Alabai are serious and capricious dogs, so they require mandatory correction of behavior. The success of the training alabaya depends on how high the intellect of the pet, whether it has a tendency to learn, and whether the trainer has patience and experience in this difficult task.
Characteristics of alabayev
Representatives of this breed are considered one of the most intellectually developed dogs, they can execute the command from the first time. But due to their stubbornness, laid down at the genetic level, they tend to refuse to do it, preferring independent actions. That is why in the training of alabayev a psychological factor is very important - the timely establishment of contact between a person and a dog.
The trainer must be firm and able to inspire the dog that his team must be carried out without question. If alabai once disobeyed without consequences, he will constantly refuse to carry out the commands of the person.
It is possible to tackle the training of a Central Asian puppy, only remembering the characteristic features of this breed. First of all, these are dogs - shepherds, which means that they, at the level of genes, have a habit of living with a flock and obeying their leader. Therefore, it is extremely important to prove your superiority to a pet from the very first day, so that he perceives the commands of a person as the orders of the chief of the pack.
Experts recommend for this to bring the dog into places unknown to her, to foreign territory, to be transported in a car, public transport. A puppy of any breed in such a situation will feel uncomfortable and confused, and the owner of the dog, behaving calmly and confidently, will show leadership qualities, and this will be able to inspire respect for the dog.
How to train a puppy alabai
As soon as the baby is two months old, and he gets to his owners, you can begin to train him. If before his mother was the main thing for him, now this place must be occupied by a man. Knowing the psychology of representatives of this breed, it is possible to say with confidence that they do not like people who constantly fuss, are impatient and speak in raised voices.
If you constantly scream at the Central Asian Shepherd Dog, use physical force as a punishment, the pet will begin to perceive such behavior as a weakness of the owner, and due to natural stubbornness will persistently not obey.
Alabai are clever and wayward animals, therefore a special approach is required to them. If the puppy is guilty, then he, accordingly, should be punished. But for this it will be enough to do the same thing as his mother did - shake the withers and clearly say only one command: “Phew!”. Once you understand that they are walking from him, alabai will constantly execute this command. This will avoid various troubles. In the process of communicating with animals, a person should be able to own emotions and exude confidence.
As soon as contact was established, and the alabay perceived the trainer for the leader, you can begin the process of training and begin with the basic commands. There are several methods: promotion, coercion and prohibition. With the promotion of the dog receives praise or a tasty morsel. Coercion is used in case of refusal to execute a command, and the pet will execute it in order not to receive punishment.
A prohibitive method is introduced in order for a dog to stop all unwanted actions. For any breeds, and for alabayev especially, it is often impossible to use it, since the pet loses the desire to make independent decisions.
The course of home dog training includes the following commands:
- To me! This is the very first team that the puppy must master. Calling the dog to yourself, it is necessary to add to the spoken nickname loudly and clearly “Come to me!” If the kid came up without delay, he should be immediately encouraged, treated him with a treat and stroked.
- Beside! This team is to find a pet at the owner’s left foot, not only in a calm state, but also during movement. In this case, after the team should energetic leap leash.
- Sit! This position is the starting point for many other actions. You can use the method of promotion, bringing to the nose of a pet treat, or by clicking on the area of the sacrum.
- Lie down! The dog must, on command, lie down, keeping the body straight. In service dogs in this position, the head should be raised. You can use the method of taste encouragement, pressing in the area of the withers with pulling paws, or a sharp movement of the leash down.
- Stand! In this case, the animal should stop, no matter what the dog was busy. Forced tactics are used: the pet must be raised, holding his hands under his stomach or pulling the leash up. After the command has been executed, it must be kept in that position for some time, and then give a treat and praise.
- Take a walk! To give your pet a rest during class, you need to teach him to distinguish between training time and a free state. To do this, use a long leash. The dog must be shown by example that it is necessary to move, and then be called to him and treat him with a treat.
- A place! One of the first teams, allowing to designate a puppy its place. For an older pet, the task becomes more complicated, since any object becomes a “place”. The dog should be with him, regardless of what is happening around.
After the pet learns the command given by voice, a new variant is introduced - a hand showing. Each team has its own designation.
Teams should be offered to the dog, following the sequence, but not all at once. Alabayam may take a long time to assimilate them. Definitely, they can repeat any command at once, but their character will not allow agreeing to repeat them all the time.
Home schooling rules
The puppy will learn the team better if the studies are conducted at home, with a calm atmosphere and the absence of strangers. It will be necessary to eliminate all distractions, that is, TV, radio, toys that are interesting for the kid. Only in this way can the dog concentrate as much as possible exclusively on tasks.
If the pet is to live in an open-air cage, it is still necessary to teach him not to be afraid of the noise of the city - the movement of vehicles, a large number of people, and street noise.
There are a number of teams that can be trained only in the street. For example, the command: “Road!” Is necessary for the dog to always stop in front of the roadway. In order for a puppy to learn it, you need to stop before going for two or three minutes and say the command. And you need to repeat the action regardless of whether there is transport on the road or not.
On the street, the dog learns the commands "Aport!" And "Barrier." You can teach them a puppy from 3.5-4 months.
Alabai is, first of all, a guard dog, so they need to develop the following vital skills:
- to protect the territory and things entrusted to him;
- to be distrustful of strangers;
- be able to pursue and detain intruders;
- guard and protect the person;
- perform patrol activities;
- be able to detect traces on the tracks, to find not only a person, but also hidden things.
There are many teams that can instill such skills in a pet. And only from the owners of the dog depends on which of them are necessary for their pet.
When training alabay, it is necessary to exercise caution and not to deprive him of the craving for independence. Protecting the local area in the dark, being outside the enclosure, the dog must be able to make a decision, depending on the situation. The Central Asian Shepherd Dogs guard the area silently, and attack without any warning signs. Sometimes the owners teach their four-legged guards to bark when they find strangers on the territory.
It should be noted that if the puppy gets into the house where there is already a guard dog, then he will learn to perform security functions more quickly, adopting someone else's experience.
If there are no special skills in training, then it is better to entrust this business to professionals. In this case, group classes, most likely, will not work, since the fierce temper of alabai will not allow him to calmly communicate with other dogs. The best option - individual lessons.
In any case, it is impossible to leave the Central Asian Shepherd Dog without training, because, not being able to obey, it can become an unguided weapon, a threat to others.
- reviews about alabai ;
- how to call alaby ;
- how to raise alabaya ;
- aviary for alabaya ;
- what to feed alaby ;
- Alabay dog breed .