Dogs are no longer one thousand years living with a man, harmoniously fitting into the latter. Yes, four-legged friends take a lot from their owners, but it's impossible to completely change the physiology. This must be remembered when your beloved pet sits and languidly looks into your eyes, puts your paw on your knee, and applies various clever tricks to solicit sweetness. Can dogs give sweets? The answer is simple. It is impossible! Why? Let's understand
Sugar for dogs
This product and all its derivatives attract animals with a magnet and, having tried once, many dogs cannot stop afterwards. They begin to react to the rustling of candy wrappers, do a "revision" on the master's table, "share" delicacies with younger family members.
Many owners, without treating a dog in everyday life with sweets, still do it with encouragement. I must say that in this case the harm from the product is the same; the dog may become “sweetened” and demand more and more goodies. And given that during an intensified workout, a dog may receive a reward 10 times or more, it is difficult to imagine the enormous harm a pet will receive.
For example, 10 cubes of refined sugar is a huge dose, even for humans. If the dog moves a lot, then he will be able to avoid obesity, otherwise, the pet will significantly spoil the shape. But, even having avoided excess weight, an overload of filtering systems will occur in the animal's body and after a couple of years the dog may become diabetic.
There are some products that are really suitable for dressing, but sweets are not included in their number.
Harmful sweets for dogs and puppies
But not only sugar is harmful, many sweet delicacies, for one reason or another, are not recommended to give to four-legged pets. The following is included in the list of prohibited products:
- Chocolate. Theobromine, which saves a person from a depressive mood, is a real poison for dogs. This is due to the fact that the animal's body is unable to excrete this substance, and the component simply accumulates in the body. And in large quantities, it becomes toxic. First of all, theobromine affects the central nervous system, the dog begins to behave inadequately, then the heart muscle suffers. One tile of a quality product can kill an animal in 3-4 hours!
- Xylitol. This sweetener is a polyhydric alcohol, included in most sweets. Its high content is different chewing gum, which dogs often pick up on the street.
- Grapes and raisins. A sweet fruit that is toxic to dogs, it can also cause fermentation processes in the intestines of an animal.
- Sweet acorn. Not only pigs love this product, but some dogs can pick up such a sweet treat from the ground. However, the composition of acorns includes gallotanin - a toxic substance used in medicine and industry, not related to food production.
- Citrus. Although in most cases the dogs themselves refuse such a treat, there are exceptions. If your pet treats like, you should know that this group of fruit is a powerful allergen.
- Cherries, cherries, persimmons. The harm is caused not by the fruit itself, but by their bones, which can cause an inflammatory process in the small intestine. And this, in turn, often leads to intestinal obstruction.
- Yeast dough. Sometimes people can eat raw dough, this happens when there is a shortage of ingredients that are contained in yeast. But it is impossible to give it to dogs, as its swelling in the stomach can cause severe pain in an animal. In addition, yeast secretes toxins that negatively affect the body of the animal.
- Avocado. This exotic fruit is poorly tolerated by many domestic animals, for example, poultry, horses, rabbits. The fact is that avocado contains persin, a toxic component. Although things are better in dogs with its tolerance, the fruit can cause an upset stomach.
In addition, products with flavoring agents, colorants, emulsifiers and components for preservation can be easily entered into this list.
Why does a dog ask for sweetness
If the pet suddenly inflamed with a passion for harmful products, then you should pay attention to his diet. Perhaps this is not a sign of taste preferences, but a signal of problems:
- a sudden desire to eat "inedible", and for animal sugar can be attributed to this section, may occur due to a deficiency of vitamin and mineral components;
- in addition, this behavior is caused by a lack of carbohydrate foods in the diet;
- This can occur if the dog eats mainly meat.
It is worth noting that sweet food is not able to solve the problem. But there are a number of products that contain natural sugars and can be included in the dog's menu, naturally, in moderation.
It will be useful:
Useful sweets for dogs
The list of acceptable treats includes the following:
- root vegetables and other vegetables - carrots, new potatoes, pumpkin, turnips, turnips, can also be given beets, but it has a weakening effect;
- bananas are rich in fiber, vitamins B, C and potassium (a large amount can cause constipation);
- apples - contain nutrients, their hardness and fibrous structure are beneficial for the teeth (but the seeds and the middle contain cyanide, so it is advisable to peel the apples before giving them to the pet);
- melons - watermelons and melons, many dogs love, but you can give them a little, because the watermelon overloads the kidneys, and the melon is hard to digest;
- Honey is a product rich in vitamins and trace elements, and if it does not cause allergic reactions, it can become a treat for the pet.
In general, the dog's body is significantly different from the human, so before you treat a pet, you should know, and if the product does not harm the four-legged friend?