Keeshond - this is real zhivchiki, "smiling" dogs, radiating a positive and good mood! This can be confirmed by every owner of a shaggy miracle. Looking at the representatives of this breed, you might think that these are animated toys, which for that purpose exist to amuse and give joy. However, history shows that these are not decorative dogs, but quite serious dogs that previously performed important tasks.
- История происхождения породы 1. History of the origin of the breed
- Описание породы кеесхонд 2. Description of the Keeshond breed
- Окрас кеесхонда 3. Color of Keeshond
- Обучение и дрессировка кеесхонда 4. Training and training of keeshond
- Уход за кеесхондом 5. Care for the Kedeschod
- Фото кеесхонда 6. Photo of the Keeshond
- Видео о кеесхонде 7. Videos about Keeshond
- Цена щенка кеесхонда 8. The price of a Keeshond puppy
History of the origin of the breed
If we talk about the ancestors of the keeshond, they did not emerge yesterday. There is confirmed evidence that a large group of spitz-shaped dogs originated from one of the lines of peat spitz - medium size, strong and intrepid animals.
Data on the same type of livestock date back to the 16th-17th centuries. Then in different territories dogs began to appear with the same appearance, but in different colors. For example, on the lands of modern Germany and Poland, and then it was Pomerania, two types of Spitz were common - white in large sizes and medium with red color.
Gray-taned Spitz dogs (this color was called wolf) were of medium size used as guards and their breeding was actively pursued by Dutch and German breeders. Hence the two names of the breed - German Wolfspitz and Keeshond, the second name of the dog was received in Holland.
The early representatives of the breed did not have such an attractive appearance as the modern dogs. Yes, and other characteristics, they are not particularly famous for, for example, strong grip, fast running and other working qualities. Keeshondas were always "serednichkami", but they coped with the work of guards, informing the whole district about the invasion of strangers, grazing cattle and were excellent companions.
Due to the fact that the cynologists were not particularly interested in this breed and did not make high-breed animals from dogs, Keeshond puppies were available to everyone, and due to this they became widespread. Then people with a small income did not allow themselves to keep dogs just for the sake of communication, and even more so, to fulfill all the whims of pets. Therefore, enough Spartan conditions of habitation and natural selection turned representatives of this breed into universal unpretentious in keeping dogs.
So, without much standing out, Spitz lived side by side with a man, yet they still did not attract the attention of breeders. They were indirectly implicated in the Dutch revolution, which began in 1568 and lasted for more than a decade, since the instigator of the first uprising in the cats was a Spitz named Gez. Subsequently, this dog turned into a symbol of the revolutionary movement, as the rebel Cornelius often appeared in various kinds of mass meetings with his pet.
Participants in the movement were called "geese", which in the translation sounded like half-bloods or mongrels. The revolution collapsed, and an order came from the authorities to destroy everything that was associated with the riots. The purgatives also touched Spitz.
But, fortunately, it was not possible to complete it completely, and at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries the first club of the breed appeared on the territory of Germany, the participants of which carried out enormous work and classified Spitz from different territories.
In 1899, a description of the representatives of the breeds approved by the world clubs appeared, and the rules for breeding were drawn up. Since this year, kieshond is officially recognized, although in Germany it continues to be called a Wolfspeak.
Description of the breed keeshond
There are international rules, according to which the breed can have only one patronizing state. But the Cynological International Association unites all varieties of Spitz in a single standard, in which they differ in their growth. There is one more description of Keeshond dogs, but already in the American Kennel Club.
Representatives of the breed have not only a unique, spectacular appearance, but also quite developed intellectual abilities. Having a kind of shaggy toy, the dogs are well developed and physically, they are very nimble and tireless.
According to the standard characteristic, keeshondy differ in friendliness and sociability, and this applies not only to humans, but also to other animals.
If we talk about the dimensions of the representatives of this breed, then the ideal growth for males is 45.7 cm at the withers, bitches slightly smaller - 43.2 cm, although such parameters are not considered too important for assessing dogs. At exhibitions, more attention is paid to the harmony of the physique and the presence of an average fortress. A pet should not have a heavy skeleton, which catches immediately into the eyes, but also a refined and elegant breed of dogs, keeshond should not be either. Moreover, the ideal rostovka is estimated only in representatives older than two years.
The standards set out the following data regarding appearance:
- The head should be small, proportional to the torso, wedge-shaped. Its sharpening or excessive lightness is not welcome. The skull is wide with a noticeable transition to the muzzle.
- The end of the muzzle is U-shaped, with neat lips slightly taut, having a black stain.
- Teeth of medium size, create a tight row, not having gaps, the bite is correct. The bowl is small, rectangular, painted black.
- The dog has bulging, large, oval eyes (true, with some mysterious unevenness), having a lively shine and radiating sparkles of mischief. Iris casts in brown hues. Planting near the eyes is average. The tissue of the eyelids is black and dense.
