Often, animal owners have to travel to different distances along with their pets. And, as a rule, these trips are fraught with difficulties due to the ignorance of the owners of the rules of transportation of animals on different types of transport, documents, their regulatory and physiological features of their pets.
- Перевозка домашних животных в автобусе, маршрутке 1. Transportation of pets in the bus, minibus
- Правила перевозки животных в метрополитене 2. Rules for the transport of animals in the subway
- Перевозка животных в поезде 3. Transportation of animals in a train
- Проезд за границу в личном автомобиле 4. Traveling abroad in a private car
- Авиаперевозка за границы государства 5. Air transportation beyond the state borders
- Правила подготовки животного к поездке 6. Rules for preparing an animal for a trip
Transportation of pets in the bus, minibus
When transporting pets in public transport, the mandatory requirement until recently was the availability of:
- Vetpasport, which lists the types and timing of all preventive measures taken. This document is required both for transportation of the pet by all means of transport on the territory of the state, and for its export abroad.
- Vetspravki on the condition of the pet at the time of examination and the presence of vaccination against rabies.
Since 9.01.2017, the Order of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation No. 589 of December 27, 2016 entered into force. In clause 16 it is indicated that the transportation of ornamental, service and domestic animals within the territorial boundaries of the Russian Federation is permitted without accompanying vetocounts unless it is caused by transportation them to the new owner, participation in competitions, and is conditioned by personal goals.
Small animals are transported in special transport containers, bags, baskets-carriages, the bottom of which does not allow moisture, and the lattice walls allow air to circulate freely. They should not only provide comfortable conditions for long-term transportation, but also prevent contamination of the vehicle.
Carrying dimensions should not exceed the size of hand luggage (55x35x25 cm) established by transport companies. In case of compliance with the dimensions, transportation of the pet is not paid. But boxing must be placed in a designated place or held on hands.
It is not recommended to put a basket under your feet, so as not to subject a pet to mental trauma due to noise of engines, shaking, flashing of legs. Arranging the box with the pet on the aisle, its owner creates hindrances for moving around the passenger compartment.
Dogs of medium and large breeds are maximally isolated from people with the help of various accessories and are under the constant supervision of the guardian. As a preventive measure of bites use a muzzle, and to limit free movement in the cabin - a short leash. Overall dogs are located in the "tail" of the cabin or in the rear seats of the bus. Their transportation is paid by purchasing a baggage ticket.
Exception when following the city public transport do for guide dogs. If the dog accompanies the owner in the transport, then payment from it is not collected. The dog is placed next to the person escorted by him and must have a protective structure - a muzzle and a special collar with a shovel.
But, even observing all the above rules, the owner may refuse to transport the animal, referring to the "Rules for the transport of passengers and luggage by road and urban land electric transport." They stipulate that in public transport you can not transport items that can pollute the salon and others.
In rainy, slushy weather, the dog's hair, especially long-haired, becomes wet, gets dirty and, shaking off, the animal threatens the purity of others. To avoid this, before planting the dog should be wiped dry, with a diaper or an oilcloth to protect the seat from dirty paws.
Rules for transportation of animals in the subway
The rules for using an underground type of electric transport prohibit the transportation of animals without means of temporary isolation. Metro employees argue this ban with concern for the safety of four-legged pets and subway passengers. When using the escalator, the dog can be injured, create a dangerous situation for people or cause an accident.
The "Rules ..." specifies the size of the accessory for transportation of animals. So, for example, in the metro stations of St. Petersburg and the capital of the Urals, these dimensions should not exceed the standards of hand luggage (55x35x25 cm). In Moscow, the size of the box is 150 cm. But the metropolitan of the capital for an accessory more than 120 cm charges a fee.
But there are no rules without exceptions. Sometimes subway workers can skip an average dog, provided that the owner will keep it while the escalator is moving on their hands, and passengers will not be at risk of bites. Corpulent dogs in the "subway" are not allowed, and their owners are advised to use another mode of transport.
The busiest passengers of the "subway" feel most free in the capital of Tatarstan. There are no restrictions on the size of the pet. The owner can purchase an animal ticket and follow to the destination station subject to the following:
- norms of hygiene;
- restrictions on free movement;
- safety of passengers.
