As with humans, in dogs, the skin is an important organ that performs many functions, it protects the body, keeps the temperature regime, etc. The skin interacts with all internal organs, and quite often when a violation of their activity, signs of malfunction appear on its surface. Red spots on the belly of a dog can be both a harmless phenomenon and a symptom of a serious disease, the veterinarian can best understand the situation.
- Причины появления красного пятна на животе у собаки 1. Causes of a red stain on the abdomen of a dog
- Симптомы 2. Symptoms
- Диагностика 3. Diagnostics
- Лечение заболеваний, вызывающих покраснение кожи 4. Treatment of diseases that cause redness of the skin
Causes of a red stain on the abdomen of a dog
Among the most common conditions, accompanied by the appearance of red spots on the skin of animals, we can note the following:
- allergic dermatitis - occurs for a variety of reasons, more often due to the use of allergenic foods or medications;
- multiple bites of insects, feeding poor-quality feeds;
- dandruff - the appearance of white flakes on the coat, a whitish coating on the skin is often accompanied by reddening of the affected areas; the condition requires treatment, but it is prescribed only after a comprehensive diagnosis;
- development of helminthic invasion;
- dermatological diseases - non-contagious, unexplained origin (eczema, psoriasis), contagious - lichen, scabies, etc .;
- infection caused by streptococcus;
- plague of animals, etc.
Quite often a reddish rash on the abdomen occurs against the background of infection of the dog with fleas or ticks, it appears on the places of bites.
In addition, redness on the skin can be a sign of a nervous breakdown. A dog that has undergone stress (being alone for a long time, after the change of the owner, after the attack of another animal, etc.), can be itchy, literally tearing out the coat, then licking the wounds for a long time. In this situation, the risks of joining a secondary infection that enters the body through damaged areas are high.
Red spots in the peritoneum can appear without any apparent cause. Most often they cause uncomfortable sensations, the dog starts combing the affected skin.
The rash can cover the skin and other areas, but, as a rule, because of the coat, it can not be accidentally noticed. Therefore, with spots on the abdomen, it is worthwhile to thoroughly examine the dog. Most pathological disorders in the body cause a whole complex of symptoms, in addition to rashes:
- the dog is restless and often itches;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- the ear can become inflamed;
- skin is covered with dandruff;
- there are bald patches, hair can fall off abundantly.
Similar signs indicate the presence of the disease, which means that veterinary assistance is required. It is not recommended to treat the pet by itself, since in the case of a bacterial or viral etiology of the disease, the risks of complications are high, up to a lethal outcome.
To save a pet from an unpleasant phenomenon, it is required to find out its causes. To do this, the veterinarian conducts a comprehensive diagnostic examination:
- First of all, he examines the animal, including in the area of skin damage;
- The second step is to interview the owner: the owner should clearly answer the questions and describe the signs of the disease that have arisen from the pet as accurately as possible;
- a number of urine and blood tests are prescribed;
- with certain signs, a biopsy can be recommended, a test is performed to detect allergies, scrapes of particles from the affected skin.
In some cases, for example, when fleas are detected, a specialist can prescribe therapy without waiting for the results of the tests.
Watch the video about the red spots in the dog:
Treatment of diseases that cause redness of the skin
Therapy directly depends on what caused the appearance of spots:
- Allergy . First of all, the contact of the animal with an allergic substance is excluded / restricted. At first it is recommended to feed the pet with a special hypoallergenic diet. The specialist can prescribe medications with antihistamine action.
- Sweat . In summer hot weather the skin of a dog can become covered with a reddish rash. Most often, it appears in the abdomen, the auricles, groin, in the skin folds. The dog sometimes does not react to such skin manifestations, but suffers from a strong thirst and is excessively sluggish. If the owner properly does not respond to this phenomenon, then the pet has wetting scabs, which eventually start to get stuck and smell bad. To avoid any consequences, care must be taken to ensure that the pet can be cooled during high heat. Walk it preferably in the morning and late evening hours, provide round the clock access to clean drinking water. A dog with skin folds is recommended to wipe with a cloth moistened with water. To lubricate the areas with a rash, you can use lotion Calamine or Hydrocortisone ointment.
- Bites of external parasites . The spots, which have a bright red hue, in some cases are the result of bites of parasites. The easiest way to take care of preventive measures is to handle the pet in a timely manner with special means or wear an anti-collar collar. If the infection does occur, treatment is also necessary. In addition, if the tick is doused in the skin, it will be necessary to remove it.
If the owner can cope with the previous conditions of the dog on his own, then in the following cases, compulsory veterinary care is required:
- Infection caused by pathogenic fungi . At the given infections at the dog reddish specks the inguinal part and a bottom of a peritoneum are covered. The dog shows anxiety in the process of emptying the bladder and violently combs the affected area. Without treatment, reddening is modified into ulceration, also affecting the cushions of the paws, the nose of the nose, and the mucous membrane of the mouth. Pathogenic fungi are insidious pathogens, therefore it is not recommended to treat the disease on their own. The veterinarian prescribes a suitable antifungal agent based on the results of the diagnostic examination (blood and swab analysis). Before the pet is examined by a veterinarian, the affected area can be treated with a weak solution of Chlorhexidine or Miramistin.
- Ringworm . The disease is accompanied by the appearance of round red spots with even edges in the abdomen. In addition, on the hyperemic areas, the coat completely falls out, and the pet begins to worry and constantly itch. The first and only thing that is required from the owner is to isolate the infected animal, since ringworm is an infectious disease. The rest will be made by a veterinarian - will carry out a diagnosis and, in case of positive results, prescribe drugs with antifungal and immunomodulating action.
- Folliculitis . The causative agent of the infection is staphylococcus, which is localized in hair follicles and follicles. In addition, pathology often causes hypothyroidism. More often it is a secondary disease, usually affecting animals with short hair. When infected, the dog appears reddish papules on the abdomen and in the groin. From the affected areas, wool is removed and treatments are carried out with solutions with antibacterial effect. After identifying the root cause of folliculitis, the veterinarian prescribes suitable antibiotics or antiseptics for topical use.
- Tumor formation . If the palpation of the reddened area, there is a condensation, then, most likely, the animal developed a tumor. First of all, the doctor uses biopsy to determine whether it is a malignant or benign formation, and only then prescribes a therapy regimen. With cancer, the pet will have to undergo radiation or chemotherapy.
Redness in the abdomen of the quadruped friend, even if they are not signs of the disease, can cause him unpleasant sensations. Therefore, in any case, they require attention, and often with the help of a specialist.