Dwarf pinscher (zwergpinscher) today recovers itself deserved popularity. The one who, hearing the "dwarf pincher", represents a tiny creature on thin legs, trembling and falling into hysterics for any reason, is deeply mistaken. Dwarf pinscher is the king of miniature dogs, a brave defender and an undoubted leader.
- История породы 1. History of the breed
- Описание породы карликовый пинчер (цвергпинчер) 2. Description of the breed dwarf pinscher (zwergpinscher)
- Характер 3. Character
- Дрессировка 4. Training
- Уход и здоровье 5. Care and health
- Кормление цверга 6. Feeding the duckweed
- Содержание собаки 7. The contents of the dog
- Фото карликового пинчера 8. Photo of the miniature pinscher
- Видео о карликовом пинчере 9. Video about the pygmy pinscher
- Где купить щенка 10. Where to buy a puppy
History of the breed
Homeland of the zwergpinscher is Germany. Officially this breed is represented in the world for more than 250 years. But in the XV century. there are descriptions of dogs that look like a zwergpinscher. On the canvases of the XVII century. depicts a dog that looks like a zwergpinscher. It is believed that the ancestor of the breed is the terrier, black and tan, taken out of the Albion. He became the basis for a miniature German dog.
First, the dwarf pinscher lived in stables and outbuildings, destroyed rodents and protected property from thieves. Later zwergpinscher settled in the house and became room pets. The breeding of this breed was purposefully carried out in Germany only in the XIX century in accordance with a standard that was approved in the year 80 of the XVII century.
In 1920, dwarf pinschers were exported to America, and already in 1925 the first club of lovers of these charming kids appeared here. The breeding book for this year contained more than 1300 records. In England, the pygmy pinscher settled only in 1950.
In the twentieth century, a miniature pinscher began to conquer the hearts of dog lovers. Officially, the breed was named Zwergpinscher, but in some countries there is also a customary name for the breed. For example, in Russia, the dwarf pinscher is more familiar, in the USA and the UK there is a mini Doberman or mini-pinscher.
Description of the breed dwarf pinscher (zwergpinscher)
Dwarf pinscher - an animal, composed in harmony, in the exterior, he has no signs characteristic of dwarfism:
- There are very strict growth parameters (at the withers of 25-30 cm) of the animal. The weight of an adult dog is 4-6 kg.
- The body is compact, muscular, dry, with deep square breast, somewhat sloping back and protruding withers.
- Forelegs of medium length, muscular, straight, set at a distance. The elbows are in the right position, are not turned out and are not set. The paw on the structure somewhat resembles a cat's, with tightly closed arched fingers and medium length with black claws.
- Eyes necessarily dark in color, somewhat almond-shaped, with no signs of bulging. They are located on the muzzle far apart, the eyelids are tightly closed and have dark pigmentation along the edge.
- The head is clearly delineated, triangular in shape. Nose with a black mirror, straight back. The shape of the cranium is oblong, smoothly turning into an exquisitely curved neck. The forehead is smooth and has a sharp but distinct transition to the base of the nose.
- The jaws are closed in a scissor bite, strong, with a full set (42) of teeth. Despite the fact that the chewing muscles are well developed, they do not break the contours and do not protrude on the cheekbones. Lips pigmented in black, closed all over.
- Ears are highly planted, standing or somewhat hanging, triangular, giving a small dog a warlike appearance. Sometimes ears stop, but it is not mandatory.
- The neck is quite long, has a smooth, noble bend without pronounced transition to the withers. The skin is tight, there are no wrinkles and a pendant or dewlap.
- Torso strong, muscular, compact due to the fact that the distance from the lower edge of the costal arch to the thigh is small. The lower abdomen forms a soft roundness that passes into the groin. The tail is stopped in some countries, but most often - natural.
Intra-breed types from different countries have some differences. American dogs have a compact, dry body with harmoniously traced muscles. They amaze with their grace and refinement. Mini pinschers from Israeli breeders on the exterior are surprisingly similar to Dobermans and have a beautiful sweeping trot.
Powerful, muscular, with a stocky torso, German mini pinschers and beautiful calm Nordic also have their fans.
The mini pinscher has a short, shiny, stiff coat that does not hide the shortcomings of the build and further emphasizes the strict, noble silhouette of the dog. Standard FCI allows two types of color - black lacquered with clear outlines of saturated tan and red (deer).
Black and tan color is characterized by a smooth, shiny black hair and contrasting tan marks, located above the eyes, on the lower part of the neck, on the pasterns and paws, from the inside of the thigh on the hind legs and from below the base of the tail. Clearly delineated triangles are on the chest, on both sides of the center line.
Deer color varies in different shades of thick brown with a reddish shine. It is solid, without scrapes. In zvergpincherov the mirror of the nose must be necessarily black, regardless of the color. Exception is allowed in chocolate color with tan marks of rust color. They can have a brown nose.
The main feature of the character of a brave baby is self-confidence. In addition, the mini-pinscher features:
- pride - the dog can not bear reprimands with increasing tone, the more physical punishment;
- devotion - he is devoted to the family and extremely distrustful of outsiders. Protects the owners even from larger animals. But this dog expects that the master will guide him, otherwise he will take "guidance" on himself;
- an excellent watchman - watchdog qualities appear in the dwarf pinscher to 4 months. He bravely bows out his attitude to uninvited guests and attacks, warning of serious intentions to protect the good of the owners;
- leadership skills. The dog in the family gets on well with other animals, but always tries to take the lead, even if its neighbor is a big fighting dog;
- fearlessness - despite its tiny size, the dog has strong jaws, sharp teeth and a mind that will help cope with an opponent superior in strength;
- energy - the dog is indefatigable, inquisitive. In it, the key beats energy, which makes it an indispensable companion of sports, mobile people. Playfulness and nimble in the absence of control requires an exit, and the dog can "turn upside down" the apartment;
- poise - for all of their qualities, the pinscher is not inclined to "hysterics", rarely raises noise without reason. Thanks to the sharp mind, the dog analyzes what is happening around him and reacts accordingly. With proper upbringing, this is a sensible and sober dog;
- high adaptability - thanks to a strong nervous system, intelligence, resourcefulness and friendliness, the dog quickly adapts to changing conditions.
