Frantsuzik - a miniature bulldog, which only in size is inferior to its larger brethren. This is a fairly popular breed, and its distribution is associated with the unpretentiousness of dogs, their compact size, and most importantly - an amazingly friendly character. What should the future owners know about the French bulldogs?
- История происхождения породы 1. History of the origin of the breed
- Описание породы французский бульдог 2. Description of breed French Bulldog
- Характер и особенности поведения 3. Nature and characteristics of behavior
- Воспитание и дрессировка 4. Education and training
- Уход 5. Care
- Особенности кормления 6. Features of feeding
- Фото французского бульдога 7. Photo of the French Bulldog
- Видео 8. Videos
- Сколько стоит щенок 9. How much does the puppy cost?
- Питомники французского бульдога 10. Catteries of the French Bulldog
History of the origin of the breed
According to the history, the name of the breed is in no way connected with the country of its origin. In fact, the birthplace of French bulldogs is England, more precisely the city of Nottingham. Initially, small bulldogs used workers to fight rodents in factories and other industries. The scientific and technological revolution led to the fact that many workers lost their jobs and went to another country where workers' hands would not be in the way - to France. Naturally, they took their little dogs with them.
And on the territory of France they gained popularity in the working and trading environment. And already closer to the 20th century small sturdy women began to appear in noble families and gradually joined the bohemian life. Being in 71st place in 2000 in prevalence, today the French bulldogs moved 50 points higher. Is this not confirmation of their global popularity?
Description of breed French Bulldog
French bulldogs have classic features of Molossian breeds, differing only in modest dimensions. Despite the size, these are powerful dogs with a compact, square body. The growth of males varies from 27 to 35 cm, weight - 9-14 kg, in bitches the following parameters - growth from 24 to 32 cm, weight - 8-13 kg. Dogs are active, they have developed intelligence. And one more feature is expressive, intelligent eyes.
The standard describes the breed as follows:
- Like all Molossians, the "French" have a large, even rather massive head with folds and wrinkles, located symmetrically. Between the brow ridges there is a pronounced furrow. The occipital mound is present, but it is weakly expressed. But the transition from the frontal area to the muzzle is clearly visible.
- In the French bulldog, the shortened maxillary and nasal bones, as well as the lobe and the back of the nose, are slightly inclined backwards. The muzzle ends in a snub-nosed, black, broad lobe. It should be noted that a shortened muzzle can cause certain problems with breathing.
- Lips fleshy, slightly drooping, painted black. Clash in the middle and cover the dentition. Jaws rather powerful, lower slightly forward.
- Eyes large, round in shape, with dark strokes and iris, expression alive.
- Small thin ears - broadened at base, tips rounded. Are located high, but at a sufficient distance from each other.
- The neck is slightly short, muscular with a slight bend, the suspension is absent.
- The trunk is characterized by a gradual but not very pronounced rise from withers to the lumbar region. This feature has all the representatives of this breed.
- The back is strong, with well developed musculature, passing into a short, convex loin and well tilted croup.
- The chest is cylindrical, and because of the curved ribs, it looks barrel-shaped, with good depth.
- The abdomen is tight, without sharp lines. The tail is short but successfully covering the anus. Straight, low-set and tapered tip.
- The forelimbs are represented by short forearms and pasterns set vertically. Paws resemble felines in shape, as they are small, round in shape, with tightly closed, black claws. The hind legs are stronger, longer and muscular in comparison with the forelegs. Placed sheer, which is due to the presence of lifting. The dog moves freely, powerfully, measuredly.
Wool and colors
The coat of French bulldogs is short, smooth, snug against the skin, glossy and has no undercoat. There are dogs of the following colors:
- From a pale yellow to a rusty shade - with or without tigrovin, with or without white spots:
- brindle tone - the coat can be any shade from pale yellow to red with pronounced tigroviny of dark color; it is possible to have a mask on the face;
- monophonic color - from pale yellow to reddish; The mask may be missing, but it refers more to benefits, especially black;
- Color with the presence of white spots:
- Tiger fleece with white spots, ideal if they are located throughout the body;
- light-pale or red hair with some white spots.
Completely white specimens are found and the standard is allowed if they have a black eyelid and a nose lobe. However, they are not used for breeding, since the risk of the appearance of offspring with deafness is great.
Character and features of behavior
Some character traits "the French" inherited from their English ancestors, however, they are more mobile, open and good-natured. They are very smart, but the owners must take into account - the French bulldogs are difficult to train. No, they are quite smart and immediately understand the desire of the owner, but do not want to fulfill the commands too much. The task of moderate difficulty doggie will repeat, but this will require 30-40 times to repeat its request-command.
The mind of these dogs has a direction not at all to execute service commands, but to high socialization. These pets are able to build relationships with their families, subtly catching emotions and mood. The French Bulldog is a versatile dog that is suitable for a large family, as well as for single people, including the elderly and physically disabled.
A Frenchman is a real protector, he feels when a real danger is threatened by a person. And this despite the apparent decorativeness and modest size. This is due to their original function of fighter jets of large and evil rodents - rats. The pets of this breed are quite peaceful, they differ in devotion and tenderness towards their family. They do not mind the congestion of people, and it even impresses them in the center of attention.
Mentally they are very stable, not prone to panic and are not afraid of anything. Some bulldogs are rather capricious, they can take offense, but they do not remember evil and almost immediately "thaw". These dogs are excellent companions and need regular communication with a person. They are very playful, but they are not alien to being alone. But they tolerate long loneliness badly. Owners must take into account that such a pet will constantly require attention, but if the owner can not at this time to do the dog, he will not bother.
