Zvergi - the smallest of schnauzers, however, from their larger brethren they are distinguished only by their sizes. Otherwise, they are bold, active, devoted dogs, from which often they get excellent service dogs. Future owners need to take into account that the zwergs are not suitable for lying on the couch, they need to pay attention and give the chance to splash out excessive energy.
- Происхождение породы цвергшнауцер 1. Origin of the breed Zwergschnauzer
- Характер собак этой породы 2. The nature of dogs of this breed
- Описание породы цвергшнауцер 3. Description of the breed Zwergschnauzer
- Как дрессировать цверга 4. How to train a duckfrog
- Уход за цвергшнауцером 5. Care for a Miniature Schnauzer
- Особенности кормления 6. Features of feeding
- Фото цвергшнауцера 7. Photo of a Miniature Schnauzer
- Видео о цвергшнауцере 8. Video about the miniature schnauzer
- Стоимость цвергшнауцера 9. The cost of a miniature schnauzer
- Питомники цвергшнауцера 10. Miniature Schnauzer nurseries
Origin of the breed Miniature Schnauzer
Today, the historical roots of many breeds have not been fully studied, the same applies to Zwergschnauzers. However, it is for certain known that they were withdrawn on the basis of medium schnauzers - mittels. Breeders had a definite goal - to preserve the appearance of the mittens as much as possible, but to reduce their size. And the new breed, unlike other dwarf varieties, should be deprived of constitutional weaknesses.
Homeland zvergov is Germany, it was here, or rather, in the Swabian region, conducted breeding work. At the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, experiments were conducted on crossing schnauzers with other breeds, to improve certain qualities. According to the guesses of the researchers, the work was conducted with affenpinchers, orange spitz, poodles. Efforts have been crowned with success, and today zwergpinschers have gained popularity all over the world and even in some countries successfully carry customs service.
The nature of dogs of this breed
In the family zwergschnauzer is a favorite, which allows children almost everything, very faithful and obedient. But if his defensive qualities are suddenly needed, this funny dog can turn into a very spiteful dog, with a frenzy of protecting the owner and property.
In his small body lives a brave fighter, who can not frighten little or knock him out of the rut. But this quality of the dog is something to which the owner also. Despite the small size, the dog will obey only the real leader - intelligent, uncompromising, energetic.
The trees are very cautious about others, especially strangers. They perceive even large dogs as their equals, and will never accept their authority, only on the basis of their size. Dogs of this breed are distinguished by developed intelligence and unprecedented vigor.
Taking a family of puppies in the family, it is worth considering that the functions of the watchman and guard are in his blood, therefore excessive zeal must be suppressed and corrected from the first days of his appearance in the house. The pet does not need to explain who is "his" and who is not trustworthy.
His distrustfulness and incorruptibility in his blood and between the offered delicacy and the opportunity to drive him away, the zwerge will not even hesitate and choose the latter. Naturally, this behavior needs to be brought up, otherwise only the members of the family will be in the house except the owner. The rest will be for the dog dangerous personalities, threatening the family and property.
Description of the breed zwergschnauzer
The Miniature Schnauzer is a stocky dog, with a small, sturdy, muscular body that has the format of a square. This is a brave, vigilant guard who, unlike other decorative representatives, has no infantile appearance, that is, there is no question of dwarfism:
- Representatives are characterized by a large proportional head size with a moderately pronounced forehead breadth and massiveness of the muzzle decorated with brooch-bush, rich mustache and beard.
- The nose of the nose is pigmented in black, the nostrils are large, well opened. Lips dry, with black pigmentation, fit tightly. Teeth in full set, strong, white with scissor bite. The eyes are small, with a dark iris and a lively, mischievous glance.
- Ears stop, in this case they get a standing shape. Uninfected ears are of average length, slightly raised on cartilages, with high setting.
- The neck is medium in length, developed muscles, smoothly passes into a well-defined withers and strong, muscular, back , which is somewhat sloping. The loin has a slight bulge. Croup with a moderate slant, well marked muscles, there is a roundness.
- The tail is set high, it stops shortly, there are three vertebrae. When the dog is excited, it takes upright position.
- Paws have the shape of a "cat" type - shortened, slightly rounded, collected by a lump, with strong, dark claws.
The growth of dogs varies within the range of 30-35 cm, in females the lower growth plate is preferred, in males, respectively, the upper. Weight yat dogs from 6 to 7 kg.
Wool short cover in dogs differs in density, with a soft, rather gentle undercoat and harsh, loosely adherent coarse hair. To features of appearance it is possible to carry a dense beard, smart mustaches and brows, covering eyes. The wool on the paws is longer than in the rest of the trunk. As for the adorning coat, it is hard.
The miniature schnauzer moves easily, freely, energetically - with a sweeping trot. The dog is full of contrasts - having a rather funny appearance, at the same time a sense of self-worth and some imposingness prevails.
Colors of Miniature Schnauzers
There are several colors of doves:
- Pepper with salt. This is a zone-colored cover coat. The shades of wool range from gray with silver to dark-steel. Undercoat gray. The standard allows for lighter tones in the eyebrows, whiskers, beard, cheeks, neck, chest, limbs, abdomen and tail on the inside. The presence of a dark mask is required for any shade of wool.
- Solid black wool. Requires purity and depth of color, without admixture and gray hair, and black should be an undercoat.
- Black wool with tan marks "silver". The background is black, there are silvery-gray tans on it, symmetry is required. Tan marks are located above the brow ridges, from the sides, in the cheeks, throat, on the chest - 2 triangles, pasterns, metatarsals, inner parts of the extremities, under the tail, around the anus. Undercoat of black light.
