Dogs are descendants of menacing predators - wolves, everyone knows this, but looking at amusing Pekingese , it's hard to believe. But it does not matter whether the pet is like his wild ancestors or not, when selecting a diet, one must take into account their historical roots. How and how to feed a dog of this unusual breed, so that the dog was healthy and cheerful?
- Чем кормить пекинеса 1. How to feed a Pekingese
- Чем кормить щенка пекинеса 2. How to feed a Pekingese puppy
- Чем кормить взрослого пекинеса 3. How to feed an adult Pekingese
- Чем нельзя кормить пекинеса 4. Than you can not feed a Pekingese
- Сколько раз в день кормить пекинеса 5. How many times a day to feed Pekingese
How to feed a Pekingese
Like all dog owners, the owners of Pekingese have a choice - to feed their pets with natural food or to buy ready-made diets. Do not think that "drying" is a harmful food given to dogs by people who do not want to cook ordinary food. In fact, if you choose a high quality food, it will only benefit the little friend.
At selection it is necessary to consider a breed, age and physiological features of the pet. When feeding the pellets to the puppy, they can be pre-soaked in water, but they are used exclusively for feeding the babies. Adult dogs should eat food dry.
If the owner prefers natural feeding, then it is necessary to take care of the balance of the diet. First of all, the basis of the diet is meat, best beef, but do not forget about other useful products. Pekingese can prepare the following dishes:
- porridge (buckwheat, rice, Herculean) with minced meat;
- meat or fish with vegetables;
- sour-milk products (without artificial additives), you can add pieces of fruit;
- Vegetable puree, with boiled egg yolk or dressed with vegetable oil.
With natural feeding it is worth consulting with a veterinarian about the pet's need for additional sources of vitamins and trace elements.
How to Feed a Pekingese Puppy
A 4-week-old puppy receives exclusively mother's milk. But if the bitch had complicated births with a caesarean section , which is not so rare in Pekingese, then the offspring are transferred to feeding special mixtures. The introduction of complementary foods starts from 1-1.5 months, and the owner first determines whether enough milk is given to the crumbs by regular weighing. Puppies, which are poorly gain weight, supplement additionally, using artificial bough milk.
By transferring offspring to adult food, most breeders choose industrial canned food. With natural feeding, babies are given boiled beef from minced meat, milk and cheese with calcium. Usually at 2 months, the kids find themselves in a new house, and the owners are not advised to change the habitual pet diet during the first 1.5 to 2 weeks. It is worth to learn from the breeder the feeding schedule, approximate menu or brand of ready food. Read more about super premium food .
By the 3rd month, you can make a natural diet more diverse, but introduce new products neatly - one in 5-7 days, watching the reaction of the body. Food should be chopped, meat should be given only in boiled form, vegetables should be grated better. If the baby feeds on production food, but it does not gain weight, it makes sense to replace the feed with a holistic-class diet.
Since 4 months in the puppy of Pekingese the period of intensive growth begins, therefore it is recommended to increase the daily portion of food. Enable the following products in the menu:
- chopped beef scar;
- soft cartilage;
- pieces of raw potatoes;
Wrecked cartilage or special treats will help the crumb to get rid of the itching caused by teething. From the age of 5 months the puppy begins to lose milk teeth and gnaw everything. But at this time an intensive load on the jaw is not recommended, so it should be prevented that the baby had at his disposal solid objects.
From 6-8 months it is useful to give the pet seafood - boiled fish, shellfish, seaweed. From the age of one year, the dog can already be fully translated into adult food.
How to Feed an Adult Pekingese
The first thing that owners of dogs of this breed should take care of is their physical form. In fact, quite often there are fattened, lazy Pekingese, and each owner should avoid such a fate of his pet. And for this it is enough to make the right diet of the pet, taking into account the peculiarities of the breed:
- Meat is given in boiled form, but beef and beef scar is worth grinding and giving raw.
- To prevent the pet from becoming infected with worms, it is advisable to refreeze the meat products in the freezer.
- Low-fat cheeses should be part of the diet is more desirable to give the product of home production, it is ideal to use it as a treat.
- For food 2-3 times a week, it is recommended to add boiled yolk.
- Porridge is useful to fill with vegetable oil (2-3 tsp per serving).
Read also :
Than you can not feed a Pekingese
Since Pekingese people like to eat and are not averse to dining with the master's table, the owners must stop these attempts. In addition, the gastrointestinal tract of these dogs react negatively to the following food:
- beans and potatoes - they provoke the development of flatulence;
- fatty meat, especially pork and lamb - the stomach is not able to fully digest them;
- sweet dishes - Pekingese - sweet tooth, but because they are contraindicated, they should be replaced with pieces of fruit, rye crumbs;
- sausages are strictly prohibited.
It is not recommended to combine natural food and ready-made food. It is necessary to choose one thing.
Useful: the proper care of dogs .
How many times a day to feed Pekingese
Toddlers from 1.5 to 2 months. will have to feed every 4 hours, that is, 6 feedings per day. From 2 months one feeding can be removed, but only if the baby himself is ready for this. From 3 months to 6 months the number of meals is reduced from 5 to 4 times. With half a year enough to feed the pet three times a day, and by the year to transfer to adult, two-time feeding.
Proper feeding is the key to the health and longevity of the pet. Therefore, it is worth taking a closer look at the nutrition of your eastern four-legged companion.