Grooming - this concept came to us from the UK, where for more than one century there are people - groomer, professionally involved in animal care. In their competence, haircut, drying, care for claws and not only. Of course, since that time much has changed. The needs for the appearance of dogs are constantly changing, and groomers follow fashion trends and use new technologies. What does include modern grooming dogs. What does it include and who needs these services?
- Груминг – комплексный уход за собакой 1. Grooming - comprehensive care for the dog
- Профессиональное мытье собак 2. Professional washing of dogs
- Груминг – стрижка и выщипывание шерсти 3. Grooming - haircut and plucking of wool
- Уход за когтями питомца 4. Care of the pet's claws
- Уход грумера за глазами и ушами собаки 5. Care of the groomer behind the eyes and ears of the dog
Grooming - complex care of a dog
Grooming is a whole complex of activities for the care of animals. If we talk about dogs, then the following procedures are included:
- cleaning and washing the ears (read how to clean the ears by yourself );
- "Dog" manicure - circumcision, obtachka, covering with special means, etc. ( how to cut your own claws by yourself );
- cleansing, eye wash;
- hygienic bathing ( washing the dog at home );
- disinfection bathing;
- treatment from parasitic insects;
- trimming ;
- tooth cleaning ( self-cleaning of teeth );
- Unraveling or removing the clotted wool;
- edging of the form, etc.
In addition, a professional groom can get completely free advice on how to properly care for a particular breed of dog .
Professional washing of dogs
Most dogs can not often bathe, enough two or three times a year. Pets, who often participate in exhibitions, this is not enough. Not all owners of four-legged friends, especially show-class dogs, do this themselves, because there are professionals who will do it according to all rules and with the use of special tools.
Grumer will not only wash the dog, but also save it from the clots of the wool that has fallen off, select the most suitable shampoo. Before important events, the use of toning means is possible to make the dog's fur more bright and attractive.
He will not allow water to enter the ears, and quick drying with a hair dryer will prevent a possible fattening of the pet. Proper drying will lay the coat properly, which is a prerequisite for participation in the exhibition. Careful washing with suitable means will allow the pet to stay clean for longer.
In addition, during washing, a specialist can notice health problems (ear mites, tumor formations, etc.) and immediately inform the owner about it.
Grooming - haircut and plucking of wool
If we consider in more detail, then grooming is a lot of various manipulations that give the pet a beautiful and well-groomed appearance, and most of them carry not quite clear, foreign names.
For example, cutting dogs:
- Hair cutting is carried out with a machine or with scissors. After the procedure, the coat of the animal acquires uniformity and density. This includes the "clipper-waving" - the processing of wool by the machine is almost naked. Two types of techniques can be applied - in the course of hair growth and against. Which parts of the trunk are subjected to such a haircut, depends on the requirements of the standard for the breed. Used a manual, or an electric tool. Another kind of trimming is flatwack, a treatment aimed at maintaining a single length of wool, mostly short, in certain areas. This haircut is performed using scissors or a typewriter.
- Blending (leveling) is a procedure that makes the transitions from long to short wool unnoticeable. Gives the haircut a finished look. Special scissors for filing are used.
- Top notes are hairstyles of dogs with various accessories - rubber bands, hairpins and clips. Haircut is most often used for long-haired decorative rocks. It is mandatory for dogs, in which the length of the coat exceeds 10 cm in length in the head region, as well as for pets wearing bangs or having bulging eyeballs.
- Creative haircut - in this case, the master departs from all standards. The dog's coat is painted, toned, applied weaving techniques, as well as tattoo on the hair. Entertainment and spectacularity are the main advantages of such care. Performed both for special competitions, and simply, at the request of the owners of the dog.
You can cut the dog from three months old, but short haircuts are not recommended until half a year.
Each dog has a different period of regrowth, so it's difficult to say when a pet needs a haircut. The ideal period between the haircuts is 2-3 months, if there is no possibility for such frequent activities, it is recommended to cut the dog very shortly at least once every 12 months - with the onset of a warm season.
If the owner of a dog with a rich head of hair decides to do a haircut on his own, the groomers recommend buying a special machine for cutting dogs. It is better to give preference to a battery tool - it is possible to take with you to exhibitions, use removable knives, or rotary - the most powerful unit that will cope with the most shaggy four-legged. The latter option is suitable for dimensional dogs.
Other techniques are also used:
- Trimming (stripping) - removal of dead hairs in dogs with a hard coat. This procedure is required by the following breeds - schnauzers, terriers, collies with long hair and others. With the help of stripping it is possible to take care of the hair and skin that can not be cut, and it is possible to maintain the ideal structure of the hair. The plucking is done with a special knife.
- There is one more technique - rolling , this is one of the types of stripping. It is used for show-class animals, often taking part in exhibitions. The pinch is made gradually, which allows you to leave a hairs of different ages in the dog.
- Also there is a manual plucking - the plating , during which the master uses the thumb and forefinger, and also the platter - the chips are sharp and fast, the very ends of the wool are grasped. If you do not remove the dead hair, then in addition to the sloppy appearance, the pet may have irritation on the skin.
Care for pet claws
This is another type of procedure performed by groom. Of course, the basic inspection, washing the paws after a walk is what each owner does at home. And specialists are usually treated with more serious problems:
- Carefully cut the hair between the fingers - this is a necessary hygiene procedure, protecting the dog from the development of fungal diseases.
- Trim claws - long claws can interfere with the pet when walking, adversely affect its gait and even grow into the paw of the paw, thereby causing the dog to suffer from pain and inflammation. Grumer uses special claws - with a guillotine mechanism or with a sickle-shaped blade. It is also possible to saw the claws and grind - hand or automatic polishing. At the request of the owner, the surface of the claws is covered with decorative varnishes, strengthening means.
You can carry out the procedure and at home, however, in pets with black claws, it is very difficult to do everything right, since the core of the nail plate is not visible.
For an independent "dog" manicure is to follow the advice of professionals:
- if there are no skills for cutting, you can file them every two or three weeks with a flat file;
- correct sawing - this is the movements of the instrument from the top down;
- it is not necessary to be afraid to put pressure on the plate during the first procedures, it will be much easier later.
Care groomer after the eyes and ears of the dog
The specialist carries out a hygienic haircut. Haircut in the eyes and ears provides the pupils with excellent eyesight and hearing. This is a rather complex and delicate procedure, which it is better to entrust to professionals. If necessary, the groomer pulls out the wool inside the ear.
Grumer carefully removes dirt and dirt that accumulate in the corners of the dog's eyes, using tampons soaked with special means for this purpose. There are lotions designed to care for the hair around the eyes, as well as for lightening brownish spots in light breeds.
Particularly complex is the care for brachycephalies - dogs, bulging eyes - bulldogs, pugs , pekinese , boston terriers, griffins, etc. In addition to professional procedures, it is necessary to clean up the accumulated formations from the corners of the eyes daily with moist napkins.
Dogs need to clean their ears once every seven days. At home, this is done with the help of handy tools - hydrogen peroxide, vegetable oil, etc. An experienced groomer has an arsenal of tools and tools suitable for various breeds. Gentle cleaning is even for dogs of dwarf species with narrow auditory canals, and owners of difficult to clean hanging ears.
If a four-legged friend appears in the house, then, naturally, he needs care. Cleaning of wool, ears, claw clipping, haircut and other - mandatory procedures included in the grooming, and the owners of the dog have two options - to perform the procedures themselves, or to seek professional services.
It does not matter, a thoroughbred dog or an ordinary mongrel, he deserves to be well-groomed and happy.