The development of canine breeds is a constant process, some species lose their popularity and disappear, while others are reborn again. But also regular work is being done to create new breeds, and one of the successful results of the selection was the decorative St. Petersburg orchid - an elegant little dog designed to become an ideal companion. Pesica with the flower name for today are the rarity, that even more warms up to them interest. What is known about small "orchids"?
- Происхождении породы 1. Origin of the breed
- Описание породы петербургская орхидея 2. Description of the breed: St. Petersburg orchid
- Характер 3. Character
- Уход 4. Care
- Дрессировка 5. Training
- Содержание 6. Table of contents
- Кормление 7. Feeding
- Болезни 8. Diseases
- Фото петербургской орхидеи 9. Photo of the St. Petersburg Orchid
- Видео о петербургской орхидее 10. Video about St. Petersburg Orchid
- Где купить щенка 11. Where to buy a puppy
Origin of the breed
This breed is quite young, as it was bred in St. Petersburg only in 1997. The breeder Nina Nasibova used several representatives of miniature representatives: chihuahua, toy poodles, Yorkshire terriers, Russian colored bolongs.
The work was painstaking, it was not immediately possible to achieve the desired result, but three years later, Nina received little dogs that had a bright appearance and excellent qualities.
The author herself timed the appearance of a new breed for the 300th anniversary of the Northern Capital. Kind, beautiful and devoted pets became an original gift for the anniversary of the city. This explains the name "St. Petersburg", and "orchid" emphasizes how fragile, gentle these four-legged friends are.
Description of the breed: St. Petersburg orchid
Representatives of the breed are small, mobile dogs, possessing a stretched format, dry muscle mass and medium skeleton. In individuals, sexual dimorphism is clearly expressed, and it is associated not only with appearance, but also with behavior.
But the most important advantage of orchids is their original, attractive appearance. A well-groomed dog looks like a real fashionista, with a flowing fur, a pretty bang and long ears that create a real hairstyle.
The maximum growth of orchids is 30 cm, weighing pesiki from 2.5 to 4 kg. It is undesirable for a female to weigh less than one and a half kilograms, since in this case independent births are practically impossible. The breed standard is ready, but it is at the approval stage. In it, pawls are described as follows:
- The head is dry, medium-sized, with rectangular lines. The muzzle tapers to the end, shorter than the head, is only a third of its size.
- The transition from the forehead to the muzzle is pronounced, but not abrupt. The nose of a small nose, may be black or dyed in the color of the coat.
- Eyes oval, small, widely distributed, not convex, view meaningful, understanding everything.
- The ears are medium, hanging on the cartilages, are high.
- Jaws consist of small, sharp teeth, the bite is allowed only the right one - scissor-shaped.
- The neck has a smooth bend, elongated, dry.
- The back is muscular, wide, creating a straight line. The withers stand out well, go into a bulging, muscled loin. The thorax is of decent depth, wide, and the stomach is taut.
- The extremities are parallel to each other, dryish.
- The tail is located just below the back line, it is allowed to stop, in this case there are only 2-3 vertebrae. In a natural form, a ring or a saber hangs.
Wool and colors
The coat of the "St. Petersburg Orchids" is quite long, of moderate thickness, a small wave is allowed. There is one more variety - "Neva Orchid", these dogs have short hair. Color in dogs can be any, just not white. There are both monophonic and multi-colored individuals, some of them have a mask on their muzzle.
Bright eyes have a dog with a tiger, muruga, black and black with tan hair. And the scorpions can be of different shades: gray, yellow, red, red, smoky, cognac. This contrast looks very impressive.
In addition, the dog can possess the fur of any of the following shades:
- red - from light wheaten to dark cognac;
- red - from a creamy rose to a dark red with black;
- chocolate - from light cocoa to bitter chocolate;
- blue or silver.
If we talk about the combination of two or more colors, then the colors can be most impressive. In addition, the author of the breed continues the selection work aimed at obtaining dogs with spotted hair - white-red or white-black.
The most popular are the "orchids" of the color "mahogony" and bright red with black. This is due to the beauty of this "coat" and its effektivnostyu.
Representatives of the breed are very clever, smart dogs that adore the owner, however they react very sensitively to the mood and will never be imposed. It is an affectionate, affectionate pet that needs a warm attitude. When a sad, depressed mood, it's enough for the owner to look into these eye-beads, filled with love, so that the melancholy recedes.
Orchids are friendly to everyone, and as to people, including strangers, and other animals. Pesik will gladly greet guests, and on walks for him to blush not have to. He is completely devoid of aggression and has a natural urge for new acquaintances.
The pet is happy 24 hours a day to be happy with the owner, but not in his rules to interfere and get underfoot. He is too aristocratic to fuss about. But if the dog is in the spotlight, she will be immensely happy, feeling love and answering in a threefold size.
A puppy of the breed "St. Petersburg Orchid" is recommended to lead to people who want to find a small friend with a huge, loving heart. The owner should have free time to pet his pet, the dog should not feel lonely and abandoned. But at the same time, "orchids" can periodically retire to be alone with themselves.
Like most decorative rocks, St. Petersburg orchids need regular care, which does not require special knowledge and skills and consists of simple hygienic procedures:
- Cleaning the ears - they should be inspected regularly, and cleaned from dirt with a cotton disc soaked in a special lotion, at least once a week.
