In most cases, the issues of bathing the dog appear in the last place, after more pressing problems - walking and catering. But more often this moment most of all puzzles beginners. How many times can I bathe my pet, what means to use, wash more often in winter or summer, etc. These are important points in the content and care of the dog, which must be ascertained in advance. So, how to properly wash a dog?
- С какой частотой необходимо мыть собаку 1. How often should I wash my dog?
- Купание в зависимости от возраста и породы 2. Bathing according to age and breed
- Правильное купание собак 3. Proper swimming of dogs
- Какими средствами нужно пользоваться 4. What means should I use?
- Алгоритм мытья питомца 5. Algorithm of pet washing
How often should I wash my dog?
Of course, any pet should be clean and bathing is a reasonable hygienic procedure. If the pet lives in the apartment, moves around the entire territory and can even sit on the master's sofas, this issue becomes the most acute.
No matter how much the owners want, it is not recommended to wash the dog often, since the necessary fatty grease is washed off from the dog's covers, which is being restored for a long time.
A street dog, living on a chain or in an enclosure, does not require bathing at all. Its habitat is close to natural conditions, and in the usual environment these animals do not bathe themselves. If severe winters come, dogs are allowed to sleep in the house, naturally, before this pet still have to arrange a "bath day". Such a rare procedure for the pet does not hurt, most importantly, do not let it out onto the street until it dries completely.
Apartment dogs are exposed to washing more often, but it happens more as needed. After a daily walk it is enough to wipe their paws with a damp cloth.
Representatives of dwarf species that go to the toilet in the tray and on the street appear rarely, also do not need frequent washing. You can not treat these cute creatures as with toys, and bathe when your heart desires.
In the off-season, when it often rains on the street, there are puddles and muddy mud, the dog needs to be washed after considerable contamination. In the summer it is done much less often, you can replace this procedure by splashing in water. Many dogs love this kind of entertainment.
In winter, you need to be careful, an insufficiently dried pet can catch a cold , since without a natural layer of fat, the skin can not cope with the cold.
It is very useful sometimes to wipe the dog's fur with clean snow, and also allow him to roll around in it. Returning home, it is enough to shake off the remains of snow from the dog.
In addition, during the winter it will be superfluous after walks to rinse the dog's paws. This will remove the particles of reagents from the pads. These chemicals are sprinkled with city streets to make the process of melting snow more intense.
Read also : the causes and treatment of dandruff in dogs .
Bathing according to age and breed
Almost all breeds of dogs, regardless of the length of the coat, are recommended to bathe once or twice a year. Exceptions include show-class dogs, designed for exhibitions and possessing long hair - cockers, terriers, Afghan greyhounds and other similar breeds. Their wool requires constant care, grooming, combing and styling.
At the height of exhibitions, the pet takes a bath 3-4 times a week, the rest of the time on average twice a month. I must say that the wool cover after such frequent water procedures absolutely does not deteriorate. And bathing is a prerequisite for full-fledged care, only special products designed to care for sensitive skin are used in its process. Dogs of breeds prone to frequent molting , should be bathed as less often as possible.
Puppies are real children who, being on the street, are often dirty. Therefore, up to six months of age they are bathed once or twice a month. Later, when the baby grows up and gets stronger, it is transferred to a rare adult bathing - twice a year or, when necessary. Small puppies, not yet accustomed to the street, after each toilet should be washed, but not washed completely.
Older people are washed even less often, as the wool becomes drier and the restoration of fatty grease occurs extremely slowly. Quite often dogs show a special love for bathing. Is it worth pandering to such weakness? Experts do not recommend, yet the dog should be washed as needed, and not at her will.
Some breeds have a specific smell, which secrete the pet's glands. In most cases, pet owners stop noticing it, but visitors come to pay attention to it.
If suddenly in such a situation you want to get rid of the smell of a dog by means of daily washing, it is worthwhile to know that even a very frequent wash will not affect the operation of the glands and secretion. The smell will remain and, in addition, with wet wool will become even more intense, but the four-footed friend will suffer significant harm. You can choose a more gentle option - to bathe your pet once in a couple of months with the use of special soft tools.
Proper swimming of dogs
A high-quality water treatment performed according to all rules will allow for a long time to forget about its repetition and will not cause harm to the pet. For this, it is necessary to adhere to some professional recommendations:
- Compliance with safety. During bathing, avoid getting gels, shampoos and water in the eyes, nose and inside the ear. It's worth taking care that there is not a strong pressure of water. You should direct the jet as neatly as possible, while keeping your pet's head in the proper position for safe washing.
- If the jet hits the nose, the animal may be drowned.
- Puppies before the procedure can plug ears with pieces of cotton wool.
- The ingress of water on the senses can cause the dog to have a strong dislike for water procedures, or even panic fear. Therefore, it is worthwhile to avoid such incidents.
- Accustoming the dog to bathing should occur at an early age, as an adult pet is not likely to change his mind.
What means should I use
Experts strongly do not recommend using detergents for washing a pet, as they are considered too aggressive for animals. For dogs on sale, there are special shampoos that have a mild effect, well clean the coat and skin, but they do not overdry.
You can also purchase products with specific characteristics, for example, for dogs suffering from allergic reactions , to care for fine long hair, from education and for the removal of dandruff.
If it happened that there is no special tool at hand, then you can use a shampoo designed for dry hair.
For better distribution of the product on the wool, it can be pre-diluted in warm water, shaken and wash the dog with the resulting foam.
Algorithm of pet washing
When bathing a pet, follow this algorithm:
- First of all, it is necessary to provide a suitable place, both to the pet, and to the owner. It is most convenient to wash the dog by placing it in a bath. You can lay a bottom with a rubber mat, so that the paws of the dog do not leave, and it does not leave a scratch on the cover.
- Before washing, the pet's coat should be thoroughly moistened, and only then apply detergents.
- Start the process better from the back, gently moving to the sides and paws. Especially thoroughly washed area of the anus.
- Muzzle is also necessary to wash, especially in the place where the pet has a beard and mustaches.
- The shampoo is washed off according to the same technology as applied. To remove the soap solution from the pet's head, it must be tilted down and kept in this position until the end of the procedure.
- If necessary, various balms and conditioners are applied to care for the hair.
- Using cool water will make wool heavier, warm and fluffy.
After the procedures, it is necessary to take care that the wool cover as soon as possible to dry. Of course, with short-haired pets, there is no particular problem, they dry up on their own and quickly, with long and medium wool will have to tinker. They can not be sent to self-drying, as running around, rubbing on all surfaces can pile the wool in the coils.
Initially, the hair should be wrung out, then patted with a towel. It is necessary to give the pet an opportunity to run - so it regulates the heat transfer process, without letting it freeze to itself. Ears can be gently wiped with a dry cotton swab to save them from excessive moisture.
Water procedures for dogs with short or stiff wool can be replaced by wiping with a solution consisting of vodka, table vinegar and water.
You can not bathe a pet before the age of four months, immediately after the vaccination or surgery. Adhering to simple rules, bathing for the pet and the owner will be an incredible pleasure.