The obedient dog is the dream of all pet owners. But for the pet to be complaisant and well-mannered, it is necessary to make efforts on the part of the owners. Whether the animal has entered the family as a puppy, or an adult, it is always possible to correct its behavior. How to educate a dog correctly, what methods of encouragement and punishment should be adopted and which line of behavior should be adhered to?
- Место собаки в семейной иерархии 1. The place of the dog in the family hierarchy
- Приучение к уличному туалету 2. Instruction to a street toilet
- Уместное наказание для собаки 3. Appropriate punishment for the dog
- Видео о том, как воспитать идеальную собаку 4. Video on how to raise an ideal dog
- Основные правила воспитания 5. Basic rules of education
The dog's place in the family hierarchy
It will not be possible to influence the behavior of the pet (this applies not only to puppies, but also to the adult animals) if the owner can not become for him the authority - the leader of the pack. How to show the dog, who is the master of the house? There are a few simple rules:
- The master is always the first to start a meal, that's what happens in a pack of animals - the leader is saturated, then all the others are in order of turn. The dog should be fed only after the whole family ate. If there is no such possibility in the morning, then you can feed the pet first, but at the weekend do everything as expected.
- The leader enters the gates, doors, wickets first, the other members of the pack will definitely miss it. It is necessary to accustom the pet to this order. All attempts to crawl, squeeze, pushing the rest, should be stopped. To do this, you need to give a command "You can not!" With a strict voice, and holding the dog by the chest, enter first. Shouting, incessantly tugging the animal for leash, is not recommended.
- Leadership of the host should be manifested even in the game. In any kind of fun, a person should win. Both puppies and adult dogs adore tug-of-war, in this case the prey should be in the hands of the owner. If the pet is superior in physical strength, or if there are no forces left during the game, you can use the "Give" command and pick up the item.
- Ideally - the game should begin with the submission of the host. Of course, if it is a question of puppies and young animals, it is very difficult to observe this rule. Sometimes you can and give in to provocation from the side of the pet. But here the dog must finish the game only from the submission of the owner. A pet is enough for one team - "You can not!", But if it does not work, you need to command "Sit!" And sustain this position for 30-40 seconds. Such a pause will allow the dog to calm down.
- A well-educated dog must fulfill all orders and commands from the first time. Of course, such unquestioning obedience is not easy to achieve, but later it will be much easier to control the animal, which means that time is spent knowingly.
- A pet in the house should have a place of its own. Not all owners agree that the dog can not sleep on sofa beds, but only on its bedding . But when the animal snarls at attempts to drive it away from the master's furniture, it is necessary to take serious measures, since the animal began to forget about its status in the house.
- The rank of the pet will be significantly lowered if for a while to stop all his attempts to lie on a sofa or bed. You can block furniture, close doors, expose the animal before going to sleep from the rooms - all means are good, except for physical impact.
- It is necessary to accustom a pet to the team "Place!". Of course, if the goal is to keep the animal always there, you need to show firmness and send the animal again and again into place, even if the dog stretches out just on the floor. With puppies in this matter is easier - most importantly, the owners themselves do not give slack, with an adult individual will have to work hard.
- If the dog has failed, has ceased to obey, it is possible to apply one more method - causelessly to expel the dog from the place where it lies. Even if it's his litter. This should not be the norm, but used only for educational purposes, since such an attitude will remind the pet who is in the house the main thing. You can also restrict access to some rooms by exposing the puppy out the door.
Teaching to a street toilet
An important issue of upbringing, which concerns not only puppies. Sometimes an animal gets used to a family, accustomed to street life, or people move from their home to an apartment. In the latter situation, you should not abandon the pet, because in most cases you can accustom the animal to new conditions.
There are a number of advisory recommendations that allow you to solve the problem with a toilet on the street:
- Feeding the pet should be done regimeally - at the same time.
- A portion of food should be normalized, based on the needs of the dog, avoid overeating.
