Bordeaux dog is the name of the breed, which is unfamiliar, but the dogs themselves are quite popular, their second name is French mastiffs. These formidable krepyshy often take part in the cinema and cartoons, as they have quite a colorful appearance. Often they play negative characters, but, in fact, Bordeaux daughters are the sweetest and kindest creatures that successfully play the role of companion, not only for adults, but also for children.
- Происхождение породы 1. Origin of the breed
- Описание породы бордосский дог 2. Description of the breed Bordeaux dog
- Каков характер француза 3. What is the character of the Frenchman
- Правила содержания и ухода 4. Rules of maintenance and care
- Как и чем кормить собаку 5. How and what to feed the dog
- Фото бордосского дога 6. Photo of the Bordeaux Doga
- Видео бордосского дога 7. Video of the Bordeaux Great Dane
- Стоимость щенка бордосского дога 8. The cost of a Bordeaux dog dog
Origin of the breed
Bordeaux dog comes from France, his ancestors are various dog-shaped dogs of this country. The breed became recognized by the middle of the 19th century. There is an assumption that distant ancestors of these dogs are Alans - an extinct Spanish breed, which they used to work on farms.
Some researchers believe that Molosses originated from Assyrian Great Danes - intended for hunting or fighting. These giants had a frightening appearance and terrified the practical inhabitants of all countries.
During the Great Roman Empire in France there were many different breeds originating from Molossians, Alans, Epic and Celtic dogs. Directly large breeds, the ancestors of French mastiffs, bred in the south-west of the state. That's when they called big guard dogs. But in the 19th century the population of these dogs decreased significantly.
1863 was marked by an important event - then the first exhibition took place, at which the Bordeaux danes were presented, which could attract the attention of European dog breeders.
Three decades continued the ups and downs among judges and breeders about the standard data of this breed. But in 1911 this document finally came to light. However, in three years the dog breeders put forward new requirements - to divide the single breed into two - to dogs, whose muzzle was adorned with a black mask, called Bordeaux danes, and representatives with a red mask - Parisian danes.
World Wars adversely affected the development of the breed. The Great Danes from France remained in the minority and almost ceased to exist. But closer to the 50th years of the 20th century, work was begun to restore the breed. The main breed dogs, which were used for the revival process, were in French nurseries.
On the territory of Russia the French mastiffs came in 1991, and after 2 years at the Moscow exhibition were represented 5 individuals of this breed. In our country, these powerful handsome men became popular and liked many dog breeders for their excellent qualities.
Description of breed Bordeaux dog
The ancestors of the Bordeaux dane had a frightening appearance, and some distant relatives and ferocious temper. The representatives of the modern breed have radically changed their character, but in appearance there are features of severe dogs.
The puppies of the Great Danes are real sweethearts, all the features are relaxed. But in the process of growing up, they become more dense, build up with muscle mass, acquire a massive, muscular, yet squat complex. All kind of dogs reminds that their ancestors were dogs for fights.
There is a clearly regulated standard, to which thoroughbred French mastiffs must also comply:
- Dogs of large size with a large head, a wide chest and a stocky body. In the area of muzzle at the Bordeaux danes a large number of clearly visible folds, located symmetrically on both sides.
- The nose is short, ends with a wide fleshy lobe, which can be slightly turned up. There is a characteristic shift of the lower jaw forward.
- Ears are gentle, medium, hanging forward, their edges bent.
- The eyes are located at a great distance, they have an oval shape. Their color varies, depending on the color: from almost black to nutty.
- The expression of the muzzle at the mastiffs is often discontented or bored, but in most cases this type is deceptive.
- The physical strength of the dogs of this breed is also confirmed by strong, even limbs . The tail of the mastiffs does not stop, it has the shape of a sickle. In a calm state it hangs, but it is not clamped by the paws.
A high-ranking representative has an athletic build. The weight of males often reaches 90 kg, and the height is 68 cm, in bitches the dimensions are not too different, some of them grow to 66 cm at the withers. Standards in this case are not too rigid, but the Bordeaux dog-male can not have a body weight less than 50 kg, females - 40 kg. Mastiffs can not be attributed to long-livers, their life cycle lasts from 8 to 10 years.
Color in dogs red, and can be of different shades, from yellowish to chestnut. On the muzzle is a mask - black or dark-red. The coat of the Bordeaux danes is thick, the hair thin, densely imposes a trunk. Wool on the ears has a darker shade than on other parts of the body. The standard allows the presence of a stain on the sternum of white color or as a frame of the edges of the fingers. If spots of this color are located on other parts of the body, then the dog is disqualified.