In all the subways of the Russian Federation, an exception is made for guide dogs. They are free to follow with their owner. But the animal must be muzzled and special equipment.
Transportation of animals in a train
According to the normative documents of the railway transport, the transportation of pets in passenger trains is allowed only in wagons that have the appropriate constructive capabilities - separation of seats and the possibility of isolating the pet.
This category includes compartment and reserved cars. In wagons of the category "Lux" or CB traveling with animals is prohibited. If the owner needs to transport a large-sized dog by rail, he will have to pay the full cost of the coupe.
One passenger can carry a limited number of dogs. The pet should be reliably isolated, partially immobilized in movement on the car and have veterinary documents:
- An unexpired certificate of vaccination. The time from the moment of vaccination and until the day of departure should not exceed 10-11 months.
- Document on sanitization and deworming.
- Veterinary certificate of form number 1, which is issued by the state veterinary clinic. The interval from the moment of registration and before departure should not exceed 3 days. The document is issued on the basis of the veterinary passport, in the presence of vaccinations and after instrumental examination of the animal for dermatomycosis and helminthiasis. When traveling abroad, additional research and processing may be required, conditioned by the requirements of the country of destination. The document is valid until you arrive at your destination.
Small animals are transported in boxes, and they need to purchase an electronic baggage check. If their weight is ≤ 20 kg, then it is paid as a luggage of the appropriate weight. If this rate is exceeded, payment is made for the real weight of the pet.
In suburban trains and regional railway transport, large dogs can be transported in the tambour, which is located immediately behind the rolling stock or in the "tail" of the convoy. On the site should be no more than 2 dogs in muzzles and with a leash. Animals follow under the care of a guardian.
An exception is made for guide dogs. The owner can ride with the dog in any type of car free of charge provided that the animal will be in a muzzle, collar and will not leave the place next to the escorted passenger.
When transporting pets to non-CIS countries, you should familiarize yourself with the existing rules. So, for example, when following a country or crossing it by transit, the following rules are observed:
- In Western Europe, small animals are allowed to be transported in appropriate containers. Payment for them is collected as hand luggage. Large dogs can move in the wagons I and II class. In this case, the owner pays tickets and reserved seats in the whole compartment and additionally pays the cost of a child ticket in a class II wagon. In one compartment you can not transport more than two dogs at the same time.
- Some Balkan and Scandinavian countries are not allowed to transport dogs through or to their territory.
- Banned to import or transport through the territory of Germany listed in the list of dangerous and aggressive breeds:
- Staffordshire terriers;
- bull terriers;
- fila braziliro;
- pitbull terriers;
- Japanese Touji.
Almost every European state has its own requirements, and in America and Britain its own laws are prescribed in every state or county.
When transporting animals to foreign countries, the owner must have an international passport for each animal. There are also requirements to the methods of identification of animals. Implanted microchips must be read by the scanner and entered into the database of identified animals. All the subtleties of legislation on transportation can be found at the consulate.
Traveling abroad in a private car
If the four-legged pet is going to cross the state border on the owner's personal car, then you should take care of the availability:
- evidence of the presence of a chip;
- passport of an international animal;
- certificates with permission to export, import or transit, issued in accordance with the requirements of the country in question;
- Help from the Veterinary Clinic form # 1;
- the original vaccination card and the result of a serological test for rabies.
The vehicle must be equipped with devices that limit the movement of the pet through the cabin and the net, which prevents the driver from interfering. Modern devices are represented not only by containers for transportation.
For representatives of large and medium breeds, they provide comfort and safety for a long journey:
- harnesses and waistcoats;
- restrictive nets resembling a playpen;
- grid to limit space.
The landlord must first familiarize himself with the requirements for transportation of pets in various countries and collect all documents in time, vaccinate and chip.
Air transportation beyond the state borders
Regulations for the carriage of pets by air are established by each airline separately, but there are general rules. For example, small animals can be transported in the cabin of the aircraft in a special container if its dimensions correspond to 55 x 40 x 20 cm, and the total weight ≤ 8 kg.
