Perhaps, this brand of production rations for dogs can be called the most popular. The products are successfully implemented by various pet stores, veterinary pharmacies, and it can also be found on the shelves of the largest markets. The producer himself indicates that the feeds are premium products, which means that they meet all the requirements. But is it really so? You can answer this question by getting to know more closely the brand, the composition of the rations and the responses of people using the dog food for Royal Canin for feeding his four-legged friend.
- Ассортимент рационов Роял Канин 1. Assortment of rations Royal Kanin
- Корм для щенков для ежедневного питания 2. Food for puppies for daily meals
- Повседневные корма для взрослых собак 3. Daily food for adult dogs
- Анализ состава: белки, жиры, углеводы, дополнительные компоненты 4. Analysis of the composition: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, additional components
- Какими плюсами и минусами обладают корма данной марки? 5. What are the pros and cons of this brand?
- Сколько стоят рационы данной марки 6. How much does the ration of this brand
- Отзывы 7. Reviews
Assortment of rations Royal Kanin
Variety of diets of this brand is really amazing. Among the set of menus, the owner can choose the one that is able to satisfy the need of his pet.
There are several rulers of Royal Canin rations, each of which has a number of features:
- Veterinary rations. Feeds of this category are intended to maintain the health of the dog during the period of treatment, they are used as an additional therapy and during restoration of the pet after injuries, surgeries, illnesses. In addition, they are constantly encouraged to feed the animal, suffering from chronic diseases. Among the diets there are special food for pets, who have the following diseases: renal, heart failure, diabetic pathology, serious diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract. Feeding with therapeutic rations is often recommended by a veterinarian, given the condition of the pet. Often, dry or wet fodders of this brand are appointed.
- Natural feed (Breed Health Nutrition). A large segment of specialized diets, including diets for more than 2 dozens of breeds, for both pets and puppies. Among them you can find food for a giant mastiff or a tiny toy terrier. Lifestyle Health Nutrition - when composing ingredients and their proportions, specialists take into account the lifestyle of the dog and the conditions of its maintenance. For example, a dog who regularly participates in training and sports competitions will be approached by the Endurance diet, and a pet that comes out of the house exclusively "out of necessity" is better served with Indoor food. The line of Size Health Nutrition includes a lot of feeds, and according to statistics, it is they who are most often bought by dog owners. They are divided into several categories that take into account the size of animals. In addition, among them, the owner can choose a diet based on the age of the pet or taking into account his special needs, for example, the Dermacomfort menu is intended for dogs with sensitive skin or Digestive Care - with digestive problems.
- Wet rations. Manufacturers have not overlooked this category of dog food, they are necessarily included in each line. A particularly wide assortment is presented in the form of veterinary rations, because often a diseased pet is recommended to feed it with canned, rather than dry food. For daily feeding are designed 7 varieties of canned food and moist feed, which fully meet the needs of a pet receiving mixed nutrition.
Food for puppies for daily meals
The ruler of Royal Canin feeds for puppies is the most adapted rations that meet the requirements of an intensively growing organism. They focus on the high content of products that are sources of protein, as well as vitamin-mineral supplements.
For the feeding of small pets, manufacturers of this brand offer the following rations:
- Feeding the puppy with such food can be daily, suitable for representatives of certain breeds. Puppies of large and giant breeds of such a diet are given up to 12-18 months of age, the rest up to 8-10 months.
- Junior - maxi, medium and mini. This food is divided according to the size of the dogs. Tiny puppies of decorative rocks are given a mini ration, medium - to medium, large - to maxi.
- Junior Active. This type of food is intended for puppies of gigantic breeds that lead an active lifestyle, so they need much more energy than the rest.
- Diet, suitable for feeding puppies from 2 months and lactating bitches. Its composition is suitable for gradually accustoming the crumbs to the upcoming adult nutrition and at the same time provides all the necessary nursing mothers.
- Indoor Junior. This feed is suitable for small pets, it has a positive effect on the digestive tract.
- Urban Junior. Unfortunately, the unfavorable ecological situation harms not only people, but also friends of our four-footed. This feed is suitable for puppies living in large, gassy cities.
Daily food for adult dogs
If, in the case of a puppy, the selected diet is only an intermediate stage and sooner or later it will have to be changed to an adult menu, then the food for an adult dog is selected for a longer period. Without special need, veterinarians do not recommend changing the brand of food.
Royal Kanin food is really popular among dog breeders, including those engaged in breeding dogs, and quite often recommended by professionals. One of the reasons is its high quality, it refers to products of super-premium class, the other - a diverse range:
- This category includes a number of rations intended for dogs of different breeds, on the product packaging it is indicated for which.
- Adult - mini, maxi, medium. Among the three rations, you can choose the right one, depending on the size of the pet.
- Royal Canin 5-8 + and 10-12 +. This segment clearly indicates the age of the animals for which it is intended - for mature or elderly dogs.
- Urban Adult. Noise, car exhausts, company emissions and so on - these are the costs of living in large cities. For pets living under such stressful conditions, this menu perfectly fits.
- A few diets that are recommended for dogs, which occasionally have situations that require high activity. Feed can also be selected based on the weight of the pet's body.
