The dog is no longer one millennium living next to the man, following him everywhere. With the advent of cities, these animals have adapted to live in urban environments. However, some breeds did not succeed. We will tell you which dog is better to have in the apartment.
- Идеальные собаки для детей 1. Ideal dogs for children
- Питомцы с отличным характером 2. Pets with great character
- Питомец мальчик: все за и против 3. Pet boy: all the pros and cons
- Собака-самка: за и против 4. Female Dog: Pros and Cons
- Питомцы с лучшим шерстным покровом 5. Pets with the best coat
- Отношение собак с другими питомцами 6. The relationship of dogs with other pets
Ideal dogs for children
Very often when choosing a pet, people pay attention not to the size and length of the coat, but to its communicative abilities and ability to get along with the children. After all, dogs are often purchased for younger members of the family.
In this case, you should evaluate various factors - the size of housing, the presence or absence of allergies in the child, age. And of course, it is necessary to decide - who needs - a guard or a toy dog. But be that as it may, there are breeds that get along well with children and should be considered as a four-legged friend for a child:
- Golden Retriever is an ideal companion dog, it is a cheerful and kind dog, docile and easily trained.
- The basset hound is a rather picturesque breed, the representatives of which are optimistic, loudly barking ruts. One of the quality basset - stubbornness, but they are immensely kind and loyal.
- Scottish Shepherd Dogs (collie and sheltie) - given their herding origins, it is easy to assume that they will guard their new “flock” perfectly, paying special attention to younger members. They are excellent, caring nannies, but it is worth considering that these dogs are quite “loud”.
- Welsh Corgi - also shepherd, but compact size; they are active, mobile and always ready for games, in addition, they are very brave and able to protect their master.
Growing children are great pets related to hunting breeds. Spaniels, Fox Terriers , Bigley have an active, cheerful disposition, they are excellent companions for joint fun. Adolescents are ideally suited for dogs of service breeds - the German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Giant Schnauzer, Doberman. These dogs need education and training, and their intellect allows them to learn new skills without professionals. That is, even a child can teach your pet.
It is not necessary to take in the family with kids puppies decorative breeds. First, inaccurate handling of small animals can lead to trauma to the latter, and, moreover, their nervous system requires a calm atmosphere, which is almost impossible in the presence of small children. And most importantly - caring for a dog bought for a child, yet will fall on the shoulders of parents, it is desirable that they be ready for this.
Pets with great character
If for a private house in most cases they get dogs with protective qualities and some aggression, then for the apartment, as a rule, a companion dog is needed - friendly and sociable. However, it is necessary to take into account other traits, both dogs and owner.
Pets for sports and active pastime
In this case, in addition to good character, the animal must have genetic health, mobility and endurance. Representatives of the following breeds meet these requirements:
- Schnauzers (Risen, Tsverg and Mittel);
- collie and border collie ;
- all species of pinschers (that large, that small dogs are very active);
- terriers (without adding blood to dogs for baiting);
- Fox terriers.
Features of such breeds is the need for regular, active walking - with games and training. Otherwise, the dog can turn the house into ruins and will do it not out of evil, but out of boredom.
If you need a calm, phlegmatic dog
Sometimes you need a dog that will accompany on foot walks, not to react to possible hunting objects and not to show aggression towards strangers and animals. In this case, it is better to have a dog of the following breeds:
- chow chow ;
- Bulldog ( Frenchman or Englishman);
- Mastino Neapolitano;
- Welsh Corgi (Pembroke and Cardigan);
- Chinese Crested Dog.
These dogs differ in emotional stability and strong mentality. Moreover, some large representatives of the above breeds are better suited for small-sized housing than smaller, but hyperactive dogs.
Active dogs for games and long walks
In the house with children perfectly get on dogs that can play, run, participating in various fun. If parents do not mind a small pie and can afford to spend 2-3 hours a day on pet walking, then you should pay attention to small hunting breeds:
- fox terriers;
- Jack Russell Terriers;
- airedale terriers;
If there is a park or playground near the house where the dog can throw out excess energy, then you can have a Labrador puppy or a poodle. Representatives of these breeds are playful and not dirty.
Often people need a companion who will be happy to lie next to the TV, while not showing intrusiveness and not requiring active games. The "lazy" rocks include:
- shih tzu;
- Neapolitan Mastiff;
- Lhasa Apso;
- Chinese Crested;
- basset hound.
But, despite the laziness, it is still worth noting that any dog needs attention and care. In addition, the pet must be educated, even the most stolid.
Pet Boy: Pros and Cons
Having decided to purchase a four-legged friend and having decided on the breed, another, equally important question arises before the future owners - whether it will be a female or a male. The advantages and disadvantages of pets of both sexes, you just need to evaluate them and prioritize. If we talk about the positive aspects of dog-dogs, then this includes the following:
- There are no streaks and their consequences in the form of undesirable offspring. The owner will not have to walk the pet in “critical periods” in “rushes”, brushing aside from annoying gentlemen. In addition, it will not be necessary to wear special panties and other devices.
- If there are active exhibition activities in the plans, then males are also preferable - you will not have to refuse to participate because of estrus, carrying or raising offspring or the recovery period. The same can be said about hunting and sporting events.
- Males - more large and colorful representatives of the breed.
As for who performs better security and other functions, the opinions of experts are ambiguous. But males have their drawbacks, which also should be considered when choosing:
- Males, in most cases, are loving and can leave the owner, seeing the current female. Here there are two solutions to the problem - to contact the specialists and to train the pet well or to walk it exclusively on a leash (see how to accustom to the leash ).
