The dog has been living with man for thousands of years, following him everywhere. With the advent of cities these animals adapted for living in urban conditions. However, this did not happen to some breeds. We will tell you which dog is better to have in the apartment.
- Идеальные собаки для детей 1. Ideal dogs for children
- Питомцы с отличным характером 2. Pets with an excellent character
- Питомец мальчик: все за и против 3. Pet boy: all for and against
- Собака-самка: за и против 4. Female dog: for and against
- Питомцы с лучшим шерстным покровом 5. Pets with the best coat
- Отношение собак с другими питомцами 6. The attitude of dogs to other pets
Ideal dogs for children
Very often when choosing a pet, people pay attention not to the size and length of the coat, but to its communicative capabilities and the ability to get along with children. After all, dogs are often bought for the younger members of the family.
In this case, you should evaluate various factors - the size of housing, the presence or absence of allergies in the child, age. And of course, it is worth determining - who is needed - a guard or a dog-toy. But, be that as it may, there are breeds that get along well with children and they should be considered as a four-legged friend for the child:
- The Golden Retriever is an ideal companion dog, it is a cheerful and kind dog, easygoing and easy to learn.
- Basset Hound - a pretty colorful breed, whose representatives are optimistic, loudly barking reverie. One of the quality of bassets is stubbornness, but they are immensely kind and devoted.
- Scottish Shepherds (collies and shelties) - given their shepherd's origin, it's easy to assume that their new "herd" will be protected perfectly, paying special attention to the younger members. They are excellent, caring nannies, but it should be borne in mind that these dogs are quite "loud".
- Welsh corgi are also sheep-dogs, but of compact size; they are active, mobile and always ready for games, in addition, they are very brave and are able to protect their master.
Adolescents related to hunting breeds are excellent for grown-up children. Spaniels, fox terriers , bigles are distinguished by an active, cheerful disposition, they are excellent companions for joint amusements. Adolescents are ideally suited for dogs of service breeds - German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Riesen Schnauzer, Doberman. These dogs need education and training, and their intellect allows them to learn new skills without professionals. That is, even a child can train his pupil.
Do not take in the family with the puppies of puppies decorative rocks. First, inaccurate treatment of small animals can lead to injuries of the latter, and, in addition, their nervous system requires a calm atmosphere, which is almost impossible with the presence of small children. And most importantly - caring for the dog, bought for the child, still lies on the shoulders of the parents, it is desirable that they were ready for this.
Pets with a great character
If for a private house in most cases dogs with protective qualities and some aggression are born, then for the apartment, as a rule, a companion dog is needed - friendly and sociable. However, it is necessary to take into account other traits of character, both dogs and owner.
Pets for sports and active pastime
In this case, in addition to good character, the animal must possess genetic health, mobility and endurance. Such requirements are met by representatives of the following breeds:
- schnauzers (rizen, zverg and mittel);
- Collie and border collie ;
- all varieties of pinschers (that large, that small dogs are very active);
- Terriers (without adding the blood of dogs for baiting);
- fox terriers.
Features of such breeds is the need for regular, active walking - with games and training. Otherwise, the dog can turn the house into ruins and do it not from evil, but from boredom.
If you need a calm, phlegmatic dog
Sometimes you need a dog that will accompany on foot walks, do not respond to possible hunting objects and not show aggression to strangers and animals. In this case it is better to have a dog of the following breeds:
- chow-chow ;
- bulldog ( Frenchman or Englishman);
- welsh corgi (pembroke and cardigan);
- Chinese Crested Dog.
These dogs are characterized by emotional stability and strong psyche. And some large representatives of the above breeds are better suited for small-sized housing, than smaller, but hyperactive dogs.
Active dogs for games and long walks
In the house with the children dogs that can play, run, participate in various games perfectly coexist. If the parents do not mind a small eralash and can afford to spend 2-3 hours a day on the pedestrian's walking, then it's worth paying attention to medium-sized hunting breeds:
- fox terriers;
- Jack Russell Terriers;
- Airedale terriers;
If there is a park or a playground near the house where the dog can splash out excess energy, you can get a puppy of a Labrador or Poodle. Representatives of these breeds are playful and not dirty.
Often people need a companion who will be happy to lie next to the TV, while not showing intrusiveness and not demanding active gambling. The "lazy" breeds include:
- Neapolitan mastiff;
- Lhasa Apso;
- Chinese Crested;
- basset hound.
But, despite laziness, it is worth noting that any dog needs attention and care. In addition, the pet must be educated, even the most phlegmatic.
Pet boy: all for and against
Deciding to buy a four-legged friend and deciding on the breed, the future owners face another, no less important question - whether it will be a female or male. Advantages and disadvantages are in pets of both sexes, you only need to evaluate them and prioritize them. If we talk about the positive aspects of dog dogs, then this includes the following:
- There are no estrus and their consequences in the form of undesirable offspring. The owner will not have to walk at a critical period of the pet "dashes", brushing off annoying gentlemen. In addition, no need to wear special panties and other devices.
- If there is an active exhibition activity in the plans, then the males are also preferable - they will not have to refuse participation because of estrus, gestation or rearing of offspring or the recovery period. The same can be said about hunting and sports competitions.
- Male animals - larger and more colorful representatives of the breed.
As for those who better perform security and other functions, then the opinions of experts are ambiguous. But males also have their shortcomings, which are also worth considering when choosing:
- The males, in most cases, are loving and can throw the master, seeing the black female. Here there are two solutions to the problem - to turn to specialists and train a well-liked pet or to walk him exclusively on a leash (see how to accustom him to the leash ).