- Wool of pale tones. With the undercoat of a gray tone.
- Wool is white. Uniform, pure color, the presence of specks and splat is not allowed, with a white or gray undercoat. On the skin there is pigmentation.
How to train a duckfoot
Before engaging in the education of his restless four-legged friend, the owner must understand - it is impossible to treat this little dog as an ornamental pet. It is always worth remembering that all Schnauzers - large and not very, above all, are service dogs.
Zvergi are undoubtedly very intelligent dogs, but this does not mean that they do not need education, and it should be done from an early age. It is their ingenuity and can affect the fact that the dog will quickly start to fool around, and training will become much more complicated.
During the training, the host must be firm and consistent. When giving a command to a pet, it must achieve its obligatory fulfillment. Otherwise, the dog will quickly seize the initiative, and he will decide when and what he wants to do, and it smells of the fact that the zverg will be ill-mannered and self-willed.
First of all, it is necessary to teach the dog to obey unquestioningly, under any conditions and external stimuli. Given its fearless and even rather pugnacious nature, it will help to avoid conflicts during the daytime, and when guests come home.
By the way, zwergi love active pursuits and if to make them diverse and most interesting, then it does not even occur to him to get out. And this is a great opportunity to throw out excess energy.
What can this little dog know? In fact, he almost everything under the force. Zvergi can work at height, they are extremely jumping and can overcome obstacles, above them several times. From such a pet, after spending a little more time on training, you can make a real circus stuntman.
Zverg can be very useful in the house, as it can be taught to bring things, and he does it with great pleasure. Despite the frivolous appearance and compact dimensions, the dog will be quite serious about guarding, and no one can pass him with impunity.
Representatives of this breed are recommended to lead people who lead an active lifestyle. The pet will accompany the master in any training - jogging, cycling, morning exercises, etc. Moreover, he himself can be quite successful athlete, with him you can create a successful team for agility, participate in a dog frisbee, freestyle, flyboy.
With Zvergschnauzer you can enroll in almost any training course, he can master any set of skills. The only limitation is the draft load. Of course, the dog will also be laid out in full force, but such an occupation will have a detrimental effect on the health of a small pet. Do not force him to roll the child in a sleigh, harness it into a cart and stuff.
Care for a Miniature Schnauzer
The departure of the zverg requires, especially this refers to its amazing coat. Like all schnauzers, the duckweeds practically do not shed, and this is an undoubted plus, however, it is still necessary to save the pet from the dead wool. In addition, it is prone to tangling. Owners of home dogs, far from the show career, have the opportunity to ease themselves the task and just cut off the outer hair, leaving only the undercoat. You can do this yourself or by entrusting this work to a professional groomer.
However, if the dog participates in exhibitions, this option will not work, because the standard requires a coarse, hard and tight coat. This can be achieved if you pull out hairs in the head, neck, ear shells, sternum, trunk and tail.
This procedure - trimming, allows you to release the skin from the old coat and is done manually. This complex exercise, requiring a long time and no less patience, especially difficult for a person involved in such a process for the first time.
On carrying out the trimming it is possible to consult with experienced owners of schnauzers or breeders, it is also always possible to visit the groomer and see how to do it correctly. If you do not want to do it yourself, then various zoosalons are happy to provide such a service.
To ensure that the hair does not get tangled and does not get mixed up in coils, you need to regularly - 5-7 times a month, comb the pet with a special brush, suitable for hard woolly covering. It is necessary to do this before going to buy a dog. It is recommended to start the procedure with the limbs, not forgetting about the axillary cavities, stomach and paws, it is here that the coils are formed most often.
Frequent bathing zwergi do not require, usually the procedure is carried out before the haircut, before the exhibition and when contaminated. It should be as careful as possible so that the funds do not penetrate the eyes, ears and the mouth of the dog. It is advisable to use special, soft washing shampoos and gels with the effect "without tears". Abundant wool must be thoroughly rinsed under running water.
Ears also require attention, they are regularly examined for infections and inflammatory processes. If they are covered with wool, which makes it difficult to inspect, it is recommended that you use a pair of tweezers to remove excess hairs. Any allocation, as well as hyperemia, should be given caution. Teeth to clean the pet enough times in 7 days or to give the pet a special dental toy or a bone.
Features of feeding
Miniature schnauzers belong to highly active dogs, which means they need special nutrition. Their body is very sensitive to fatty foods and often needs additional sources of vitamins and trace elements. A pet can be fed with dry rations, however, it is still better if the food is only a supplement to natural nutrition.
In the lines of some manufacturers, you can find a special food for zvergov, it is maximally adapted to the representatives of this breed and prevents the development of urolithiasis. But still a long and healthy life to provide the dog will help a balanced, natural food - meat, dairy products, cereals, vegetables, etc.
Read more about feeding small breeds .
Photo of a miniature schnauzer
Video about the miniature schnauzer
The cost of a miniature schnauzer
The price of a thoroughbred puppy starts from 18,000 rubles. It will be a healthy kid, with documents and necessary vaccinations. If you need a pet for breeding and exhibition career, you will have to pay a little more. High-quality offspring from the nursery costs a maximum of 35,000-38,000 rubles.
Miniature Schnauzer can be called a real energy bundle, so it does not fit as a sofa pup. This is a serious dog of small size, with a brave heart and boundless devotion.
Nurseries of the Miniature Schnauzer
- Moscow http://www.zwergschnauzer.ru/en/
- Saint-Petersburg http://alterbekar.com/home.html
- Kiev http://www.zwergschnauzer.com.ua
- Minsk http://asson-ari.com