Producers of dog food and cats of Akan managed to prove that the product can be popular not only thanks to bright, attractive advertising, but rather because of the excellent composition, quality ingredients and a large number of positive feedback from grateful dog owners and veterinarians. A dog is not just a pet, but a friend, helper and even a family member. It is not surprising that most people are particularly careful about choosing a diet and are interested in different aspects - the features of production, the composition, the ratio of ingredients, etc. What is included in the food for dogs of Akan, and is it really related to high-end products?
- О производителе 1. About the manufacturer
- Ассортимент рационов: Классик, Херитейдж, Реджиналс, Сингл, Реджиналс 2. Assortment of rations: Classic, Heritage, Reginals, Single, Reginals
- Анализ состава: протеины, жиры, углеводы, дополнительные ингредиенты 3. Analysis of the composition: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, additional ingredients
- Плюсы и минусы рационов этой марки 4. Pros and cons of the rations of this brand
- Сколько стоят корма Acana 5. How much is the feed for Acana
- Отзывы 6. Reviews
About the manufacturer
Akana is a trademark of diets for domestic pets of the Canadian company Champion Petfoods. The manufacturer indicates that his product is biologically matched and includes fresh ingredients from Canada.
The principles of making rations are as follows:
- A feed is produced only in one production facility located in the Canadian territory. Here rations go through all stages of production and control - from the selection of raw materials and to packaging.
- As a raw material, only fresh quality products are taken. In the composition there are no cheap cereals, frozen semi-finished products and other. Fish, meat and other components are taken from local farms and combines, which ensures their freshness on delivery.
The company "Champion Petfoods" is engaged in the export of its products to more than 5 countries, and its products are in high demand around the world. Akane's diets have many awards, which the brand has accumulated quite a lot in a quarter of a century, and their number continues to increase.
Assortment of rations: Classic, Heritage, Reginals, Single, Reginals
The trade mark of Akana produces 4 large ranges of dog food, each of which is focused on pets of different ages, dimensions and health characteristics.
As part of the "classic" rations, about half of the components are occupied by the meat part. In addition, they are rich in proteins, but there are very few carbohydrate ingredients in Classic foods. Producers instead of cereals include in the composition of crushed oats, to contain a sufficient amount of useful glucose.
In this line there are 2 rations:
- Prairie Poultry - suitable for feeding dogs of any breed and age, the main components are poultry meat, fruits and vegetables.
- Wild Coast - another universal diet, only in it the main part is not meat, and fish, except for which also includes fruit and vegetable supplements.
This is a series of diets with a hypoallergenic composition that has a limited set of products. But in doing so, it completely provides the animal with all biological substances and does not irritate the sensitive digestive tract of the animal.
The assortment includes the following rations:
- Duck & BartlettPear - half of the feed composition - fresh duck meat;
- Lamb & OkanaganApple - the lamb is the basis of the feed, in addition, fruits, vegetables and useful phyto-components are included;
- Pork & ButternutSquash - the only source of proteins in this recipe is the selection pork.
This is an assortment of feeds that do not contain grain, including a number of components of high quality - meat, vegetables, fruits. They have few carbohydrates, but proteins are high. The line includes the following rations:
- Grasslands - the meat portion is 60% of the feed, the rest is a fruit and vegetable mixture with the addition of useful herbs;
- Pacifica - the basis of the diet - fish fillet (60% of the composition), the rest includes fruits, vegetables and phyto-components;
- Wild Prairie - the recipe of forage provides presence in structure of fresh meat products (60-75%), eggs, vegetables and fruit.
The largest group of fodders of this brand, which combines high protein content. Meat is 60-75% meat, the rest - carbohydrates, but derived from fruit and vegetable products, without the use of cereals.
Owners can choose the most suitable menu for their pet from this line:
- Adult Large Breed - diets intended for feeding dogs belonging to large and giant breeds weighing more than 25 kg; The basis of the feed is chicken meat, fish fillets and eggs;
- Adult Small Breed - the components are the same as in the previous diet, however, their ratio takes into account the needs of dogs of smaller breeds, whose weight does not exceed 9 kg;
- Cobb Chiken & Greens - suitable for animals of different breeds, the basis of the recipe includes meat - only fresh, previously dehydrated foods are taken;
- Ligft & Fit - a high protein diet, is for obese; 65% of the ration - meat components;
- Puppy & Junior - this ration is fed by puppies belonging to medium breeds, over 2/3 of the composition - meat-meat part;
- Puppy Small Breed is a food suitable for puppies that do not grow more than 9 kg;
- Puppy Large Breed - suitable for "kids" of large and giant breeds, whose body weight in the adult state exceeds 25 kg;
- Senior Dog - the composition of the food is suitable as a food for dogs older than 7 years of age; it includes cartilage components and by-products in a suitable proportion;
- Sport & Agility - this menu is recommended to dog-athletes and animals receiving regularly high loads. Poultry and fish make up 3/4 of the feed, while among the ingredients there are no products with a high glycemic index - rice, potatoes, cereals.
Feature of all products of the trade mark of Akan is the absence in each of them of components provoking digestive disorders. These include rye, corn and gluten grains. They are successfully replaced with fruit and vegetable ingredients collected from local plantations, as well as rice pre-steamed.
