Appeared in the house puppy - it's fun, vanity, a sea of positive and no less worries. All the vaccinations have already been put on and it's time to bring the pet "into people". But you can do this solely on a leash, for your own safety of a child without mind. How to accustom the puppy to the leash, and do it quickly and without problems?
In fact, accustoming to ammunition is the first step towards socialization and training of the pet. Getting used to the collar and leash, a small pet acquires the first obedience skills and becomes more "attached" (in a figurative sense) to the owner. To this stage was successful, the owner should be patient and do not forget the consistency in training:
- One should be patient - no, even the most intelligent dog can not get used to new attributes in one day and feel comfortable in them.
- Encouragement is the key to success. This method always helps in training dogs, so why not introduce it at the earliest stages and not give an incentive to the kid to further master the skills? It can be not only a treat, but also a weasel, a kind word or a fun game.
- The collar should be worn before going out. It should be an easy, simple model that will not cause discomfort, but will allow the pup to gradually get used to its presence on the neck. Collars made of metal, with ornaments, bells, etc. for this period will not work, as they will make addiction difficult. If this, even a simple accessory, worries the dog too much, then you can periodically remove it, gradually prolonging the wearing time.
It is important to know: how to teach the puppy to the toilet .
Some useful recommendations
Almost all children experience stress when donning ammunition. In some, this process is accompanied by real hysteria. To smooth out such manifestations, you can apply several methods:
- When putting on a collar, you can distract the puppy by playing or doing it for a walk, when everything around him cares much more.
- Encourage the pet should immediately after donning ammunition - give a delicious, favorite toy or something new.
- It is necessary to check whether the collar is not too tight. It should be buttoned so that it snug close, but did not press the baby.
Sometimes the puppies do not even pay attention to the fact that the carbine of the leash was fastened to their collar, while others may be nervous, start to break out, whine. To save the pet from such shocks, at the first signs of nervousness, you can omit the leash to let the baby run. With him you can play at this moment or let the company make another dog. The main thing is that the little one is not confused. After a good time, you should take a leash, call a puppy, and at the same time offer something tasty.
Rules for puppy training to the leash
The owner must first familiarize himself with the possible actions of the little dog during the training and learn how to behave properly in a given situation.
For example, if the puppy begins to actively resist, evade from the leash, stutter whine or lie down on the ground, you should not warm up such a mood with your own nervousness. You can not raise your voice, do sharp movements. It is necessary to stand still, giving the puppy time to calm down and in the future not to react to excessive activity. In most cases, the behavior of the host is also transmitted to the animal.
Weasel helps very well when the baby is afraid. But it is not recommended to get too involved, as the pet can think that his behavior is right.
Bad behavior must necessarily be stopped, even if it's just about crumbs. This is especially important when training representatives of large and giant breeds, since such babies reach fairly decent sizes:
- When you move, the dog pulls the leash. As soon as this happens, it is necessary to stop right away, but to tug the leash in this situation is not recommended. The pet should understand that its acceleration gives the opposite result.
- The pet refuses to go on a leash. Quite often the doggies deliberately sit down or even lie down, refusing to continue their walking. In this case, you need to motivate your pet. It is necessary to depart a little from the puppy, and to call him, offering a treat. Usually the baby "thaws" and continues to walk, but eventually remembers his protest. In this case, the action with the treat should be repeated.
Specialists are unanimous - any process of education and training needs consistency. The owner should encourage all the correct actions of the puppy, to prevent bad manifestations. For example, if a dog gains a leash, and the owner stops in one case, and in the other - pulls for it, then the dog will not be able to understand what is required of it.
- what to choose: a harness or a collar ;
- how to properly train a dog ;
- how to wean the dog to write and make shit at home .
Strengthening of skills
While the puppy has not reached adult age, it is required several times a day to take him outside, while wearing a leash. It is better, if the owner will go ahead, it will make the pet more obedient. Gradually, the length of the leash should be shortened so that the dog learns to walk nearby or slightly behind.
You should react calmly to any disobedience. In the process of training it is important to show maximum attention, so it is better to walk on the paddock without gadgets in your hands or headphones with music.
If the pet is difficult to give the skill not to pull the leash, then it is better to give preference to short ammunition. But strict collars should not be worn by puppies, and in general such accessories are purchased on the recommendation of professional dog handlers.
It is necessary to show patience, calmness and boundless love. Then the small pet will quickly understand that the leash is a necessary measure for its safety, because the caring owner does not offer a bad one.