Russian salon dog, or in another way "mermaid", appeared not so long ago. This is an author's decorative sub-breed group, which only has to become a breed and get recognition of the world's cynological communities. Mermaids are in the process of becoming a breed, but have already won the hearts of many lovers of decorative babies.
- История происхождения 1. History of origin
- Описание породы русская салонная собака 2. Description of breed Russian salon dog
- Характер 3. Character
- Дрессировка 4. Training
- Уход и здоровье 5. Care and health
- Болезни 6. Diseases
- Кормление 7. Feeding
- Содержание 8. CONTENTS
- Фото русской салонной собаки 9. Photo of Russian salon dog
- Видео о русской салонной собаке 10. Video about the Russian salon dog
- Где купить щенка 11. Where to buy a puppy
History of origin
In the beginning of XXI in zootechnician Lakatosh Yu.A. with his team decided to bring a new breed of dogs. The basis was taken yorki and shitsu. The complete list of breeds that participated in crossing has not yet been announced, since the work is still underway and it is not known which lines will be retained or discarded.
As a result of marketing and statistical research, the author's draft of the breed was developed. A Russian salon dog was created by the method of scientifically grounded and rather complex reproductive crossings, in which representatives of several miniature breeds participated. At the very beginning of crossing, for example, long-haired toy terriers of red color were involved.
While the breeding of the breed takes place within the group. In the past 8 years since the beginning of the experiment, 5 generations of mermaids have been obtained. However, the most successful representatives of 2-4 generations are used in breeding. The group continues to improve. Although the breed standard was adopted in 2013, it also continues to change.
Description of breed Russian salon dog
When planning a new breed Lakatosh Yu.A. drew attention to a number of external differences of mermaids from other decorative rocks. The main work was conducted on the following grounds:
- miniature size;
- golden (different shades of red) coat color;
- the presence of brooding - adorning hair on the muzzle in the form of a mustache, beard, bangs;
- special structure and length of the coat;
- standing ears.
But since each gene responsible for a particular trait is linked to others, then, along with the main features, secondary ones also appear as a result of crossing, which also become fixed and determine breed differences. The Russian salon dog has such minor differences from the breeds that "poured in" their blood, are:
- a more rounded skull and a shortened muzzle;
- a more developed and voluminous skeleton;
- shorter paws.
The totality of these differences gives grounds to call mermaids a new breed. The breed standard describes the exterior of dogs as follows:
- Skull is round, not very wide. The forehead is high, the muzzle is short (1/3 of the length of the skull), the superciliary arches are invisible, the cheekbones are flat, the occipital mound is smoothed.
- The transition from the frontal part of the skull to the nose (stop) is strongly pronounced. In the region of the foot there is a longitudinal groove. The back of the nose is pronounced, straight, smooth - without wrinkles or creases.
- The nose is of medium width, ends with a small rounded mirror, shiny and moist. Pigmentation is solid, black is welcome, but slight lightening is allowed - brown or dark gray. A light flesh tinge is acceptable, but not welcomed.
- The muzzle is elegant, but not excessively thin, with a good filling of the natural depressions of the facial part of the skull, somewhat narrows to the tip of the nose.
- The well developed lower jaw is of medium size. The lips completely cover the teeth, are closed along the entire length, fit tightly to the teeth. They are of average thickness, without excessive looseness.
- Teeth white, medium-sized, full set. The bite is scissor-shaped, but it is also allowed to be pincer-like. The confluence of the lower and upper incisors is complete, but with age allow a small snack.
- Eyes small, widely spaced, slightly convex. The color of the iris is dark. Bright eyes are not desirable. Eyelids dry, well adjacent to the eyeball. The edge of the century is pigmented in black or in color.
- Ears small, triangular, erect. The tip of the auricle is sharp. To emphasize its shape, the fringe of hair in the upper third of the auricle is sheared. The cartilage of the ear is of medium density and holds the shape well.