The bright, multifaceted nature of the dwarf pinscher attracts many dog lovers, but it's worth remembering that this dog does not suit everyone.
Training dwarf pinscher, mainly aimed at controlling leadership claims. It is recommended to begin training at 3-4 months, when the puppy's nervous system is already formed, and he is ready to understand the requirements and execute the commands.
In the basis of training put the natural inclination of dogs. Training must develop in the dog useful skills and minimize individual character deficiencies. The desire to assert leadership, aggression with age can turn a dog into a wicked creature that brings only troubles.
Hardness in dressing is mandatory, but it is necessary to influence the zwergpinscher with patience, only in extreme cases imposing penalties. The trainer must remember the proud, sensitive nature of the dog. Rudeness and pity are equally unacceptable in the education of the dog. He is very clever, and indulging his whims quickly grow into manipulation.
But in general the zwergpinscher is well trained and, with the right approach, an intelligent, loyal, balanced companion grows out of an active, playful puppy.
Care and health
Zvergpinscher is a dog that is distinguished by strong health. On average, he lives about 13 years. Despite the miniature size, the zwergpinscher is not a pampered pet dog that requires hothouse conditions. With him, you can walk in the cold, to protect them from the cold, they need a minimal "clothing", not constraining the movements.
To prevent infectious diseases, timely vaccination is necessary. In addition, there are genetically determined pathologies:
- dysplasia of the hip and elbow joint;
- retinal atrophy;
- dislocation of the patella.
If the owner knows about the risk of these hereditary diseases and properly takes care of the dog, regularly visits a veterinarian, then with good care the dog is able to live up to 15-18 years.
Like any dog, a miniature pinscher requires care for the hair and paws, cleaning the ears, teeth and eyes. Proper diet, regular walks help maintain physical fitness and health. But care for zwergpinscher is minimal. Its dense, without bald patches, well-fitting hair to the body does not require special care. It is enough to clean it from dust and dropped hairs with a brush or a rigid glove.
Dogs like this kind of care, because they are very clean in character. Wash dogs should be the case if the coat is heavily soiled. Because of the thin fat layer, the dog's skin is prone to drying out and does not tolerate frequent exposure to detergents. When bathing the dog is better to use a special shampoo with protein. In the rest of the time, smooth wool is enough to wipe with a damp cloth and comb out, which will ensure increased blood supply to the bulbs, growth and strengthening of the hair.
Ears, eyes and teeth must be cleaned from childhood. So the puppy quickly gets used to procedures and perceives them as natural. The health of zwergpinscher largely depends on nutrition.
Feeding the duckweed
The diet for miniature pinscher is important, as the lack of minerals and vitamins, too fatty, fried foods, smoked foods and sweets lead to the manifestation of hereditary pathologies, diseases, disruption of metabolic processes. obesity.
Today there is a large selection of dry feeds that provide the dog with a full, balanced diet. Choose a good quality feed ("premium" or "super-premium"), designed for dogs of miniature breeds.
At a natural feed in a diet of the adult dog of 40% necessarily it is given to raw meat of low-fat grades. Poultry meat is recommended in small numbers for puppies. Vegetables, heat treated or uncooked, should be 1/3 portion. Vegetable dish can be flavored with a small amount of vegetable oil. And 30% of the volume of food is porridge. It is recommended to give preference to oatmeal, buckwheat or wheat.
For one serving, enough food is enough for the dog to eat everything at a time. Feeding is organized clearly in time and in the designated place. Excessive nutrition is unacceptable, as it is fraught with obesity, disease and adversely affect the quality of life of the pet.
Dwarf pinscher - active, mobile dog, but has a tendency to obesity. Therefore, she needs to provide walks, ideally 2 times a day, even if she is accustomed to the tray. In addition, mobile games are required, walking in specially equipped areas, where a dog could train muscles and play. It is necessary to walk with a mini-pincher for 1-2 hours, since, despite the huge energy reserve, it is a small dog and can get tired.
Pesic well tolerates the cold and to -7 ° C can do with a light "coat", but at -10 ° C it starts to freeze the paws. For walking in such cold weather shoes are needed. Short hair, especially black, in the heat can cause overheating. On walks in the summer it is worth taking water and periodically wetting the dog's hair, giving her a drink.
At home, having his bed and a set of toys left for a long time unattended, the dwarf pinscher begins to entertain himself - spoiling things and climbing into places that should not be. So you need to give him enough attention. Dwarf pinschers have a very developed sense of territoriality, so it should have its own corner, preferably isolated from encroachments, noise and unnecessary attention.
Sleeper should not be placed under the air conditioning or in a draft, as a short-haired dog can be overcooled. Dogs of this breed love to play and are happy to collect a collection of their own toys, and rearranging them is an important and exciting pastime.
Photo of a miniature pinscher
Video about the pygmy pinscher
Where to buy a puppy
A pedigree puppy of a dwarf pintler can be bought only in the nursery, where the owner guarantees health, conditions of maintenance, consistent with the law on breeding and compliance with breed requirements. In the Russian Federation there are several nurseries registered in the international cynological Federation: