Most owners of four-legged friends are interested in teaching their pets a variety of tricks. And many of them succeed. What determines the success or failure in training dogs - is the breed of dog guilty of this, or is the approach that the owner uses? Actually, various factors are important, including the actions of the host.
When the puppy is ready to learn
If an amusing little tot comes into the house, then the owners are far from immediately having an idea about his upbringing and education, but in vain. When it is possible to engage in this process, and what nuances should be considered?
- It is recommended to educate and teach the child from the first days of hitting him in a new home. True, the first two or three days can be left for adaptation and addiction.
- A puppy up to 3 months is still a baby, and its coordination is somewhat different from that of adult dogs. Therefore, it is not recommended to be too strict a teacher, and much can be forgiven the kid.
- The basis of fruitful training is an excellent, trusting relationship with a pet, they should be adjusted from the very first acquaintance. A dog who respects and loves his master will be much more willing to carry out his commands.
- By 4 months, the dog improves coordination, the dog is able to exercise restraint and has enough energy to practice on the training ground. At this point, you can complicate the program, devote more time to refinement and increase your own requirements, this will ensure more productive work.
Most owners make a common mistake in thinking that a dog should have a carefree childhood. They practically allow the puppy to do everything up to half a year what he wants, without restricting the actions in anything. And after that, when the dog turns 6 months old, they begin to correct it, in fact, well-established behavior.
But with this approach, in almost 100% of cases, the owners face a number of problems. First of all, the dog will be surprised by this change, because he was not used to obeying and executing commands. The grown up animal is more difficult to learn, because the pet is already spoiled with attention, carelessness and is not ready to refuse it. So, the “the sooner the better” approach is the most rational solution.
Where better to start dog training
Education and training are two important processes taking place simultaneously, and in both cases, consistency, systematicity and regularity are important. It is impossible to study hard all week on the playground, and then stop classes for a month - in this case one should not expect a stable result.
The owner must establish a number of rules in the very first days and not step back from their implementation. For example, they might look like this:
- forbidden to spoil shoes;
- you can not sleep on furniture;
- as toys only special devices are used;
- it is forbidden to feed a puppy from your table, etc.
Moreover, the shutter speed is required not only from the pet, but also from the owner and his family members. It is impossible in honor of the holiday to let the baby sleep on the couch, and the next day to expel him. It is recommended to begin training with the simplest tasks that can be started at home.
The puppy should learn the command "place", "to me", "sit", "lie down", etc. In the future, they will form the basis of a more serious training. You should not hope that the baby will immediately complete the tasks successfully, even if he belongs to the smartest of breeds. Well, who does not have difficulty doing something the first time? In this case, it is important to be patient, not angry, and do not scold the pet.
Frequent lessons are welcome, but at mandatory intervals. A puppy should not get tired of learning, it is important that he always responds with pleasure to the invitation to play and learn. It should not be forgotten about the promotion, puppies respond well to affection, kind words, and, of course, delicacies.
Mastering basic skills
Each team is one more step in the right direction, giving the dog new knowledge, and the owner - confidence in the trainer's own skills. But each of them has its own characteristics:
- To me! One of the basic obligatory skills, and the first time it is better to work it out during walking. When the puppy plays and frolics, it is necessary to periodically summon him, and when he responds and fits, encourage him in every possible way.
- Beside! This is the next command, in which you can not use the method of sharp pulling the leash. Such an action can irritate a pet, but will not make him obey. In this situation, it is better to make patting movements on the thigh, and also slightly increase the tension of the leash.
- Sit! This dog must master the command at the same time as the previous one. When a pet approaches the owner, he should say “sit!”, You can help by pressing weakly on the croup. Quite often, puppies do not catch what the owner wants, so it is recommended to squeeze the leash up, and then the dog will have to sit down.
These are the basics of learning to start with. When the dog will perform them half-word, without being distracted by extraneous stimuli, it is possible to complicate the task.
Features of training adult dogs
There are often situations when an adult, a dog formed in all respects, gets to the owner. In this case, it is possible to train a pet, but it will take a lot of attention and patience. If we are talking about serious dogs of guard, service, guard breeds: Shar-Pei, Alabai, etc., then it is quite difficult to work with them. In this case, you will need the help of specialists.
In other cases, you can teach the dog the basics yourself. But if he had not previously received basic skills, he would have to apply the same algorithm as for lessons with puppies. True, time and patience will require much more.
It is always difficult to start learning, many owners of four-legged friends doubt whether they have approached the process correctly? But if you started, you should not retreat - when you have questions, you can always ask them to professional dog handlers or breeders.