- The neck is set high, proudly bears the head. It is of average thickness, smoothly passes into the shoulders. The skin tightly adjoins, without forming folds and suspensions. The withers are expressed and protrude above the level of the back.
- The body is compact, somewhat stretched, but excessive elongation is not welcome. The line of the back is clear, even. The back has a good muscle layer. In the lower back, it is slightly rounded, a smooth sloping transition to the tail is noticeable.
- The stomach is picked up. The skin on the belly is thin, tightly fitting.
- Chest is oval with good musculature, deep. The thoracic bone is expressed. Well developed false ribs.
- Extremities of medium length. The dog looks squat, but not too much.
- The fore and hind legs are even, parallel to each other. Elbow joints pointing backwards. The corners of the hind limbs are medium-developed.
- Paws are oval, arched. Pads of paws and claws are painted in dark color or have a pigmentation in tone of color.
- Tail of crescent shape is high or medium. In the rack rises above the level of the back. In a relaxed state, it is lowered below the back. It is allowed to stop at 1/3.
The mermaid is composed proportionately, harmoniously. There are two growth lines - the average growth of miniature mermaids is 18-23 cm, and larger ones - up to 28 cm. Weight varies from 1.8 kg to 3.5-4 kg. The mermaid moves easily, freely, rectilinearly.
Wool and colors
The coat is long, straight, sometimes with a slight waviness, of equal length throughout the body. On the body forms a parting along the line of the spine. On the muzzle long strands form a mustache and beard. A long bang is recommended to be stitched, so that it does not restrict the view.
Psoviny on the tail may have darker tips. Undercoat is practically absent. The wool is shiny, but not silk. In terms of volume and fluffiness, something in between the wool of the shiitz and the Chinese downy crested dog.
Preference is given to different shades of red:
- pale yellow (white gold);
It is desirable that the coat color be uniform, saturated. But it is allowed to have a mask on the muzzle, darker hair on the tail. Sable color is not welcome, when the tips of the scars are darker than the base.
There is also spotted color - white spots in the form of grooves on the muzzle or "socks", "shirt". Often white color "captures" the whole surface of the body, leaving small spots of red color. Young mermaids may have a predominance of dark-colored psovin, but after 1.5 years the color significantly lighter and lighter.
When breeding dogs with such a sunny warm color, first of all they thought not only of the aesthetic side, but also of the practical one. Care dogs with white hair, for example, requires special manipulations - whitening and frequent bathing, which causes problems to the owners and causes discomfort to the dog.
Since the Russian salon dog is, first of all, a companion, the main features of its character are:
- livability with other pets;
- "Inadvertence" - the voice of a dog feeds as necessary.
Ruskalka is a cheerful, life-loving dog with an agreeable livable character. She is obedient and devoted to the masters. He likes close contact - stroking, games. He enjoys communicating with children. They are playful, cheerful, sociable. Mermaids easily tolerate transportation, travel and are always ready to accompany their owners.
When creating the character of a mermaid, the "oriental" type was taken as a pattern - restrained, balanced, complaisant, ungainly and affectionate. Pets are intelligent, well feel the mood of the owner. Dogs are very individual, with their own character.
There are no data on the ability to train Russian salon dogs, but like any decorative breed, they need training and training. Even the tiniest little dog, in the absence of upbringing, can become a problem and display bad character traits. Of course, the kids do not need skills that are important for official or hunting dogs, but they must master and fulfill the required minimum of teams.
Begin training is necessary from early childhood, to immediately instill the puppy rules of conduct, to consolidate the concepts of "good" and "bad." The minimum amount of teams can be trained independently, but it is better to visit a professional to get the necessary consultation and master the methods of dressing.
Care and health
The long silky hair of the mermaid requires careful care. It does not shed, therefore does not require daily combing out to remove dead hair. But, so that the fur coat glitters, does not get confused and beautifully falls down, it needs to be washed using a special shampoo for longhaired breeds.
After drying, apply the conditioner to give the hairs shine, strength, protect from electrification and tangling. To prevent hair from becoming thinner and tarnished, it is necessary to wash the dog as it gets dirty - usually every 2-3 weeks. Wool on the face should be washed after each meal.
Particular attention should be given to caring for the dog's hair at the age of 9-12 months. When changing children's wool to adulthood, it becomes tangled and forms coils faster than in adult dogs. The frequency of combing depends on the quality and type of mermaid hair. It varies from daily to 1-2 times a week.
Comb the mermaid needs a comb with long prongs made of natural material, so as not to damage the coat. A professional and owner with experience of care for long hair can use a brush with natural bristles.
To facilitate combing, the coat should be slightly moistened with water or air conditioner. Particular attention should be paid to the area around the ears, muzzle, on the inside of the paws, on the abdomen.
For the convenience of owners and dogs, the standard allows different types of haircuts:
- general grooming, in which the wool freely falls "on the floor," but "hair" should not interfere with the movements of the animal;
- "Square" at which the hair is trimmed at the bottom of the muzzle of the dog;
- "Sports" at which the head is made in the form of a ball, and the body is cut short.
The strand between the ears is left natural and stitched with decorative hairpins or elegant hair bands.
Standing ears of mermaids do not require special care. In the upper part of the auricle, the wool is cut to open the shape of the ear. It's enough to regularly inspect and clean the ears every 1-2 weeks. Eyes wipe with moist tampons. Claws cut as they grow. To prevent the accumulation of plaque and the formation of stone, it is necessary to regularly brush the teeth of the mermaid.
Also, it is necessary to inspect and prevent mermaids from external and internal parasites on time. Insecticides need to be selected so that no intoxication of the animal, and bloodsucking insects perished. In order for the dog to live a long time, it is necessary to carry out routine vaccinations and regular veterinary examinations.
Mermaids - dogs with strong health, high immunity and lack of propensity to allergic reactions. The breed is derived in such a way that the obtained dogs have no disease of the breed, characteristic of the ancestors.
To maintain health and ensure the growth and development of the mermaids, they need a balanced diet. You can use both natural food and ready-made high-quality foods. Feeding the little mermaid is recommended at the same time, avoiding feeding, especially from the table, and over-pampering sweets.
The frequency of feeding depends on the age of the dog and varies from 1 to 3 times a day. Breeders and veterinarians do not recommend to introduce beans and fatty meat into the diet of Russian salon dogs. It is strictly forbidden to give chicken tubular bones to pets.
Russian salon dogs are not very active, so they do not require frequent walking. They can be trained to go to the hygiene diaper or into the tray. In the apartment they behave decently, do not misbehave, which greatly facilitates their maintenance.
For the dog, you need to equip your own couch, located in a quiet place, protected from drafts. Some owners of these beautiful dogs mark the features of the owner in character, which requires the allocation of individual toys, feeding bowls and territoriality.
If the mermaid is taken out for a walk, then it should be done on a leash, so that the little dog is not injured by large dogs.
Photo of Russian salon dog
Video about the Russian salon dog
Where to buy a puppy
The breeding of the breed is handled by a few nurseries, so the demand for exclusive mermaids exceeds the offer. Kennels conduct waiting lists, in which those wishing to purchase a puppy of a Russian salon dog are registered.
The kennel provides certified documents with the signature of the author of the breed and the end-to-end number. If necessary, the nursery conducts an expert evaluation of the dog's thoroughbred.
The price of the puppy starts from 20,000 rubles. In the declarations of private breeders the cost of a puppy, depending on sex, varies from 18,000 to 60,000 rubles.
The popularity of decorative dogs is growing every year. This is due to the simplicity of the content in the city, the undemanding to frequent walking and high physical activity. Therefore, the future breed of Russian salon dogs has already gained popularity and popularity. These lively, bright, lovely mermaids conquered the hearts of breeders and dog lovers. The author's breed is ready to take a worthy place not only in our country, but also abroad.