- In the reach of the pet there should not be things that can interest him - boxes, rags, any containers. In a dog, they can cause associations with a place for a toilet.
- Paddock must first pass along the same route, it will allow the animal to feel more confident, not nervous and do "their own affairs," and not look around and shy away from any noise, dreaming to get home as soon as possible.
- Punishment in the form of a voice increase is definitely necessary if the dog does not need a flat, but this applies to puppies over six months old and adult animals. Children, for physiological reasons, can not tolerate for a long time, and the punishment will not give a result, except how to make the baby afraid of you.
With older dogs you need to walk two, with the elderly - three times a day, at the same time - morning and evening, with a three-hour walk - also at lunch.
Puppies like this schedule will not work. Here it is necessary to spend a lot of time around and take the kid out on the street every time, as soon as he is worried, he will start spinning in search of a place.
Read more on how to accustom the puppy to the toilet .
Appropriate punishment for the dog
To use physical force - to beat or kick the pet in no event it is impossible. An example of this attitude are courtyard dogs, which everyone tries to offend, which leads to anger of the animal.
In addition, the owner's hand for the dog should evoke exceptionally pleasant emotions. She caresses her pet, gives food, treats injuries. If the hand is used to beat, then the dog's trust will disappear, after which it will be difficult to earn it back. The dog will aggressively treat even that the owner takes her by the leash.
Of course, education without punishment is impossible, it is necessary to wean the dog from picking up trash while walking, not to take refreshments from strangers, etc. It is necessary to choose other, more suitable methods:
- Word. A command pronounced by a firm, confident voice in most cases acts better than assault. In this case, the team "Fu!" Will help, it will become an indicator that the owner is not happy with the behavior of his pet.
- Use of force. This is an extreme measure, most often applied to puppies who do not want to obey. In the case of disobedience, they get a shovel from their parents for the scruff. Since the owner takes on the duties of guardian and educator, he must do the same. The baby should be shaken enough for the withers, raising the voice, then standing, looking down from above. Puppy pursed his tail, ears and looks guiltily? So, the meaning of punishment reached him.
Sometimes such an effect is also required for adults. Most often, dog fighting breeds are particularly stubborn, especially if they are already adults. In the flock of the recalcitrant, the leader presses to the ground, threatening the teeth with a menacing gesture, and the owner also has to do something similar.
Initially, the pet, taking the collar and the croup, should be raised above the ground. Having lost the feeling of the ground underfoot, the dog will become agitated and his self-reliance will be shaken. Then you need to lower it to the ground, laying it down and pressing it to the ground a little. This attitude will remind you that the person is the leader and demands respect and submission.
Video on how to raise an ideal dog
Basic rules of education
Of course, having no experience in dealing with dogs, it is difficult to immediately understand all the subtleties of education. If there is no time to delve yourself - entrust this business to a professional. If there is no such possibility, you will have to work hard and do not let things go by themselves. An animal of any age needs an upbringing, but a number of tips will help to find an approach to a pet of any age:
- The master must learn. Without knowledge, it is not necessary to undertake the education of a dog, since it is possible to do harm by improper actions. Today, there are many films and books written and written by professional cynologists and veterinarians who help in this difficult matter. It is necessary to allocate time for obtaining new knowledge - 40-60 minutes a day will be quite enough.
- You can not use the word "after". Do not think that the dog's wrong behavior will correct itself, or it can be corrected later when there is a desire, free time, etc. Having lost the moment, you can permanently lose the authority of the animal, and the correction will have to be done already by the cynologists.
- Self-control is important. Being a teacher and educator is difficult in any field, whether it's working with children, an adult audience, or animals. Before training it is necessary to tune in to a positive mood, but if any events are disheartened, it is not necessary to begin the studies until the nervous system returns to normal. Screaming, breaking down, spanking a dog is by no means impossible, not everything turns out right away, so it's important to be patient.
A well-educated dog is not only a pride for any owner, but also a reliable support and protection.