In most cases, bathing issues for dogs arise in the last place, after more pressing problems - walking and organizing food. But more often this moment most of all puzzles beginners. How many times you can bathe a pet, what tools to use, often wash in winter or summer, etc. These are important points in maintaining and caring for a dog that need to be clarified in advance. So, how to wash a dog?
- С какой частотой необходимо мыть собаку 1. How often should a dog be washed?
- Купание в зависимости от возраста и породы 2. Bathing depending on age and breed
- Правильное купание собак 3. Proper bathing dogs
- Какими средствами нужно пользоваться 4. What means need to use
- Алгоритм мытья питомца 5. Pet Wash Algorithm
How often should wash the dog
Of course, any pet should be clean and bathing is quite a reasonable hygienic procedure. If the pet lives in the apartment, moves throughout the territory and can even recline on the master's sofas, this question becomes the most acute.
No matter how much the owners would like, it is often not recommended to wash the dog, as the grease necessary for it is washed off the dog's coat, which is restored for a long time.
A street dog living on a chain or in an aviary does not require bathing at all. Its habitat is close to natural conditions, and in a familiar environment, these animals do not bathe on their own. If harsh winters come, dogs are allowed to sleep in the house, of course, before this the pet will still have to arrange a “bath day”. Such a rare procedure does not harm the pet, the main thing is not to let it out on the street until it is completely dry.
Apartment dogs are washed more often, but this happens more out of necessity. After daily walking it is quite enough to wipe his paws with a damp cloth.
Representatives of dwarf rocks that go to the toilet in a tray and rarely appear on the street, also do not need frequent washing. You can not handle these cute creatures, like toys, and bathe when the soul desires.
In the off-season, when it often rains outside, there are puddles and slushy mud, the dog has to be washed after significant pollution. In the summer, this is done much less frequently; it is possible to replace this procedure by splashing in reservoirs. Many dogs love this kind of entertainment.
In winter, you need to be careful, not enough dry pet can catch a cold , because without a natural layer of fat, the skin can not cope with the cold.
It is very useful sometimes to wipe the dog's coat with pure snow, as well as allow it to wallow in it. After returning home, it is enough to shake the remnants of snow from the dog.
In addition, in the winter it will be useful to rinse the paws of a dog after walking. This will remove particles from the reagent pads. These chemicals sprinkle the streets of the city to make the process of melting snow more intense.
See also : causes and treatment of dandruff in dogs .
Swimming depending on age and breed
Almost all breeds of dogs, regardless of the length of the coat, are recommended to bathe once or twice a year. Exceptions include show-class dogs that are intended for exhibitions and have long hair - cokers, terriers, Afghan hounds, and other similar breeds. Their wool requires constant care, grooming, combing and styling.
In the midst of exhibitions, the pet takes a bath 3-4 times a week, the rest of the time, on average, twice a month. I must say that the coat after such frequent water procedures does not deteriorate at all. And bathing is a prerequisite for proper care, in its process only special products designed for the care of sensitive skin are used. Dogs breeds prone to frequent molting , you need to bathe as little as possible.
Puppies are real children who, being on the street, very often get dirty. Therefore, up to six months of age, they are bathed once or twice a month. Later, when the crumb grows up and gets stronger, it is transferred to rare adult bathing - twice a year or when there is a need for it. Small puppies, not yet accustomed to the street, after each toilet should be flushed, but not completely washed.
Older pets are washed even less often as the wool becomes drier and the recovery of grease is extremely slow. Quite often, dogs show a special love for bathing. Should I indulge such a weakness? Experts do not recommend, nevertheless, the dog should be washed as needed, and not according to its desire.
Some breeds have a specific smell that the pet glands secrete. In most cases, the pet owners cease to notice it, but the visitors will pay attention to it.
If suddenly in such a situation you want to get rid of the smell of a dog through daily washing, then you should know that even very frequent bathing will not affect the work of the glands and the secretion. The smell will remain, moreover, with wet wool will become even more intense, but significant harm will be inflicted on the four-legged friend. You can choose a more benign option - bathe your pet once in one or two months with the use of special soft means.
Proper bathing dogs
High-quality water procedure, carried out according to all the rules, will allow for a long time to forget about its repetition and will not harm the pet. To do this, you must adhere to some professional recommendations:
- Compliance with safety. While bathing, avoid getting gels, shampoos and water in the eyes, nose and inside the auricle. It should take care that there is no strong water pressure. It is necessary to direct the stream as carefully as possible, while keeping the pet's head in the right position for safe washing.
- If the jet gets into the nose, the animal may choke.
- Puppies before the procedure, you can plug the ears with pieces of cotton.
- Water ingress to the senses can cause a dog's dislike for water procedures, or even panic fear. Therefore, it is worth avoiding such incidents.
- Schooling a dog for bathing should occur at an early age, as it is unlikely that you will be able to convince an adult pet.
What means need to use
Experts highly recommend not using human detergents for washing your pet, as they are considered too aggressive for animals. For dogs, there are special shampoos for sale that have a mild effect, clean the coat and skin well, but do not overdry it.
You can also purchase products with specific characteristics, for example, for dogs suffering from allergic reactions , to care for their fine long hair, from education and to remove dandruff.
If it so happens that there is no special tool at hand, then you can use a shampoo designed for dry hair.
For a better distribution of funds on wool, it can be pre-diluted in warm water, shaken and wash the dog with the resulting foam.
Pet Wash Algorithm
When bathing a pet, adhere to the following algorithm:
- First of all, it is necessary to provide a suitable place for both the pet and the owner. It is most convenient to wash the dog by placing it in the bath. It is possible to cover the bottom with a rubber mat so that the paws of the dog do not disperse, and it does not leave scratches on the floor.
- Before washing the pet's hair must be moistened thoroughly, and only then apply detergents.
- It is better to start the process from the back, smoothly moving to the sides and legs. The area of the anus is especially thoroughly washed.
- It is also necessary to wash the muzzle, especially in the place where the pet has a beard and mustache.
- The shampoo is washed off using the same technology as was applied. To remove the soap solution from the pet's head, it must be tilted down and kept in this position until the end of the procedure.
- If necessary, various balsams and conditioners are applied for the care of the coat.
- The use of cool water will make the wool heavier, warmer and more fluffy.
After the procedures, it is imperative to ensure that the coat is dry as quickly as possible. Of course, there is no particular problem with short-haired pets , they dry out on their own and quickly, you will have to tinker with long and medium hair. They can not be sent for self-drying, as running around, rubbing up all surfaces can pile wool into mats.
Initially, the wool must be pressed with hands, then blot it with a towel. It is necessary to give the pet a chance to run around - this is how it regulates the process of heat transfer, without letting it freeze. Ears can be gently rubbed with a dry cotton swab to rid them of excessive moisture.
Water treatments for dogs with short or hard hair can be replaced by wiping with a solution consisting of vodka, table vinegar and water.
You can not bathe a pet before the age of four months, immediately after vaccination or surgery. Adhering to simple rules, bathing for a pet and owner will be an incredible pleasure.