The Dachshund is a small clever doggie of the hunting breed, which today is more of a companion pet than a hunter. Of course, animals have reconciled to this function and are perfectly able to cope with it. However, the call of the blood has not disappeared, and in the soul these cute creatures are still hunters. Therefore, in all areas, including nutrition, it is worth considering this feature. What to feed the dachshund, so that the food would benefit and satisfy all the needs of the body?
- Корм или натуральная пища 1. Food or natural food
- Круг запрещенных продуктов 2. Range of Prohibited Products
- Важные и необходимые продукты в рационе питомца 3. Important and necessary foods in the pet's diet
- Основные правила кормления таксы 4. Basic rules of dachshund feeding
- Особенности кормления такс 5. Features of Dachshund Feeding
- Чем кормить щенка таксы 6. How to feed a puppy dachshund
Food or natural food
The majority of dog owners, not only the dachshund, face a dilemma - what is better? There is no single and correct answer. Taxus can be fed with special feeds, based on their size and age. In addition, proven brands, which are trusted by well-known breeders, have already been tested for balance and suitability. In this case, the food becomes comfortable for the owners - you do not need to take into account the balance of the elements, calculate the size of portions, and generally does not waste time preparing.
If the owners of the rate are inclined to another option, then the "natural" food for dachshunds is also not contraindicated. The main thing is that the food is healthy and nutritious. In this respect, fees are quite uncomfortable, and ordinary porridge with meat, with the addition of vegetables and greens, may well be a good diet.
It is desirable that the owners of the dog decide on the type of feeding even before the pet crosses the threshold of the house. In this matter, you can focus on what kind of feed the breeder fed the dachshund. It is desirable first time to adhere to this kind of food, it will help to avoid unnecessary stress for the baby and possible allergic reactions . If it was a ready forage, then it is worth asking his brand and for the first time to purchase it.
If there is a desire to change the type of feeding the dog, then it is necessary to introduce new products gradually - starting once a day. Do not mix food and give ready food with natural food in one feed. The same rule applies when transferring a dog to dry food.
Circle of Prohibited Products
Specialists-veterinarians developed a whole grocery set, which is not recommended to include in the diet dachshunds:
- pork - this meat contains too much fat, and it often serves as a carrier of parasites;
- confectionery, chocolate - even if the pet requires a treat, it is worthwhile restraining itself, because sugar has a bad effect on the pet's gastrointestinal tract and its tooth enamel;
- boiled bones and tubular, which in any form can clog the intestines and even lead to its damage;
- sausages, various smoked delicacies containing a large amount of substances unsuitable for the stomach of any dog, it is better if the dachshund never tries such food;
- fatty foods - fried foods, fatty sour cream, butter, margarine, etc .;
- salty foods and dishes with spices.
Important and necessary food in the pet's diet
Since the dachshund does not have any pathological features of the digestive tract, there are a lot of products allowed for its feeding:
- Meat - in the diet should be present several types of meat, the dog must necessarily receive it daily, preferably in raw form. Suitable lamb, veal, beef, rabbit. Poultry meat can also be given, but it is better to pre-boil it.
- Fish in the diet should be present, but enough one or two feedings per week, before serving, you need to scald the fish with boiling water.
- Cereals - the following types of porridge - rice, millet, buckwheat, and oatmeal - are suitable for feeding the dachshund. Cereals can be savored with vegetable oil of any kind, for example, sunflower, soybean, olive, etc., and also add crushed fresh herbs. It is not desirable to give porridge from manna and pearl barley. The first is not useful, the second is very hard to digest.
- Macaroni can sometimes be given to fees, only the products must be made from durum wheat.
- Bread - occasionally a pet can be pampered, but baking should not be too fresh and fancy.
- Sour milk products - low-fat kefir, yogurt, natural yogurt without additives, cottage cheese, cheese - all this can be present in the diet of your pet. But milk can be given in case the dog does not develop diarrhea after it.
- Eggs can be given boiled, separately, or added to a dish. A raw dog is offered only yolk, as the protein is practically not digested.
- Vegetables and fruits - except grapes to the pet it is possible to offer everything, if, certainly, the dog will eat. Most often, dachshunds like raw potatoes and carrots.
- Bones are given only raw (the main thing is that they are not tubular).
Sometimes you can treat the dachshund with croutons, gallets or fresh crackers.
The basic rules of dachshund feeding
One of the main questions of the owners of the rate: "How many times a day to feed the fee?". Puppies until 3 months fed every three to four hours, from 3 to 8 months, enough three meals a day, from 8 months the dog can be transferred to adult two-time feeding. Adult dachshund feed more often than twice a day is not recommended, and portions should be small.
Toddlers need to be fed before going out, as the need for a toilet they have almost immediately after eating. In adult pets, everything is different - their feeding should take place, just after the paddock. It is compulsory after a meal that the pet should rest, this is due to the peculiarities of his physiology. Active games after eating can cause a bowel turn. Regardless of the time of day and type of food, the dog should have access to water.
Features of dachshund feeding
There are a number of breeds that have the risk of earning obesity, but they also include fees. They have a good appetite, so be sure to ensure that there is a balance between the amount of food consumed and the physical activity of the dog.
If the pet receives a large load and spends a lot of energy - a portion of food can be increased, with a low activity - reduce. To calculate the amount of food for a fee, you can use the following formula - 40 grams of food per kilogram of body weight.
The pet did not eat the food? In no case should not leave it in a bowl, as the dog has satisfied the hunger and all the remaining is already superfluous. Food for the dog should be warm, hot, like a cold, harms the pet's body. But salt it should not be, as well as add various seasonings and spices.
Often, dogs of this breed suffer from a lack of phosphorus and calcium. To include biologically active supplements and vitamin preparations in the diet, it is necessary to consult a veterinarian. In no case can you do it yourself.
For dachshunds, dairy products are a full-fledged food, from which it will get everything you need, and therefore, it is not necessary to supplement it with other food. You can not sweeten the food to the dog. Sugar, honey, sugar substitutes - all this will only harm the health of the pet.
Dachshunds are prone to manifestations of allergic reactions. If suddenly the pet has dandruff, or he has become more likely to itch, then, most likely, it manifests a food allergy. It is necessary to remove from the diet all new dishes that could provoke such a condition. Most often these products are sour milk, fish, smoked products, flour products. If the condition does not improve, you need to seek help from a veterinarian.
It is necessary to observe a diet, this will have a positive effect on the digestive system of the pet, and also will wean the dog to beg. Appetite dachshunds - this is one of the most obvious indicators of her well-being. Any change, both increase, and its absence, should alarm the pet owner.
How to Feed a Dachshund Puppy
Owners of the puppy of a dachshund are doubtlessly asked by the question: "How to feed a puppy of a dachshund?". The puppy should receive a sufficient amount of food, and in some periods of his growth a small pet can eat a portion of an adult dog. It should not frighten, the kid should be moderately well-fed, at least, his ribs should not stand out. In any case, puppy malnutrition can become a greater threat to health in the future than its overfeed.
Food should be medium in consistency consistency. Very small crumbs can be given baby meat food, with the addition of cereals, ground with a blender or twisted in a meat grinder. Often, novice owners feed the puppy's dachshunds less than they should, in the hope that it will not grow intensively and will remain of a miniature size. This does not affect the growth of the dog in any way, the dachshund will be the same as its parents, however, food shortages will lead to various problems.
Never need to offer a puppy food from your table. Dachshunds, as well as other breeds, quickly get used to it and later turn into beggars, and often even into kitchen thieves. From the balance and richness of nutrition depends on the full development of the pet.