Our four-legged friends need care and care. And the owners of dogs, starting a pet, agree to engage in daily walking, feeding and rearing. But in addition, it is important to monitor the general condition of the animal, referring to the veterinarian not only if necessary, but also by carrying out preventive measures. The organism of the dog, like man, needs certain macro- and microelements, which are not so easy to obtain from food. In this case, you need special vitamin supplements. But what vitamins should be given to the dog so that the pet will only get what is needed?
- Какие витамины давать собаке 1. What vitamins are given to the dog
- Минералы, необходимые для собак 2. Minerals required for dogs
- Особые признаки недостатка витаминов и минералов 3. Special signs of lack of vitamins and minerals
- Лучшие витаминные комплексы для щенков 4. The best vitamin complexes for puppies
- Витамины для взрослых собак 5. Vitamins for adult dogs
What vitamins to give to a dog
There are a number of vitamins that are vital for normal growth and development of the pet. And often the pet needs their additional sources. These include:
- Vitamin A. Affects the quality and visual acuity, as well as a strong immune system. Dog owners should be aware that this vitamin can penetrate into the fat deposits and be stored there, overdoses should be avoided. Its insufficiency often happens in the presence of digestive tract diseases, which reduces the digestibility of this component. An additional source of vitamin A is required during a period of nervous and physical exhaustion, during gestation and rearing of offspring, and when the animal is sick.
- Vitamin D. Participates in the formation of bone and muscle corset of the animal, strengthens bones and muscles. Again, an overabundance of this vitamin is dangerous for the pet.
- Vitamin B 1 (thiamine). Without this element, the dog will lose its energy, in the body there will be a violation of carbohydrate metabolism. It is a water-soluble vitamin, the excess of which will leave the body naturally - with urine.
- Vitamin B 6 . He participates in the process of hematopoiesis, is necessary for a strong immune and nervous system. Insufficient amount of vitamin B 6 causes weight loss, attacks of uncontrolled muscle contractions and anemia.
- Vitamin B 12 . It is considered a vitamin of growth, affects the composition of the blood. If it is deficient, growth retardation is observed, ovaries and testes atrophy and not only. More often deficiency of vitamin В 12 appears at a lack in a diet of a dog of meat, fish and dairy production, also at long application of the preparations breaking an intestinal microflora. The sources of this element are the liver, fish from the cod family, milk curd.
Minerals required for dogs
In addition to important vitamins, the pet's body needs not less significant for its health minerals:
Calcium (Ca). This is an extremely important element responsible for the strength of bones and teeth, which affects blood coagulability and a healthy nervous system. Calcium deficiency leads to abnormal development of the skeleton.
Copper (Cu). It participates in the formation of bones, various tissues at the cellular level. If the dog falls hair, pigmented spots appear on the skin, then, most likely, the pet is not enough in the body of copper.
Iron (Fe). Provide uninterrupted operation of red blood cells, which deliver oxygen to the cells of the body. Deficiency of iron leads to weakness and lethargy of the pet.
Iodine (I). Important for the activity of the thyroid gland, positively affects the metabolic processes of the body. With iodine deficiency, the dog increases the size of the thyroid gland, the hair thinens, and excess weight accumulates.
Find out why the dog is eating grass on the street .
Special signs of lack of vitamins and minerals
Sometimes special tests and tests are not needed to determine what is lacking in the animal's body. It is enough to be attentive to the behavior of the pet:
- If the dog at every opportunity begins to eat the ground, gnawing bricks, chalk or plaster - in its body lacks calcium.
- The pet refuses to eat, becomes sluggish and quickly gets tired on walks? Most likely, he has a vitamin C deficiency.
- Picking up and eating cigarette butts from cigarettes, it means that we are talking about vitamin R deficiency.
- Allergic manifestations on the skin, diarrhea and inflammation of the mucosa in the mouth testify to the lack of an element of PP.
- If the pet shows signs of anemia and he eats feces , then he obviously does not have enough vitamin B.
- The dog spoils the appearance of wool - it becomes dry, disheveled, the cornea of the eye becomes cloudy and tearing is intensified, then these are signs of vitamin A deficiency.
- Deformation of bones (most often the area of the forearm and hind limbs) signals a lack of vitamin D.
As soon as the dog regains the balance of vitamins and minerals, she will stop eating inedible things. It is not always possible to determine "by eye", whether the pet has a lack of any components. Only a veterinarian can find out, he also prescribes vitamin-containing preparations, based on the condition of the dog.
Experienced breeders and breeders already know the brands of vitamin preparations that are trustworthy among professionals.
The best vitamin complexes for puppies
An intensively growing puppy organism requires a full-fledged diet , and the lack of any components can adversely affect the physical development of the pet. To prevent this, you can include in the baby's menu a complex vitamin preparation:
- "8 in 1 Excel-Multivitamins (for small puppies)" - a preparation with a balanced composition, enriched with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, vitamins of group B, A, D 3 , biotin and folic acid.
- "Velpencalk powder" - includes all the components that a young organism needs. It contains an optimized amount of calcium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper and cobalt.
- «V25 Vitamintabletten» (Canina) » - consists of 12 useful components, positively influencing the development and growth of offspring.
- "Pappi-Vit" (Nutri-vet) - provides puppies with everything necessary up to 9 months of age, the main focus of the drug is to strengthen immunity.
- Kanvit Junior - includes useful amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids. Positively affect the immune defenses of the body, as well as the condition of the skin and coat.
Manufacturers have taken into account that puppies of large breeds increase their weight 70 times, which affects the entire development process. Such dogs have a tendency to an abnormal development of the bony corset. Therefore, special complexes of vitamins are produced, designed for the characteristics of the organism of puppies of large breeds:
- "Zoo Viir Biorhythm" - the reception of the complex is divided into two parts : in the morning it is a charge of energy and normalization of digestion, in the evening - the normalization of the activity of the nervous system and the enrichment of cells with oxygen. The preparation contains collagen hydrolyzate, which strengthens and restores cartilaginous tissue.
- Vita-bons Large Dog - includes 23 components, which allows the pet to provide all the necessary minerals and vitamins. The course is divided into two methods - Conditions (takes care of immunity, normalizes metabolic processes) and fitness tablets (help to cope with heavy loads).
Vitamins for adult dogs
Adult pets also need an additional source of important elements, especially when feeding with natural products, during periods of maximum loads, after diseases. Among the most famous complexes are the following:
- "Zoo Vit Biorhythm" - is taken twice a day, contains both minerals and vitamins.
- "Vita-Bon Small Dog" - the reception also consists of two tablets, the morning supports the body's immune forces, the evening improves the activity of the digestive tract.
- Adult Multi-Vitamin - includes most of the components necessary for the health of the dog, it is recommended to give the pet in the winter or at any time while eating natural products.
- Brewers Yeast with Garlic - a preparation consisting of an extract of garlic and brewer's yeast. Useful for reducing immunity, stress , and also a preventive against worms .
- Polidex (Polidex) - corrective agent, is taken during illness and for preventive purposes.
- Gelabon Plus - vitamins that improve the structure of hair and skin, joint and ligament tissues, claws, normalize the metabolism of phosphorus and calcium in the body. It is stated that the drug is hypoallergenic.
- Multivitum Plus is a complex recommended for weakened animals, as well as for hypovitaminosis and toxic poisoning.
In fact, many vitamin preparations are produced, but giving them to your pet should be remembered that excess elements can be detrimental to the condition of the pet.