To people who know little about dog training, it may seem that “stranger” and “front” are one and the same. However, experts know that the first team is an intermediate link between training and training a dog to attack and actively defend. So let's see how to teach a dog to someone else’s team.
- Необходимая информация 1. Required information
- А нужно ли освоение команды «чужой»? 2. Do you need the development of a "foreign" team?
- Схема обучения 3. Training scheme
- Если пес не хочет проявлять агрессию? 4. If the dog does not want to show aggression?
The necessary information
In fact, having heard the command "alien", the dog in no case should not rush to the one who came. It is enough that he is on his guard, roars, or starts to bark loudly. That is, this task does not induce the dog to take active action, but is only a signal to the manifestation of alertness - the pet must be ready for any outcome.
A dog must master this skill no sooner than it masters a set of basic commands - “place”, “sit”, “give a paw”, etc. Moreover, he can start training if he performs the other tasks from the first time, unquestioningly obeying. Serious training should take place no earlier than six months, as early development of nastiness or aggressive behavior can cause the dog to become nervous and intimidated.
Do you need the development of the "alien" team?
This team is not always required, and the owner must first weigh everything: does the pet need to develop aggression, and does the owner have enough strength and influence to control its manifestations.
Improper training, especially when it comes to dogs with an unbalanced psyche, can lead to the fact that the animal will grow angry and uncontrollable. Experienced breeders and dog handlers point out a number of features:
- Large service dogs, and without additional training, rush to the defense of the owner if a dangerous situation arises, especially if their relationship is based on friendship and trust.
- Owners of decorative dog breeds will not receive any benefit when training such a team. It is unlikely that a tiny chihuahua or lapdog will cause someone to fear, even if they bark furiously.
- With inept training, the dog is able to show hostility towards the owner or family members, of course, such an animal is very dangerous.
Among the positive moments, it can be noted that the pet will not play around and have confidence in all those passing by or entering its territory.
It should immediately take into account that training a pet alone will not work - helpers will be needed, and not relatives and relatives. Ideally, it is better to do this training with the assistance of an experienced instructor. The professional will be able to immediately assess whether the dog is suitable for learning such skills.
Another important nuance is that if the owners know from the first day that their pet will master such serious commands, then from the first day it is recommended to protect it from contact with strangers. That is, it is impossible for outsiders to play and stroke the baby. People coming to the house are warned - it is not necessary to show increased attention to the pet. Already in this case, you can pull up the puppy for a leash and say the command "someone else".
When the dog has grown up, matured, mastered the basic skills, you can proceed to specific training - mistrust, nastiness towards strangers. It is necessary to find several assistants and provide them with a special protective kit. Like other training, training is conducted in a quiet, familiar place, without any distractions. This process includes the following actions:
- The dog must be held with a short leash (see how to teach a puppy to a leash ).
- An assistant must approach a person with a dog and show aggression against them - wipe his hand or a stick, but at the same time he must show with all his appearance that he is afraid of the dog.
- Without releasing the dog from the leash, the person gives the command “stranger” using intonation warning of the threat.
- Any hostile reaction - the dog growls, barks, grins, tries to pounce on a stranger, is encouraged, but first it is necessary to repeat the command.
Then it is necessary to interrupt, so that the dog calms down, rests and comes to himself, then repeat the procedure. It is not recommended to load the dog too - two or three approaches in one session are enough.
If the dog does not want to show aggression?
Quite often, owners are faced with the fact that their pet does not show aggression towards a stranger. But in this case you should not immediately retreat and use more active methods:
- the assistant does not wave his hands, but tries to attack the owner;
- he is trying to take away from the owner a treat designed for a pet;
- When attacking, the helper lightly strikes the dog, not in order to inflict bodily injury, but to provoke aggression.
Cynologists warn that excessive use of physical violence may backfire - the dog will not be vicious, but cowardly. The assistant is required to be attentive and careful approach - he must observe the dog's behavior and, if necessary, stop the training. This is done so that the person does not suppress the dog - in this “fight” the animal must always win!
The encouragement is important - for the expected reaction the dog is petted, words of praise are spoken, they are treated. But with the last point it is advisable not to overdo it. You can back up the result while walking - the command is pronounced if the pet starts to growl or grin at the address of the passerby. During walks, you can also provoke a dog - ask the assistant to quietly approach the dog when he does not expect, and slap him, for example, on the rump. The owner gives the command at this moment.
With the right approach, after some time, the dog develops the necessary reaction - it shows distrust of others and does not feel fear when it is threatened.
Teaching a pet to a “foreign” team is an event requiring a serious approach. If the owner is not ready for consistent work subject to a number of rules, then start and not worth it. After all, it is easy to harm the psyche of a puppy, but it is not possible to correct the situation in certain situations. No self confidence? Then it is better to contact an experienced canine.