The Northern Husky breed is different from other dogs. First of all, they are working pupils who are used to traveling long distances, sleeping on the snow and appreciating the will. Naturally, their features affect the diet. What can you feed these loyal friends of a person who never let you down, even in the harshest conditions?
How to feed the husky
There are 3 types of feeding:
- Natural - food prepared by the owner from home products. This meal definitely has advantages: the owner is always aware of what his four-legged friend is eating, is confident in the quality of food, and that it does not contain harmful impurities. In addition, dogs are always benefited by the use of natural ingredients, especially protein and fiber. But the disadvantages are also present: the owner will spend a lot of time preparing, it is unlikely to be able to perfectly balance the diet. The pet will need additional sources of vitamins and trace elements.
- Production feeds: dry and canned rations. If the owner prefers this option, then the feeding of the pet will take less time, and the dog will get everything that he needs. However, this only applies to high-quality feed containing a sufficient amount of animal protein, because the husky is a real meat-eater. By the disadvantages can be attributed the high cost of good rations, manufacturers are often "cunning" and do not agree on the exact composition of their product. Also when feeding "drying" talk about the diversity of nutrition is not necessary. Of course, physiologically dogs do not need frequent change of dishes, but they may not like monotony.
- Combined food. On this score, there is still a lot of controversy - is it possible to feed the dog and dry food, and natural food? For adult hussy dogs, it is permissible, but puppies are not recommended for such food.
How to Feed a Husky Puppy
Buying a puppy of any breed, the owners need to know how to feed the newly made member of the family. If there is no experience, it is better to consult a breeder or veterinarian. But there are general recommendations. For example, when feeding with dry fodders, attention should be paid to the following aspects:
- It is better to purchase a premium food, super-premium or holistic class.
- In a good stern the first place should be the meat part - meat meal or meat.
- What should not be in food: artificial colors, preservatives, flavors, soy and corn.
- Puppies should be given only puppy food (up to 8-10 months, and it is important to transfer the pet in time to the diet for adult dogs, otherwise there is a risk of joint dysplasia).
- It would be nice to feed the same brand for the first time as he ate from the breeder.
When the baby is naturally fed, it is worth feeding milk powder, cottage cheese, diluted in milk, boiled croutons with meat, thick cereals and vegetable soups. In food you can add crushed boiled egg, finely chopped greens, a little vegetable oil. Vegetables should be present in the diet - they can be boiled and added to the dishes or given raw.
Adult crumbs can be given fish, but only sea, cooked and peeled. Whichever type of feeding the host chooses, he should take care that the baby always has access to fresh drinking water.
How to Feed an Adult Husky
Vegetarians representatives of this breed can not be called: 70% of the diet of an adult dog - it's meat and offal. In addition, unlike most dogs, husky can eat any meat, even fatty varieties, with no load on the liver. In general, all northern breeds need food containing more fat.
In the menu you can include sea fish - raw or boiled, vegetables - better raw, cereals and offal. Porridge is given to dogs, but in small amounts, rice, buckwheat, millet is best suited. And it is better not to boil the croup, but pour boiling water and give it in a steamed form. Sour-milk products can also enter the diet.
Than you can not feed the husky
To the pet was healthy and kept in good shape, it is worthwhile to watch that he did not eat the following food:
- salty and flavored food;
- raw pork;
- smoked products and marinades;
Do not benefit from dishes with various artificial additives.
It will be useful:
How many times a day to feed the husky
Like other canine babies, husky puppies are fed 6 times a day until 2 months of age. Then you need to cancel one feeding and look at the reaction of the puppy - if his changes do not disturb, then 5 times the pet is fed until 4 months.
From 4 months to half a year the dog eats 4 times, and after - up to 8-10 months - 3 times. By the age of 10 months, the grown-up baby is ready to eat only 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. One and a half years of a pet can be fed only once, but most owners still stop on a 2-time option.
It is important to stick to the feeding schedule, not to give the pet food from your table, otherwise later it will become "treat yourself" or sit with begging eyes.
Husky - "snow" dogs, beautiful, proud and freedom-loving. To keep their activity, outer gloss and a luxurious fur coat, you need to keep track of what pets eat. It is necessary to adhere to the chosen type of feeding and try to give only what will go to the four-footed friend for the benefit. Proper nutrition is the guarantee of a happy and long life for a dog.