Today, Eukanuba is one of the most famous dog and cat diet brands that are popular all over the world. Why did they deserve such fame? It's all about the careful development of recipes, a rich assortment and taste, which four-legged gourmets like so much. Thanks to this, Eukanuba dog food continues to lead among other super premium brands.
- Школа чемпионов 1. School of Champions
- Различные рационы из ассортимента Эканубы 2. Various rations from Ekanuba assortment
- Анализируем состав Эуканубы 3. Analyzing the composition of Eukanuba
- Ряд положительных и отрицательных моментов 4. A number of positive and negative points
- Отзывы 5. Reviews
- Сколько стоят корма Eukanuba? 6. How much do Eukanuba feeds cost?
School of Champions
Eukanuba feed makers understand dog owners more than anyone else and approve of their desire to ensure a decent life for their pets. For this they offer professional food of good quality, which gives the dog an opportunity to reveal the potential presented by nature.
Without proper nutrition, the dog will not be able to adequately participate in shows and sports programs, and after all, its appearance and health largely determine success. Besides the fact that the dog must look great, it requires special training that allows it to shine before the experts on the jury. But most newbies who do not have experience working with a dog do not even know how to begin training.
Given the need for such assistance, representatives of the Eukanuba brand, with the support of the agencies DDB and ICON, open an organization in Russia specializing in preparing four-legged pets for an exhibition career - this is the School of Champions Eukanuba.
A group of cynologists works here, selection of an individual program is offered, and single and group classes are held. The dog is taught to behave properly surrounded by a large number of people, elegantly move around the ring and charmingly follow the rules of etiquette.
This approach has already given excellent results: among school students, many have managed to achieve champion titles and other awards and prove that the effort and perseverance invested will surely bear fruit.
Various rations from Ekanuba assortment
The company that makes these feeds offers 55 different recipes. Naturally, from such a diversity it is possible to choose what is most suitable for a particular pet, focusing on various indicators - age, size, health features, and so on.
Puppy & Junior Series - Eukanuba for Kids
This group includes food suitable for feeding puppies. They are focused on taking into account all the needs of an intensively growing and maturing organism. In total there are 4 different types of recipes:
- Small Breed - the formula of the feed is enriched with a high content of protein components and fats, suitable for representatives of small breeds whose weight of adults does not exceed 10 kg.
- Medium Breed is a diet for fast-growing representatives of medium breeds, adults of which weigh no more than 25 kg. The basis of the feed is chicken meat.
- Large Breed - suitable for feeding puppies that can grow up to 40 kg and even more. And since puppies of large breeds and giants grow faster than the others, the diet should take care of the state of their articular, bone and muscle tissues.
- All Breeds is a universal puppy food that is recommended for babies with digestive problems and sensitive skin.
Adult - a variety of recipes for adult dogs
A large group of rations suitable for everyday feeding of four-legged friends. The classification is focused on the age of the animals.
- Small Breed - the diet has the form of small-sized granules, suitable for tiny decorative dogs.
- Medium Breed - food developed for feeding representatives of medium breeds from the age of 12 months to old age, from 6-7 years old can be transferred to the next level of the pet.
- Large Breed - a diet enriched with glucosamine and chondroitin, it is used to feed large-sized dogs whose age varies from 1 to 6 years.
- Weight Control - is shown to adult dogs of medium, large and gigantic sizes, which have a tendency to gain excess body weight. The diet reduces the amount of fat, when compared with other formulas.
- Toy Breed - food for tiny pets weighing not more than 4 kg. It can be given to a dog from 12 months to old age.
- Jogging & Agility - the menu for energetic individuals, especially in need of proteins; This feed has a high content of animal protein and fat sources.
- Working & Endurance - balanced nutrition of working animals. To maintain health, the dog needs to get 30% animal protein and 20% fat.
- Breed Specific - several rations, each of which is suitable for representatives of certain breeds. Here you can find special food for Labradors, retrievers, Yorkies, "Germans", Rottweilers, etc.
Rations for older dogs
Unfortunately, the organism of animals begins to grow old quite early, and the larger the breed, the earlier these processes begin. Proper diet helps to maintain the health, performance of vital organisms and the immune system. This category includes the following formulas:
- Mature & Senior Toy is food suitable for miniature dogs.
- Daily Care Senior 9+ - a diet for older animals.
Daily Care rations for dogs with special nutritional requirements
Many dogs, especially if the breed is bred artificially, are prone to all sorts of diseases. Often, pets suffer from dermatological problems, various kinds of allergic manifestations. Eukanuba offers several rations that provide special needs:
- Sensitive Skin - you can choose it as a daily ration for a pet with sensitive skin, eliminating itching and other disorders.
- Sensitive Joints is a specialized food that provides dogs with a tendency to joint disease, glucosamine, chondroitin and L-carnitine.
- Sensitive Digestion - food for dogs that have been diagnosed with the sensitivity of digestive processes.
- Overweight, Sterilized - recipes designed specifically for animals that have undergone castration or sterilization; they are also recommended to feed the dogs, which often gain extra pounds.
