Alabai are large, stately dogs that require a special approach. But this is more relevant to the conditions of detention and upbringing, and the feeding of the representatives of this breed is not much different from the nutrition of large dogs of other breeds. The main thing is to follow certain rules and not overfeed, then the pet will be beautiful, sleek, and above all healthy. So, what to feed Alabai?
- Основные правила кормления алабаев 1. Basic rules for feeding Alabayev
- Сухой готовый корм для алабаев 2. Dry prepared food for Alabayev
- Кормление алабая натуральной пищей 3. Alabai feeding with natural food
- Приблизительный недельный рацион 4. Approximate weekly diet
- Кормление щенков алабая 5. Feeding Alabai puppies
- Как кормить старых алабаев 6. How to feed old Alabai
Basic Rules for Alabayev Feeding
Alabai are unpretentious in food, however, not everything that they can eat, will benefit them, it is worth considering the main points of the diet of these dogs:
- Meat is the basis of the diet. You can give it to your pet as cooked or raw. It is worth giving preference to low-fat beef and veal. Chicken meat can also be given, but if the pet does not have allergies , and make sure that the tubule bones do not get into the bowl. They can cause the dog to choke, or damage the digestive tract.
- Pork is better to exclude from the menu of the pet, since the fat contained in this meat, the Alabai organism is very poorly digested.
- Better to abandon bones altogether. Boiled bones disrupt digestion and cause constipation .
- By-products are allowed to feed the dog, but only they can not completely replace meat. It is recommended either to give one of the two feedings, or to mix one to one.
- Soup is a suitable meal for Alabai. Initially, you need to cook the meat, getting the meat broth, then add the rump and cook until half-ready. Give an adult dog soup can be a portion of no more than two liters at a time.
The dog's diet can be diversified by offering fish - sea lean. Among the croup is to give preference to rice, buckwheat, oatmeal. It is useful for Alabai to give vegetables - fresh, boiled, steamed. It is necessary to follow the regime - to feed an adult pet twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, at the same time.
If there is a need to transfer the dog to a different type of food, then it is better to do this gradually, within a week, increasing the amount of new food for the pet. Among the rules can also be noted that the pet should know the place where he is fed and in the future go to feed it there.
Dry ready food for alabai
If the owners decided to feed Alabai with dry food, then it is worth choosing a premium quality product that meets the needs of large dogs. Such foods can be purchased at specialized pet stores. With this type of food, the pet's menu can be varied by offering the dog a canned food. It is desirable that it was the same brand as the dry one .
To date, a lot of different ready-made delicacies for dogs are produced, they can be pampered by a pet, but you should not get involved. Their number in the diet should not be more than 10%.
The feed rate is calculated based on the weight, individual characteristics and preferences of the animal, practically on all packages there are calculated tables that help in this matter.
Feeding alabaya with natural food
Of course, on the one hand, food with natural products is more diverse, but the costs of labor and time for cooking are considerable.
In addition to meat, dogs can be given various by-products - liver of beef, kidneys, heart, scar. Their composition is rich in vitamins, microelements and their use has a fruitful effect on the condition of the dog. But we should not allow them to replace meat.
The Central Asian Shepherd has powerful jaws that require constant development. For this, the pet is recommended to give solid food. And it is better to choose for these purposes special bones made of bovine veins. They can become not only food, but entertainment.
Of cereals, you should not give alabai semolina, although it contains a lot of carbohydrates, but it has a low nutritional value, as well as a pearl barley, which is poorly digested by the dog's digestive tract.
Raw vegetables, as the main source of vegetable fiber, must necessarily be in the pet's diet, it can be zucchini, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots. Legumes should not be given to dogs, since they increase intestinal gas production.
As a pet treat you can treat pieces of fruit - apples, pears, peaches, etc. Dairy products are an integral part of the daily Alabai menu. This is the best source of calcium. Eggs - boiled or raw - are also acceptable in the diet.
Do not give your pet a meal with a lot of spices, as well as fried, salted and pickled. Food with flavors is strictly prohibited, as it can worsen the sense of smell of a dog.
Owners of the pet need to ensure that the dog not only did not starve, but did not gain excess weight.
Approximate weekly diet
We have not yet answered the question of how many times a day to feed Alabai? Such a menu is designed for an adult healthy animal, medium size and weight:
- From 1 to 4 days: 700 grams of meat, 500 grams of cereals, 300 grams of vegetables, 20 grams of vegetable oil.
- From the 5th to the 6th day: one and a half kg of offal, 500 g of cereals; bread, rye flour crackers - 300 grams, one chicken egg and 20 grams of sunflower oil.
- The 7th day: a kilogram of cottage cheese, one liter of kefir or curdled milk, 500 g of vegetables.
In dogs of this breed, depending on the season, the food needs also change. In winter, it is necessary to increase the amount of food containing a large number of proteins and carbohydrates. In summer it is better to add more fresh vegetables to the diet. This should be taken into account when forming a diet.
Feeding puppies alabai
When a small offspring appears in the house, it is necessary to decide whether to feed the puppy with dry feeds or to cook food from natural products. In the second type, emphasis should be placed on the following products:
- meat - only lean, beef or veal;
- offal - you can give, but not too often, once or twice a week is enough;
- it is necessary to cook a soup cooked with meat broth, with groats or vegetables;
- fish can be given to babies, but exclusively marine, cleared of bones;
- puppies can be fed porridge, for this rice croup, buckwheat and oatmeal are suitable;
- Dairy products should be included in the diet of the Alabai puppy.
It is worth watching the puppy with food to set the necessary size of a single serving of food. If he eats fast, cleanly lick the bowl and quietly goes on with his own affairs, then the amount of food is calculated correctly. At the puppy in the bowl after the meal are leftovers, it means, it is necessary to reduce his portion. But if he eats everything and polishes his empty cup for a long time, not wanting to part with it, then it is necessary to give him a little more food.
How to feed old Alabai
If the pet has lived to an advanced age, then it is necessary to take care of a special food for him. In a worn out organism, all metabolic processes proceed much more slowly, and this can provoke the appearance of obesity in a dog. To prevent this, it is necessary to regularly take the dog out for walks. The diet should be corrected, having lowered in it quantity of calories.
It is not necessary to transfer older animals to a different type of food, for their body it can become dangerous. In addition, old pets in this situation often experience stress. The portion of food in this case should be slightly less than that of a young adult dog.
As for dry types of feed, it is advisable to purchase the species recommended for elderly individuals. They have a balanced formula containing a large number of proteins and little fat.
It is worth choosing food that belongs to the premium class. They have a high biological value, are made from high quality raw materials, what is needed for Alabai old age.
If in the animal's menu the lion's share is occupied by meat products, then it is worth reducing the amount of its consumption, otherwise the meat exerts an excessive load on various organs, in particular, on the work of the kidneys and the liver.
Pets in old age need to feed the body, and you can do this by including vitamin supplements in your diet. It is worth knowing that such changes are best introduced after visiting a veterinarian and receiving professional advice.
If you feed alabai correctly, the dog will be well-groomed, with a dense beautiful coat and no health problems. In addition, she will show all-consuming love and deep respect for her wonderful owner.
- reviews about alabay ;
- training Alabai ;
- how to educate alabai ;
- aviary for Alabai ;
- how to call alabaya ;
- Alabai (Central Asian Shepherd) .