- Males have a more stubborn temper and a desire to dominate. This complicates their maintenance with other dogs of the same sex, and besides, they need a host with leadership qualities. If there is a strong hand, then problems can be avoided.
- Males need longer walks and this is due to their physiological characteristics. Males empty the bladder immediately, but gradually, it takes at least 30 minutes, but the optimal time is 45 minutes.
- An unpleasant trait of males - they mark their territory and can do it at home. In this case, castration helps most effectively, there are also methods of behavior correction.
- Males have a sharper smell than females.
- While walking from males you can expect an aggressive reaction to other males.
- To become an enviable male producer will have to work hard. Advantages have dogs with various championship titles with excellent standard qualities.
If the owner does not see the need to knit his pet, then it is best to subject the dog to castration - this will improve behavior, reduce aggressiveness, and also reduce the likelihood of developing cancer and inflammation of the prostate.
Female Dog: Pros and Cons
Bitches, too, have their own characteristics and can be considered as a pet of the family. They have quite a lot of positive qualities:
- The females are more calm and flexible, they show a great affection for the owner and the house.
- They believe that bitches have more developed intelligence and high emotionality, it is easier for them to explain what they can do at home and what is punishable.
- They are less aggressive.
- Using them for breeding is easier - even a single show rating allows you to do this.
- Walking with a pet can be short-term, as the females do their “tricks” much faster.
- Puppies are definitely a plus, despite the troubles, it is a source of joy and good mood.
The disadvantages of keeping a bitch in an apartment include the following:
- Flowing - definitely, this can be a problem, especially if the female is not very clean. In addition, annoying gentlemen may appear at the door of the apartment, disturbing the pet and annoying the owners. Naturally, during this period the dog needs more attention.
- Despite the less aggressive nature, bitches can conflict and even fight with their own kind, and the fights they have more brutal than in males.
Another nuance - females have a more modest appearance. However, when you choose a four-legged friend - all these pluses and minuses recede into the background and from the first glance you can recognize “your” pet.
Pets with the best coat
In this case, not the showiness or beauty of the coat is considered, but completely different qualities. Many people can not decide on the purchase of a pet because of wool, which can crumble, especially during the molting, as well as cause allergic reactions. But there are rocks for which molting is not peculiar, and they emit a low amount of allergens. And they may have a smart fur coat or not have it at all. The following breeds belong to this category of dogs:
- Maltese. Very charming little dog with beautiful wool - snow-white and similar to silk. However, the pet does not leave it on carpets and pieces of furniture. In addition, the lap dog is playful, positive and very gentle. This is a great apartment option.
- Tibetan Terrier. A rather rare breed in our country, representatives of which look like big toys - shaggy and amusing. They are hypoallergenic and lose wool, but need regular care, which can take a long time.
- Yorkie Yorkshire terriers are quite popular in Russia. These tiny milahi are ideal for an apartment, because they practically do not fade, take up little space and can walk in the tray. But it should be borne in mind that they can be very capricious.
- Shih Tzu. Since the wool of representatives of this breed does not fall out on its own, it must be combed or trimmed. Otherwise, these chrysanthemum dogs are excellent companions, loving and very flexible.
- Portuguese water dog. This is a great option for fans of unusual, rare breeds (this dog can be found in the Guinness Book of Records), and in addition, this dog is larger than previous representatives. But it is worth noting that this is a hunting breed, not a decorative one, and because of its rarity it is not so easy to buy it.
- Brussels Griffin. They are also called small Belgian dogs - pets with a funny little face that makes them look like monkeys. They not only do not shed, but are excellent companions for a family with children.
- Poodle. These curly dogs, all their varieties - toi, mini and standard hypoallergenic, do not shed and do not have a specific smell. But the popularity of the breed is also influenced by their character - they are smart, quick-witted, very loyal and get along well with children and other animals.
- Bichon Frize. Funny dogs with the appearance of plush toys - they are cheerful, playful and very sociable. They communicate well with everyone, but they do not tolerate loneliness well and are not as clever as, for example, service dogs.
- Chinese Crested Dog. All representatives of the breed, both naked and puffs almost do not shed. They are active, energetic, real companions and excellent family dogs. Minus - they do not tolerate temperature drops and need their own wardrobe.
- Schnauzers. Representatives of all kinds do not fade, but the giant schnauzers are large enough for an ordinary apartment. But mittel and tsverg are quite suitable. But these dogs are very energetic, require long, active walking and can be very capricious.
This is not all breeds that are suitable for allergy sufferers, but many are quite rare. In any case, people who love dogs, but who have health problems, always have a choice.
Dog attitudes with other pets
The choice of a four-legged friend in the presence of other animals in the house is much more complicated. But if this issue is approached seriously, the solution can be fully found;
- If there are already rodents, birds and other small animals in the house, the dog should not possess the instinct of pursuit; in this case you should not choose a hunting breed, but they can get along with cats and other dogs.
- Among the breeds that are friendly to cats and other animals, we can mention hounds, Cocker Spaniels, Samoyeds , Retrievers, Bobtails, Labradors.
- But Jack Russell Terriers, Pit Bull Terriers, Greyhounds, Cairn Terriers, Weimar Pointing Dogs, Rottweilers, Welsh Terriers, German Pinschers and Border Collies are better kept separately from cats.
Of course, the averaged data speak only of general characteristics. In practice, it is rare, but there are situations when a pit bull is friends with a cat, and a spaniel does not chase a parrot ... But still, instincts, often win.
The dog in the apartment - for someone it seems unacceptable, however, most people do not think of their lives without four-legged barking pets. With the right approach, you can choose not just a dog, but a real friend, a family member.