Our four-legged friends need care and care. And owners of dogs, starting a pet, agree to engage in daily walking, feeding and education. But besides this, it is important to monitor the general condition of the animal, turning to the veterinarian, not only by necessity, but also by conducting preventive measures. The body of a dog, like a person, needs certain macro and microelements that are not so easy to get from food. In this case, you need special vitamin supplements. But what vitamins to give to the dog, so that the pet learns only what is necessary?
- Какие витамины давать собаке 1. What vitamins to give a dog
- Минералы, необходимые для собак 2. Minerals Needed for Dogs
- Особые признаки недостатка витаминов и минералов 3. Special signs of a lack of vitamins and minerals
- Лучшие витаминные комплексы для щенков 4. The best vitamin complexes for puppies
- Витамины для взрослых собак 5. Vitamins for adult dogs
What vitamins to give a dog
There are a number of vitamins that are vital for the normal growth and development of a pet. And often the pet needs their additional sources. These include:
- Vitamin A. Affects the quality and visual acuity, as well as a strong immune system. Dog owners should be aware that this vitamin can enter body fat and be stored there; overdose should be avoided. Its deficiency most often occurs in the presence of gastrointestinal diseases, which reduces the digestibility of this component. An additional source of vitamin A is required during the period of nervous and physical exhaustion, during gestation and feeding of offspring, as well as when the animal is sick.
- Vitamin D. Participates in the formation of the bone and muscle corset of the animal, strengthens bones and muscles. Again, an overabundance of this vitamin is dangerous for a pet.
- Vitamin B 1 (thiamine). Without this element, the dog will lose its energy, in the body there will be a violation of carbohydrate metabolism. This is a water-soluble vitamin, the surplus of which will leave the body in a natural way - with urine.
- Vitamin B 6 . He participates in the process of blood formation, it is necessary for a strong immune and nervous system. Lack of vitamin B 6 causes weight loss, attacks of uncontrolled muscle contractions and anemia.
- Vitamin B 12 . It is considered a vitamin of growth, affects the composition of the blood. When it is deficient, growth is delayed, the ovaries and testicles atrophy and not only. Most often, vitamin B12 deficiency occurs with a lack of meat, fish and dairy products in the dog's diet, as well as with prolonged use of drugs that violate the intestinal microflora. Sources of this element are liver, fish from the cod family, milk cottage cheese.
Minerals Needed for Dogs
In addition to important vitamins, the pet needs no less important minerals for its health:
Calcium (Ca). This is an extremely important element responsible for the strength of bones, teeth, affecting blood clotting and a healthy nervous system. Calcium deficiency leads to abnormal skeletal development.
Copper (Cu). Participates in the formation of bones, various tissues at the cellular level. If a dog has a coat, pigmented spots appear on the skin, then, most likely, the pet does not have enough copper in the body.
Iron (Fe). Ensure the smooth operation of red blood cells that deliver oxygen to the cells of the body. Iron deficiency leads to pet weakness and lethargy.
Iodine (I). Important for the activity of the thyroid gland, a positive effect on the metabolic processes of the body. With iodine deficiency in dogs, the size of the thyroid gland increases, the fur thins, and weight gain occurs.
Find out why the dog eats grass outside .
Special signs of a lack of vitamins and minerals
Sometimes, special tests and tests are not needed to determine what the animal lacks. It is enough to be attentive to the behavior of the pet:
- If a dog starts to eat the ground at every opportunity, gnawing bricks, chalk or plaster, there is not enough calcium in its body.
- Does the pet refuse to eat, become lethargic and get tired quickly on walks? Most likely, he has a deficiency of vitamin C.
- It picks up and eats cigarette butts from cigarettes, which means that it is a deficiency of vitamin R.
- Allergic manifestations on the skin, diarrhea and inflammation of the mucous membranes in the oral cavity indicate a deficiency of the PP element.
- If the pet has signs of anemia and he eats feces , then he clearly lacks vitamin B.
- A dog's coat gets spoiled - it becomes dry, disheveled, the cornea of the eyes becomes cloudy and the tearing increases, then these are signs of vitamin A deficiency.
- Deformation of the bones (most often the region of the forearm and hind limbs is affected) signals a lack of vitamin D.
As soon as the dog recovers the balance of vitamins and minerals, it will stop eating inedible things. It is not always possible to determine “by eye” whether a pet has a lack of any components. Only a veterinarian can find out, he also prescribe vitamin-containing drugs, based on the condition of the dog.
Experienced dog breeders and breeders already know the brand of vitamin preparations that are trusted by professionals.
The best vitamin complexes for puppies
Intensively growing puppy organism requires a complete diet , and the lack of any components may adversely affect the physical development of the pet. To prevent this from happening, you can include a complex vitamin preparation in the baby’s menu:
- "8 in 1 Excel-Multivitamins (for small puppies)" - a drug with a balanced composition, enriched with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, vitamins of groups B, A, D 3 , biotin and folic acid.
- "Velpenkalk powder" - includes all the components that need a young body. It contains an optimized amount of calcium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper and cobalt.
- "V25 Vitamintabletten" (Canina) " - consists of 12 useful components that positively affect the development and growth of offspring.
- "Pappi-Vit" (Nutri-vet) - provides puppies with everything necessary up to 9 months of age, the main focus of the drug is to strengthen the immune system.
- Kanvit Junior - includes useful amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids. A positive effect on the immune defense mechanisms of the body, as well as the condition of the skin and coat.
The manufacturers took into account that puppies of large breeds increase their weight 70 times, which affects the whole development process. These dogs have a tendency to anomalous development of the bone corset. Therefore, special vitamins complexes are produced, designed for the characteristics of the organism of large breed puppies:
- “Zoo Vir Biorhythm” - the reception of the complex is divided into two times: in the morning it is a charge of energy and normalization of digestion, in the evening - the normalization of the activity of the nervous system and the enrichment of cells with oxygen. The preparation contains collagen hydrolyzate, which strengthens and restores cartilage tissue.
- Vita-Bon Large Dog - includes 23 components, which allows you to provide your pet with all the necessary minerals and vitamins. The course is divided into two steps - Conditions (cares for immunity, normalizes metabolic processes) and fitness pills (helps to cope with large loads).
Vitamins for adult dogs
Adult pets also need an additional source of important elements, especially when feeding with natural products, during periods of maximum stress, after illness. Among the most famous complexes are the following:
- "Zoo Vit Biorhythm" - taken twice a day, contains both minerals and vitamins.
- "Vita-Bon Small Dog" - the reception also consists of two tablets, the morning one supports the immune forces of the body, the evening one improves the activity of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Adult Multi-Vitamin - includes most of the components necessary for the health of the dog, it is recommended to give it to the pet in the winter or for any time when eating natural products.
- Brewers Yeast with Garlic is a preparation consisting of garlic extract and brewer's yeast. It is useful in reducing immunity, stress , and is also a prophylactic against worms .
- Polydex (Polidex) is a corrective agent, taken during illness and as a preventive measure.
- Gelabon Plus - vitamins that improve the structure of wool and skin, articular and ligamentous tissues, claws, normalize the exchange of phosphorus and calcium in the body. Stated that the drug is hypoallergenic.
- Multivitum Plus is a complex recommended for weak animals, as well as for vitamin deficiencies and toxic poisoning.
In fact, many vitamin preparations are produced, but giving them to your pet should be remembered that an excess of elements may adversely affect the state of the pet.