What is the character of the Frenchman
Despite the fierce appearance, the dogs of this breed have a calm, phlegmatic nature, possess intellect and immense devotion to the family. They are very self-sufficient and have a good memory. Naturally, there are no ideal dogs, as, indeed, people, so do not be cunning, speaking only of the positive qualities of these four-legged friends. If to describe completely the character of this magnificent dog, then the following picture is obtained:
- Without exaggeration, one can fight for one's own life and death. Badly endures separation and misses the owners greatly. Among family members independently determines for himself the owner, more often choosing a person with a calm character.
- With the head of the family (leader) trying to keep "on an equal footing", the rest of the family is friendly and even affectionate. Very good with children and always happy to participate in games. But its dimensions should be taken into account when communicating with the kids, the dog may inadvertently harm.
- Because of the excellent protective qualities, it can manifest aggression to strangers, but without good reason does not attack. Loud barking is only indicative. The dog will attack only for the response. One more nuance, mastiffs consider as a direct threat of people with alcoholic intoxication, therefore, having smelled the smell of alcohol, they can pounce.
- They perfectly get on with other pets under one roof, and with proper upbringing they can even co-exist with dogs of the same sex. But this kind of friendliness does not apply to other animals, as a rule, conflict situations arise between males.
To train French mastiffs is difficult without knowledge of the characteristics of the breed and skills. As a true phlegmatic with developed intelligence, the dog, having received the command, does not rush to perform it blindly, but begins to think about the solution. And during this period he is deaf to other teams. The mastiffs are extremely hardy, but some kind of lentils prevent a 100% working capacity for pets.
Also Bordeaux mastiffs are stubborn. They easily detect the owner's weaknesses and successfully use their knowledge. Therefore, they are considered excellent manipulators.
Training will give good results if relations are built on equality and the use of motivational methods. Do not use brute force, because if the pet is offended, then this is for a long time.
It will be interesting : the Great Dane .
Care and maintenance rules
The Bordeaux Dog is designed to protect property and family members, rather than adjoining adjacent territory. Therefore, it is recommended to keep it in an apartment or house. Yes, and the coat is confirmed. Although practiced summer outdoor maintenance and year-round in a heated kennel. But most of the dogs go out on the street, run. The dog is suitable for housing conditions, however, it is worth considering its dimensions.
Care for the appearance of the mastiff includes the following procedures:
- combing the wool with a silicone or rubber brush 2-4 times a month;
- cleansing with a wet cloth or a tissue of folds on the muzzle after eating;
- eyelid inspection, cleaning of the eyes, spruce it is necessary;
- You should also examine your ears every day, and you can clean them once a week;
- to give special sticks for cleaning teeth;
- Mastiff claws should be cut 1-2 times a month (for details about clipping );
- attention should be paid to the paw pads, since they can crack.
Bordeaux do not need frequent bathing, they can be replaced by dry cleaning. Two adoption baths a year is enough for them.
Owners should know that these dogs do not tolerate the heat, so do not walk them under the scorching rays, and on the paddock it is recommended to take a bottle of water.
How and what to feed the dog
A pet can be fed, both natural food and industrial forages. In their diet include meat, low-fat, you can with veins, offal, porridge, vegetables, both in raw and boiled form. Allowed once or twice a week to give sea fish, but not raw. Naturally, the portion for these powerful dogs should be decent. But you do not need to overfeed the mastiff, because different diseases can develop.
If the owner prefers ready-made food, then you should buy a quality product and only in specialized stores. It should be suitable for large breeds and contain in the composition all the necessary vitamins and trace elements. The daily rate of feed depends on the size of the pet, its activity, age, peculiarities of the functioning of the digestive system.
If the pet has overweight, you should reduce the size of the portion and increase the physical load.
Photo of the Bordeaux mastiff
Video of the Bordeaux Doga
The cost of a Bordeaux dog dog
To buy a Frenchman exclusively as a pet is possible for 30000-35000 rubles. Puppy, who is admitted to breeding, but has minor defects that do not allow participating in exhibitions, costs 50,000-60000 rubles. High-grade representative of the breed is even more expensive - from 75,000 to 85,000 rubles. Naturally, the purchase is better to contact the nurseries.
Knowing the pros and cons of the nature of the Bordeaux dog, before deciding to buy, you should soberly assess your own strength, experience and the availability of free time. If everything is left to its own devices, the dog will easily take the place of the leader in the family and turn the remaining members into his subordinates. The mind and courage of the doug is enough for this.