Dogs like to travel, so if there is an opportunity - it is not necessary to leave the pet, and it is better to take him as a fellow traveler. He will not bring trouble and will perfectly transfer the trip on any transport. The French bulldog does not like his kind and is very negative about cats. This is not surprising, since he himself loves affection, attention, and the dog is difficult to reconcile with competition. Therefore, it is desirable that he was the only pet in the house. The only exception is if the pets grow together. Such a dog - the best companion for games, so the French adore children and are happy to frolic with them.
Read also : how to name a French bulldog .
Education and training
If you do not require a pet to do something complicated, then even a child can cope with the training of a bulldog. They perfectly master the basic commands that are required for comfortable interaction - "sit", "next", etc. To bring up a puppy is better from the first days of his appearance in the house.
If the dog is already an adult in the family, then in this case he will be able to learn the basics of dressing. From the owner does not require special knowledge - it is enough to be persistent, consistent and not give vent to feelings.
Bulldogs very quickly get used to the toilet on the street, they learn that pick up garbage and treat yourself to other people's hands. They quickly grow up, and already a year-old pet will not be naughty, causing damage to property.
The Frenchman needs some attention and the hygienic procedures of the puppy must be taught from the first days. The coat of these dogs is easy to care for, in addition, they almost do not shed and do not have a specific smell. To have a shine, it is enough 2-3 times a week to treat it with a massage brush with soft bristles. By the way, wool is the first indicator of the health of the pet - if it has become dim, it means that violations occur in the body.
Bulldogs are washed not so often - 1 time in 2-3 months or as necessary. You can use both special means and baby soap. It is necessary to regularly inspect the ears of the pet and, in the presence of contaminants, treat them with a cotton swab. Eyes are treated with a wet napkin daily.
Teeth can be called a weak spot in the health of the dog, they are prone to various diseases and stabbing. Therefore, giving a pet often bones should not be. For preventive purposes, you should regularly brush your dog's teeth and give special treats with a cleansing effect. Claws of an animal are cut off regularly - in the winter period more often.
It will be interesting: dry food for small dogs .
Features of feeding
The nutritional value of the diet depends on the way the pet behaves. If it is an active dog, then its menu should be more caloric than that of the "homebody". Meat should be the basis, its share in the daily rate is about 70%. Suitable products for the bulldog are lean beef, lamb, horse meat, rabbit meat. It can be given raw, but pre-defrosted.
You can also give cooked by-products - liver, kidney, cicatrix, heart, etc. Usually the calculation of the amount of meat goes, based on the age of the pet - 20 g per 1 kg. The remaining 30% includes cereals, vegetables, fruits, herbs, and dairy products. Kashi can be cooked from buckwheat, rice, barley and oatmeal. They are cooked on water without salt, at the end of cooking meat and vegetable ingredients are added. It is also useful to season the dish with vegetable oils.
Milk to adult pets is not recommended, as their body does not absorb it well. But they can be treated with yogurt, yoghurt, curdled milk, cottage cheese. Vegetables are given as raw (if the pet eats them), and boiled. For this, the pumpkin, zucchini, cucumbers, cabbage, beets, carrots, etc. are suitable.
Fish can enter the diet - it replaces meat, but not more often 1-2 times a week. River fish are given boiled, but the sea is better to give in raw form. This food should be cleaned of bones. If the pet likes fruit, then they are recommended to give as a treat. In some cases, such yummy is an excellent incentive for puppy training.
Trying to diversify the diet of the pet, the owners can damage his health. For example, you should not give a sour milk and meat dish in one session. In addition, there are a number of products that should not be in the dog's diet:
- potatoes (you can occasionally give boiled tubers, but only young, old vegetables are rich in starch, poorly digestible gastrointestinal tract of the animal);
- flour products (bread, pasta, etc.);
- sweets (cookies, muffins, sweets, ice cream, etc.);
- smoked products;
- pickles and marinades;
- bones - tubular, solid;
- pork, lard.
Do not give the pet food with spices, sauce, ketchup, fried, fatty dishes. If the owner prefers dry rations, then this should be high-quality premium and super premium foods. If the pet suffers from food allergy, then it is worth choosing a hypoallergenic food, which is usually released in the line of holistic fodder. Proper nutrition is the key to the health and longevity of the pet.
More on feeding a French bulldog .
Photo of the French Bulldog
How much does the puppy cost?
Due to the fact that this breed is quite popular, there will be no problems with the acquisition of the pet. There will be many options, and any price category:
- A puppy without documents and, as a consequence, without guarantees of pure breed and health, can manage in 2500-3500 rubles. It should be noted that such a dog is suitable only as a pet.
- A puppy from a nursery without a pedigree, but with the possibility of obtaining it and guaranteeing compliance with health, can be purchased for 10,000-20,000 rubles.
- The cost of the "Frenchman" with documents varies from 20,000 to 80,000 rubles. It depends on many factors, such as the titles of producers, the correspondence of puppies to the standard, and so on.
The French Bulldog is a dog that is not the size of a bold, merry and loyal. This is an excellent travel companion, a friend who will look forward to the return of his master. And what will he require in return? Attentions, love, affection, benevolence and quality care. This is the guarantee of a good relationship between the owner and his four-legged pet.