Pit Bull Terrier is a smart and moderately aggressive pet, able to stand up for its owner if necessary. The American breed was previously banned for breeding in some countries due to excessive aggressiveness. Today breeders managed to change the situation. Pitbulls are a decent breed with a peculiar character and temperament from nature. They laid determination, fighting qualities, courage. Although girls can be quite gentle, soft, charming and make friends with all members of the family. It is better if it is a consonant, short name, closer to the perception of dogs, which will help with training and in everyday life. Let's see how to call the pit bull correctly.
Nicknames for the pitbull boys
Of course, when choosing a name you can contact the club. If the parents of the selected puppy are there, then it is best, when taking from one litter, to pick up a name for 1 common letter, for example: Thunder - Count. Pitbull boys, as representatives of the English breed, can wear such nicknames: Silver, Kevin, Fortress, Darkness, Pirate. Puppies often have spots or marks on the body, different in shape and location, can be quite original color. In this case, the names suit: Gray, Black.
You can search for the name, referring to the ancient mythology: Atlas, Tver, Hercules, Marsh. The main thing that the nickname sounded good, consisted of no more than 2 syllables, easily and distinctly pronounced. So the pit bull will get used to it faster.
You can come up with interesting and original nicknames, but it is advisable to take into account the temperament, the behavior of this fighting breed, which is characterized by a certain aggression, bold and decisive actions. Although the pit bulls are quick-tempered, they are excellent guards who can fearlessly protect their beloved master. When a danger arises, they are distrustful of strangers, but for theirs they are loyal advocates and helpers. Acceptable nicknames: Tyson, Sheriff, Bandit, Abrek, Killer, Tank, Anchor.
If the dog has traced softer and delicate character traits, respectful attitude towards all family members is observed, then the ominous nickname is completely useless. It can be called Odd, Circassian, Fakir, Nabat, Opal, Lestor, Fortress, Zenith, Uzbek, Skif, Jacot, Efim, Versus, Diamond, Amulet, Raisin, Humor, Emil, Charles, Makar, Indigo, Gomel.
Pitbulls, as natives of the United States, may well bear the American nickname: Enkelad, Hebrew, Atlas, Appollo, Kronos, Zeus, Hercules, Bront, Chaos, Phobos, Theseus, Mars. Puppies - pitas are playful and restless, especially males. Some owners are trying to find a cool original name: Puzo, Atlant, Atom, Ballou, Devil, Scotch, Ace, Shuks, Watermelon, Dandy, Cactus, Latte, Pudding, Fruit, Elvis, Banana.
See more dog names for boys .
Pitbull girl names
Despite the visual massiveness of the girls-pit bull terriers, they are still less aggressive, unlike cables. These are caring, quivering, emotional nannies who can become good friends for their masters. Pit bullies are suited to foreign nicknames - easy to remember and original in sound: Avril, Alma, Margot, Astra, Maggie, Norma, Peppy, Rosalie, Rose, Sinti, Paris, Kimi, Sophie, Teri, Yoko, Whitney, Miley, Macbeth , Haley, Chelsea, Sheri, Yuka, Lassi, Namiko, Olva, Flora, Nellie, Paula, Björk, Vivienne, Justina, Daisy, Ami, Jarrah, Camell.
Slavic names are also suitable, if a girl has a different temper right from birth and turns everyone on with her energy, wags her tail and caresses constantly. Helpfully, sincerely nicknames: Himera, Justina, Nussia, Fosya, Gina, Yelya, Uslada, Vyuga, Naida, Zara, Orchid, Zhuzha, Avva, Bonya, Veda, Snezhka, Ulya, Yuka, Omega.
Funny and funny, too, are suitable for pitam females: Ariel, Britney, Mitten, Gioconda, Fiesta, Swell, Indy, Busia, Kroha, Lady, Monroe, Assol, Nezhka, Button, Plush, Shakira, Enigma, Yule, Berry, Vanilka, Bella, Nut, Gucci, Ju-Ju.
Girls - gentle, emotional, moderately capricious, intelligent. They are distinguished by logical movements and actions, they are able to make independent decisions and act in accordance with them. It is better to choose a short name that will help with training. If you have an unusual color or birthmarks, the following nicknames will do: Brownie, Blackrock, Cinnamon, Blizzard, Ice, Blondie, Night, Redhead, Milka, Almond.
These are hostesses, excellent mothers, in the future in every way caring for their puppies. Affectionate, accent nicknames are appropriate to attract attention: Lucy, Linda, Nancy, Lelia, Kapl. All of them are ringing and memorable. The nickname should sound beautiful, reflect the inner world, appearance or individual qualities of the pet, despite the terrible severe appearance of the pit bull terrier.
See more dog names for girls .
Tips for choosing
These are brave, strong, warlike animals. Rare dog breed, banned in the recent past for breeding in a number of foreign countries. Pets were specially bred to take part in dog fights, today these abilities are aimed at protecting the owner. All this should impose a certain imprint when choosing a suitable name for the puppy-pit bull terrier being purchased.
Cynologists and breeders, based on their experience, suggest to future owners of pit bulls when choosing a nickname to consider the following factors:
- in no case do not resort to diminutive nicknames that are perfect not suitable for this breed, and in some cases can even cause some kind of aggression;
- literally from the first days of the appearance in the house of a new member of the family to accustom to his name, more talking with him and calling him by name, this will help to tune in to a friendly wave and win the puppy's trust;
- you need to pick a name easy, consonant, beautiful. You can take into account the character, habits, habits, temperament, degree of playfulness of the breed;
- it is better if the name is short, easily pronounced, beginning with a deaf consonant consisting of one word (1-2 syllables), so as not to cause aggression once again, not to irritate the ears of the pet;
- the name should not be evil, repulsive, emphasizing the origin of the pit, it is better to choose a calm and moderately serious;
- if you intend to raise a pet - a fighter, then you can find a consonant name, starting with the letter "P", for a better and intelligible sound of the commands, quick and adequate perception of their dog;
- bright, catchy and easy-to-pronounce nicknames suit girls, as they are more flexible and balanced;
- wool from pitov can be of different shades, so you can take into account the color (Walnut, Almond, Jasmine, Agate);
- if you want to emphasize the American identity of pits, you can pick up a worthy name with an English accent (Richard, Ben Tyler);
- if pits have Slavic roots, then the nickname should be Russian and reflect the stormy energy of the pet;
- in the selection of nicknames must take part all family members, so that this is a joint decision, and the opinion of each must be taken into account.
Useful: than to feed the pit bull .
Of course, in a huge variety of existing nicknames for pit bull terriers (males and females) can be confused. But, if you take into account certain nuances, you can do it easily and simply. Most importantly, the chosen name should be listenable to the pet and pronounced by its owner.