- Dogs are distinguished by a more stubborn disposition and a desire for domination. This complicates their content with other dogs of the same sex, and in addition, they need a host possessing leadership qualities. If there is a strong hand, then problems can be avoided.
- Males need longer walks and this is due to their physiological characteristics. Males empty the bladder not immediately, but gradually, this will take at least 30 minutes, but the optimal time is 45 minutes.
- Unpleasant traits of males - they mark their territory and can do it at home. In this case, castration is most effective, and there are also methods for correcting behavior.
- Males have a sharper smell than females.
- During the walking from the males, you can wait for an aggressive reaction to other males.
- To become an enviable male producer, you have to work hard. Advantages are possessed by dogs with various champion titles, which have excellent standard qualities.
If the owner does not see the need to knit his pet, it is best to subject the dog to castration - this will improve behavior, reduce aggressiveness, and also reduce the likelihood of developing cancer and inflammation of the prostate.
Dog-female: for and against
Bitches also have their own characteristics and can be considered as a favorite of the family. They have quite a lot of positive qualities:
- The females are more calm and flexible, they show a greater affection for the owner and the house.
- It is believed that the bitches have more developed intelligence and high emotionality, they can easily explain what can be done at home, and what is punishable.
- They are less aggressive.
- Use them for breeding is easier - even one exhibition estimate allows you to do this.
- Walk with the pet can be short-lived, as the females do their "tricks" much faster.
- Puppies - this is definitely a plus, despite the hassle, this is the source of joy and good mood.
The disadvantages of keeping a bitch in an apartment include the following:
- Heat is definitely, it can be a problem, especially if the female is not very clean. In addition, at the door of the apartment annoying gentlemen may appear, worrying about the pet and irritating the owners. Naturally, during this period the dog needs more attention.
- Despite the less aggressive nature, bitches can conflict and even fight with their own kind, and their fights are more cruel than that of males.
Another nuance - females have a more modest appearance. However, when you choose a four-legged friend - all these pluses and minuses recede into the background and at first glance you can recognize your "pet".
Pets with the best coat
In this case, the effect or beauty of the coat is not considered, but quite different qualities. Many people can not decide to purchase a pet because of the hair that can crumble, especially during the moulting, and cause allergic reactions. But there are rocks for which moulting is not characteristic, and they release a low amount of allergens. And they can have a smart fur coat or not have it at all. This category of dogs includes the following breeds:
- Maltese. Very charming little dog, possessing a beautiful fur coat - snow-white and similar to silk. However, the pet does not leave it on carpets and furniture. In addition, the lap-dog is playful, positive and very affectionate. This is a great apartment option.
- Tibetan Terrier. A fairly rare breed in our country, whose representatives are like big toys - shaggy and funny. They are hypoallergenic and lose hair, but they need regular care, which can take a long time.
- Yorkie. Yorkshire terriers are quite popular in Russia. These tiny milaha are ideal for an apartment, because they practically do not shed, take up little space and can walk into the tray. But it is worth considering that they can be very wayward.
- Shih Tzu. Since the wool of the representatives of this breed does not fall out on its own, it must be combed or cut. In the rest, these dog-chrysanthemums are excellent companions, loving and very accommodating.
- Portuguese water dog. This is an excellent option for fans of unusual, rare breeds (this dog can be found in the Guinness book of records), and in addition, this dog is larger than the previous representatives. But, it is worth noting that this is a hunting breed, not decorative, and because of the rarity it is not so easy to buy it.
- Brussels Griffin. They are also called small Belgian dogs - pets with a funny face that makes them look like monkeys. They not only do not molt, but are excellent companions for a family with children.
- Poodle. These curly dogs, all of their varieties - those, mini and standard are hypoallergenic, do not shed and do not have a specific smell. But the popularity of the breed is also affected by their character - they are smart, smart, very loyal and get along well with children and other animals.
- Bichon Frize. Funny dogs with the appearance of plush toys - they are cheerful, playful and very sociable. They communicate perfectly with everyone, but they do not tolerate loneliness and are not as smart as, for example, official dogs.
- Chinese Crested Dog. All the representatives of the breed, both naked and downy, almost do not shed. They are active, energetic, true companions and excellent family dogs. Minus - they do not tolerate temperature changes and need their own wardrobe.
- Schnauzer. Representatives of all kinds do not shed, but the Risen Schnauzer is quite large for an ordinary apartment. But the mittel and the zwerg are quite suitable. But these dogs are very energetic, they require long, active walking and can be very willful.
This is not all breeds that are suitable for allergy sufferers, but many are quite rare. In any case, people who love dogs, but who have health problems, always have a choice.
Dogs with other pets
The choice of a four-legged friend in the presence of other animals in the house is much more complicated. But if you approach this issue seriously, the solution can be quite found, the main thing is to take into account some of the subtleties:
- If the house already has rodents, birds and other small animals, then the dog should not have the instinct of persecution; In this case, you should not choose a hunting breed, but with cats and other dogs they can get along.
- Among the breeds friendly to cats and other animals, you can note hounds, cocker spaniels, Samoyeds , retrievers, bobtails, Labradors.
- But jack rassel terriers, pitbull terriers, greyhounds, core-terriers, Weimar cops, rottweilers, welsh terriers, German pinschers and border collies are better kept separate from the feline.
Of course, the averaged data speak only of general characteristics. In practice, rarely, but there are situations where the pit bull is friends with the cat, and the spaniel does not chase the parrot ... But instincts, more often win.
The dog in the apartment - for some it seems unacceptable, however, most people do not think their life without four-legged barking pets. With the right approach, you can choose not just a dog, but a true friend, a family member.