A four-legged pet can be just a friend and a pet, but sometimes these are not all the functions assigned to it. Some dogs are expected to protect, protect, both the owner and his family, and property. Naturally, in this case, it is desirable to train the pet to specific commands, including, and encouraging the animal to attack. So let's see how to teach a dog to a team face.
Features of training
The guard dog should have some malice, and aimed at a stranger, and not animals. Naturally, these are rather innate characteristics, and it is impossible to make ideal watchmen and guards out of certain dog breeds. Such breed conditions should be taken into account.
It is possible to begin training when the puppy is 5 months old, although it is possible to train an adult dog, if necessary. There are several nuances that provide a more comfortable training:
- According to generally accepted rules, a dog is taught defensive functions only after mastering the commands included in the general course of training. The dog must have endurance, implicitly carry out commands. If practically no time was given to raising and training a dog, then it is better to forget about protection training - a pet who does not obey the owner is unlikely to fully protect him.
- The preliminary team is the “alien” team, it prepares the dog for the upcoming conflict.
- The dog-protector is a healthy, physically developed animal, therefore it is necessary to provide the pet with adequate physical activity, regular walking and good nutrition.
- It is important that the dog is in close contact with the owner - a dog who adores his master and is attached to him to the maximum extent will effectively guard and protect.
Any mistake can cause a violation of the psyche of the animal, so it is important not to cross the line and do everything in a timely manner.
The first stage of study
First of all, it is recommended to observe the pet's behavior: how aggressively the dog behaves towards people like itself, is it afraid of strangers , is it frightened by harsh sounds, does it react to drunk passersby? If the dog is in fact a coward, you may need the help of a professional.
The dog expert will show gestures to help coordinate the actions of the animal:
- The dog sits next to his left foot, a man holds his leash. Also, the dog can be tied to a pole, the owner is again located on the left side.
- The assistant assistant approaches the couple, showing cowardice and waving a rag in front of the animal's face. If the dog starts to growl, bark and tries to grab a rag - this is the most expected reaction.
- The “Fas!” Command is clearly and loudly served when the dog is ready to attack, and the person must lunge forward with his whole body.
- When the dog tears up the rag, the owner must be given a command to retreat - “yuck!”, But at the beginning of the training a physical impact is required.
- The first approach is completed - the “attacker” retreats, and the owner must praise the dog.
It is important to choose the right moment to give the command, and this is easier to do if the pet is on a leash - in this case, you can feel it even if the dog starts to growl silently. Representatives of some breeds, for example, the Moscow guard and Brazilian films, prefer to attack silently, but people without experience are not recommended to train such serious dogs on their own.
Another important feature is that the dog learns certain commands better in a playful way, but not this one. Learning should not be like playing a game. But not only excessive goodwill can prevent, anger and harsh screams are also inappropriate.
How to work out the team?
In this case, the dog should no longer be tied to a tree, the dog should sit at the foot of the owner. And as soon as the "attacker" appears nearby, the owner sets the dog to attack. The attacker is already using not a rag, but another object — a plastic bottle filled with croup. Such an improvised weapon will not cause heavy damage, but makes sharp sounds.
The command is given when the distance between the dog and the assistant is 3-5 meters. The helper begins to substitute those parts of the body to which the dog should pay more attention when attacking - this is a kind of hint. For example, he begins to knock a bottle on his forearm, and the dog attacks him. There are a number of prohibitions, for example, it is impossible to train a dog to work on the groin, neck and face.
It is not difficult to teach a dog to rush to the offender. It is much more important to teach him to let go of a person, and to do it immediately, as soon as the owner says “fu!” Experts confirm that this working out will take more time than training the main team. You can start training without using a leash if the owner is confident that the dog can release the offender.
All the same, we advise you to read: how to teach a dog to a leash .
After the dog learns how to attack the attacker, the next stage begins - the attacker’s attack and his delay until the owner arrives. The dog may overtake the attacker, throw him on the ground and hold or apply bites if the size of the dog does not allow the use of other methods.
If you approach the training correctly, then the dog will learn not only to rush at the person who is a threat, but will also be able to assess the situation. You can take a special course of training, and the pet will even learn to distinguish the type of weapon. The dog will not begin to attack in vain, and in some situations will choose more effective tactics, for example, if a person has a gas balloon in his hands, the dog will try to throw himself from the back.
Experienced breeders warn that it is very dangerous to turn your four-legged friend into a formidable weapon. After all, such a dog can threaten both others, and the owner, and his family. A big responsibility is required of a person - after all, what an improperly trained pet will do will be on the conscience of its owner.