People who are little versed in the training of dogs, it may seem that the "stranger" and "fas" are one and the same. However, experts know that the first team is an intermediate link between the preparation and training of a dog to attack and actively defend itself. So, let's see how to teach a dog a team of strangers.
In fact, after hearing the command "stranger", the dog should never rush at the person who came. It is enough that he will prick up his ears, growl or start barking loudly. That is, this task does not encourage the dog to act actively, but only is a signal to display alertness - the pet should be ready for any outcome.
To master this skill the dog should not before mastering a complex of basic commands - "place", "sit", "give a paw", etc. And, he can start training, if the remaining tasks are performed from the first time, obediently obeying. Serious training should take place not earlier than with half a year, since early development of maliciousness or aggressive behavior can cause the dog to become nervous and intimidated.
Is it necessary to master the team "stranger"?
This command is not always required, and the owner must first weigh everything: whether the pet needs development of aggression, and whether the owner himself has enough power and influence to control its manifestations.
Incorrect instruction, especially if it concerns dogs with unbalanced psyche, can lead to the animal growing up vicious and uncontrollable. Experienced breeders and cynologists note a number of features:
- Large business dogs, and without additional training, rush to defend the owner, if a dangerous situation arises, especially if their relationship is based on friendship and trust.
- Owners of dogs of decorative breeds will not benefit from training such a team. It is unlikely that a tiny Chihuahua or a lapdog will cause fear in someone, even if they bark furiously.
- With inept training, the dog is able to show hostility to the owner or family members, naturally, such an animal is very dangerous.
Among the positive moments, it can be noted that the pet will not get up and have confidence in everyone passing or entering its territory.
It should immediately be taken into account that it is not possible to train a pet alone - you will need helpers, and not relatives and relatives. Ideally, it is better to deal with such training with the help of an experienced instructor. A professional can immediately assess whether a dog is suitable for mastering such skills.
Another important nuance - if the owners from the first days know that their pet will master such serious commands, it is recommended from the first days to protect it from contact with strangers. That is, it is impossible for outsiders to play and stroke the baby. People coming to the house are warned - do not show increased attention to the pet. Already in this case, you can pull the puppy out of the leash and say "alien" command.
When the dog grew, grew stronger, mastered the basic skills, it is possible to start specific training - distrust, spitefulness towards strangers. It is necessary to find several assistants and provide them with a special protective kit. Like other training, training is conducted in a quiet, familiar place, without any distractions. This process includes the following actions:
- The dog needs to be held with a short leash (see how to teach the puppy to the leash ).
- The helper should approach the person with the dog and show aggression in their address - swing a hand or a stick, but at the same time he should show all that the dog fears.
- Without releasing the dog from the leash, the person gives the command "stranger", using intonation, warning of the threat.
- Any hostile reaction - the dog snarls, barks, rocks, tries to attack the stranger, is encouraged, but you should first repeat the command.
Then it is necessary to stop, so that the dog calms down, rested and regained consciousness, after - repeat the procedure. It is not recommended to load the dog too much - two or three approaches per session are enough.
If the dog does not want to show aggression?
Quite often, owners are faced with the fact that their pet does not show aggression towards a stranger. But in this case, do not immediately retreat and use more active methods:
- the assistant does not wave his hands, but tries to attack the owner;
- he tries to take away from the owner a delicacy intended for the pet;
- "Attacking", the assistant slightly strikes the dog, not to inflict bodily harm, but to provoke aggression.
Cynologists warn that excessive use of physical violence can give the opposite result - the dog will not become malicious, but cowardly. The assistant needs an attentive and careful approach - he must observe the behavior of the dog and, if necessary, stop training. This is done so that the person does not suppress the dog - in this "fight" the animal should always win!
It is important to encourage - for the expected reaction the dog is stroked, say praiseworthy words, treat. But with the last point it is desirable not to overdo it. You can also confirm the result when you are walking - the command is pronounced in the event that the pet begins to snarl or scream at the address of the passer-by. During walks, you can also provoke a dog - ask the assistant to quietly approach the dog, when he does not expect, and clap it, for example, on the rump. At the same time the boss gives a command.
With the right approach, after a while, the dog develops the necessary reaction - he shows distrust of the stranger and does not feel fear when he is threatened.
Training a pet for a "stranger" team is an activity that requires a serious approach. If the owner is not ready for consistent work while observing a set of rules, then it is not worth starting. After all, it's easy to hurt the puppy's psyche, but it's impossible to correct the situation in certain situations. There is no self-confidence? Then it is better to turn to an experienced cynologist.