Powerful, beautiful, from which the natural force is blowing - this is a cane corso. The breed can be called original, as their appearance and amazing skills have been preserved for many centuries. There are a lot of these dogs from their closest ancestors - Molossian Great Danes, but, naturally, time and breeding activities nevertheless touched these giants. Today, the harsh dogs are not only bodyguards, but also true friends.
- История происхождения породы 1. History of the origin of the breed
- Характер кане-корсо 2. The character of the Cane Corso
- Описание породы кане-корсо 3. Description of the breed Cane Corso
- Окрасы кане-корсо 4. Cane Corso colors
- Как ухаживать и содержать кане-корсо 5. How to care for and maintain a cane corso
- Фото кане-корсо 6. Photo of the Cane Corso
- Видео о кане-корсо 7. Video about the Cane Corso
- Цена кане-корсо 8. Cane Corso price
History of the origin of the breed
The history of the formation of the breed is estimated for many centuries. Cane Corso is a descendant of the Tibetan Great Danes of antiquity. These dogs still cause respect, and sometimes even fear, but in those days it was such formidable dogs that were especially appreciated.
The first representative of the breed appeared on the territory of Eurasia for 1000 years BC. Then the aggressive dog, having the skill of catching people, received as a gift the Chinese emperor. Tibetan mastiffs spread fairly quickly over the mainland, some modern breeds also came from them. Naturally, new dogs were taken out for specific needs. The descendants of the Molossian Great Danes in the Roman Empire were used for arena battles, military campaigns and as guards.
Historians managed to find chronicle mentions of giant Corso dogs participating in hunting and harvests, dated 14-15 centuries. It should be noted that in some localities dogs were used to protect cattle.
If we talk about the official history of a particular breed of cane corso. then it begins with the beginning of the prosperity of the Empire of the Romans. It was in the historical monuments of these times that multiple images of these powerful dogs could be found. The formation of the rock is closely connected with the history of development of Italy. In the empire dogs fought in battles and in the arena, and also guarded slaves and palace territories.
When the empire fell, the dogs received new blood, for example, they were crossed with Celtic hounds. Under the new conditions, the cane corso was used to hunt and protect farms. Representatives of this breed also for a long time engaged in the distillation of livestock, which severed them from the outside world and laid the genetic level of devotion to one master.
Such a variety of posts made the representatives of the breed a multifaceted dog, which remains to this day. Dogs were valued highly enough, so they followed the quality gene pool. But still and at such demanded breed peaks of ups and downs are marked.
For example, the beginning of the Second World War affected the development of almost all breeds, and the cane-corso did not pass. The fatal famine and the active use of giants on the advanced led the breed to the brink of extinction. But there was one person - Giovanni Bonatti Nizzoli, who decided, with perseverance and titanic efforts, to revive this excellent breed.
In 1983, a group of like-minded Nitzzoli gathered around the country by a miracle of surviving thoroughbred cane corso, and in 4 years the first officially approved breed standard appeared. This document not only gave an accurate description of dogs, but also emphasized the distinctive features of them from other descendants of the Molosses - different types of mastiffs.
Open tribal registration occurred in 1994, but before this positive assessment of experts and recognition, more than 500 producers and several hundred cubs of cane corso have achieved. The official recognition of the breed positively influenced its development and distribution. The number of dogs increased significantly and exceeded 3,000. In 1996, the best Italian representative of the breed became the winner at an international exhibition.
Character of the Cane Corso
Representatives of the Cane Corso breed cause not only fear, but also genuine interest, and admiring glances. And indeed, they have a rather colorful exterior. Not only are they beautiful, they also have an intelligent, attentive look and unique mimic abilities. They live cane corso not as long as their owners would like - on average 11 years.
Future owners warn that puppies must necessarily take a course of general training, and grown dogs further socialization is "a dog in the city". If you intend to use your pet as a bodyguard, you should contact a professional cynologist.
As for the nature of dogs, in a nutshell it is impossible to tell about these unique animals. Among the main qualities can be noted the following:
- The quality of the guards at the Cane Corso in the blood, and even without special training, they will perform this function. And this will affect not only family members, but also property, and the surrounding territory.
- Dogs are fairly balanced - if a visitor comes showing friendliness to the owners, then aggression from the pet should not be expected. The latent threat also does not become an occasion for active actions, initially the dog will let know that he controls the situation. The giant attacks only when manifesting aggressive actions, or by obtaining the appropriate command from the owner.
- Cane Corso gets along well with other pets , and even finds a common language with those pets who are not very happy with the new resident. The dog can live with cats, birds, small dogs.
- Dogs are very careful about younger members of the family - these are echoes of long wanderings with flocks - the instinct to protect everyone who is less. Giants are not "touched" by children, even strangers, they will patronize them with special zeal and zeal. And yes, parents do not need to worry, dogs are the "ideal" patients or clients of future doctors, hairdressers and other professionals, and are capable of tolerating various manipulations without resentment. Dogs can manifest themselves in two ways - to slip away, and if it is not possible, then patiently to demolish everything.
- Cane Corso is quite intelligent , he suffices once to say that the dog has done the required.
- The dog has no propensity for leadership and is unlimitedly devoted to the family.
Despite the severe and unapproachable appearance, thoroughbred representatives are extremely important to receive the approval of the owner, they can not without emotional contact. Also they are very true and the change of owners is a difficult test for the pet.
