Walking dogs is a mandatory procedure if the pet, of course, does not go into the tray. Many people frighten off such a duty, because it is necessary to be at home at the same time and go for a walk, no matter if there is a mood for it or not. For some people this is an unbearable burden, for others - an excellent way to spend time, chat with a pet and stay out in the fresh air. If you belong to the second category, then the dog is what you need. How to properly walk the dog to get maximum pleasure and deliver it to the pet?
- Полноценный выгул – сколько раз и как долго 1. Full-scale paddock - how many times and for how long
- Команды, необходимые для выгула 2. Commands required for walking
- Подходящее место для выгула 3. A suitable place for walking
- Основные правила выгула собак и рекомендации 4. Basic rules of dog walking and recommendations
Full-scale paddock - how many times and for how long
Probably, this is the very first question that arises among newly-made owners of a four-legged friend. Of course, everything depends on the breed of the pet, its temperament, needs. Large and medium sized dogs with increased activity require long walks, at least one and a half hours. Small dogs usually last for 40-60 minutes.
Naturally, the time of walking depends on the weather conditions. In winter, the apartment dog can not stay on the street for a long time, long walks will suit only pets kept in cages.
The effect of heat can also negatively affect the condition of the animal. Most of them are prone to heat shocks. Therefore, you should either shorten walks, or shift the time to early morning and later evening.
The number of walks is related to the age of the pet. Puppies until three or four months are taken out as often as possible - as soon as the kid twirled in search of a place, so it was time for a walk. Puppies take 4-7 months 4-5 times a day. Of course, the walk lasts not long, about half an hour is enough. From 8 months to a year the number of outputs can be reduced to three times. One-year-old dogs can cope with need as adults twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. This mode remains for an adult pet, and it does not matter what kind of breed, size and other features.
Article on the topic : how to teach a puppy to the toilet on the street .
Commands required for walking
Once in the street, the puppy can be transformed. If at home he behaves calmly and easily, then on the street may appear freedom and picking up garbage, "pestering" the passers-by. In order not to worry for your pet, and to make walks a pleasant pastime, you should train a dog to a certain set of commands:
- Beside! In most cases, walks require the use of a leash. But if the dog does not know how to walk around, constantly tears to the side, pulling the leash with effort, then the walk will become a punishment for the pet and the owner. When the dog learns the command, being on a leash, it will be possible to start the task without it.
- To me! Definitely, a very important team, which is sure to come in handy. That the pet has learned it, it is necessary during the walk to periodically call him, to praise and treat him with a delicacy. The phrase "to me!" Will allow the owner to control almost any situation and will give confidence in their abilities, especially if it is a question of large pets.
- Sit! During any stoppage, the dog must take a sitting position, the dog must also sit in the transport. In general, this basic skill and many other commands the animal produces precisely from this position.
- Fu! An important team that allows you to save the puppy, and subsequently the adult dog from dangers and unseemly acts. An untrained puppy, like a child, can pick up scraps and not even edible things on the street, any animal - a cat, a rat, a squirrel, will make him rush, he does not understand the road, he may show interest in passers-by, that the latter may not like. This team, a kind of prohibition, protecting, in the first place, a pet.
- Aport! A team needed by active pets who need strong physical activity. Appporting is not only a waste of excess energy for the dog, but for most it is a great joy and pleasure.
Of course, training is a lot of different teams, but it's quite enough for walking. The main thing is to be able to apply them correctly. For example, if the dog rushed after the cat, then the team "Fu!" Should stop it, and "To me!", Will force to approach. If the dog does not do this, then she has not fully learned the material. It is necessary to demand complete submission, the team must be heard and understood at the first attempt. The animal must understand that the main person is the person, and only he can dictate the conditions.
Suitable place for walking
Unfortunately, we do not have many suitable places for walking animals. But from available it is necessary to choose the best options. You can not remove the animal in the following places:
- playgrounds, in general, they are best avoided;
- abandoned wastelands;
- next to abandoned construction sites or unusable buildings, such places are fraught with various dangers for the pet;
- territories near kindergartens, schools and other children's institutions.
City park areas, public gardens will be an excellent place for a walk with a pet. If there are nearby special areas for playing and training dogs, you should definitely visit them. Pets with a formidable temperament, and even more impressive sizes, in such places are better to be taken out in the absence of other dogs. If people are generally tolerant toward people, then aggression can manifest to themselves.
On weekends, it is advisable to arrange a trip outside the city for a dog. Walk to the forest, the pond on the pond will definitely appreciate.
The correct range of dogs on video:
Basic rules of dog walking and recommendations
Professionals know how to make joint walks comfortable, it is worth taking some recommendations for armament:
- It is recommended to feed the dog to the ground for at least 30 minutes.
- It is necessary to adhere to the diet and observe the size of the portion, this will allow the pet to withstand the time from one paddock to the next.
- To move the leash is convenient for everyone - the dog, the owner and others, it is necessary to be able to control the tension of the leash and its length. You should teach the dog to walk half a meter from the owner, without unauthorized attempts to increase the distance. Also it is necessary to pull the leash slightly, it will remind the pet that it is not necessary to run forward.
- In the process of education, there must necessarily be encouragement - refreshment, stroking or affectionate word. This can greatly speed up the learning process. Good behavior is also an occasion for praise.
- During the walks, you must have something delicious with you - special tasty ones from the pet shop, pieces of meat or cheese. This will allow the walk to be combined with educational moments.
- If the pet recently becomes uncontrollable on the street, you can take a water sprayer with you. This will help cool his ardor.
- Any accessory pet should not give him discomfort, this applies to the collar. He should sit tight, but do not put pressure on the animal's neck. You can check it by pushing two fingers under it. If they have passed, then everything is in order and the dog is quite comfortable.
- Certain safety requirements must be observed. In crowded places, representatives of large and medium breeds need to wear a muzzle. Dogs of any size should be on a leash.
- It is worth taking care of the safety and the pet itself. You can lower it from the leash only in the deserted places and away from the roadway.
- An important tool to control and correct the behavior of an animal is the voice. Dogs are sensitive to intonation, so after any properly performed action the dog should hear a benevolent "good", "well done", etc. If the dog behaves in an inappropriate way, for example, snaps at other dogs, shows aggression, then the teams should be given a strict, loud voice.
- First time you need to follow the same route, so that the dog gets used to the paddock and does not get nervous. Later you can change them so that the dog gets new impressions.
- In long walks it is worthwhile to take along drinking water. Young animals and puppies can get hungry, so you can take care of any food, taking with them pieces of vegetables or fruits.
- Taking a dog into the house, it is necessary to take care of the animal's health. Therefore, it is necessary to put vaccinations, according to the available vaccination schedule . Vaccinations against rabies , plague , various infectious and viral diseases will help protect the pet from severe and sometimes fatal ailments that dogs get infected while walking and communicating with other animals.
- Another trouble is parasites. They lie in wait for dogs at every step and can penetrate into the body - parasitic worms, or affect the skin - fleas, ticks. It is necessary to conduct deworming twice a year, and also to treat the animal's fur with special preparations against fleas and ticks. In the warm season it is recommended to put on a dog a special collar with insecticidal action.
The dog needs guardianship and protection, so the owner should not be vigilant during walks. Do not let her out of sight. If the animal is prone to shoots, then it is better to refuse the idea of letting it go. In no case can one resort to the practice of samovygula, as this leads to disastrous consequences.