Combing the dog daily, it's not difficult to notice the appeared scales, which are scattered white from the fur coat of the pet. This not only spoils the appearance of the dog, it looks neglected, but it also signals the owner to action. After all, dandruff in dogs reflects internal malfunctions in the body. The reasons for its appearance are diverse, so you do not need to guess: it will pass, it will not work, you should act. The most important thing is to determine the root cause of dandruff in dogs. This can help a veterinarian. So, why does the dog have dandruff?
The main causes of dandruff
The skin condition always reflects the internal state of the dog's body. The natural process for the skin is the death of the upper layer of cells and their constant renewal. But the process takes place in such a way that it is almost invisible to the naked eye. But when the mass peeling begins, which is difficult not to notice, it is necessary to look more closely at the animal: it may be unhealthy.
Consider the main causes leading to increased shattering of dead skin particles:
- One of the insignificant reasons that can be corrected by ourselves is over-dried air in the room. Often in the winter in the room, the air is warm and dry. This is facilitated by radiators that heat the room. Warming the air, they drain it. This leads the dogs to breathing problems, in addition, they suffer from the skin of their beloved pet. Hence the massive peeling, which frightens the owners and makes fur unattractive. Solve this problem is necessary. This makes it easier for a person to breathe, and the dog's skin will acquire an initial healthy appearance.
- Another circumstance leads to the appearance of dandruff - an inadequate food of the animal. If the pet's diet lacks the necessary vitamins , macro and microelements, this leads to a deterioration of health in general, and skin in particular. Hence the white coating, tight-fitting skin. It interferes with air exchange, the pores become clogged, which sometimes leads to hair loss. Some dog owners purchase dog food and believe that there should be no problems with the diet. This is absolutely wrong. For example, cheap feeds contain all sorts of flavors and dyes, causing food allergy , which can become an unwitting culprit for the appearance of dandruff.
- Dandruff appears in some breeds during moulting. This is a temporary phenomenon, so it is not worth worrying about. Thoroughly comb out the pet , and the skin will update pretty quickly.
- Some dogs are very susceptible to the world around them. Therefore, the transferred stress can also negatively affect their health. And this can also cause increased skin flaking and dandruff. Try not to bring the animal to stressful situations, it does not deserve it.
- Sometimes water flowing from the tap, or taken on the ground can lead to health problems. For themselves, people have learned to boil it, so why should an animal drink raw water? Water, recruited in areas with poor environmental conditions, leads to a deterioration in the health of the pet, the skin reacts to it instantly: dandruff appears, wolves can become unexpectedly worse. So we give water to the animal as to our child: bottled or boiled.
- Parasites that appear on the skin of the dog cause itchy skin. She starts to scratch hard, hence increasing the amount of dandruff. Coming from a walk, take the rule to check the animal for the presence of ticks and other parasites. This is especially true in the spring and summer days, when bloodsucking insects are activated and are engaged in the search for animals, which could be perfectly arranged. Ticks not only cause dandruff, but can cause more serious diseases that can lead to even death. Therefore, do not let the animals walk for a walk on the high grass in the park, and after a walk carefully comb out them and inspect them.
- Some owners overdo with pet washing . This can cause various skin problems , dandruff - one of them. The dog's coat does not need a weekly wash, the less often it is done, the better. With constant bathing, the natural fat is washed off from the skin, it becomes dry. And if you consider that shampoo is an additional aggressive factor, then the consequences can be sad.
- Hormonal problems in the body always go out, dandruff appears, the dog loses its hair. Therefore, if dandruff appears in large quantities and can not be eliminated, visit the veterinary clinic. Such diseases as diabetes mellitus or eczema can be detected only by a doctor and then after laboratory tests.
Treatment of dandruff in dogs
The first thing that must be done with the appearance of mass dandruff is to visit a veterinarian. Only after a series of studies can the correct diagnosis be made and the cause of the appearance of trouble on the skin is revealed.
If there are no special deviations in the health of the pet, you should look for the cause in the external environment. The dandruff, caused by dry air, which has appeared in the winter, is treated as follows.
The room is equipped with an air humidifier, you can also hang wet towels or sheets on radiators. In addition, when combing out the pet, the skin is moistened with special means. A brush for combing is selected, based on their parameters of the wool cover. It is necessary that it has a massage effect, then when combing, the microcirculation of the blood will improve, the skin will be updated more quickly, and the dandruff will disappear after a while.
If the pet eats store feed, try not to buy a series of economy class. Cheap feeds undermine the health of the dog, which affects the condition of its fur cover. And the best option is to switch to feeding with natural meat products. This will improve the appearance of the dog. Her hair will turn shiny and silky, and from dandruff there will be no trace.
Caring for the animal should be correct . Frequent bathing dogs are contraindicated. If the animal is dirty for a walk, its paws are washed in warm water, but the trunk, back and stomach are wiped with a damp cloth. This is enough to not break the balance. Then dandruff will not appear.
If hair ticks were found, then the work will increase a little. To do this, it is necessary to wash all the things with which the animal has dealt: rugs, bedding . And if he sleeps on the owner's bed, then the owner's bed linen. The brushes with which the animal is combed are also treated with boiling water. If a pet has toys, then they are also subjected to disinfecting measures.
When the cause of dandruff has become a problem with the skin, you can try shampoos that have a curative effect (for example, Nizoral or Seborin). After water procedures, the dog is dabbed with a towel or wrapped in it. But the use of a hair dryer for drying wool leads to a deterioration of the skin and coat, so it should be discarded.
Prevention is the proper care of the animal. Try to provide a pet with comfortable living conditions. Pay special attention to the diet. If there is no opportunity to buy premium food, then transfer the animal to a natural diet. In addition, it is possible to introduce vitamin complexes into the diet.
A dog, like a man, needs love and care. She needs the same amount of attention as the rest of the family. Careful attitude, careful care and care for the pet will avoid the appearance of not only dandruff, but also other serious diseases.