverest of the breeds. Well, who does not have difficulty doing something for the first time? In this case it is important to show patience, not to be angry and not to abuse the pet.
Frequent lessons are welcome, but with obligatory intervals. The puppy should not tire of training, it is important that he always responds with pleasure to the invitation and play, and learn. We should not forget about encouragement, puppies respond well to affection, kind words, and, of course, goodies.
Mastering basic skills
Each team is another step in the right direction, giving the dog new knowledge, and the owner - confidence in their own skills trainer. But each of them has its own characteristic features:
- To me! One of the basic compulsory skills, and at first it is better to practice it during exercise. When a puppy plays and sports, it is necessary to periodically call him, and when he responds and approaches, encourage him in every possible way.
- Beside! This is the next command, in which you can not use the method of sharp pulling the leash. Such an action can cause irritation of the pet, but will not make him obey. In this situation it is better to perform patting movements on the thigh, and also slightly increase the tension of the leash.
- Sit! This team must learn the dog at the same time as the previous one. When the pet approaches the owner, then he should say "sit!", You can help by pressing weakly on the croup. Pretty often puppies do not catch what the owner wants, so it is recommended to sip the leash up, and then the dog will have to sit down.
These are the foundations of learning from which to begin. When the dog will perform them from a half-word, without being distracted by extraneous stimuli, one can complicate tasks.
Features of adult dog training
It is not uncommon for a situation when an adult who has formed in all respects a dog comes to the owner. In this case, it is possible to train a pet, but it will take a lot of attention and patience. If it is a question of serious dogs of guard, service, watchdog breeds: shar pei, alabai, etc., then it is rather difficult to work with them. In this case, specialists will need help.
In other cases, you can learn the basics of the dog yourself. But if he had not previously received basic skills, then he would have to apply the same algorithm as for training with puppies. True, time and patience will require much more.
It is always difficult to begin learning, many owners of four-legged friends doubt - but have they approached the process correctly? But, if you started, do not step back - when there are questions, you can always ask professionals - filmmakers or breeders.