Owners of dogs, deciding to feed their four-sided friend with production diets, are faced with a problem, which feed to choose, so that the pet gets everything they need, and there are no health problems? First of all, you should pay attention to high-quality quality products. Hills dog food is considered one of the best in this segment - pet owners, breeders and veterinarians trust it. What is the reason for the popularity of these rations and what should dog breeders know about them?
- Что известно о производителе? 1. What is known about the manufacturer?
- Ассортимент Хиллс – есть из чего выбрать 2. Range Hills - there is plenty to choose from
- Анализ состава 3. Analysis of the composition
- О плюсах и минусах рационов Хиллс 4. On the pros and cons of rations Hills
- Мнение потребителей и ветеринаров 5. Opinion of consumers and veterinarians
- Сколько стоят рационы Хиллс? 6. How much do Hills rations cost?
What is known about the manufacturer?
For nearly a hundred years, the Hills trademark has been specializing in the manufacture and sale of pet food. During this time, the manufacturer has proven that its products deserve attention. Hill's Pet Nutrition was formed in 1907 in the United States, and initially it was lost amid hundreds of similar, unremarkable brands.
The breakthrough came later - in the 60s, when one of the owners of the company, enlisting the help of a veterinarian, took up the development of specialized diets, called the "Scientific Diet". The result was so great that the first product in that line, Prescription Diet k / d, is still present in the Hills assortment.
Having achieved their first success, the Hills owners took the idea of “healthy” nutrition as the basis for their production by launching extensive marketing activities to promote veterinary and medicinal food.
Today, products of this brand can be found in hundreds of countries around the world. At the end of the 20th century, the company entered the larger group Colgate-Palmolive.
Range Hills - there is plenty to choose from
Producers of rations, from the time of their formation, do not cease to please their customers by developing all new rations that satisfy the needs of even the most fastidious. The brand includes four specialized series, each of which is focused on a specific category of dogs.
Hills science plan
Feed in this series are complete daily rations. In it you can find food for dogs of various ages, breeds and characteristics of the body:
- Kanin Edalt Advanced Fitness - can be recommended for dogs of any breed, designed to stimulate the digestive system and the development of muscle tissue.
- Kanin Edalt Advanced Fitness Large Breed is a balanced food for large dogs that cares about the state of muscle and joint tissue.
- Kanin Edalt Advanced Fitness Mini is a recipe suitable for adult dogs weighing no more than 15 kg.
- Kanin Edalt Light is an excellent food for pets who love to eat; with its regular use, the dog will not gain extra kilos.
- Kanin Edalt Perfect Veit - food, taking care of the "figure" of the pet and ensuring a long, healthy life; Owners can choose a diet for small or medium dogs.
- Kanin Edalt Performance is a special diet for “working” dogs - servicemen, rescuers, athletes, hunters, etc.
- Kanin Edalt Sensitive Skin is a food suitable for animals with sensitive skin, especially if they are often concerned with itching, dryness, redness, etc.
- Kanin Edalt Sensetiv Stamak - diet contains a lot of fiber, which improves digestion.
- Kanin Edalt Smol & Miniatures - suitable for small and tiny dogs, maintaining the health of the oral cavity, skin and digestive tract.
- Canine Mature Adult 5+ Active Longevity ™ Large Breed - feeding this diet allows large pets over 5 years of age to maintain activity, muscle tone and improve overall condition.
- Canine Mature Adult 7+ Active Longevity - this food should be paid attention to owners of older dogs; There are several formulas for pets of various sizes.
- Puppy Healthy Development - three rations for regular feeding of puppies - for representatives of small, medium, as well as large breeds and giants.
- Puppy Small & Miniature - food provides all the necessary puppies of decorative breeds of small sizes.
Hills prescription diet
The feeds of this line are dietary, intended for animals suffering from any diseases affecting the heart, digestive, urinary system. In addition, it includes dog food with obesity and dermatological ailments:
- Multicare Caninec / d - a diet that protects dogs from recurrent urolithiasis.
- Canined / d - food that improves the condition of the pet, which is disturbed by unpleasant signs of allergic reactions.
- Caninet / d - like food allows you to maintain a healthy mouth of the animal.
- Canineu / d - a diet that supports the health of dogs with urolithiasis.
- Caninew / d - food that keeps the dog's optimal weight.
- Caninez / d - this menu is adapted for animals that often have allergic reactions.
- Derm Defense Canine is a diet that reduces the effects of allergens in the environment.
- Canineh / d - this food is recommended for feeding dogs suffering from heart diseases.
- i / d Canine Low Fat - recipe containing a small amount of fat, is shown to normalize the work of the digestive system.
- ii / d Canine Stress Mini - small dogs are often stressful, which causes digestive disorders, so this food is suitable for pets.
- Caninej / d is a diet that supports articular, bone and cartilage tissue, which improves their condition.
- k / d Canine Original - health food for dogs with kidney disease.
- l / d Canine - a special diet for pets with liver disease.
- Metabolic + Mobility Canine Original is a formulation designed to reduce the body weight of an animal and increase its activity.
- Metabolic Canine Original is another food that takes care of the good shape of the pet.
Dog owners should be aware that feeding a pet with therapeutic diets is not recommended for good reason. It is desirable that a similar veterinarian appointed food, based on the condition of the animal.
Hills Nature´s Best
The line of these feeds is designed in such a way that it includes only natural ingredients of high quality and balanced vitamin-mineral ingredients. The main goal is to strengthen the immune system of the dog and activate all body systems:
- Kanin Edalt Large Breed / Giant - food that meets the nutritional needs of an adult representative of a large or giant breed, you can feed from 12 months.
- Kanin Edald Mini / Medium - natural food of dogs from 12 months, small or medium size.
Hills ideal balance
This series is still one product - Kanin Edalt No Grain. The recipe does not include cereals, the feed is intended as a daily food for adult animals from 12 months to 7 years.
Hills is a large assortment of rations, each of which is developed according to an individual recipe. However, to find out whether the products correspond to the stated super-premium class, it is enough to disassemble the composition of one of them, for example, Hill's Science Plan, designed for decorative small dogs:
- 34% - dehydrated chicken meat;
- 4% - turkey meat, dehydrated;
- corn, wheat;
- brewing rice;
- animal fats.
By-products are added to the composition, as well as natural preservative ingredients. But the recipe does not contain artificial flavors, dyes, flavor enhancers and other products harmful to the dog’s body. Other components can be found in the list, however, their number is small and does not bear a special burden.
As for the percentage of nutritional components, it looks like this:
- proteins - slightly more than 23%;
- fat - 15%;
- carbohydrates - 47.8;
- fiber - 1.5%.
If you consider each product separately, you can understand whether it is important for the animal’s body or is, at best, a “dummy” that has no nutritional value:
- Sources of animal protein are dehydrated chicken meat and a small amount of dried turkey meat in the same way. In this form, it is quite a valuable ingredient, as it does not contain excess moisture.
- Corn and wheat are cheap grains, which are not valuable components, and wheat is also an allergen. However, they still contain fiber.
- Brewing rice is a crumb, which contains even less nutrients than polished grains.
- Animal fat is necessary for feeding the dog, but the downside is that the manufacturer does not indicate its source.
Manufacturers take into account the needs of small pets, so they include in the composition the right amount of high-quality protein, but, according to experts, there is less fiber in it than is required.
On the pros and cons of rations Hills
Products of this brand have a number of advantages, but they are not without drawbacks. The advantages include:
- a wide range of both everyday and therapeutic diets for animals of various categories;
- the first ingredients are meat;
- contains vitamins and minerals;
- feed is common in most countries and can be easily purchased at many pet stores;
- product price is available when compared with other brands of this class.
The disadvantages include:
- veterinarians have a number of questions concerning the composition, which can be resolved if the manufacturer specifies some details;
- The presence of cereals is not the best quality;
- The composition is considered quite modest, if measured by the number of ingredients.
Another nuance - due to the popularity of Hills among dog breeders, there was such a thing as faking a product. When buying it is recommended to pay attention to what country is listed as the manufacturer. Original rations are made in the Netherlands or the EU.
Opinion of consumers and veterinarians
On the Internet, you can find a lot of reviews about Hills brand feeds, and most often they are positive. In addition, the line is in the top 10 of almost all existing ratings:
Elena: “For a long time I was in search of food for my dog. I wanted it to contain a lot of meat, vitamins, fit and like a pet, and at the same time was inexpensive. In Hills, I was attracted by the composition - over 50% of the meat, only wheat was distressed, but it did not harm the body. My dog-half-breed of the long-haired toy terrier and chihuahua appreciated the food - small granules did not make it difficult to eat the food, and the bowl always remained empty. As long as it suits us and we are not going to change it. ”
Anna: “I have a dog of breed Jack Russell Terrier - a small, perky fidget. For over two years now we have been feeding him with Hills for small breeds with high activity. Previously, there were difficulties when choosing a diet - the dog quickly bored their taste and had to look for something new. But in this brand there are different tastes: chicken, fish, lamb and others, it is enough to acquire different, so that the dog does not turn up his nose. "
Svetlana: “We live outside the city, and we brought a Siberian haska as a pet. The girl is smart, kind, not a security guard, of course, but a great companion. She has been sterilized for about five years now, but recently they began to notice that our beauty was rounded. The vet warned that before obesity, we are a couple of steps and it is worth reviewing the diet. First of all, eliminate sweets from the master's table and switch to a special diet food, and, importantly, do not violate the norm. Among these three brands was Hills, and only he managed to find it in local pet stores. Soba ate him without much enthusiasm, but she did not refuse, and we struggled with the desire to treat her with something tasty, and as a result, in three months we got rid of 7 kg! Given our experience, I recommend the Hills feed. ”
This is the opinion of dog owners, and what do vets think? They often recommend it to their patients, and this in itself is a good indicator. Few, what brand can boast of such a rich assortment of therapeutic rations, as well as a good quality.
How much do Hills rations cost?
Cost is not the last argument that influences the choice of food for dogs, especially when it comes to the maintenance of representatives of large breeds. Of course, Hills is not the cheapest diet, but it is quite economical to spend:
- 1.5 kg package costs 700-800 rubles.
- the price of 3 kg of dry food for adult dogs is, on average, 1,200 rubles;
- 6.5 kg of food for dogs of small breeds costs 2100-2300 rubles;
- 12 kg of diet for all breeds will cost 3200-3500 rubles.
Hills is a global brand of feed that deserves attention, but still when choosing, it’s worth focusing more on the needs of your four-legged pet.