Pekingese - small fearless lions, who once lived exclusively in the royal chambers. Today, these lovely pets can be found all over the world, and interest in this breed does not fade. What is the secret of the popularity of this breed, and what should the future owners of the dog know about?
- История породы пекинес 1. History of the Pekingese breed
- Описание породы пекинес 2. Description of the breed Pekingese
- Окрасы пекинесов 3. Pekingese colors
- Темперамент и характер 4. Temperament and character
- Как дрессировать 5. How to train
- Уход и особенности содержания 6. Care and content features
- Чем кормить пекинеса 7. What to feed Pekingese
- Фото пекинеса 8. Photo of a Pekingese
- Видео о пекинесе 9. Video about Pekingese
- Стоимость щенков-пекинесов 10. Cost of Peking puppies
- Питомники пекинеса 11. Pekingese nurseries
History of the breed Pekingese
They are representatives of one of the oldest breeds of dogs that live on our planet. Scientists-archeologists found bronze ware, on which were depicted Pekingese, and their age is estimated at 4000 years. For centuries these crumbs lived exclusively in the imperial family and bred them only for these purposes. After all, according to the belief of those times, it was the Pekinese who was engaged in the protection of the emperor himself in the afterlife. Therefore, the tsar's person was buried only with his beloved pet.
When the British seized Peking in 1960, several thoroughbred representatives were brought from China, which were donated to the Queen of Great Britain Victoria and the Duchesses close to her. And the rest of the dogs were destroyed by the Chinese themselves.
It was from the royal dogs that the development of the breed began on the territory of Europe. A new round in the growth of its popularity came in the post-war period, and until now, Pekingese do not lose their positions.
Description of the breed Pekingese
Appearance of Pekingese can be called his business card, because it is quite original and unusual:
- Dogs have a large head , whose height is greater than the width. Skull wide, flattened. Despite the harsh transition from the frontal lobe to the face, the doggies are pretty pretty. Particular attention is attracted to the eyes - they are huge, round in shape, have black eyelids. Lips with a tight fit, and the nose ends in a large, flat lobe with a black pigment. Ears heart-shaped, with long hair, hang down.
- Pekingese has a short, thick neck , a powerful front part of the trunk. The edges are convex, the back creates a straight line. The thorax is wide, and the limbs that are posterior, the forelegs are sturdy and short. Paws flattened, slightly turned around.
- The tail of Pekingese is chic - it is highly planted, lies on its back and is decorated with long, thick wool.
- Wool also forms an enviable mane in the area of the shoulders and neck, this peculiarity makes the representatives of the breed look like lions. In addition, an elongated coat is also present on the back of the body - limbs. Undercoat in dogs is plentiful, dense.
If we talk about generally accepted standards, they determine the following parameters of the breed: the minimum growth at the withers is 15 cm, the maximum growth is 10 cm higher. Weight can fluctuate within 2.5-5.5 kg.
The traditional color of the representatives of this breed is red. But also often in the territory of Russia began to meet individuals with pale or gray hair. It should be noted that for those who wish to receive offspring from their pups with a certain color, this is unlikely to work. After all, in dogs there are genes of different colors in the DNA.
Dogs of black, red, sand, spotted, mottled, gray and white are allowed in the European Standard. The Czech specialists in felinology note, mainly, the presence of a white spot on the parietal region and symmetrical spots of dark color in dogs with a colorful color. And also there should be a dark mask at all colors, except for snow-white. In American and English cynologists, the presence of a mask is not a priority, but they agree that it adorns the appearance of Pekingese.
Temperament and character
Despite the compact, miniature sizes, Pekingese have leadership instincts and quite often they are shown to owners or other pets. They are fearless, but in their nature there is no natural aggression. They are very devoted to their owners. But among the hard-hitting qualities, one can note a certain arrogance, which is not surprising, considering their "royal" roots, and also a rare stubbornness.
Representatives of this breed are recommended to purchase as pets elderly and inactive people, home-grown. And here to sportsmen, hunters and fans of office dogs such little dogs hardly will approach. As for the attitude of Chinese pets to children, there is no consensus. It all depends on various factors, but often they are not very affectionate with younger family members, although they do not offend.
The overall picture is that the Pekingese are dogs with a calm and balanced temperament. Although the doggies can show "who is in the house", but they can be kept with other dogs and even with representatives of felines and smaller pets. After all, these dogs do not have the hunting instinct in their blood.