- Eye treatment - they are washed every day, using lotion or boiled water.
- Care of the oral cavity - dogs of this breed must be cleaned teeth once every 5-7 days; Also, regular veterinary examinations and periodic tartar removal are required.
- Caring for the coat - a plus of the breed can be called the absence of natural lines, which facilitates home maintenance, but in this case, the risks of formation of coils are high. To avoid knocking down the coat, the pet should be bathed weekly and combed using a special comb. Padding a pet puffer is rarely. Once every 8-10 weeks, it is recommended to trim the dog. You can do this in zoosalon or on your own, having consulted the breeder beforehand. For the neck a machine is used, which shaves the hair.
- Treatment of anal glands - this area is considered the most vulnerable to almost all representatives of small ornamental rocks. If the food gland is broken, then it causes inflammation. In order to prevent such a pathology, it is recommended to closely monitor the feeding regime, the diet of the pet and once every 3-4 months to clean the glands of the contents, pressing them, and wipe them with a cotton swab impregnated with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- Mowing claws - the procedure is carried out as necessary.
It is advisable to begin to accustom the puppy to the departure activities from an early age, then the grown-up dog will persistently endure all manipulations. If the owner does not want to do the pet's hygiene on his own, you can always turn to professionals.
Such house dogs are usually not trained, because they immediately acquire the status of family members. But still and the orchid has animal instincts, which should be adjusted. To the dog knew the boundaries of what is permitted, it must be educated. Spoiled baby can become a real tyrant if the family allows him to feel like a master.
From the first days it is necessary to show the kid what he is allowed, and what is strictly forbidden. It is important that the pet immediately get acquainted with the hierarchy of the new "pack", that is, the family, and understand what place it has been allocated to. But a tender orchid will not tolerate rudeness or negligence towards himself.
St. Petersburg Orchid - a small dog that does not suffer from lack of mobility, is not used in active activities and sports marathons, so it does not require intensive workload. In this regard, you can accustom the pet to the treatment of need at home - the dog can walk on a napkin, disposable diaper or in a tray. And wittyness these kids do not hold, they almost immediately understand what the master wants from them.
The dog does not require much space - this is an ideal option even for a small apartment, but it should have its own equipped place - a couch, a house or a mattress. It is advisable to place it away from drafts, heating devices. Here the kid will rest from vanity and outward looks. Even such sunny dogs need a place for solitude.
To the pet was close as long as possible, was not sick and was hilarious, he needs a full, balanced diet. Already during the breeding work it was implied that the representatives of the breed would feed on commercial diets.
This type of feeding does not require independent dosing of food, since the manufacturer has already calculated everything, it is enough to give the pet a portion of the granules at a certain time - in the morning and evening hours. Another plus - ready-made feed contains all the necessary elements, and the pet does not need additional vitamin-mineral top dressing.
Orchids are nice doggies with a pretty appearance, therefore, having built a sad face, they can easily get the tidbit from the owners or guests from the table. But it should be remembered that human food can not be given to dogs, its eating negatively affects the work of the digestive tract of the pet and its general state of health.
If you consider that the breed exists only about 10 years, it is difficult to accurately determine whether its representatives are inclined to any diseases that can be called pedigree. In addition, only one mono-nursery is involved in breeding the breed, in fact, where these dogs come from. Here, animals with genetic abnormalities are rigidly culled and do not allow such individuals to participate in procreation.
In general, orchids are quite strong animals, but still they are not circumvented by the problems inherent in all miniature breeds:
- tartar formation and other dental diseases;
- fractures - young dogs are more often injured, in adult individuals the backbone is more durable, and fractures of the paws are diagnosed less often;
- high sensitivity to changes in temperature - in cold, windy weather, dogs often catch cold and fall ill.
Some orchids have a sensitive digestive tract, in this case it is not necessary without serious reasons to change the approaching diet. On average, these dogs live 12-14 years.
Photo of St. Petersburg Orchid
Video about St. Petersburg Orchid
Where to buy a puppy
Those who want to buy such a puppy can face a problem - the author of the breed is still forming the basic population of St. Petersburg orchids, so only those animals that do not have breeding value are exported from St. Petersburg and the region - too large males or small females who can not independently breed. That is, to get a baby of this breed, you need to go to a monobreed club, created by Nina Nasibova.
As for the cost of puppies of this breed, it depends on various criteria: age, color of the coat, sex and other factors. The average price of males is 30,000 rubles, the bitches - 50,000 rubles. Naturally, the breeding value of animals plays an important role in the formation of prices.
An exclusive representative of the breed may cost 100,000-14,000 rubles. Cheaper than the rest is a kid who has a small disadvantage, for such a pet will have to give about 15,000-20,000 rubles.
In their native city orchids have ceased to be a rarity, but dog lovers around the world are only discovering this new, original breed. But the breeders warn that it has not yet received international recognition, which means that in some exhibitions the St. Petersburg orchids can not participate or are allowed, only without obtaining any titles. But the owners are so fascinated by their favorites that they do not in the least cloud this situation.
Each country is proud of its breeds of dogs, derived on their territory. Naturally, the St. Petersburg orchid became a tourist attraction of the Northern capital and added to the list of breeds that appeared due to the efforts of Russian breeders. These dogs are created to be near to the person, to please with its presence and to cause a smile even on the most gloomy day.