In the house there was a small "bell"? He jumps funny, biting surrounding objects, flipping his slippers and trying to climb onto the sofa? It's time to start training, so that a grown-up pet does not allow himself such liberties. Training dogs is just necessary. Do not think that the puppy is still small and unintentional. Begin to educate him you need, as soon as possible, and you can do it yourself at home.
- Зачем дрессировать собаку и что использовать в процессе 1. Why train a dog and what to use in the process
- Подготовка к дрессуре 2. Preparation for training
- Необходимые команды 3. Required Commands
- Основные правила дрессировки 4. Basic rules of training
Why train a dog and what to use in the process
Training dogs at home has three important goals:
- The pet should recognize in the owner of the leader, which means that he will know his own status.
- A person learns a pet well, and in the most critical situations knows what to expect from it and how to behave.
- A trained dog is a socially adapted pet that can get along not only with people, but also with other animals.
Before training, the owner must clearly formulate what he wants to receive as a result of the exercise. Use as a motivational subject can be a deterrent, or reward. The maximum return can be achieved if the dog receives the desired immediately, in the first seconds, after the command is executed. There should not be any hiccups, which means everything must be prepared in advance.
Among deterrence methods one can single out the following:
- Use of objects that can attract the attention of a dog. In most cases, these are things that make sharp sounds - whistles, a bunch of keys, a rattle from a tin can with pebbles, etc.
- In case of non-performance, the dog is deprived of the attention of the owner. She is sent to the place without the usual stroking and praise, with a strict voice.
Pet containment methods can be used for grown-up puppies older than 4 months. If the dog is unbalanced, then this method should also not be used.
It is noted that ignoring the pet is a more effective technique than physical influence - often the slapping of the dog is perceived as playing elements.
Training is quite labor-intensive, and tired of the process, you can motivate yourself that it is much easier to teach a dog how to behave properly than to correct inadequate behavior.
Read also : how to teach a puppy to go to the toilet .
Preparing for training
If you talk about where to start, then the answer is obvious - from yourself. The owner of the pet should understand that training is not a leisure activity, caused by a minute-long desire, but a painstaking, everyday work. Therefore, you need to plan the schedule carefully, taking the time for classes. At this time, no cases should be assigned, and nothing should be distracted from the process.
By the first lesson, you need to prepare a collar, leash and favorite pet delicacy. As a last, you should not choose products from your own table. For this purpose, dry food is suitable. For especially choosy dogs, you can buy special yummies in the pet store, designed for training.
To begin training is better in a place familiar to the pet, so that it is not distracted by foreign objects. If the area is unexplored for the puppy, then you need to give some time to develop the territory.
One more condition must be observed: during lessons there should not be any strangers nearby, it will greatly complicate the task and constantly distract the puppy.
Among the main teams, which are the basis of all further skills, we can distinguish the following:
- Instruction to the nickname. The pet should not only know his own name, but also be able to respond immediately to him. This is a pledge of excellent obedience, both at home and on the ground. To achieve success, you need to pronounce the nickname more often, putting in the voice, as much as possible positive emotions. As soon as the dog reacted to its own name - it automatically deserved encouragement.
- The command "To me!". In the initial stage, you can use this command exclusively for positive moments - during the pet invitation to eat, walk or play. This will allow the dog to perceive it as something good and strengthen the team in the mind. Later, during the training, the reaction to the team needs to be corrected. The pet will not only have to approach the owner, but sit down at his feet. During normal walks, you can simply call the puppy, for no reason and treat yourself to a delicacy. This will not only speed up the training, but also help to distract the dog from eating street waste, because it will be easier for her to give up dubious food in favor of a delicious treat.
- Concentration of attention. Any dog should depend on the owner. If the owner has left, the pet should go after it. This skill should be given to the puppy from the first days. To do this, use a useful exercise:
- Puppy should be lowered from the leash and give some time to play. The owner must retire, at least 10 meters, and get up half a turn. The dog will definitely notice the lack of a master and will run to seek. Finding, the pet will show emotions of joy and will look into the eyes, seeking approval. In two or three seconds after that, you need to praise the puppy and treat him with a delicacy. After some time, the exercise repeats, only in this case it should take a little more time between the moment when the dog came up and received praise.
- Later you can complicate the task - the owner must turn away from the pet when the dog runs up. In this case, the puppy will show patience and will sit faithfully, wait for eye contact, and he will receive the expected approval. After this, the dog must be praised. These exercises will allow the puppy to learn how to execute the command "to me!" And at the same time to concentrate on the owner. At this point, the pet does not pay attention to strangers, but expects a response from the host.
- Accustoming the pet to the place. If we are talking about an adult dog, then there is practically no chance of getting accustomed to the place. As for the puppies, they are fully trained. Do not encourage the free movement of the pet around the apartment. It is necessary to prepare a special place (sunbed, house, pillow, bedding , etc.) and introduce a new member of the family to him. Small puppies, like any children, have the property to fall asleep where they played. Therefore, every time you put the sleeping baby in place. It is not necessary to instill negative memories of the place in the pet, so all unpleasant procedures (carding, cleaning the ears , cutting the claws, etc.) must be done outside this place. It is possible to provide a cosiness for a four-legged friend - to spread something soft and pleasant, to put next to your favorite toys. The dog must learn that this is the safest and most comfortable place in the whole house.
All this is the basis of a trusting relationship between a man and a dog. But there are many more useful commands that the pet will have to learn:
- "Give!" - will allow to take away from the pet any item picked up on the street or dropped in the house. The trained dog will have to obey, despite the increased interest in the subject.
- "Nearby!" - a useful team when walking, that with a leash that without it.
- "Sit!" - an excellent tool when a fairly large pet shows excessive pleasure.
- "Lie!" - the same as the previous team.
- "Fu!" - one word will save the dog from the risk of poisoning or attack.
- "Stand!" Is another useful command from a number of restrictive ones.
- "Fas!" Is a command that allows the animal to be used as a protector.
- "Aport!" - maybe as fun during the game, and help in certain situations.
As you can see, there are a lot of teams, and the favorite pet is able to master them all with the correct approach. But for the process to pass without problems, it is also necessary for the owner to observe certain rules.
Having mastered the necessary commands, you can:
The expert's opinion about the training of puppies:
Basic rules of training
There are a number of immutable truths that need to be taken for granted:
- Primary sessions should be short - for 10-12 minutes, at least twice a day.
- Any lesson should begin with the consolidation of the knowledge gained earlier.
- The dog absorbs the material worse immediately after a meal, after a dream and at a later time of the day.
- As punishment, you can not use physical violence, only voice. The reproachful "Bad", "Ay-ay" will be quite enough.
- The command must be spoken one, at most two times, clearly, with a loud voice.
- To praise a pet is necessary, even if it did something, in the owner's opinion, insignificant.
And most importantly - you need to practice every day, so that the pet better memorized the passed and learned more knowledge and skills. Adhering to certain rules and recommendations of qualified dog handlers, the dog will grow up educated and trained.