Such an operative intervention is appointed in order to extract from the uterus of the bitch the offspring. Although caesarean section is performed in dogs quite often, it is considered a serious surgical intervention and is performed only under certain indications. Most of the dogs endure the surgery fairly well and recover quickly, but there are situations when the pet needs more attention and help in caring for the emerging offspring. Owners should be ready for this and know how to behave properly with an operated animal.
- В каких случаях показано кесарево сечение 1. In what cases is the cesarean section
- Осложнения при кесарево сечении у собак 2. Complications of caesarean section in dogs
- Различия между большими и маленькими породами 3. Differences between large and small breeds
- Цена кесарево сечения у собак 4. The price of cesarean section in dogs
- Уход после операции 5. Care after surgery
In what cases is the cesarean section
Is it necessary to focus on the fact that any operation is recommended in the event that conservative methods do not give the expected result? Of course, natural births, which in humans, that in animals, are the most preferable outcome of pregnancy , but there are often situations when this option is impossible, and not only puppies but also mother are at risk. This happens in the following cases:
- Incorrect position of the offspring, for example, when the puppies lie across.
- Cesarean section is recommended, if in the first-born bitch, ultrasound examination revealed the presence of a large number of large puppies.
- When detecting ugly or malformations of puppies during ultrasound. Often there is a pathological increase in the skull and other parts of the body.
- The bitch that has an abnormal pelvic structure can not independently breed, in this case the birth canals are very narrow, and the offspring will not be able to fully pass through them. Such pathologies can be congenital or acquired, for example, if the dog, being a puppy, receives less food, rich in calcium. This phenomenon leads to the development of rickets and subsequent degeneration of bone tissue.
Complications of caesarean section in dogs
Owners are interested in the question of whether it is possible and when to know in advance whether a dog will need an operation. Of course, the presentation of the fetus often changes before delivery, but other points can be identified much earlier.
For this, it is necessary to bring a bitch into a veterinary clinic on the 50th day of pregnancy. Here it is examined and the result will be given out on the basis of diagnostic data. Naturally, such an event costs money, however, negative consequences can be much more expensive.
If the cesarean section has already been done, this does not mean that in the future it will not be able to breed itself. Since the generic activity in animals is much easier, and the regeneration of tissues proceeds faster, the chances of a full-fledged independent birth in the dog are greater. Of course, if we are talking about a young, healthy animal. Naturally, in this case it is necessary to consult a specialist and get clinical confirmation that the dog can give birth naturally.
Differences between large and small breeds
If we talk about technology, then surgical intervention is the same for large mastiffs, and for tiny chihuahua. But experts say that to conduct cesarean section in small dogs is somewhat more difficult.
This is due not only to the smaller size of organs, but also to the accelerated rhythm of metabolic processes, since in this case it is much more difficult to choose the right dosage of anesthetics. The operation is performed using general anesthesia.
The price of cesarean section in dogs
It's impossible to say unequivocally how much cesarean section will cost, since many factors influence the cost of the procedure. But the price varies from 4000 to 10,000 rubles.
Female, who underwent a caesarean section operation, need special care. Upon return from the clinic, the owners should take care of the following:
- Until the animal completely withdrew from anesthesia, it is more often to inject water into the mouth with a syringe;
- after removing the dog more often on the street;
- offspring to apply to the bitch only after she completely regains consciousness;
- provide mummy high-calorie, well-digested food; if the dog eats ready-made rations, then you can offer small meals for pregnant, nursing bitches or for puppies.
Care for the surgical suture is appointed by the surgeon, or it is carried out in the clinic. Veterinarians can confidently say that the cesarean section does not affect the well-being of the puppies, does not worsen lactation processes and is not a contraindication for the subsequent reproduction by the female of the offspring.