Almost in every article on feeding dogs you can meet a warning that it is not recommended to feed this type of meat to your four-legged friend. This is also confirmed by veterinarians, experienced breeders and dog breeders. Why dogs should not be given pork, what is the danger of this product?
- Свинья — переносчик опасных болезней 1. Pig - vector of dangerous diseases
- Негативное влияние свиного мяса на здоровье питомца 2. Negative influence of pork meat on the health of the pet
- Может ли свинина вызывать заворот кишок? 3. Can pork cause vomiting?
- Свинину давать можно, если осторожно 4. Pork can be given if carefully
Pig - a carrier of dangerous diseases
Fears of experts and dog lovers are by no means groundless. If the animal is grown in conditions where sanitary norms were not observed, farmers do not adhere to the cultivation technology and regular veterinary control is not carried out, the pig becomes a carrier of various parasites, including those that are very dangerous for the canine organism.
If the pig farm is doing this, then the pigs from generation to generation develop immunity to diseases, without becoming infected themselves, they transmit the pathogens to other animals. These may be the following parasites:
- Different types of helminths - the digestive system of the dog becomes infected with worms, from where they can spread to other organs.
- Pork tapeworm - today this type of tapeworm is quite rare, but leads to dangerous consequences, causing a delay in the growth of the dog, the pet loses weight, the development of the central nervous system is disrupted.
In addition, when eating pork, dogs are at risk of contracting herpesvirus Suid herpesvirus 1, which causes infectious bulbar paralysis (Aueiski disease or pseudorabies). This disease is accompanied by severe itching around the head, muzzle, abundant drooling. Unfortunately, for the pet, the disease in most cases leads to a lethal outcome.
Trichinosis is another serious pathology that lies in wait for a dog that loves to eat pork. The disease causes diarrhea, pain symptoms in the abdomen, fever.
The causative agent of the disease is the larva of Trichinella - a very tenacious organism that can be retained in meat even after heat treatment. If the dog eats raw pork, infected with this parasite, then 100% will become infected. The risk of infection of the pet can be reduced if you cook meat for at least an hour.
The negative influence of pork meat on the health of the pet
Include in the diet of the dog is not recommended fatty meat, which is pork. The use of a large amount of such a product leads to the development of intestinal disorders. As it turned out, the canine organism does not produce the necessary quantity of enzymes capable of completely digesting pig fat.
If the dog regularly eats pork, then you can expect the following diseases:
- enteritis - inflammation of the intestine;
- diabetes mellitus;
- kidney and liver diseases.
In addition, fat, which is not digested properly, disrupts the metabolic processes of the body. Getting into the body and not splitting, it penetrates into the bloodstream, increasing the level of cholesterol, resulting in the formation of vascular plaques in the lumens and obesity of internal organs.
This condition negatively affects the behavior of the pet, it becomes less active, passively affects what is happening around.
Can pork cause curvature of the intestines?
You can hear such an opinion, but how true is it? In fact, this pathology is the result of intense physical activity, which the dog receives with a full stomach. And it does not matter if he ate before this carrot or pork meat.
The young sheepdogs suffer from the coughing up of the bowels, and their owners should carefully plan the regimen, making a decent gap between feeding and active physical activities.
Pork can be given if carefully
In fact, pork is a common product, and experts still admit its presence in the dog's diet, not as regular food, but as a treat. For example, a pet living on the street in the winter can be treated with slices of not very fatty meat.
Less this component is contained in the scapula, breast, ham, loin, lumbar part. More fat is in the shank, neck, legs. Contained in pork fat protects the body from the cold. But to give such food to a dog follows no more often than 2 times a week.
It is important to adhere to the following rules:
- raw pork increases the risk of infection with parasites, so it is recommended to carefully boil it;
- pathogenic pathogens do not die even in severe frost;
- pork bones are forbidden to give the dog - in its raw form they can also be sources of pathogens, boiled - contain a lot of fat and are not practically digested;
- It is recommended to purchase only the product that has been sanitized.
Like other kinds of meat, pork contains useful substances - vitamin, mineral components, amino acids. In addition, it is rich in proteins. Therefore, when you use a small amount of high-quality product, the animal's body can benefit.
Meat is an important component of the dog's diet. But, as it turned out, it can also pose a threat to the animal's body. The owner should remember about such nuances and more carefully include in the diet some of its species, for example, pork.