The pet listens to the command "place" practically from the first days of appearance in the new house. Of course, the owners in advance determine where their favorite will be located and equip the territory with everything necessary. But not always the owners until the end understand what kind of team, and how to make learning effective and comfortable. Also, it is not superfluous to learn the differences in the training and education of a puppy and an adult dog.
So, let's see how to teach the puppy a team place.
Training of a baby up to 4 months
At the command "place" the dog should go to his place and stay there until it is required by the owner. Usually crumbs get into a new house when they are 2-2.5 months old and the first days are adaptable. The kid misses his family, experiences stress from new conditions and gets used to them.
The command "place" is simple and requires a monotonous monotonous repetition. First of all, it is necessary to achieve that it is associated with a pet in a certain area of the dwelling.
At first everything goes in a natural way: the puppy ate, played and was tired - you can not miss this moment. As soon as it begins to fit, it must be picked up, carried and laid on the litter. When stacking, it is recommended to say "place!", To caress the baby and after 3-4 seconds to praise him, saying "well done" or "good."
If the actions led to the fact that the puppy did not want to sleep, do not retreat. The team is still given, and the baby should be held in place for about 5 seconds. You can not reset the age feature - a dog less than 4 months old can not exercise, so even if it lies for a few seconds without getting up, it's already a success!
As soon as the puppy remembers the route to the litter, you can engage in a step-by-step development of the team. To do this, you can use training, according to the following rules:
- In front of the puppy, a delicious piece rushes to the litter, the doggies follow him, and the owner gives the command "place!".
- The dainty hides behind the toy on the litter, the puppy is given a command. He, going to the place, finds a delicious.
- The pet hears the command, performs, for which he is rewarded in the form of good taste and master's praise.
Babies toys are not less, or even more interesting, than food, therefore, they can be used as a reward. The process of training the puppy's "place!" Team for 4-5 months is considered successful if: the doggie, after hearing this word, goes to the litter and stays on it for 5-7 seconds, and here it is poisoned when it wants to rest or go to bed.
The corner of the pet should remain a safe zone under all conditions. To punish him when he is on his own lounger / litter, it is impossible in any case, even if the puppy has fled to the place, having spoiled.
How to train a grown-up puppy?
From five to seven months, almost all puppies can work for endurance. And it is already possible to apply the OKD standards, according to which, the dog does not just perform the task, but also lingers on the spot. The task is gradually becoming more complicated. And training is beyond the usual conditions - on the street the dog must learn to perceive the designated object as a place.
Training includes 3 stages:
- I stage - to teach the dog to stay in place. The pet must be brought to the territory, which is the "place", to give the command to "lie down" and encourage. Then you should stand up, turn to the animal's back, say "place" command, clearly and loudly. If the command is given by a gesture, then the hand is extended forward and the palm moves downward, backhand. You should take a few steps, and if the dog gets up, then you must go back and repeat the command again. Training can be called successful if the dog lies, while the owner departs. The distance of the waste increases gradually until it reaches 3 meters. The same can be said about time - at first the owner needs to go back immediately, but gradually it can be delayed for a few seconds until the period is 15 seconds. After the owner returns to the pet and does not forget about the praise and encouragement.
- II stage - the dog learns to come to the place (the distance does not exceed 3 meters). Having risen to the pet, staying on the place, the owner commands "to me!". When the dog has performed the team, it should be encouraged, and then continue training by using one of the methods:
- clamp a piece of dainty in hand, say the command "place", take the dog to the place and lay. After that, it's worth saying "good" and giving away a piece;
- take a leash in the collar area (it is better, if it is parfors), using jerky movements and pronouncing the command "place, place, place", take the dog to the starting position. Here she is given the command to "lie down," and after the execution, the reward is earned.
As soon as the pet realizes what his master is trying to achieve, he can slowly lag behind the dog when she returns to the place. The task can be considered mastered if the dog, having received the command, independently returns to the place and takes a reclining position.
- Stage III - continuation of the second stage, but with a significant increase in distance. Take into account that from a distance of 10-15 meters the dog does not hear the command, and screaming means to show weakness, so only gestures are used. The task can be complicated by giving additional commands when the dog performs the basic one. For example, when returning to the main position, suggest the dog to lie down, sit down or cast a voice.
If further training is to be carried out, then on the guard-guard courses the dog will be taught to guard the object that the master left, and to rush into the attack on the enemy from the guarded area. In addition, the correct execution of the "place" command is evaluated in any demonstration performances.
If we consider the training of adult dogs, then the technique does not differ from the above. Starting in any case is necessary from the beginning, gradually increasing the requirements and complicating the task.
It does not matter if it's a big dog or a small, thoroughbred or half-breed, he must learn a set of basic commands that will make cohabitation and communication with the pet more comfortable. And it is desirable for the owner to pay due attention to this aspect.