A pet needs a separate place, suitable for rest and sleep. And experts recommend buying a dog lounger - a comfortable and cozy place that the dog will definitely appreciate. It can be purchased at the pet store or you can do it yourself, given the preferences of your four-legged friend.
- Основные рекомендации по выбору лежака 1. Basic recommendations for choosing a sunbed
- Лежак для собаки из ткани с бортиками 2. Dog bed made of fabric with sides
- Лежак из старого свитера 3. Sunbed from an old sweater
- Как сделать лежак из поддонов своими руками 4. How to make a lounger from pallets with your own hands
Basic recommendations for choosing a sunbed
Before you begin to manufacture the product, you should heed the advice of experienced dog breeders:
- The first thing you need to take a measure, because tailoring a sunbed "by the eye" may be useless - the wrong size will lead to the fact that the dog will lie anywhere, but not in its place; it is better to do this when the pet is free to stretch out on the floor.
- If we are talking about a bed for a puppy, then it is worthwhile to double the received measurements or to tune in to a quick remake of the product;
- It is necessary to take into account the pet's favorite pose, used for sleeping - if the dog prefers to rest, curled up, then the ideal shape of the lounger in this case is oval or round. If the dog in a dream is pulled out, or turned over on its back, then the bed should be rectangular.
- Most dogs love to observe others, but there are also such breeds that need a secluded spot. In this case, it is worth considering the closed options. This is mainly for small dogs.
Sunbed for dogs from fabric with sides
This is a fairly common option lounger for dogs, which often has an oval or round shape. But you can also use the patterns for a rectangular model. From the tools you need all that is necessary for sewing. You also need a filler, it can be made of padding polyester, silicone, dry sawdust, foam rubber and other suitable materials.
To build a pattern, you can take a paper or paper. It is desirable to take fabric dense, steady against attrition through which the filler will not get out. You can immediately sew a few pillowcases of lighter fabric, which can be periodically changed.
The pattern of the product is copied onto paper, cut out and cut around on the fabric with crayon. The resulting parts are cut and sewn, but do not forget about the holes that are needed to fill parts of the bed. First of all, you should make the bottom, and then proceed to the implementation of the boards.
Sunbed from an old sweater
Very often, cozy, warm things are unnecessary. The reasons may be different - the sweater lost its shape, went out of fashion, ceased to fit in size ... But you can not get rid of it, but give it a second life. For the manufacture of lounger, you need to prepare scissors, threads, needles, two pillows, and, in fact, an unnecessary sweater.
It is necessary to remove the filler from one pillow. The neckline is cut from the sweater; if not, the neckline is simply sutured. After the sweater is stitched from one sleeve to another. A pillow is inserted into the product, and the bottom of the sweater is recommended to be sewn. Sewn sleeves must be filled with viscera, taken out of one pillow. Comfortable lounger ready! If desired, you can make an additional cover, which is periodically removed for washing.
See more options in the article: laying for dogs .
How to make a lounger from pallets with your own hands
Today, design ideas have no boundaries and you can find the most diverse furniture made from ordinary pallets. In that case, why not use them to make a great place for your beloved pet? In addition to the wooden base - pallet, you will need the following:
- nails with a hammer;
- grinding tool - sandpaper or sander;
- a pillow of a suitable size;
- simple pencil;
- tool for ripping nails;
Making lounger begins with the analysis of the pallet. Nails are carefully pulled out of it, but this should be done so that the tree remains intact. Then boards are sawn, according to the available measurements. By the way, determining the size, you can draw a simple drawing that will help in assembling the structure.
First, the side pieces stray, they must be absolutely identical. If you take three boards, then the lounger get higher. Reiki are nailed to the edge of the boards. To arrange the rear wall, you need three boards, which are nailed through the slats. For the manufacture of face strips need one board. This place will play the role of an entrance, so the wall will be somewhat lower.
The resulting design is subjected to thorough grinding. Strong zeal is not worth it, but to rid the wood of the rough layer is necessary. In the frame you can put a mattress or a pillow and offer your pet to try out new furniture. By the way, there is always the opportunity to show imagination and decorate the frame, apply patterns or inscriptions, cover with a layer of varnish. But this is solely at the request of the owner.
A hand-made lounger that takes into account the needs of a dog will definitely be appreciated. After all, dogs are the most grateful and devoted creatures who know how to appreciate care and attention.