When choosing a four-legged friend, the future owners not least pay attention to the fur coat - pets with short hair require much less care and do not need a haircut. What are the short-haired breeds of dogs that are very popular among lovers of these animals?
Small short-haired breeds
If we consider the general picture, today most breeders prefer small animals. They can be kept on modest living areas, take with them on trips and in the majority, small dogs live longer than giant ones . And even having chain dogs in the yard of the house, the owners do not deny themselves the pleasure of making a small hand dog - for the soul.
In the top most popular are the following small breeds:
- Smooth-haired chihuahua . Representatives of this breed are the smallest dogs, they are inferior in size even to cats. A large individual of Chihuahua weighs only 3.5 kg, which allows it to literally be worn on the hands and accustom to the tray. This is a decorative breed, the true origin of which is still shrouded in certain mysteries. Its representatives, despite their size, very brave, are distinguished by mobility, curiosity and developed intelligence. But during training they can be capricious, reminding the child, in this case patience and weasel will help.
- Russian toy. For many people, the name of the breed that is not used today is more usual: the toy terrier. But, however you call it, tuychiks are fine miniature companions, devoted and affectionate. Once the breed was taken out for the extermination of rodents, and eventually its representatives became smaller, but they did not lose their hunting skills. At home, they can play with a mouse-toy, and on the street to catch the real one. They are also "bells" and will always raise the alarm in case of danger.
- Pug . These are short-haired dogs with an original appearance - a flattened muzzle and large eyes. At one time they were the favorites of Queen Victoria, and before that - the Chinese aristocracy. These pets need constant attention from the owner, are rather lazy and cunning. Pugs love to cuddle, to be with their host all the time. Their intelligence and ability to imitate makes the learning process quite enjoyable and even for the beginner. Owners should definitely consider the fact that dogs of this breed do not tolerate low and high temperatures, and are also prone to obesity.
- Dwarf pinscher. Like all pinschers, the smallest of them (they are also called zwergpinschers) are also very active, mobile and inquisitive. They like to play, run and learn new skills. And the independence of dogs allows them not to lose heart, when there is no one to communicate with. Unlike some small breeds, dwarf pinschers have a strong psyche and are not nervous over trifles. Once there were magnificent rat-catchers, today pinschers are companions. In addition, despite their modest dimensions, they have protective qualities.
- Dachshund . There are several breed varieties of dachshund - dwarf and rabbit, and they are all popular. This is a normal breed with exclusively hunting instincts, which determines their appearance - an elongated trunk with short, strong paws. Dogs are active and need long walks. They are very hardy, sociable and obedient. But if the pet is offended, he will remember it for a long time. At certain moments it becomes arrogant and willful. Like other hunters, taxes do not get along very well with small domestic animals.
Short-haired dogs of medium size
In this category, you can meet dogs of almost any orientation - hunters, companions, rescuers:
- Sharpei. The oldest Chinese breed, bred before the beginning of our era. Looking at its modern representatives, it is difficult to imagine that once the shar pei were meant for fights. Many people are attracted by the amazing appearance of dogs - their skin forms deep folds. But it is worth taking into consideration that training a pet can cause difficulties - dogs often show obstinacy, deciding that they need to know what to do. And, in general, they are the kindest, cleverest dogs, perfectly suited as a family pet. Sharpei gets along with almost everyone, but he treats a stranger distrustfully, so he can exhibit protective qualities.
- Labrador Retriever . The researchers were not able to find out the exact origin of the breed, but there are some reports that their ancestors were once assistants to the Indians of North America in the fishing business. And having got to Europe, Labradors showed themselves in various areas - hunting, transportation of goods, they saved people and guarded. But a modern Labrador Retriever is more of a companion, intelligent, intelligent and friendly. The dog is suitable for families with children, since it does not have a gene for aggression and is well trained. Because of the love for everyone around, the Labrador does not show disbelief, and therefore can not be a good watchman.