- Ears are small, neat triangular, but on the background of a rich head of hair look tiny. They are in a standing position, have an elastic cartilage, are widely distributed, have a high landing and a straight line.
- The trunk of dogs refers more to the format of the square. The neck is strong, a pronounced bend is observed. The withers are also well pronounced, but due to the three-dimensional collar this is not too noticeable. The back is of medium length, has developed musculature, wide, with moderately sloping croup.
- The abdomen is tight, but has no pronounced "blasting".
- The fore and hind legs differ in proportionality, they have sufficiently strong developed joints, are widely spaced. The feet are well assembled, they have a rounded shape.
- The tail is highly planted, bent into a ring, which is located on its back and pressed to it. Mandatory condition - the end of the tail should be black.
- A magnificent, luxurious fur coat is not for nothing called a visiting card of Keeshond. It is well developed, very thick and dense, with a soft, rich undercoat. The front hair has a vertical position, it is coarser. Purebred representatives can boast of an abundance of smart fur on their faces in the form of whiskers, a thick collar in the neck and chest, as well as in the back and tail. The adjacent coat is only on the front of the limbs and on the nose.
Color of Keeshond
Color Keeshondov is not so simple: if we talk about a common palette, then there are two colors - gray and black. The standard allows the presence of tans of any gray tint, the remaining colors are a drawback.
The color of the undercoat varies from any gray tones to cream colors. The hairs have a light base and a dark tip. The general color of the dog depends directly on the intensity of the dark color. On the muzzle of the presence of black "points", in the same color painted and ears. Wool in the field of breeches, couplings and breasts has a more light tone, as does the rear area of the tail. Paws are painted in cream tones.
With regard to evaluation at exhibitions, experts pay attention to the natural beauty of the animal, it is allowed to process the wool only at the lips and extremities, and then, if it is required. The trimmed keeshond will not be allowed before the exhibition and, moreover, can be excluded from breeding.
Training and training of keeshond
These cute and funny little dogs are smart enough and have remarkable ingenuity, so they are very easy to learn, and their curiosity only speeds up this process. On the territory of the Netherlands, the representatives of this breed are assigned an important role of partners, with whom they perfectly cope. That is why the training of these pets is often limited to teams that have an entertaining character, rather than bringing practical benefit.
Keeshondi is a constant participant of various kinds of exhibitions and enjoys a frenzied popularity there, but simple lovers and dogs give them increased attention and love. Which, in general, is not surprising, with such an attractive appearance and accommodating nature.
But the German Wolfspitz receives a slightly different upbringing. In Germany, these dogs are used as watchmen, so they undergo special courses that provide skills in protecting property and family. Here, dogs learn to keep outsiders out of the way until the owner allows it. What does it say? And the fact that the representatives of this breed have a fairly flexible character, and it depends only on the owner, which pet will receive upbringing and skills.
It is interesting: we teach the dog to chew things .
Caring for the Kedeschod
Wolfspitz-keeshond - a fairly versatile dog, which is suitable for both street and apartment maintenance. Moreover, the representatives of the breed themselves can feel comfortable in any conditions.
- The main point in care is visible to the naked eye - it is a long, fluffy, wool equipped with a rich undercoat. The pet should be combed at least once a week, and ideally - daily, using a special brush, which has long metal denticles. In the period of seasonal moults (in spring and autumn), another tool is needed - a puffeter, and the procedure will have to be performed every day. Again, it is worth recalling that according to the approved standard, keeshonda should not be cut, it is necessary that the dog look as natural as possible.
- Dogs differ cleanliness, so they are rarely contaminated and do not require frequent washing . In some cases, the removal of dirt can be carried out with a brush, or apply a dry detergent . But frequent bathing can harm a pet, breaking the upper layer of the skin and, as a consequence, the structure of the hair.
- In regular care need and the ears, and eyes of the pet, which should be inspected 1-2 times a week. You can use a chamomile broth to wash your eyes. Ears should be wiped with a damp tampon moistened with water or an antiseptic. Claws are clipped to keeshonda once a month.
Photo of Keeshond
Video about Keeshond
Price of a puppy of keeshond
We'll figure out how much the puppy keeshond is worth. Representatives of this breed - the pleasure is not cheap. Experts recommend buying a puppy in a specialized nursery, since here, having paid a lot of money, the owner is guaranteed to receive a healthy, well-groomed animal with a good pedigree.
If finances do not allow, you can buy a puppy with a small marriage that will not allow him to exhibit at the exhibitions and use it for breeding, but he will not prevent him from being a favorite of the family. The most costly are females, suitable for breeding. The cost of pedigreed puppies depends on many factors and varies from 20,000 to 200,000 rubles.
Keeshond is a real living creature who will not let you get bored, and able to get out of any depression. Yes, and having a similar companion, you will have no time for moping. If the family lacks an active and positive member, then it is worth thinking about acquiring a puppy of this breed.
- Moscow and Moscow region http://daddy-line.ru
- Saint-Petersburg http://takeis.narod.ru/kontakt.htm