Such veterinary diets are most often recommended for feeding animals with certain diseases. Most often, they are prescribed by veterinarians, given the special condition of the four-paw patient:
- Dermatosis FP is a diet that improves the condition of coat and skin prone to dermatological ailments.
- Intestinal - improves the condition of dogs that often develop intestinal disorders.
- Joint Mobility - this diet is a complete nutrition for pets suffering from diseases of the bone and joint tissue.
- Renal - food for dogs suffering from chronic renal failure; Its formula improves kidney function.
- Restricted Calorie - therapeutic menu for animals with obesity in various stages.
This is the main part of the range of medicinal feeds intended for sick pets. Medical diets have some contraindications, including the period of pregnancy and feeding of puppies, therefore it is best to give them to a pet after consultation with a veterinarian.
Analyzing the composition of Eukanuba
Before you buy food to feed a four-legged friend, the owner often wants to get acquainted with its composition. Eukanuba rations belong to the product of super premium class, which means that they are subject to a number of high requirements.
What include feed this brand? One should consider one of the most popular among dog breeders rations from the Edalt series - Medium Breed Maintenance:
- 26% - protein components;
- 15% fat;
- 0% - carbohydrates;
- 2% fiber;
- 7% - ash;
- Humidity - 7%;
- 42% - additional components.
Naturally, such a formula and the ratio of components relate only to this diet. The rest of the feed have a different composition and ingredients:
- Protein components. In most diets, the source of proteins and proteins is chicken and lamb meat, less often fish fillets. In the production of using the method of sublimation, which allows you to remove excess water from the products, but at the same time preserve all the natural benefits of meat.
- Sources of carbohydrates. Almost all formulations include some amount of cereals. Wheat and corn are used as sources of carbohydrates, due to which the nutritional value of dry rations increases. In addition, barley and sorghum grains can be found here, which is a gluten-free cereal that has a positive effect on blood glucose levels. Rice is a complex carbohydrate that the animal's body absorbs well.
- Fat Virtually every formula involves the inclusion of fat. The presence of foods rich in Omega fatty acids provide immunity support.
- Additional ingredients. In addition to the main ingredients, various components are included in the rations. For example, the addition of beet pulp is due to the fact that it is able to regulate the amount of sugars in the blood. Dry egg powder contains protein, characterized by good absorption. Choline and a number of antioxidants preserve the vision of the dog. A certain amount of vegetables provide the animal's body with fiber, necessary for a full digestive process, as well as valuable vitamins and microelements. Brewer's yeast has a positive effect on the condition of the skin and coat of the dog, metabolic processes.
In addition, manufacturers of Eukanuba add vitamin complexes to their rations, including the most important elements.
A series of positive and negative points
Until now, animal feed manufacturers have failed to create a 100% perfect diet, and even with high quality, specialists have been able to identify some of the shortcomings. However, this does not detract from the merits. The main advantages of this line of feed are the following:
- according to the manufacturer, all feed ingredients are natural products;
- includes a wide range of rations;
- in addition to dry food, there is a line of wet rations and canned food;
- there are formulas for both adults and young and elderly individuals;
- developed a number of therapeutic diets, which is rare.
The disadvantages include:
- According to reviews, some ingredients in pets may be allergic;
- it contains a large number of cereals, which do not have any nutritional value;
- the meat part is small - the maximum is 30% of the total mass;
- dry rations are quite expensive.
Most dog owners using this brand of feed are satisfied that they made this choice:
Valeria: “Not long ago, a Spaniel puppy appeared in our house, and a week later we found a skin rash. The veterinarian identified food allergies and recommended changing the feed to Eukanuba. I must say, the price of this feed is quite high, but then there is no worsening. The dog is cheerful and cheerful, its skin is healthy, and the wool is shiny, so we are not going to change it for another. ”
Elena: “Having taken the puppy from the breeder, we received a recommendation to feed him with Arden Grange rations, but as it turned out, he doesn’t quite fit - the kid was suffering from gas and diarrhea. In search of a more suitable feed, listened to the advice of the seller of the pet store, chose Eukanuba for puppies. We still feed with this brand, but have already switched to adult rations. ”
Alain: “We breed dogs of the Labrador Retriever breed, and, as you know, they are prone to allergies and obesity, because they like to eat. After going through a lot of feed brands, we stopped at the Eukanube hypoallergenic. Of course, the pleasure is not cheap, but buying large bags, still manage to save. In general, I recommend these rations. ”
How much do Eukanuba feeds cost?
Dry rations of this brand can not be called cheap, however, there are more expensive food in this segment.
- a 500 g package of feed costs, on average, 260 rubles;
- the price of 1 kg of diet for puppies, on average, is 750 rubles; 3 kg - 1200-1300 rubles;
- package weighing 3 kg will cost 1100-1300 rubles;
- Eukanuba bag for adult dogs, which weighs 15 kg, costs about 4,500 rubles.
As for the medicinal feed, they are somewhat more expensive, as well as rations intended for animals suffering from allergic manifestations.
If you compare Eukanubu with other brands of this class, it looks very worthy, and, in addition, many veterinarians recommend it to their patients. But if the owner of the dog has doubts, you can always get advice from a professional.