Analysis of the composition: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, additional ingredients
To the production feeds for animals of the super-premium class, special demands are made, and Akana is no exception. But does she answer them 100%? It is worth considering one of the rations, which is the most popular among dog breeders - Adult Small Breed, a diet designed for adult dogs that weigh no more than 9 kg:
- The first 5 components: chicken meal, oats in cut form, chicken without bone, potatoes, peas. Flour is considered a meat concentrate and there are more proteins in it than in fresh chicken. Oats are a source of vitamins and fiber. Chicken meat - after processing loses 3/4 of weight, so its share in the composition is rather small. Potatoes become easy carbohydrate food due to processing, and peas, in addition to high-quality carbohydrates, include fiber.
- Secondary ingredients: chicken fat, flounder meat, eggs, alfalfa extract. Experts are ambivalent about some components. For example, although alfalfa contains a large amount of vegetable protein, it is more often associated with livestock feed. But they do not cause harm to the animal organism, there is still a share of the benefits in them, but their quantity is small. But fish is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, but it is not enough in the diet.
- Dyes - no.
- Flavors, preservatives, dyes - not specified.
- No offal - no.
In the diet of Adana Adult Small Breed protein is 32%, carbohydrates - a maximum of 30%, fats - 19%, fiber - about 4%. Among the interesting components of this diet, which are at the end of the list of ingredients, you can find chicory in the form of a crushed root. It contains a large amount of inulin - a prebiotic and a source of dietary fiber.
Also in the feed is a certain amount of selenium yeast, which are considered a natural additive with an anti-cancer effect.
Pros and cons of the rations of this brand
As it was already mentioned many times, there is not the ideal food, which could correspond 100% to the needs of any animal and take into account all the features of the organism. Among the buyers, most are satisfied with the quality, but there are those whose pets do not fit this pet.
Positive aspects of the rations of Akane:
- since the food contains a lot of protein, it is more nutritious food, which means that it is consumed more sparingly;
- The size of the pellets depends on what kind of rock is intended;
- a variety of flavors;
- with regular use in dogs, the smell from the mouth disappears;
- a package consisting of several layers, perfectly protects the product from external influences, and also does not allow the smell to spread;
- balanced composition, rich in protein, makes it possible to reduce the amount of fat in the animal's body and gain muscle mass;
- most of the dogs that feed on Akana are energetic, active, cheerful, their fur coat has a natural sheen and does not drop out, this is confirmed by the numerous reviews of the owners;
- there are various feed packages available, you can choose the one that suits the requirements of this dog breeder - the owner of the nursery, for example, German shepherds, need large bags of feed - 10, 15 kg or more, but for the owner of a tiny tuitch, there is enough packing in 500-1000 g, so that his baby is full for a long time;
- when feeding this brand of food, the owner does not need to buy vitamin supplements in addition - the composition of the diet contains everything you need.
This is all pluses, but do not forget about that, although a small, a group of consumers who are unhappy with the product of this brand and did not give it to their four-footed friend. True, some of them can be called subjective. Deficiencies of the Akan's diets:
- pets may be allergic to any component of the feed if there is an individual intolerance;
- many owners are disappointed by the fact that it is quite problematic to purchase large volumes of food - pet stores specialize in selling packages of no more than 2 kg, you have to order through Internet sellers and sometimes wait for a certain time;
- the price of feed is high enough;
- on some veterinary sites the information that the forages with the high maintenance of fibers continually negatively reflect on a status of a liver of an animal continually slips.
Nevertheless, despite the minuses, Akana won the trust of veterinarians and dog breeders, and it is often recommended for feeding a four-legged friend. In any case, dog owners always have the opportunity to get advice from knowledgeable people.
How much are the fodder for Acana
The cost of feed is different, universal rations are cheaper than specialized rations intended for patients or recovering animals.
Packing of grain-free fodder weighing 11.4 kg, on average, will cost 7300 rubles; 6 kg package costs about 4500 rubles, 2 kg - a little less than 2000 rubles.
The price of packing Akane weight of 6 kg for adult small dogs (chicken meat) - 3000-3500 rubles, 2 kg - about 1500 rubles. A similar menu, but with lamb meat, is somewhat more expensive - 6 to about 4000 rubles, 2 kg - 1600-1700 rubles.
Lovers-dog-owners shared their impressions about the range of fodders of this brand:
Victor: "Thanks to a wife who adores small, glorious dogs, there are two such pets in our family: a chihuahu and a rather rare west-hailand-wye-terrier. I must say that the latter was a terrible allergy. In our environment, many feed their dogs with Akana and are quite happy. Therefore, we also decided to switch to it. However, only chihuahua came to feed, the second dog had to select a diet for a long time and persistently, through trial and error. Now our darlings have different diets, but the main thing is that they look cheerful and cheerful. "
Elizabeth: "I am satisfied with everything in the stern, it's suitable for my big dog, it's quite economical, there is an opportunity to buy a big bag ... But with the last item lately there are overlays - sellers are increasingly buying large packages, and in online stores often there are no such volumes. Sometimes you have to wait a long time, interrupting other, more affordable brands. Otherwise, small, expensive packs for a dog weighing 50 kg, you will not get napaseshsya.
Marina: "This is the first food that my little forrest causes a storm of joy, and the cup instantly empties. Given that earlier we could eat one serving for 2-3 approaches, not particularly inspired, I think that Akana is the best choice for us. "
As a result of the analysis of the composition, it can be noted that this diet has a high level of protein components and sources of fat, is useful, less allergenic, has a rich taste variety, compared with feeds from other producers.