Alabai - the oldest shepherd breed, which for centuries guarded cattle, farmstead and man's property. Anger and fearlessness - that's what made them real weapons, and their unsafe work has taught dogs to think and make their own decisions. Needless to say, education of Alabai is not an easy task and requires certain knowledge and skills. How to raise a puppy Alabai, and to find an approach to an adult Asian?
- Важные моменты в воспитании щенка 1. Important points in the education of a puppy
- Особенности воспитания алабаев мальчиков и девочек 2. Peculiarities of the education of Alabayev boys and girls
- Воспитание взрослого алабая 3. Education of an adult Alabai
Important points in the education of a puppy
There are several characteristic features in the nature and behavior of Central Asian sheep-dogs, which should be oriented when raising a puppy:
- In most cases, Alabayev gets for protection, and not because they are big and formidable, but because they have protective qualities in their blood. Still, being very crumbs, they try to fulfill this function, spreading their zeal not only to the territory, but also to the owner and his property. Being self-sacrificing, they often demonstrate their qualities where it is not necessary. At the very beginning of such impulses you need to stop them on the spot, otherwise later, when the puppy grows up, the dog will not be able to hold back.
- "Fu!" - a very important team for the representatives of this breed, according to the nature of their creatures, several malicious and distrustful. This team will accustom the pet to the fact that causeless aggression is bad. It is necessary to achieve unquestioning obedience and immediate fulfillment. This will in the future avoid possible difficulties and dangerous moments.
- When teaching, you can use force, pressing the puppy's rump and clearly pronouncing "Fu!". As soon as the dog is distracted from what has been started, the team must be repeated, but already, looking the pup into the eyes. And after it must be released. Did you do what you wanted? Hence, it is necessary to encourage him with a delicacy.
- Alabai are dogs that live according to the laws of the pack. So, already from the first days of staying in the new house, the puppy should understand that the main person here is a person. To do this, you can not allow the leash to be pulled forward and, as soon as possible, it will be necessary to train the team "Near!". To do this, you need to take a treat with you for a walk and put it in your pocket, so that the puppy must smell it. Shorten the leash in order for the pet to feel tension. Hold the leash for a while very close to your foot and clearly pronounce the command. Having passed, thus, 15-20 meters, the puppy can be praised and treated to delicious. As soon as the dog learns the required, the leash can be weakened, and later unhook.
- In addition, supporting your leadership, it is worth not giving the pet to go in the door, the gate, the first, and also climb the stairs.
- Do not think that an Alabai puppy is a sweetheart who can not offend anyone. The instincts are instilled in nature, that's why it's not worth doubting - if it can! From an early age it is necessary to deduce it exclusively on a leash, and later only in a muzzle. The absence of these attributes can only be on the ground in uninhabited places.
- By the nature of Alabai are very stubborn, so the owner of the dog must surpass the pet in this capacity. The dog must learn that everything a person says should be unconditionally fulfilled, and it does not matter whether the dog wants to do it or not.
- It does not matter whether the puppy should learn the command "Sit!", Or it is necessary to examine his paw for a wound, the dog must obey unconditionally. Do not pay attention to its resistance, if necessary - use force. No matter how the pet tries to break away, the owner must calmly continue what he started.
Features of education of Alabayev boys and girls
After fighting for a while and met with a rebuff, the little male (boy) Alabai still surrenders. Yes, he will still seek for some time to correct the situation, try not to obey or snap. But in the course of time, similar thoughts will leave his head if he understands the uselessness of his ideas. Naturally, the owner should not show slack.
As for bitches (girls), then everything is not so simple. Being by nature more cunning, alabaiks achieve their own, but in a different way. Using all of my intellect, and I must say, they have a very developed one, they come up with a lot of ingenious ways to avoid performing tasks. For example, often females, after hearing the command, immediately pretend to be sick and weak animals. It turns out they have it so well that often and experienced dog breeders are "bought".
The owner panics that he brought the animal to such a state with his drill and, naturally, lets the pet rest. Satisfied and happy, the dog, before our eyes, is recovering and gaily runs to play with the other four-footed brethren.
If at least once this number is passed, then everything, she will constantly manipulate the master, coming up with ever new combinations. It can be sudden weakness, panic fear of an obstacle, flattery, ingratiating looks and stuff, stuff. Such intrigues of a beloved pet should be immediately suppressed and be more attentive to the behavioral characteristics of the bitch.
Education of an adult Alabai
Abandoned by the previous owners, handed over from the deceased relatives - yes, there are not enough reasons for the Alabai to get into the family, already an adult, an independent dog. What you need to know about how to win the trust of the Asian Shepherd and become a full-fledged leader for her?
The first thing to do is to clarify that this breed is not suitable for leash, since it dislikes its natural flocking way of life. Such a dog needs to be kept in an enclosure, in which there should be a booth. But this does not mean that the animal does not need to let go of the territory. Strict restrictions can only be applied when visiting a house by strangers, only as a precaution. If the house is very hospitable, guests are constantly visited by strangers, then it is not necessary to start an Alabai guard, since it will significantly complicate life.
In addition, the fence must be very reliable, strong and high, capable of withstanding a 70-80-kilogram giant, and that he can not jump over it. Especially they try to leave the territory of the dog urgently, having smelled the bitch, and the flimsy fence can not stop them.
The second important point is that you will need to establish contact with a new pet. For this it is recommended to go to the territory yourself and release the dog there. In this case, it is better not to pay attention to the shepherd, she must take the initiative. The dog will be easier if the owner will sit, but be on the same level with it. Any step towards a new owner with a view to getting acquainted should be encouraged by an approving look.
It is worth noting that girls are more contact and get used to the new situation and people more quickly. The males are more difficult in this case, it will take more time for the adaptation period.
Do not press on the dog, it can only exacerbate the stressful condition . A pet may not eat the first time, refuse to put on a collar, do not give to touch. All this is quite understandable, and should give the animal time to get used to.
In the process of habituation, you can not do the following things:
- try to feed the dog by any means, it will only cause aggression;
- wear a strict collar and pull the animal against his will;
- keep the dog in the cage, not letting go of the territory.
As soon as the Alabai gets accustomed, he will calmly react to putting on the collar, will allow himself to be ironed, you can take him out for a walk. At this moment it is important for him to show his superiority, leading him to unfamiliar places.
You should count on your strength, because the Central Asian Shepherd negatively treats other animals and, seeing another dog, will try to attack it. Not everyone can keep it at that moment.
Do not believe bikes about Alabai, eating children. Shepherd's dog, which is also Central Asia, has long been considered a pet suitable for maintenance in the family. They are incredulous to strangers, but they are quite friendly towards their own, and with proper education Alabai get along well with children. But there is one nuance. For Asians there is only one owner - the leader, the rest of the family will be treated the same way as the master.
If the family is not all right, scandals are frequent, then the dog will take this into account in his attitude to the household. She can growl at children who are "objectionable" to the owner, block the way for the elderly. Therefore, an adult Asian sheepdog can only be taken to a house where a benevolent climate reigns.
- reviews about alabay ;
- training Alabai ;
- how to call alabaya ;
- aviary for Alabai ;
- than to feed alabaya ;
- Alabai (Central Asian Shepherd) .