Dogs have lived with man for thousands of years, harmoniously fitting into the latter's way of life. Yes, four-legged friends take a lot from their owners, but it's impossible to completely change physiology. This must be remembered when the pet lays and languishes in the eyes, puts your paw on your knee, and applies various clever tricks to solicit sweetness. Can dogs be given a sweet tooth? The answer is simple. You can not! Why? Let's understand
Sugar for dogs
This product and all its derivatives beckon animals with a magnet and, after trying once, many dogs after can not stop. They begin to react to the rustling of candy wrappers, do an "audit" on the master's table, "share" delicacies with younger members of the family.
Many owners, not treating the dog in the ordinary life with sweets, still do it with encouragement. I must say that in this case the harm from the product is the same, the dog can become a "sweetie" and demand more and more delicacies. And considering that during the intensive training the dog can receive encouragement 10 times and more, it is difficult to imagine what a colossal harm the pet will receive.
For example, 10 cubes of refined sugar is a huge dose even for a person. If the dog moves a lot, then it can avoid obesity, otherwise, the pet will significantly spoil the figure. But, even avoiding excess weight, the body of the animal will overload the filtering systems and after a couple of years the dog can become a diabetic.
There are some products that are really suitable for dressing, but sweets are not included in their number.
- what kind of cereals can be given to dogs ;
- than to feed the dog properly ;
- than you can not feed the dog .
Harmful sweets for dogs and puppies
But not only sugar is harmful, many sweet treats, for one reason or another, are not recommended to give four-legged pets. The list of prohibited products includes the following:
- Chocolate. Theobromine, which a person saves from a depressed mood, for dogs is a real poison. This is due to the fact that the animal's body is not able to excrete this substance, and the component simply accumulates in the body. And in large quantities, it becomes toxic. First of all, theobromine affects the central nervous system, the dog begins to behave inadequately, then the heart muscle suffers. One tile of a quality product can kill an animal in 3-4 hours!
- Xylitol. This sweetener is a polyhydric alcohol, included in most sweets. Its high content is chewing gum, which dogs are often picked up on the street.
- Grapes and raisins. Sweet fruit, which for dogs is toxic, in addition, it can cause the processes of fermentation in the intestines of the animal.
- Sweet Acorn. Not only pigs love this product, but some dogs can pick up such sweet delicacy from the ground. However, acorns include gallotanin, a poisonous substance used in medicine and industry, not related to food production.
- Citrus. Although in most cases the dogs themselves refuse such a treat, there are exceptions. If a pet likes it, you should know that this group of fruits is a powerful allergen.
- Cherry, cherry, persimmon. Harm is caused not by the fruits themselves, but by their bones, which can cause inflammation in the small intestine. And this, in turn, often leads to intestinal obstruction.
- Yeast dough. Sometimes people can eat raw dough, this happens when there are deficiencies of components that are contained in yeast. But you can not give it to dogs, since its swelling in the stomach can cause severe pain in the animal. In addition, yeasts produce toxins that adversely affect the animal's body.
- Avocado. This exotic fruit is poorly tolerated by many pets, for example, poultry, horses, rabbits. The fact is that the avocado contains persin - a toxic component. And although the dogs with its tolerability are better, fruit can cause stomach upset.
In addition, in this list, you can safely enter products with flavors, dyes, emulsifiers and components for conservation.
Why the dog asks for sweetness
If the pet suddenly flushed with passion for harmful products, then it is worth taking a closer look at its diet. Perhaps this is a sign of not taste preferences, but a signal about the problems:
- a sudden desire to eat "inedible", and for an animal sugar can be attributed to this section, can arise due to a deficiency of vitamin and mineral components;
- In addition, this behavior is caused by a lack of carbohydrate food in the diet;
- this can arise if the dog eats mainly meat.
It is worth noting that sweet food is not able to solve the problem. But there are a number of products that contain natural sugars and can be included in the dog's menu, naturally, in moderation.
It will be useful:
Useful sweets for dogs
The list of acceptable delicacies includes the following:
- root vegetables and other vegetables - carrots, young potatoes, pumpkin, turnip, rutabaga, you can also give beetroot, but it has a lax effect;
- bananas - rich in fiber, vitamins B, C and potassium (a large number can cause constipation);
- apples - contain useful substances, their hardness and fibrous structure are beneficial for the teeth (but the seeds and the middle contain cyanide, so it is desirable to clean apples before giving the pet);
- melons and melons - many dogs like water, but they can be given little by little, since the watermelon overloads the kidneys, and the melon is heavily digested;
- honey is a product rich in vitamins and trace elements, and if it does not cause allergic reactions, it can become a treat for the pet.
In general, the dog's organism differs significantly from the human, so before treating the pet, it is worthwhile to find out, but will the product harm the four-footed friend?