Payment is made as for luggage, but of the total limited amount of luggage, its weight is not deducted. In the cabin of the aircraft it is not allowed to transport more than two animals. The box is placed under the front seat of the chair or in the hands of the guardian. It is not allowed to transport the box on a free seat.
For transportation of large dogs, separate rules are established:
- In the presence of a warm transport compartment, a box with an animal is placed in it. Book seats in the compartment in advance, indicating the breed and weight of the pet. Some airlines, including domestic ones, refuse to transport representatives of brachycephalic (with a shortened muzzle) breeds, because due to the peculiarities of the structure of the skull these dogs are endangered by asphyxiation, pressure, temperature, stress.
- Dogs fighting and dangerous breeds are transported in special cells of reinforced construction.
- Cages have special requirements not only to ensure the safety of others. In them, the animal must move freely, the floor is covered with a material with hygroscopic properties and is isolated from percolation. The doors are equipped with strong locks, which exclude the escape of the animal. The total area of the ventilation openings should be ≥ 16%.
- The maximum permissible dimensions of the box are - length 110 cm, width - 75 cm and height 75 cm.
- In one box you can transport no more than 4 pets, provided they are free of their location and non-conflict.
- The time of notification of the airline about the order of transportation of live cargo depends on its weight. With a total weight of ˂ 32 kg, the application is made one day before departure, and at ˃ 70 kg - for 3 days.
Service animals (dogs or cats accompanying people with disabilities, rescuers, help dogs) are not limited in size and weight and, if agreed with the airline, are transported for free.
To obtain an appropriate permit, it is necessary to present a document confirming the need for such escort of the passenger and the availability of the appropriate skills in the animal. For 1 passenger, only one animal is allowed to be carried.
Before you fly with your pet abroad, you need to clarify the requirements and a list of necessary documents. In some countries, a translation of the VET is required in the language of the hostile country. Sanitation and epidemiological services of a foreign state may be required.
Rules for preparing an animal for a trip
For any pet, changing places is a stress that can have serious consequences. Therefore, if it is supposed to often transport a pet, it is worthwhile to prepare it for this in advance. To teach dogs to transport, for example, cynologists are advised from the age of four months, gradually extending the route. The pet should get used to the noise, cramped, crush and learn to react calmly to them.
Before a long trip, you need to take care of feeding the animal. The best choice is dry food, which does not deteriorate, has a small volume and does not spoil the salon or compartment. It can be taken on the road even if the animal is accustomed to natural food.
It is necessary to establish in advance how the motion sickness tolerates the pet and, if necessary, get advice from a veterinarian, as well as to purchase funds from kinetosis, sanitary napkins and hygroscopic diapers.
You can transport only a completely healthy animal. Transportation of a sick pet is allowed only for medical reasons and with a supporting document.
Before traveling, the dog should walk well and stop feeding 4-5 hours before the trip. All devices used for transportation must be convenient, safe, meet the requirements.
You need to consult a veterinarian, perhaps you should take with you sedatives to calm your pet, relieve stress. When transporting in a cargo compartment of a vehicle, the box must be equipped with a tag containing not only information about the animal, but also indicating the time of sedation.
Particular attention should be paid to the limitations imposed by the anatomy or physiology of animals. Representatives of some breeds do not tolerate pressure differences, climate change or rapid movement. All these subtleties need to be clarified in advance, as well as weigh the risks that an animal can face in a long flight, a trip in the car or a train compartment.
Also, the concepts of "transportation" and "transportation" should be distinguished. Transportation does not involve the drawing up of an agreement between the owner of the animal and the transport company or the owner of the vehicle. If a ticket is purchased for an animal, it is equal to the contract with the carrier company and falls under the concept of "transportation".
And moving in your own car is "transportation". For the safety of live cargo, many transport companies are not liable unless an insurance contract has been drawn up. When transporting animals is not provided for feeding, nursing, if these conditions are not stipulated in advance.
If there is no need to carry a pet, then it is better to leave it under the supervision of specialists in an animal hotel or a responsible relative.