A puppy appeared in the house is a joy, vanity, a sea of positive and no less worries. All the vaccinations have already been recorded and it is time to bring the pet “to the people”. But this can be done solely on a leash, for the sake of the innocent baby. How to teach a puppy to a leash, and do it quickly and without problems?
In fact, training for ammunition - this is the first step to the socialization and training of the pet. Getting used to the collar and leash, the little pet acquires the first obedience skills and becomes more “tied” (in a figurative sense) to the owner. To this stage was successful, the owner should be patient and do not forget about the sequence in learning:
- It is necessary to be patient - not one, not even the most intelligent dog can get used to new attributes and feel comfortable in one day.
- Encouragement is the key to success. This method always helps in training dogs, so why not introduce it at the very first stages and not give a stimulus to the kid for further mastering the skills? It can be not only a delicacy, but also a caress, a kind word or a fun game.
- The collar should be worn before going out. It should be a light, simple model that will not cause discomfort, but will allow the puppy to gradually get used to its presence on the neck. Collars made of metal, with ornaments, bells, etc. for this period will not work, as it is difficult to get used to. If this, even a simple, accessory cares too much for a dog, then you can periodically take it off, gradually prolonging the time of wearing.
It is important to know: how to teach a puppy to the toilet .
Some useful recommendations
Almost all babies are stressed when putting on ammunition. For some, this process is accompanied by a real hysteria. To smooth out these manifestations, you can apply several methods:
- When wearing a collar, you can distract a puppy with a game or do it on a walk, when everything around you cares much for the pet.
- You should encourage your pet immediately after putting on the ammunition - give it a treat, a favorite toy or something new.
- It is necessary to check whether the collar is not too tight. It must be fastened so that it fits tightly, but does not crush the baby.
Sometimes puppies do not even pay attention, that the carbine of the leash is fastened to their collar, while others may be nervous, start to tear themselves out, whine. To save the pet from such shocks, at the first sign of nervousness, you can omit the leash for the baby to run. You can play with him at this moment or let the company be another dog. The main thing is that the crumb is not confused. After a good time, you should take a leash, call a puppy, and at the same time offer something tasty.
Rules puppy to leash
The owner must first get acquainted with the possible actions of a small dog during schooling and learn how to behave correctly in a given situation.
For example, if a puppy begins to actively resist, wriggle out of the leash, whine hysterically, or lie down on the ground, you should not warm up this mood with your own nervousness. You can not raise your voice, make sudden movements. It is necessary to stand quietly, giving the puppy time to calm down and not to react to excessive activity in the future. In most cases, the host behavior is transmitted to the animal.
Weasel helps a lot when a baby is afraid. But it is not recommended to get involved too much, as the pet may think that its behavior is correct.
Bad behavior must be stopped, even if it’s all about the crumbs. This is especially important when training representatives of large and giant breeds, since such babies quickly reach a decent size:
- While moving the dog pulls the leash. As soon as this happens, it is necessary to stop immediately, but to pull the leash in this situation is not recommended. The pet must understand that its acceleration is the opposite.
- Pet refuses to go on a leash. Often the doggie demonstratively sit down or even lie down, refusing from further walking. In this case, you need to motivate your pet. It is necessary to move away a little from the puppy, and call him, offering a delicacy. Typically, the baby "thaws" and continues to walk, but over time, recalls his protest. In this case, the action with the delicacy should be repeated.
Experts are unanimous - any process of education and training needs consistency. The owner should encourage all the correct actions of the puppy, suppress bad manifestations. For example, if a dog pulls a leash, and the owner stops in one case, and pulls it in another, the dog will not be able to understand what is required of it.
- what to choose: harness or collar ;
- how to train a dog ;
- how to wean the dog to write and crap at home .
Until the puppy has reached adulthood, it is necessary to take him outside several times a day, while putting on a leash. It is better if the owner goes ahead, it will make the pet more obedient. Gradually, the length of the leash should be shortened so that the dog learns to walk beside or slightly behind.
Any disobedience should be treated calmly. In the process of learning, it is important to show maximum attention, so walking better is better to walk without gadgets in your hands or headphones with music.
If it is difficult for a pet to skill not to pull the leash, then it is better to give preference to short ammunition. But strict collars should not be worn puppies, and in general such accessories are purchased on the recommendation of professional dog trainers.
It is necessary to show patience, calm and unlimited love. Then the little pet will quickly realize that the leash is a necessary measure for its safety, because the caring owner will not offer the bad.