The dog in the house is not only fun, loyal friend and guard, but also a great responsibility. It should be understood that a puppy is a child who plays pranks and can go to the toilet at home at first. The same applies to sick, old animals, which also often can not control the process of urination. In addition, males often mark the territory. Naturally, one should get rid of the reason for such behavior or show patience if nothing else remains. But in any case, you need to know how to get rid of the smell of dog urine.
- Полезные рекомендации 1. Useful recommendations
- Как удалить запах свежей мочи 2. How to remove the smell of fresh urine
- Видео о том, как избавиться от запаха собачьей мочи 3. Video about how to get rid of the smell of dog urine
- Как справиться с застарелым запахом мочи 4. How to cope with the old smell of urine
Urine in dogs under the influence of oxygen acquires a persistent ammonia smell, so it is important to remove it as soon as possible. But this is not always enough to ensure that the house is not filled with an unpleasant "odor", since urine is often absorbed into the surface. In addition, dog owners can get used to it, not noticing the "fragrance" coming from things, furniture, carpets and other things. But there are effective ways to eliminate the smell of the urine of an animal, regardless of when the stain was left.
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the previous "troubles": bring the puppy as often as possible, and if we are talking about an adult dog, then also to accustom him to the street. For sick dogs, use special diapers or wear absorbent diapers. Naturally, this will not give a 100% guarantee, but will help reduce the risks of leakage.
It is necessary to insure and remove the carpets and cover in the places of movement and rest of the pet. Also, dogs can urinate on rags, pillows lying on the floor, it should all be removed.
It is possible to wash the soaked things with detergents containing enzymes. In addition, ordinary baking soda, added to the water, along with detergent, does an excellent job with urine.
If the carpet is wetted, then it is necessary to thoroughly clean not only it, but also the surface under it, since the stain left under the carpet will “smell sweet” for a long time.
See also: diapers for dogs .
How to remove the smell of fresh urine
As soon as a puddle is discovered, it is necessary to immediately punish the pet (of course, if we are not talking about an old or sick animal), until the crime scene is cleaned. Otherwise, the dog, which is an adult, that the puppy will never understand why they are angry. This is an educational moment and there is no getting away from it.
After the pet has been ashamed, it should be cleaned. If the stain on the carpet, you need to blot napkins or paper towel. For the same purpose, suitable toilet paper or filler used for trays. If the latter is used, then after it absorbs moisture, it should be removed with a vacuum cleaner.
Remove the liquid should be blotting movements and in any case, it is not recommended to rub urine into the pile. If you grind it, it will complicate the removal of odor.
Then you should prepare a solution - one part of vinegar in three parts of water. It is recommended to pour out the prepared mix on the damp place. Vinegar is able to influence the substances that are part of the urine, which cause ammonia odor. In addition, it disappears in a short time and leaves no marks on the surface being cleaned.
After drying the vinegar, the stain should be sprinkled with baking soda. If this is done before drying, then the chemical reaction of soda and vinegar will occur and the effect of substances on urine will significantly decrease.
After cleansing, hydrogen peroxide is added. It is diluted with water by adding a small amount of soap (liquid) or degreasing agent used to wash dishes. The mixture must be poured on a layer of soda, pre-foaming well. This tool will remove all urine residue and unpleasant odor. Peroxide has an active disinfecting effect, which is important for home hygiene. This is especially important when there are young children in the house.
The dried-up site needs to be vacuumed out. This procedure, carried out in the proposed sequence, at the level of chemical components destroys urine. Therefore, timely processing in this way will relieve not only urine, but also subsequent unpleasant odors, before they appear.
Another option to eliminate fresh stains and "fragrances", especially suitable for fabric surfaces - laundry soap. A small piece should be grated on a fine grater and dissolved in warm water. It is necessary to produce a jelly-like mass, which is subsequently applied to the surface, which spreads unpleasant amber. The mixture should saturate the fabric well, about 15 minutes is enough. Then, using a container of clean water and a foam sponge, rinse the area to be cleaned thoroughly.
Lemon juice, surely freshly squeezed, will help relieve furniture from the smell of urine. The stain must be treated and left to dry, after which the surface should be wiped with a damp cloth.
Naturally, getting rid of fresh stains and fragrances is easier than from old ones.
See also: how to wean the dog to write and shit at home .
Video on how to get rid of the smell of dog urine
How to cope with the old smell of urine
But what to do if the pet made a puddle in the absence of the owners and their homes were already waiting for a “fragrant gift”? Or if the child does not clean up his beloved pet as thoroughly as he would like, letting the smell absorb and spread to all the housing? For such a situation, of course, there are some universal ways to remove the smell of old dog urine:
- Smells are volatile, they saturate everything in the apartment, and not just a wet place. Therefore, in order to completely remove the caustic ammonia aroma, you should wash everything you can — bedding, towels, blankets, bedspreads, blankets, and so on. It is necessary to wash the curtains and all removable furniture covers. Water for washing should be as hot as possible, of course, you should take into account the recommendations to things. The use of flavoring conditioners is welcome.
- All that can not be washed - furniture upholstery, carpeting and other should be treated with cleaning agents and special brushes. Surfaces without fabrics - laminated chipboard, tile, fiberboard, plastic panels, etc. can be washed with water with the addition of whiteness or other chlorine-containing agents. For parquet and laminate is better to use individual detergent compositions.
- If the house does not have the right products, then you can apply the contents of the first-aid kit. Hydrogen peroxide copes well with the smell of dog urine, ordinary manganese. Also in this case, suitable citric acid, acetic essence, baking soda. These components should be diluted with a small amount of water and the surfaces treated with a sponge, and even better to spray the solution on the surface of the spray. After the treated surface should be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Another effective tool that can get rid of corrosive odors - bleach. This powder is diluted in water - a tablespoon in a glass of water and, moistening the sponge with a solution, wipe the stains. Chlorine is an aggressive substance, therefore it is recommended to carry out the treatment in protective gloves. In order not to spoil the fabric, treatment should begin with the application of the solution on the back of the product. Then continue the procedure if neither the color nor the structure of the surface has changed.
- Iodine solution can be used to clean a laminate or wood coating. It is prepared from the consumption of 1 tsp of antiseptic per liter of water. Then the liquid is sprayed on the surface. After literally 20 minutes the floor can be wiped with a damp cloth, and then wipe dry. It will be possible to make sure the smell has disappeared completely.
If the animal has chosen a permanent place for the toilet and regularly foul in the same place, a serious approach to weaning from a bad habit is required. In this case, medical alcohol will help - processing them allows you to effectively cope with an unpleasant odor, stains, will have a disinfecting effect and leave behind a trail of alcohol. The latter will be an obstacle for the pet: having sensed this smell, the dog will stop shitting in this place.
If even after cleaning the scent has not disappeared, then you can use an ultraviolet flashlight. It can be purchased at the zoological store. At night, when there is no sunlight, all corners in the apartment should be illuminated with a beam, not forgetting to look under the furniture. UV spots of urine are reflected and become visible. This will reveal old stains and get rid of the source of this not too pleasant smell.
Also look: how to wean the dog nibble things .
In addition, to help the owners of four-legged friends in pet stores sold special tools that remove odors, including feces. They have a sparing formula, so they do not harm the treated surfaces and the pets themselves. Among them are ORGANICS Zoo-WC, Odorgon for pets, WC closet "Odor Absorber" and others.
Virtually any pet owner can face a similar problem, be it a random oversight, a dog's inexperience, health problems, or a protest. But, in any case, this is not a reason to refuse a pet. You should find out the reason for this behavior and, if possible, correct it.