- Dalmatian . Another mysterious breed of origin, existing since time immemorial. But at the same time, its representatives are extremely popular and do not lose their positions. In their history, these animals played the role of a "carriage" dog, accompanying crews, later they were assistants to firemen, were used as service dogs. Also worth mentioning is their role in the photomodelling business and cinema - their graceful becoming and unique colors here have been appreciated. It is worth noting that the Dalmatian is a friend, if not a member of the family, with his own strengths and weaknesses. The dog is happy to be with the family, but if the kids behave too familiarly, they can show irritability. Needs socialization, because without proper education, the dog can become timid.
- Bulldog. Representatives of this breed have a rather fierce appearance, because once they participated in hunting for large predators and battles with bulls. But a modern bulldog is a dearest, most faithful creature with a huge heart. There are many varieties of the breed, but most often you can meet a French or English bulldog , which combine watchful skills and excellent companion qualities. They get along well with children, unobtrusive and fit even for a small apartment.
- American Pit Bullierrier . One of the most ambiguous breeds, still not accepted internationally, but enjoying great popularity. Pitbulls were withdrawn as fighting dogs, but today they are used in sports, in the service - they are able to detect drugs and explosives. The breed is quite specific and does not suit everyone, since it requires mandatory early socialization, vocational training and upbringing.
Large and giant short-haired breeds
The larger the dog, the greater the responsibility of the owners. In addition, large pets need more space and food. However, in some situations, no one will do the job better. Among the large breeds, the following are popular:
- Rottweiler . Fortresses with a harsh appearance were withdrawn in Germany as human assistants. The main function of the Rottweilers was the transfer of livestock to the slaughterhouse, so they were called "butchers" dogs. They were not only to watch the cattle, but to collect it in the herd, to see that no one fought off and even squeezed the raging bulls. And for this they needed to have developed intelligence, remarkable strength and courage. Naturally, today this is not required of dogs, but due to their endurance, ability to make decisions and courage, they found a lot of other uses. Rottweilers can be found in the army ranks, police station or on the border. They are excellent guards, besides, they are suitable for being companions.
- Mastino neapolitano. Neapolitan mastiffs today are not so many, but they are distributed around the world and are very much appreciated. The breed is very ancient and used for a long time as watchmen. Naturally, these qualities of mastino in the blood. The dog has a very colorful appearance and, having met with the attacker nose to nose, this will be enough for a person to change his plans. Dogs of this breed do not really favor strangers, this must be taken into account while waiting for guests. And at home, this is a gentle, balanced and playful pet.
- German Great Dane . It's not just giants - the representatives of this breed are considered to be the tallest in the world. Dogs are surprisingly elegant dogs, one appearance of which causes admiration and respect. They are confident in their own strength, so they do not react to irritants that are unworthy of attention. Owners are sure - kinder, affectionate, more faithful creatures are hard to find. Of course, like other large breeds, the Great Dane needs good care and nutrition, it is much more difficult to maintain the health of large dogs than smaller dogs.
- The Boxer . At one time the popularity of the breed literally went off scale, and its representatives could be found in every house. Today, the interest is somewhat extinguished, but this is more a general trend. Once these dogs performed hunting functions - they caught up with the game and held it until the hunters arrived in time. And looking at the formidable appearance of the boxer, you will believe - such a dog will definitely hold. And even earlier - were fighters. However, thanks to the long selection, the boxers managed to get rid of aggression, making them friendly and contact dogs, while retaining their physical qualities. The dog does not trust strangers, so these dogs are used for protection and protection. But in the family he is a cheerful, simple-minded pet who does not know how to cunning and cunning.
Tiny, giant, medium-sized - all of them are united only by a short coat and devotion to their family. It does not matter whether it is a working dog or a sofa, each of them has an individuality, requires attention and care. And then communication with his four-legged friend will bring only pleasure, regardless of the breed and other qualities.