Dogs are not too "talkative" and unobtrusive. Cane Corso will bark only if there is a serious reason for this, and play when he is called. This is a great companion for games, both for children and adults. Future owners should know and not the most pleasant qualities of the breed, or rather some nuances:
- Slobbery - salivary fluid is excessively abundant, and its amount increases after the dog has drunk or shaken. From clothes and furniture it is difficult to wipe it off.
- Moult - Cane Corso has no undercoat, and wool looks like small sharp needles, which crumble where the dog passes. Moreover, they molt dogs all year round.
- Dogs are quite large and have developed musculature, and this requires a large amount of food , mostly protein. Only fully eating, the dog will look beautiful and well-groomed.
- Often the puppies are fearful , they are frightened by sharp sounds and strange objects. Usually, with timely socialization, it passes them. Otherwise, a large dog with a fierce look will shy away from a running cat or a rustling package.
- Growing a cane-corset puppy is somewhat troublesome. For example, improper nutrition can cause problems with ligaments and subsequently joint diseases. Or another nuance - the walking of a small pet immediately after a meal is not advisable, since it may have a deflection of the back. And, like representatives of other large breeds, puppy corset up to 4 months should be lowered from the ladder on hands, since at this age the excessive load on the pastern is contraindicated.
- If you need a dog for outdoor or aviary content, then the cane-corset is absolutely not suitable, since they do not have undercoat and are extremely cold at low temperatures.
Description of the breed Cane Corso
The characteristic of the breed is a special cane-corso. These are large dogs, the growth of males varies within the range of 62-70 cm, the bitches - 58-66 cm. The males weigh approximately 45-50 kg, females - 40-45 kg. Both males and females possess well-developed, relief musculature. Housing for animals in a stretched format. The standard describes corso as follows:
- The head of the dogs is massive, elongated, with a wide cranium. Ahead slightly convex, and at the occipital part flat.
- The muzzle ends in a black nose with large nostrils. Lips at the corso hang, but they completely cover the wide jaws with a light snack. Eyes small, oval and slightly convex, iris of black color. There are individuals with light eyes, but this is more likely an exception.
- Corso ears have a high fit, they are triangular, hanging. Sometimes they stop .
- The neck is muscular and has the same length as the head. The backbone is strong, with well-defined withers. The sternum is wide, well developed.
- The tail has a high fit and a thick base, stopping it after the 4th disk of the spine.
- The extremities of dogs are strong, with good muscle mass and powerful shoulders. Pasterns in dogs are round and bulky. Cane Corso has wide and sweeping movements.
- Skin thick, covered with short, shiny hair with a rare undercoat. If the dog is of medium length, wavy or devoid of rigidity, then this refers to significant defects of vices.
Cane Corso colors
Wool can be any color, but monophonic:
- black cane corso is genetically closer to the daughters;
- gray or ashy - to mastino-neopalitano;
- fawn or tiger dogs have among the ancestors of dogs breeds a boxer or a Staffordshire terrier.
This opinion has confirmation, since in the appearance of dogs some traits of the listed breeds can be traced.
We advise you to read about:
How to care for and keep a corset
The health of a pet of this breed directly depends on the quality of care for it. But future owners should not be frightened by such a statement, since the Cane Corso can not be attributed to especially capricious dogs. That the dog looked good and felt, it is necessary to consider some features:
- Preparation of the place . While waiting for the appearance of a puppy in the house, one should start preparing the place, since the cane-corso needs a limited area that is inaccessible to strangers. Having determined the place for a new pet, it is not likely to relocate it later. Also it is worth considering that it is undesirable to go to the area of the pet to strangers. If weather conditions allow to keep a dog on the street, it is necessary to install a box protecting the animal from cold and precipitation. Cane Corso was one of the first to change the look of dog breeders to the maintenance of large breeds. As it turned out, they are suitable not only for the protection of private territory, but also for living in apartment conditions.
- Physical activity . Choosing a thoroughbred representative, it is worth considering that the muscular texture of the pet requires appropriate physical exertion - training, jogging, dressing. Naturally, this requires a lot of energy and time from the owners. If the dog does not get what is required, then it does not escape colossal damage to furniture, doors, personal belongings, and so on.
- Communication . Cane Corso is quite sociable, and they need to meet with their own kind, the more quality productive game is possible only if there is an active companion.
- Coat . Coat does not require special care, but still a regular combing with a stiff brush is required, this minimizes the amount of wool in the house.
- Health . Like other dogs that do not have undercoat, cane corso is a tasty morsel for organisms parasitizing on the skin - fleas , ticks and others. This implies regular antiparasitic treatments, especially in the spring and summer. It is also necessary to inspect the ears and, if necessary, cleanse the accumulated dirt . More often the dust settles in the open docked ears of dogs.
Read also : what to feed the Cane Corso .
Cane Corso photo
Video about Cane Corso
Cane Corso price
We will understand how much is the puppy of a cane corso. This breed, despite its rich history, is young and rare. Therefore, not so often there are puppies on sale from private traders. But if you can still find it, you can buy a pet without a pedigree for 13,000-15,000 rubles. However, no one will give any guarantees as to whether this will be a mentally and physically healthy animal.
The price of a cane corso from a nursery as a companion of about 20,000-25,000 rubles, suitable for breeding costs an average of 35,000 rubles, and the future champion is 60000 rubles and more.
Choosing such a serious dog, it is worthwhile to think carefully before, because the pet will require additional costs, has special care and needs regular classes. Only then will the dog be in joy, and besides, faithfully and faithfully serve his family.