- Indoor Adult. If the pet prefers to spend most of the time at home, lying down and resting, then this diet is very suitable for him.
- Endurance 4800. It should be purchased by the owner of the pet, which can not hold a minute without movement, showing activity most of the time.
Analysis of the composition: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, additional components
Since the food is positioned as a high-class product, certain requirements are made to it, especially with regard to the composition. To understand this issue, it is necessary to consider in detail the components of the rations and their percentage ratio. Feed Medium Edalte, designed for dogs from 12 months, medium size:
- 25% of proteins - corresponds to the norm;
- 14% of fats are averaged;
- 1.2% fiber - a reduced amount;
- 5.9% ash - below the average.
All says that the only drawback of the product is a small amount of fiber, included in the composition. Most of the feed contains dehydrated animal protein (poultry), as it is in the first place in the composition, after indicating the presence of corn flour, corn, wheat flour, animal fats.
Also in the diet there is an insignificant amount of dehydrated protein, wheat, hydrolyzed animal protein, beet pulp and fish oil.
Animals are proteins - that's what occupies the first position in the composition. In addition, an additional source of this component is the dehydrated protein obtained from pork and included in the feed in the form of flour.
The main source is animal fat, it is not the best ingredient for canine feed, but in small quantities is necessary. In addition, the positive aspect is the presence of fish oil in the composition - an important component for the normal development of the animal.
Their sources are wheat and corn. Not the best ingredients that are poorly digested by the animal body. However, thanks to modern technology, they can "turn" into easily digestible substances. But if the pet suffers from digestive disorders, it is better to give preference to a diet with a lower carbohydrate content.
What are the pros and cons of this brand?
So far, there is no production feed that all dog breeders and veterinarians unanimously recognized as the best in all indicators. The same applies to the brand described - some consider it the most suitable food for a four-legged companion, while others reveal a number of shortcomings.
The advantages of these feeds are the following:
- a variety of rations, from which the owner of almost any dog (pedigree or half-breed, large or tiny, etc.) can choose the most suitable;
- a separate health-improving line for feeds is produced, whose rations have an increased quality;
- in the composition of products the ratio of nutrients is maintained; It is not necessary to give additional vitamins or minerals to the pet;
- with the purchase of products of this brand there are no problems, it is enough to contact the nearest pet store;
- The range includes both low-cost feeds and more expensive feeds; naturally, that for the therapeutic diet will have to pay more.
Among the shortcomings of the products of this brand are the following:
- in the composition there is no information on how many percents there are of those or other components;
- In addition to meat ingredients, forages include offal of unknown origin;
- in the production of preservatives.
In addition, some dog breeders recommend purchasing French-made feeds, since, in their opinion, the domestic product has a lower quality.
How much are the rations of this brand
It is almost impossible to accurately determine the price of feed, because it affects different factors. However, you can get acquainted with the average cost of products of a certain brand, taking data from the catalogs of the largest points of sale.
- packing in 4 kg will cost 1500 rubles;
- A 15-kilogram bag, on average, costs 5000 rubles;
- 500 g of feed for Yorkers will cost 270-300 rubles, 1500 grams - 850 rubles.
- 2-kilogram packaging costs from 1,000 to 2,000 rubles;
- 7 kg - 3500 rubles;
- 14 kg - 6000 rubles.
If we compare the cost of production feed of this brand, it turns out that it is slightly lower than most other manufacturers' rations. But, on the other hand, the composition of Royal Canin feeds does not have a 100% ideal composition and is inferior in quality to some of them.
If the owner of the dog doubts his own choice, he can always consult with professional breeders, who have been purchased by a puppy or a veterinarian.
Owners of dogs who used this trademark, say:
Anastasia: "Good day to day! His dog breeds Brussels griffin fed rations of this brand for 6 years, almost from the first days of its appearance in the house. Once I decided to translate it to a more expensive brand, however, problems with a stool and rash appeared, so I returned to Royal Canin and stopped trying. She noted that the cost of super premium food increased sharply, so I'm glad that our feed is suitable and worth a bit cheaper. No complaints, so I recommend it. "
Tatyana: "I am the lucky owner of the charming Yorkie, but I have faced one difficulty - most of the representatives of this breed are real gadgets in food, and my girl is no exception. For several months I methodically selected food, however, each of them caused some unpleasant phenomenon - that constipation, then worsening of the condition of the wool, then the dryness of the skin. When they began to eat Royal Kanin, in the early days they carefully followed the chair, but the toilet did not have any problems, and after a couple of weeks I began to notice that the fur became softer and shiny. Since then, this brand of food does not change, because everything suits. "
Irina: "We planted our dog on mixed food, nevertheless, to feed Bernese Mountain Dog with high-quality drying is an expensive pleasure. We buy a package of 5-7.5 kg for a month, besides it, we give a dog of porridge with meat, by-products, vegetables. Our "kid" looks cheerful, cheerful, never had a veterinarian, in addition to planned outings, as the need did not arise. I think that, given the price and good quality, Royal Kanin deserves attention. "
This line of feed, according to veterinary experts, is in accordance with the norms and is suitable for feeding dogs, which is confirmed by dog breeders' reviews.