Yes, the dogs have a rich fur coat, however, they can not be kept on the street, because, despite some independence and arrogance, they can fully grow and develop only near their family members. In this case, the animal will have a healthy psyche. The pet is always ready to protect his master, and the size of the offender is not important to him, even if it is the person who came as a guest. Therefore, the dog needs to be educated, and from the very beginning of the appearance in the house.
How to train
Stubbornness and some wilfulness can complicate the learning process, however, with the right approach, you can get excellent results. After all, thanks to a long life near a man, Pekingese are the owners of high intelligence. Among the main nuances are the following:
- Classes should be regular and conducted according to the established schedule. At home, it is better to do after sleep, but before eating. On the street - only after the dog bypasses the usual places and does all the "tricks."
- Training should pass on increasing - from simple to complex. But training should not exhaust the pet.
- It is necessary not to hide emotions and rejoice at any, even small success of the pet. Happy owner - happy Pekingese, any encouragement doggie will accept with gratitude.
- It is necessary to be firm and to achieve what you desire. For these dogs, this is one of the main conditions for training and education, because it is worth conceding a couple of times, and the pet will use it all the time.
- Pekeses are very talented and versatile. They can surprise their owners with dances, songs, amazing tricks. It is only necessary to look at and fix skills.
- To the dog of this breed unconditionally obeyed, the owner must have an indisputable authority in her eyes. After all, Pekingese does not just live side by side with a person, but also takes an example from him. And if the owner can not become a leader in the family, then this place will quickly take the pet. And it is difficult to force the "emperor" to obey.
Care and content features
The advantage of the breed is that Pekingese do not require long walks. In addition, dogs are very harmful long-term exposure to sunlight, since overheating for them is dangerous. Provide her with comfortable living conditions is not difficult, the doggies are compact and do not require a lot of space.
But here's a luxury fur coat care, and regular. It should be often combed out so that it does not become tangled, and cut the areas around the pads. Bathe Pekingese infrequently, enough 2-3 times a year. Also, the dog needs to periodically claw claws, wipe the wet wad of wrinkles, which are formed in the nose and clean the ears.
Particular attention is required by the eyes of Pekingese, which is due to their convexity and the shape of the muzzle. At the first signs - redness, the appearance of secretions and other things, you need to treat the eyes with a special remedy and go to the vet, because the likelihood of complications is high.
Sexual maturity in Pekingese occurs very quickly - at 7-10 months. However, males are recommended a little later. And here it is desirable to knit at once, from the first estrus. The thing is that young individuals have better offspring and give birth, unlike more mature mothers. In dogs with age, the skeleton is somewhat modified, and often females give birth through cesarean section. Pregnancy in female Pekingese lasts from 53 to 71 days. Since puppies have a large head that may not correspond to the size of the genital tract, it is recommended that the veterinarian be present at birth.
In general, Pekingese by definition are pets and require special treatment. They like to be in the center of attention and be aware of the events, therefore from their place all housing or even doors should be looked through. You can put a mattress on your pet, make a special couch or even a house. As already mentioned, this is a 100% pet that will feel good both in a private house and in an apartment. The main thing is for him to be comfortable here.
How to feed a Pekingese
Health and beautiful hair - it all depends not only on grooming, but also on proper nutrition. Pekingese can be fed both production food and natural food. In the first case, it should be a product that belongs to the category of premium or super-primitive . In the second, the diet should be balanced independently and include the following products:
- low-fat meat in raw form;
- boiled fish (only sea);
- dairy products: low-fat, sugar-free and supplements;
- chicken egg - boiled, scrambled eggs;
- cereals - oatmeal, buckwheat, rice.
- vegetables, fruits, greens.
If the owner prefers to feed natural products, then periodically the pet will need vitamin and mineral supplements. On this issue it is better to consult a veterinarian.
More details about feeding Pekingese .
Video about Pekingese
Cost of Peking puppies
Pekingese - a pretty expensive breed, but here everything is ambiguous. For example, a puppy without a pedigree can be purchased for 5000-8000 rubles. The price of the offspring with the documents depends on the class: the pet of the pet class costs from 10,000 rubles; Brit-class - from 20,000 rubles; show-class - by 5000-10000 rubles more. There are also more expensive representatives - puppies of dogs with different foreign titles. Their cost can reach 60,000 rubles.
Pekingese is an amazing, proud dog that from the very beginning of the appearance of the breed is called to be a companion and companion of man. And she quite succeeded in this, becoming not just a pet, but a darling and even a family member.